Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,109 members, 7,818,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (892784 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AutoElectNG: 6:32am On Jul 27, 2018
fullman:
Please gurus that know about transmission.
My car enter neutral sometimes when I have to slow down. Sometimes it pick up after pressing throttle sometimes I have to restart the car.
Its an MDX.
Scan no codes at all.
What can be the issue and the solution.
Model year missing
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by fullman(m): 6:33am On Jul 27, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Model year missing
2001 sir
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by fullman(m): 4:08pm On Jul 27, 2018
fullman:

2001 sir
Still waiting Sir
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by afoxy17: 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2018
I need help, I drive an Honda EOD 2003, yesterday I notice that while driving the car goes on, especially when I slow down. it however starts when I turn it on. please what could be the cause and possible remedy. Also my car Cd is showing error. thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AutoElectNG: 5:30pm On Jul 27, 2018
fullman:

Still waiting Sir
Transmission position sensor?
Internal transmission faults
Low transmission fluid
Faulty torque converter
ECU reprogramming
Dirty transmission fluid

How many miles on the ODOMETER?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by fullman(m): 5:40pm On Jul 27, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Transmission position sensor?
Internal transmission faults
Low transmission fluid
Faulty torque converter
ECU reprogramming
Dirty transmission fluid

How many miles on the ODOMETER?
Pls note that the gear select well. That's just the only problem
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AutoElectNG: 6:06pm On Jul 27, 2018
fullman:

Pls note that the gear select well. That's just the only problem

Known issue

I think they even issued a TSB on it...a few clients and potential clients have called in on the issue

Best solution is to replace the transmission

You could do three ATF changes, by dropping 3 liters, topping with new 3 liters, driving some 20 miles and repeating process thrice

Otherwise live with it until the transmission dies, and get another
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:04pm On Jul 27, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Known issue

I think they even issued a TSB on it...a few clients and potential clients have called in on the issue

You could do three ATF changes, by dropping 3 liters, topping with new 3 liters, driving some 20 miles and repeating process thrice

excellent!

I once went to the market to buy that transmission, the seller showed me 2 units still attached to their engines, one of the transmissions did not look stock, I was inquisitive and told them to detach the transmission from the engine, I noticed on the torque converter, there was a sticker that stated transmission was rebuilt in 2017 cheesy @ over 200,000 miles, I did a quick vin check, and noticed the difference between sale mileage and rebuild mileage was less than 10,000miles. I grabbed it quickly and it's running fine till date. Seems the accord, MDX and other variants of V6 for that same year required a rebuild around the 200,000 mile marker
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AutoElectNG: 8:51pm On Jul 27, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

excellent!

I once went to the market to buy that transmission, the seller showed me 2 units still attached to their engines, one of the transmissions did not look stock, I was inquisitive and told them to detach the transmission from the engine, I noticed on the torque converter, there was a sticker that stated transmission was rebuilt in 2017 cheesy @ over 200,000 miles, I did a quick vin check, and noticed the difference between sale mileage and rebuild mileage was less than 10,000miles. I grabbed it quickly and it's running fine till date. Seems the accord, MDX and other variants of V6 for that same year required a rebuild around the 200,000 mile marker

Nice back story...thanks for validating my position.. When an established authority acknowledges an upcoming authority... It can only mean well for the upcoming authority... Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by fullman(m): 9:22pm On Jul 27, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Known issue

Thanks sir I appreciate
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 3:30am On Jul 28, 2018
my two cents, most of the time better to rebuild the one you have than replace.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Robyn2905: 10:42am On Jul 29, 2018
Pls Honda house...I’m planing to buy CRV 2009 model......what experience do u have about the car and what’s the major problem it has.
Thank u
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by fullman(m): 6:15pm On Jul 29, 2018
radautoworks:
my two cents, most of the time better to rebuild the one you have than replace.
But most people run away from rebuilding.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 7:45pm On Jul 29, 2018
fullman:

because they don't know how. When we rebuild both here and overseas, the warranty is a lot longer than when a replacement is done because it's typically better.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AutoElectNG: 7:39am On Jul 30, 2018
fullman:

The factory TSB recommends rebuilding and updating the ECU logic to prevent the problem

You can either rebuild (that is pay for a rebuild ) or buy a rebuilt one (one someone has already paid for the rebuild)

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by okpeho(m): 3:08pm On Jul 30, 2018
Good afternoon all,

A friend just got an Honda Accord (2009) model, automatic tyranny, he wants to service the car but doesn't know the oil to use. Please what type of oil do you recommend he uses for both the engine and transmission.
Thank you.

Cc:
Luvinhubby
Gazzuzz
Nurey
Timifakay
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:16pm On Jul 30, 2018
okpeho:
Good afternoon all,

A friend just got an Honda Accord (2009) model, automatic tyranny, he wants to service the car but doesn't know the oil to use. Please what type of oil do you recommend he uses for both the engine and transmission.
Thank you.

