Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,748 members, 7,831,385 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (897172 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Naturelle05: 3:43pm On Oct 01, 2017
Please I will like to find out if it is expensive to maintain Honda civic 2004 to 2008 model what should I look out for?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by samdollas2004(m): 9:39pm On Oct 01, 2017
captainking:
bros.. U should buy a scanner.. It's now cheap.. So you don't have to be looking for where to scan ur car..
How much is the scanner pls?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by samdollas2004(m): 9:40pm On Oct 01, 2017
Any good hearted can assist me with scanning pls? Urgent plssssss.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by captainking(m): 11:02pm On Oct 01, 2017
samdollas2004:
How much is the scanner pls?
wired scanner.. 10k..wireless Bluetooth scanner.. 6k...you can scan your car with your phone..

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kkon(m): 10:39am On Oct 02, 2017
captainking:
wired scanner.. 10k..wireless Bluetooth scanner.. 6k...you can scan your car with your phone..
please where can I get this scanner
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by captainking(m): 11:55am On Oct 02, 2017
kkon:
please where can I get this scanner
if you are in lagos.. Holla at me 08061227710.. Or WhatsApp.. 08140077394..
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by 9free(m): 1:48pm On Oct 02, 2017
samdollas2004:
Any good hearted can assist me with scanning pls? Urgent plssssss.
Location ?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by OPUSDEI1(m): 9:33pm On Oct 02, 2017
Naturelle05:
Please I will like to find out if it is expensive to maintain Honda civic 2004 to 2008 model what should I look out for?

2004/5 model civic is cheaper to maintain than the 2006-8 model.
But generally both models are low budget maintenance cars if bought in good condition.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by teeboy99: 7:29pm On Oct 03, 2017
abidemidare:

Have bn using OANDO dextron 2 on my Accord 2010 V6 since last year and on issue at all.

Don't worry. One day bushmeat go catch the hunter

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by fullman(m): 7:31pm On Oct 05, 2017
captainking:
bros.. U should buy a scanner.. It's now cheap.. So you don't have to be looking for where to scan ur car..
Please which of the scanbers will you recommend..

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by princejones(m): 7:58pm On Oct 05, 2017
Good evening everyone, please my Honda accord 02 is not reving(rpm)past 4 when firing it and as such do not pick up well when you want to force it take off at speed,though it drive and changes well if you are just moving it normal,the gear is new as the former was almost doing well the same thing that warrant me to change it.The scanned only gave 02 sensor fault,though check light is on and maintenance light do comes up when starting the car. Cc luvinhubby,gazzuzz,honmusa and others
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:54pm On Oct 05, 2017
princejones:
Good evening everyone, please my Honda accord 02 is not reving(rpm)past 4 when firing it and as such do not pick up well when you want to force it take off at speed,though it drive and changes well if you are just moving it normal,the gear is new as the former was almost doing well the same thing that warrant me to change it.The scanned only gave 02 sensor fault,though check light is on and maintenance light do comes up when starting the car. Cc luvinhubby,gazzuzz,honmusa and others

Replace the Oxygen sensor first, clean nozzles and replace spark plugs, then come back here.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by honmusa(m): 9:06pm On Oct 05, 2017
princejones:
Check the VTEC switch!!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by princejones(m): 9:10pm On Oct 05, 2017
honmusa:

Check the VTEC switch!!
thanks sir,it was service or should it be change
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:13pm On Oct 05, 2017
honmusa:

Check the VTEC switch!!

Baby boy, does not use VTECH switch, would rather he replace the throttle body,

But Oxygen sensor issues are like Malaria in Honda vehicles, can manifest different symptoms.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by princejones(m): 9:20pm On Oct 05, 2017
luvinhubby:

Replace the Oxygen sensor first, clean nozzles and replace spark plugs, then come back here.
thanks sir,l will do the rest tomorrow, spark plug already change
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by honmusa(m): 9:25pm On Oct 05, 2017
luvinhubby:

Baby boy, does not use VTECH switch, would rather he replace the throttle body,

But Oxygen sensor issues are like Malaria in Honda vehicles, can manifest different symptoms.
Honda accord I4 1998-2002 comes in 2 version VTEC version and non VTEC .

