Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (892975 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:14am On Jul 20, 2018
Kelvin30286063:
Hi guys, I've been on this trend and every info has been helpful.
Now I have my own problem. I drive a 2004 accord commonly called EOD but mine is Europe version.

The car is great and never gives me problem but the issue is, each has time I switch my AC on, my rpm goes down and the engine becomes sluggish which makes the car to jack as if it's going to go off on me.

I decided it's probably because my engine power was low so I told my mechanic to beef up the engine power.
Lo and behold, same problem. As soon as I try to move, the rpm goes down.
It runs fine when I'm on a good speed tho but the problem is when I'm in traffic and I have to be slow. Everything shakes and I always end up turning of the AC

Please guys, what could be the problem.
I've met with so many kazeems over this issue and all they tell me is either change plugs or fuel pump.

I've done all that before.

No changes.

I'll really appreciate any solution or advice. Thanks

Also, it's a manual

Picture is my car

nice ride bro
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:10am On Jul 20, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

idle air control valve, look up the position online and see if those kazeems blocked it with something or bypassed it(e no deyhard them)

do the iacv first before throttle body. normally the it's the iacv's function to maintain optimal idle rpm for several driving conditions including AC usage..... check that first.

that beef up they did also must be reversed, I'm guessing they tampered with ur idle speed by Messing with the throttle position sensor.... let them undo what they did

Thanks bro, I think I know what you're talking about. They blocked it with a foam. I guess I'll just remove it myself.

Nigerian drivers need saving from the hands of all this mechanics
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:01am On Jul 20, 2018
Kelvin30286063:
Now I have my own problem. I drive a 2004 accord commonly called EOD but mine is Europe version.

The car is great and never gives me problem but the issue is, each has time I switch my AC on, my rpm goes down and the engine becomes sluggish which makes the car to jack as if it's going to go off on me.

I decided it's probably because my engine power was low so I told my mechanic to beef up the engine power.
It runs fine when I'm on a good speed tho but the problem is when I'm in traffic and I have to be slow. Everything shakes and I always end up turning of the AC

I've met with so many kazeems over this issue and all they tell me is either change plugs or fuel pump.

No changes.

Also, it's a manual

Picture is my car

Open the bonnet, take a picture pls
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kelvin30286063(m): 6:08pm On Jul 20, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Open the bonnet, take a picture pls
Here

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:40pm On Jul 20, 2018
Kelvin30286063:

Here

Clear pic of this please.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebigkendo(m): 7:01pm On Jul 20, 2018
Kelvin30286063:

Thanks bro, I think I know what you're talking about. They blocked it with a foam. I guess I'll just remove it myself.

Nigerian drivers need saving from the hands of all this mechanics

grin grin grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dahmylolah(m): 7:42pm On Jul 20, 2018
Kelvin30286063:

No changes.

Also, it's a manual

Picture is my car

this is the same issue wrong with my honda CRV... the exact same thing ... i also had a kazeem increase my rpm to 1500rpm and no change .... excessive vibrations after i switch on the ac on idle ... smoothes out when i accelerate. been stuck on what to do for agesssss cry cry cry cry
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by texasbullet(m): 12:21pm On Jul 21, 2018
Kazim did not know how to connect these cables for upstream 02 sensor accord 05 pls gurus in the house kindly help

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kelvin30286063(m): 1:41pm On Jul 21, 2018
dahmylolah:

this is the same issue wrong with my honda CRV... the exact same thing ... i also had a kazeem increase my rpm to 1500rpm and no change .... excessive vibrations after i switch on the ac on idle ... smoothes out when i accelerate. been stuck on what to do for agesssss cry cry cry cry
Bros, you're not alone. Let's just pray someone helps us here
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by texasbullet(m): 5:42pm On Jul 21, 2018
texasbullet:
Kazim did not know how to connect these cables for upstream 02 sensor accord 05 pls gurus in the house kindly help

Gazzuz pls help
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:57pm On Jul 21, 2018
texasbullet:

Pics coming up in 5mins.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:06pm On Jul 21, 2018
texasbullet:

This should Guide any smart Technician. The black wired end up in a heating coil, and can go either way.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by texasbullet(m): 9:12pm On Jul 21, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

This should Guide any smart Technician. The black wired end up in a heating coil, and can go either way.

Baba thanks alot
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:26pm On Jul 21, 2018
texasbullet:

Baba thanks alot

Please note, if you do it wrong, you can damage engine ECU and short out certain fuses.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nemesisobaara: 12:04pm On Jul 22, 2018
Help..k light have refused to go off after changing break pad.. The red light is always on display on the dashboard even after releasing the hand break..have tried clearing code,not working
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:12pm On Jul 22, 2018
Nemesisobaara:
Help.. My Honda 2005 handbreak light have refused to go off after changing break pad.. The red light is always on display on the dashboard even after releasing the hand break..have tried clearing code,not working

check fluid level
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jimohibrahim(m): 12:38am On Jul 23, 2018
Okay seems the bosses are available lately..
Plz I'm having problem with a my care jacking whenever I want to rev above 3000 and my mechanic said its the oil sensor or oil filter.. Check image below.. He keeps washing it say dirts keeps getting into it even though I changed the oil filter..