Cc:
Luvinhubby
Gazzuzz
Nurey
Timifakay

This is what I use on my baby. wink

It costs 4500 per quart.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by okpeho(m): 3:21pm On Jul 30, 2018
@ Gazzuzz, thanks so much, please how many quart will be needed and what about the transmission oil?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:25pm On Jul 30, 2018
okpeho:
@ Gazzuzz, thanks so much, please how many quart will be needed and what about the transmission oil?

you will need 5. transmission oil you will need 4units of DW1.

This is not my thread, please contact Original poster, Luvinhubby for the required parts.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by okpeho(m): 5:39pm On Jul 30, 2018
OK boss, will do that. Thanks a lot
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 11:01pm On Jul 30, 2018
Robyn2905:
Pls Honda house...I’m planing to buy CRV 2009 model......what experience do u have about the car and what’s the major problem it has.
Thank u

If this thread will be too long for you to read, then drive your, report observed issues here and get the requisite advice as you go on.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Robyn2905: 7:24am On Jul 31, 2018
Pls I don’t understand what u mean
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by peaceland(m): 8:08am On Jul 31, 2018
Good morning all,
2009 Honda accord.
Steering shakes when braking at about 80-120km/hour.
New tires, balancing and alignment done twice. Read online about rotors but felt smooth to my hands.
Just want to know where best to go at ikeja axis and likely issues to expect.
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 8:18am On Jul 31, 2018
peaceland:
Good morning all,
2009 Honda accord.
New tires, balancing and alignment done twice. Read online about rotors but felt smooth to my hands.
Thanks

Have your brake rotors checked. Also check your brake pads
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:22am On Jul 31, 2018
peaceland:
Good morning all,
2009 Honda accord.
Thanks

Brake rotors are warped, if within safe limits, resurface, if not replace with Brand new pair.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by peaceland(m): 8:33am On Jul 31, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Brake rotors are warped, if within safe limits, resurface, if not replace with Brand new pair.
Thanks sir,
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by peaceland(m): 8:46am On Jul 31, 2018
Thanks sir
mayor2013:

Have your brake rotors checked. Also check your brake pads
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:56am On Jul 31, 2018
Robyn2905:
Pls I don’t understand what u mean

Just carefully read through this thread, it will give you a thorough understanding of Honda vehicles usage and maintenance, especially within our Nigerian environment.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Elipsis: 10:05am On Jul 31, 2018
I never knew a thread like this existed!

I'm sorry if I'm asking a question that has already been answered previously, but I really need help.

I recently bought a Honda CRV, 2003 model and it's been one headache to another. I've not even been able to enjoy the car.

Recently, the car started having some issues to start. I'll turn the ignition severally and it won't even make a sound, talkess of starting...(you know how a car does when it's on D or R).

The mechanic I consulted checked it and said there's something wrong with the kickstarter. He had to loosen it and he discovered it was a problem with the solenoid or something.

I've changed the solenoid but the problem still persists. I'm at a loss on what to do now. Could it be another thing that's making the car behave like this? The annoying thing is that it doesn't happen every time.

I tried to start it when i called the last electrician and the car started one hand. It was now as if I didn't know what I saying. I also noticed that there's something draining the battery of the car. Could it still be related to the same kick starter problem?

Please tech gurus, help a brother out.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 10:14am On Jul 31, 2018
Elipsis:
I never knew a thread like this existed!

I'm sorry if I'm asking a question that has already been answered previously, but I really need help.

I recently bought a Honda CRV, 2003 model and it's been one headache to another. I've not even been able to enjoy the car.

Recently, the car started having some issues to start. I'll turn the ignition severally and it won't even make a sound, talkess of starting...(you know how a car does when it's on D or R).

The mechanic I consulted checked it and said there's something wrong with the kickstarter. He had to loosen it and he discovered it was a problem with the solenoid or something.

I've changed the solenoid but the problem still persists. I'm at a loss on what to do now. Could it be another thing that's making the car behave like this? The annoying thing is that it doesn't happen every time.

I tried to start it when i called the last electrician and the car started one hand. It was now as if I didn't know what I saying. I also noticed that there's something draining the battery of the car. Could it still be related to the same kick starter problem?

Please tech gurus, help a brother out.

Replace starter motor

Let's know what your battery voltage is at rest and what your output voltage is when car is idling with no loads è.g AC, wipers, full light,radio etc. Also let's know output voltage when the vehicle is idling with all loads on
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Elipsis: 6:43pm On Aug 02, 2018
mayor2013:

Replace starter motor

Let's know what your battery voltage is at rest and what your output voltage is when car is idling with no loads è.g AC, wipers, full light,radio etc. Also let's know output voltage when the vehicle is idling with all loads on
Big bros, please how can I get to find these details out i.e the output voltage etc. I am not really tech savvy.

Someone suggested it might be the battery terminals, so I called an electrician to change them. It's been two days now and the car hasn't done that again, though I'm still observing.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 7:04pm On Aug 02, 2018
Elipsis:

Big bros, please how can I get to find these details out i.e the output voltage etc. I am not really tech savvy.

Someone suggested it might be the battery terminals, so I called an electrician to change them. It's been two days now and the car hasn't done that again, though I'm still observing.

By Using a multimeter

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.