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by honmusa(m): 9:29pm On Oct 05, 2017
princejones:
thanks sir,it was service or should it be change
You actually need to confirm if it working before u swap it and also confirm the VTEC solenoid too
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:45pm On Oct 05, 2017
princejones:

disconnect O2 sensors(all)

Drive car, scan car around the time it does not rev passed 4000rpm post results. If you do not have any more codes apart from O2 sensor codes, then you might have a misdiagnosed transmission issue. If you have more codes then paste them here.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by princejones(m): 9:12am On Oct 06, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

disconnect O2 sensors(all)

Drive car, scan car around the time it does not rev passed 4000rpm post results. If you do not have any more codes apart from O2 sensor codes, then you might have a misdiagnosed transmission issue. If you have more codes then paste them here.
ok sir,l will tell my technician to do as started
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by barnaby04(m): 11:43pm On Oct 06, 2017
Hello guys,

Please who has an idea how much front bumper for Honda Baby Boy 2002 would cost?

Will be grateful for your kind response on this.

Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ignis: 4:14pm On Oct 08, 2017
Please how do I know when it's due to change the engine oil and filter oil of my car (Honda Hennersy 2000). I changed the engine oil last on 1st of May, this year.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Azanor(m): 1:15pm On Oct 10, 2017
Can anyone help me with this?

Azanor:
I drive a 2003 Honda Accord automatic and recently, it started jerking while shifting between gears (especially 1st to 2nd) after a cold start (not driven the car for several hours). It stops after I've driven the car for some minutes.

Please what could be the problem?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ayogabriel(m): 1:44pm On Oct 10, 2017
ignis:
Please how do I know when it's due to change the engine oil and filter oil of my car (Honda Hennersy 2000). I changed the engine oil last on 1st of May, this year.

I am not sure about the display on your dashboard, mine shows me the oil life. Once it gets to the 30% i change mine as well as the filter
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ayogabriel(m): 1:48pm On Oct 10, 2017
Good day house, i scanned my honda accord 2006 and got error P0685. Power relay control circuit. Having check it out online, i ll have to replace the circuit. How much does the circuit cost? If i am not to change it. What am i to do? Thanks in advance
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:09pm On Oct 10, 2017
ayogabriel:
Good day house, i scanned my honda accord 2006 and got error P0685. Power relay control circuit. Having check it out online, i ll have to replace the circuit. How much does the circuit cost? If i am not to change it. What am i to do? Thanks in advance

self medication is expensive long term. Read more.

Relay could cost as low as N500 if itis the issue

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ayogabriel(m): 2:12pm On Oct 10, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

self medication is expensive long term. Read more.

Relay could cost as low as N500 if itis the issue

grin I thought my sarcasm was pro, until I met you, thank you wink
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by samdollas2004(m): 4:34pm On Oct 10, 2017
Akoka or Oyin jolayemi, VI
9free:

Location ?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by samdollas2004(m): 4:35pm On Oct 10, 2017
Pls can you whatsapp me on 08160405657
captainking:
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by yinnocent32: 5:16pm On Oct 10, 2017
i drove my V6 honda accord 03 from Lagos to Auchi, in Edo state. for a friend's wedding. everything was fine til the ending of the first trip, when the car started jerking when changing gear. it works fine when on high speed, but anytime it slows down, it jerks very hard. to cut d story short. after the wedding, i took it to a mech who said it was one of the engine sitting. i was driving back to Lagos yesterday with my friends. getting close to Okada, i started hearing cracking noise in the engine, so i parked. got a toll vehicle to help toll it to the nearest mechanic to avoid further damage. on getting there, the mechanic was explaining something about metal gumming and crash shaft..and sugest i buy another engine.
am back to lagos today, and the car is still there.
please gurus in the house, do i have to change the complete engine or it can be fix. the car still start well when it cold but start to make noise as soon as it is getting hot.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dapotemi: 6:43pm On Oct 10, 2017
zeekleo:
please can anyone link me to any good mechanic around sangotedo ajah side or one that come to sangotedo ajah ?

Do you later get a mechanic around sangotedo pls
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:06pm On Oct 10, 2017
yinnocent32:
i drove my V6 honda accord 03 from Lagos to Auchi, in Edo state. for a friend's wedding. everything was fine til the ending of the first trip, when the car started jerking when changing gear. it works fine when on high speed, but anytime it slows down, it jerks very hard. to cut d story short. after the wedding, i took it to a mech who said it was one of the engine sitting. i was driving back to Lagos yesterday with my friends. getting close to Okada, i started hearing cracking noise in the engine, so i parked. got a toll vehicle to help toll it to the nearest mechanic to avoid further damage. on getting there, the mechanic was explaining something about metal gumming and crash shaft..and sugest i buy another engine.
am back to lagos today, and the car is still there.
please gurus in the house, do i have to change the complete engine or it can be fix. the car still start well when it cold but start to make noise as soon as it is getting hot.

Replace engine

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.