When o park it after an hour or more it's drives normal for few minutes and started again, so I bought a new one when I was about to travel from Abuja to Osogbo but now I'm in Osogbo and it has started again... I seriously don't know what to do. Please help.. Any suggestions.

Thanks

I use 2006 Honda accord

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by oluwaseunla(m): 1:53am On Jul 23, 2018
jimohibrahim:
Plz I'm having problem with a my care jacking whenever I want to rev above 3 and my mechanic said its the oil sensor or oil filter.. Check image below.. He keeps washing it say dirts keeps getting into it even though I changed the oil filter..

When o park it after an hour or more it's drives normal for few minutes and started again, so I bought a new one when I was about to travel from Abuja to Osogbo but now I'm in Osogbo and it has started again... I seriously don't know what to do. Please help.. Any suggestions.

Thanks

I use 2006 Honda accord

Do you mean vehicle jerks when it goes beyond 3,000 rpm, or vehicle does not go beyond 3,000 rpm?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:19am On Jul 23, 2018
jimohibrahim:
Plz I'm having problem with a my care jacking whenever I want to rev above 3 and my mechanic said its the oil sensor or oil filter.. Check image below.. He keeps washing it say dirts keeps getting into it even though I changed the oil filter..

Thanks

I use 2006 Honda accord

You have not given us and diagnostic information. Car is in limp mode. It enters limp mode to reduce damage to drivetrain when a fault Pops up.

More than one part failure can cause limp mode. Even transmission components can cause limp mode.

Scan and stop guessing.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jimohibrahim(m): 8:07am On Jul 23, 2018
oluwaseunla:

Do you mean vehicle jerks when it goes beyond 3,000 rpm, or vehicle does not go beyond 3,000 rpm?
It jerks when it's about to reach 3000rpm..and it's really frustrating
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jimohibrahim(m): 8:08am On Jul 23, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

You have not given us and diagnostic information. Car is in limp mode. It enters limp mode to reduce damage to drivetrain when a fault Pops up.

More than one part failure can cause limp mode. Even transmission components can cause limp mode.

Scan and stop guessing.

Okay sir.. I'll get back to you on that
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nemesisobaara: 2:45am On Jul 24, 2018
Can somebody please tell me the kind of break oil, steering oil and coolant suitable for my Honda 2005...thanks I'm anticipation
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nemesisobaara: 2:47am On Jul 24, 2018
Thanks sir, will do that asap
GAZZUZZ:

check fluid level
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Swiftylistic: 9:20am On Jul 24, 2018
Since Toyota is way too expensive to afford, i'm opting for HONDA CITY 08. Any advice fr me? should i go with the honda. please i need responses as am about to close a deal
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lamidegogo: 9:37am On Jul 24, 2018
Good morning,

Please can someone help with cost of Fan and Fan Belt for Honda Civic 2012 model. My mechanic says Fan is N28k and Fan Belt is N5k.

Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by asumo12: 12:28pm On Jul 24, 2018
Kelvin30286063:

No one checked the throttled body sir. They keep checking plug and fuel pump.
A mechanic even said I need to change my engine. I got really mad cuz this car is only a few months old and the engine is super new.

Problem solved?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by oluwaseunla(m): 8:34am On Jul 25, 2018
Swiftylistic:
Since Toyota is way too expensive to afford, i'm opting for HONDA CITY 08. Any advice fr me? should i go with the honda. please i need responses as am about to close a deal

Ensure a pre purchase inspection is carried out before paying. Much more important if you are buying a Nigerian used vehicle, since most people now have the habit of offloading their car troubles to unsuspecting buyers.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by oluwaseunla(m): 8:46am On Jul 25, 2018
Nemesisobaara:
Can somebody please tell me the kind of break oil, steering oil and coolant suitable for my Honda 2005...thanks I'm anticipation

Brake fluid: Dot 3. Dot 4 is backward compatible too. Images of steering fluid and coolant below.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Swiftylistic: 10:23pm On Jul 26, 2018
oluwaseunla:

Ensure a pre purchase inspection is carried out before paying. Much more important if you are buying a Nigerian used vehicle, since most people now have the habit of offloading their car troubles to unsuspecting buyers.
Thank you Seun
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davodyguy: 10:33pm On Jul 26, 2018
Luvinghubby, Transmission fluid for 2009 CRV.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by oluwaseunla(m): 5:58am On Jul 27, 2018
Swiftylistic:

Thank you Seun

Welcome sir
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by fullman(m): 6:21am On Jul 27, 2018
Please gurus that know about transmission.
My car enter neutral sometimes when I have to slow down. Sometimes it pick up after pressing throttle sometimes I have to restart the car.
Its an MDX.
Scan no codes at all.
What can be the issue and the solution.

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: remi4ever(m), Qtsnow(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.