Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (892579 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davidtee(m): 11:48am On Jul 14, 2018
Morning house, I use Honda CR-V 2000 model, whenever I select Drive, the D4 light keep blinking continuesly and when this happened the car will not move properly, my mechanic said it’s the sensors that are bad which we have changed but I still experience it. Kindly assist urgently sir. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AutoElectNG: 12:22pm On Jul 14, 2018
DukeNija:
Honda Accord Enthusiast here. I currently use a Hyundai Accent but want to change to a Honda Accord 09. Pls tell me I’m not making a mistake. I can’t afford the toks so I’m buyin a locally used one(V4)

I’ve heard a lot about maintenance cost and I’m a bit worried. Pls advise.
Some information for you to devour
https://www.nairaland.com/4611127/what-does-vehicle-manufacturer-say#69306601
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AutoElectNG: 12:23pm On Jul 14, 2018
davidtee:
Morning house, I use Honda CR-V 2000 model, whenever I select Drive, the D4 light keep blinking continuesly and when this happened the car will not move properly, my mechanic said it’s the sensors that are bad which we have changed but I still experience it. Kindly assist urgently sir. Thanks

Scan for codes first!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AutoElectNG: 12:25pm On Jul 14, 2018
limsycutey:
I love honda accord cars (2008 upwards) and i'm thinking of going for a Naija used 2009 model (definitely not V6) cos I can't afford a Tokunbo. Is it a good idea? And what is the average price of a good one? Thanks.
https://www.nairaland.com/4611127/what-does-vehicle-manufacturer-say#69306601

Read up some more above
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by limsycutey(f): 12:48pm On Jul 14, 2018
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AutoElectNG: 12:53pm On Jul 14, 2018
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davidtee(m): 1:10pm On Jul 14, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Scan for codes first!
It’s was after the scan they said it’s the sensor that was bad and we changed them and after using the car for a day the issue came back again. Please has anyone in the house have similar experiences before? Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AutoElectNG: 1:14pm On Jul 14, 2018
davidtee:

It’s was after the scan they said it’s the sensor that was bad and we changed them and after using the car for a day the issue came back again. Please has anyone in the house have similar experiences before? Thanks

This post may help.

https://www.nairaland.com/4616476/whats-new-world-automotive-technology#69358354

You need a scan before repair AND after repair

If the post repair scan does not indicate the problem found during pre repair scan is gone, you wasted money, your problem was never fixed
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AutoElectNG: 8:51pm On Jul 14, 2018
davidtee:

My brother, you need more than codes, see picture attached

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lilkech(m): 12:51am On Jul 16, 2018
Please can someone help me out with a copy of the service manual for a 2004 i4 accord?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:23am On Jul 16, 2018
lilkech:
Please can someone help me out with a copy of the service manual for a 2004 i4 accord?

What do you want to know?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ColeworldMD(m): 8:48am On Jul 16, 2018
Oga Gazzuzz & luvinhubby I hail you o! Please I was wandering is there anything like fuel filter? When is the recommended change interval & how much does it COST (Belgium/new) for EOD 2005?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lilkech(m): 9:13am On Jul 16, 2018
luvinhubby:

What do you want to know?

I had the bearings for the front tyre hubs changed 3 months ago. After the change my handbrake lights have always stayed on.

Once I switch the car off and on the lights go away but after I drive for like 3 minutes it comes on again.

I don’t have functional ABS but The brakes still work fine and the handbrake is functional on both rear wheels as I jacked them up individually to check. The car is driving as it was before the bearings were changed but that light just keeps staying on permanently

I don’t know what the issue is. I scanned but nothing. I have no CEL
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 9:19am On Jul 16, 2018
lilkech:

I had the bearings for the front tyre hubs changed 3 months ago. After the change my handbrake lights have always stayed on.

Once I switch the car off and on the lights go away but after I drive for like 3 minutes it comes on again.

I don’t have functional ABS but The brakes still work fine and the handbrake is functional on both rear wheels as I jacked them up individually to check. The car is driving as it was before the bearings were changed but that light just keeps staying on permanently

I don’t know what the issue is. I scanned but nothing. I have no CEL

The hand brake light switch could be bad or the adjustment is too much.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lilkech(m): 9:23am On Jul 16, 2018
adanny01:

The hand brake light switch could be bad or the adjustment is too much.

Thanks But When you say the adjustment might be ‘too much’ could it mean that both/one of the rear wheels could be the culprit
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lilkech(m): 9:30am On Jul 16, 2018
and right after the bearings were changed nobody worked on the rear tires before this handbrake light issue poped up immediately. That’s why I’m confused.

adanny01, luvinhubby
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by herrlekan(m): 10:53am On Jul 16, 2018
Good morning, how much is the following sensors for 2003 Honda accord ex 2.4l:

1, O2 sensors bank 1 and bank 2

2, knock sensor

Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 11:20am On Jul 16, 2018
lilkech:
and right after the bearings were changed nobody worked on the rear tires before this handbrake light issue poped up immediately. That’s why I’m confused.

adanny01, luvinhubby

Your mechanic most likely turned the bearings upside down.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 11:21am On Jul 16, 2018
herrlekan:
Good morning, how much is the following sensors for 2003 Honda accord ex 2.4l:

1, O2 sensors bank 1 and bank 2

2, knock sensor

Thanks.
Send me an SMS - 08029255299.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 11:22am On Jul 16, 2018
ColeworldMD:
Oga Gazzuzz & luvinhubby I hail you o! Please I was wandering is there anything like fuel filter? When is the recommended change interval & how much does it COST (Belgium/new) for EOD 2005?

It is part of the fuel pump housing unit.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lilkech(m): 1:15pm On Jul 16, 2018
luvinhubby:

Your mechanic most likely turned the bearings upside down.

Na wa, but everything is working fine with the bearings up front. No noise whatsoever

So should keep driving with the light on and wait till the next time I’m changing bearings to know if that is the culprit?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ColeworldMD(m): 1:47pm On Jul 16, 2018
luvinhubby:

It is part of the fuel pump housing unit.
Thanks boss. Can it be changed separately or the whole fuel pump must be changed?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by coker89(m): 2:09pm On Jul 16, 2018
What You Should DO When Your Car Start Consuming Fuel

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 5:35pm On Jul 18, 2018
ColeworldMD:

Thanks boss. Can it be changed separately or the whole fuel pump must be changed?

It can be cleaned out or changed.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ColeworldMD(m): 6:19pm On Jul 18, 2018
luvinhubby:

It can be cleaned out or changed.
thanks chief!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Spandy(m): 5:55pm On Jul 19, 2018
My honda crv 1999 steering is very stive to turn. It only run smoothly when the car is on motion. Each time I top the steering oil it leaks under the car. What do I do?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kelvin30286063(m): 6:49pm On Jul 19, 2018
Hi guys, I've been on this trend and every info has been helpful.
Now I have my own problem. I drive a 2004 accord commonly called EOD but mine is Europe version.

The car is great and never gives me problem but the issue is, each has time I switch my AC on, my rpm goes down and the engine becomes sluggish which makes the car to jack as if it's going to go off on me.

I decided it's probably because my engine power was low so I told my mechanic to beef up the engine power.
Lo and behold, same problem. As soon as I try to move, the rpm goes down.
It runs fine when I'm on a good speed tho but the problem is when I'm in traffic and I have to be slow. Everything shakes and I always end up turning of the AC

Please guys, what could be the problem.
I've met with so many kazeems over this issue and all they tell me is either change plugs or fuel pump.

I've done all that before.

No changes.

I'll really appreciate any solution or advice. Thanks

Also, it's a manual

Picture is my car

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by oluwaseunla(m): 8:00pm On Jul 19, 2018
Kelvin30286063:
Hi guys, I've been on this trend and every info has been helpful.
Now I have my own problem. I drive a 2004 accord commonly called EOD but mine is Europe version.

The car is great and never gives me problem but the issue is, each has time I switch my AC on, my rpm goes down and the engine becomes sluggish which makes the car to jack as if it's going to go off on me.

I decided it's probably because my engine power was low so I told my mechanic to beef up the engine power.
Lo and behold, same problem. As soon as I try to move, the rpm goes down.
It runs fine when I'm on a good speed tho but the problem is when I'm in traffic and I have to be slow. Everything shakes and I always end up turning of the AC

Please guys, what could be the problem.
I've met with so many kazeems over this issue and all they tell me is either change plugs or fuel pump.

I've done all that before.

No changes.

I'll really appreciate any solution or advice. Thanks

Also, it's a manual

Picture is my car

Has anyone checked if your throttle body is dirty? That engine power they "beefed up" will have to be reversed sir.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by diportivo: 8:53pm On Jul 19, 2018
oluwaseunla:

Has anyone checked if your throttle body is dirty? That engine power they "beefed up" will have to be reversed sir.

iacv nko?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:43am On Jul 20, 2018
oluwaseunla:

No one checked the throttled body sir. They keep checking plug and fuel pump.
A mechanic even said I need to change my engine. I got really mad cuz this car is only a few months old and the engine is super new.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:44am On Jul 20, 2018
diportivo:

iacv nko?

What's IACV sir?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:03am On Jul 20, 2018
Kelvin30286063:

What's IACV sir?

idle air control valve, look up the position online and see if those kazeems blocked it with something or bypassed it(e no deyhard them)

do the iacv first before throttle body. normally the it's the iacv's function to maintain optimal idle rpm for several driving conditions including AC usage..... check that first.

that beef up they did also must be reversed, I'm guessing they tampered with ur idle speed by Messing with the throttle position sensor.... let them undo what they did

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.