Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,246 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (892757 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 7:48am On Aug 22, 2018
TMANTII:

Thank you mayor2013....
While planning to run the test, I will appreciate other experiences and suggestions....thank you all....

...........but also I forgot to add, while fixing back the batt, I inserted the first terminal, but there was a little/tiny spark while inserting the second one....
So I felt something is running while car is off which I'm yet to discover...or is that a norm.

Location? Carry out those test. A parasitic drain would reveal some much more as to why your battery is drains out .
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 7:53am On Aug 22, 2018
iameze:
Please help,
I took my 07 Acura MDX to a "fake expert " because I had the engine oil light on dashboard of which the oil is OK at top level. On the other hand he called my attention to a sound from the engine saying the "its teething"(whatever that means). So from what I heard they doubled something that was flat(gasket maybe). After I insisted he uses the SUV for a day/2 to confirm job.Only for him to say my SUV trips off on motion.The car ended up for months at the rewires place who said the alternator was bad(although I had batt running down prior). So I changed it(3rd alternator eventually worked),I took it for a drive on very short distance and then tried a longer distance same day in a short time(with the rewires boy).Only for the engine to go off on motion just abt getting back to the shop. Tried to crank it,and got a weak turning and wouldn't start. Was later confirmed timing belt cut off.What are my chances?cos ve got both the army and Navy standing by for brutal engagement (Since dem like the Kazeem name ppl give them,we make it permanent for them).In BTW my Acura interior is in a mess,u need to see the rug and leather so dirty I ll need to soak the SUV. They say I don't need to change engine that def some bent valve and timing ll do.Best advice pls house

Wrong timing set at first. Piston and valves may have clashed very possible while in motion or excessive crank while timing is off. A replacement engine might be unavoidable here
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by TMANTII: 7:59am On Aug 22, 2018
mayor2013:

Location? Carry out those test. A parasitic drain would reveal some much more as to why your battery is drains out .

Lagos. Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 22, 2018
mayor2013:

Wrong timing set at first. Piston and valves may have clashed very possible while in motion or excessive crank while timing is off. A replacement engine might be unavoidable here

So dey adjusted the timing after working on gasket I think,right?And what if they opened and discovered some bent valve and replace with timing.Can I get my engine back to shape. Also I ll like to know the approximate cost of a 2007 Acura MDX tech engine?or am I better of buying top cylinder? Thanks

CC: GAZZUZ
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dbelovd(m): 9:01am On Aug 22, 2018
dbelovd:
Good work you are doing here.

Pls what is the price of power steering pump of Honda accord (bullet). Thanks

Cc: Luvinhubby

Oga Luvinhubby, I still dey wait for the price o..
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:09am On Aug 22, 2018
dbelovd:

Oga Luvinhubby, I still dey wait for the price o..

₦12,000
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:15am On Aug 22, 2018
davodyguy:

Holy spirit.

I'll take care of my cars very well. God forbid me spend school fees on car.

Chief Honda CRV 2009 Catalytic converter is how much?

Tokunbo and New

08029255299 - SMS
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:21am On Aug 22, 2018
iameze:
Please help,
I took my 07 Acura MDX to a "fake expert " because I had the engine oil light on dashboard of which the oil is OK at top level. On the other hand he called my attention to a sound from the engine saying the "its teething"(whatever that means). So from what I heard they doubled something that was flat(gasket maybe). After I insisted he uses the SUV for a day/2 to confirm job.Only for him to say my SUV trips off on motion.The car ended up for months at the rewires place who said the alternator was bad(although I had batt running down prior). So I changed it(3rd alternator eventually worked),I took it for a drive on very short distance and then tried a longer distance same day in a short time(with the rewires boy).Only for the engine to go off on motion just abt getting back to the shop. Tried to crank it,and got a weak turning and wouldn't start. Was later confirmed timing belt cut off.What are my chances?cos ve got both the army and Navy standing by for brutal engagement (Since dem like the Kazeem name ppl give them,we make it permanent for them).In BTW my Acura interior is in a mess,u need to see the rug and leather so dirty I ll need to soak the SUV. They say I don't need to change engine that def some bent valve and timing ll do.Best advice pls house

Just save yourself the money you will spend on drinks for those military men, add money to it and buy yourself another engine.

That is the only long term solution to it.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dbelovd(m): 11:30am On Aug 22, 2018
luvinhubby:

₦12,000

Bro, is the price tokunbo or new?

Also what is your WhatsApp number?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 11:31am On Aug 22, 2018
dbelovd:

Bro, is the price tokunbo or new?

Also what is your WhatsApp number?

08099451504 - Whatsapp
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 4:45pm On Aug 22, 2018
iameze:

So dey adjusted the timing after working on gasket I think,right?And what if they opened and discovered some bent valve and replace with timing.Can I get my engine back to shape. Also I ll like to know the approximate cost of a 2007 Acura MDX tech engine?or am I better of buying top cylinder? Thanks

Not that way somethings have to come first befotr the other. No way you are gonna do a head gasket job without resetting the timing. Getting your engine back to shape is a question I cant give an answer to since am not physically pressed, most dependable on extent of destruction.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 5:03pm On Aug 22, 2018
luvinhubby:

₦12,000

I'm going to assume this is a pulled, used part right?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 5:06pm On Aug 22, 2018
iameze:

May be rebuilt but have to see to verify. Unfortunately, will be a month before we can deal with it.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by MrBuzy: 12:16am On Aug 23, 2018
Good Day Luvinghubby. Please can I get any of these Transmission Oil Cooler for Honda Odyssey and how much is the price.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nemadfsyahooc: 11:35am On Aug 23, 2018
Hello Honda experts. Iam still on my 05 crv delay gear engagement and jerks when changing from gear one to two. I have cleaned the gear switches both second and third gear and tested OK by the mechanic. I have also changed the oil to dw1 still no result. Pls what else can I do pop. I Don tire oooo. Pls help ur brother.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Piyke: 1:42pm On Aug 23, 2018
nemadfsyahooc:
Hello Honda experts. Iam still on my 05 crv delay gear engagement and jerks when changing from gear one to two. I have cleaned the gear switches both second and third gear and tested OK by the mechanic. I have also changed the oil to dw1 still no result. Pls what else can I do pop. I Don tire oooo. Pls help ur brother.

Does this happen everytime? From your post, it seems you've been using ATF other than DW-1
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tolajay: 6:16pm On Aug 23, 2018
I greet you our elders.

I’m thinking of buying a CR-V vehicle between the 2002 and 2007 models.

For those with prior experiences, please what are pros and cons of this specs?

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:43pm On Aug 23, 2018
tolajay:
I greet you our elders.

I’m thinking of buying a CR-V vehicle between the 2002 and 2007 models.

For those with prior experiences, please what are pros and cons of this specs?

Thanks

2007 model.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nemadfsyahooc: 10:01pm On Aug 23, 2018
Piyke:

Does this happen everytime? From your post, it seems you've been using ATF other than DW-1

Yes was using holt before and working fine. No issues until recently that it starts to delay before it shift from one to two dear. From two to three to four and five shifts smoothly and runs fine. Just the delay shift and jerks from one to two that is the issue. Have even changed the gear switches today yet same issue.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by gudnews212: 6:37am On Aug 24, 2018
Hello Auto gurus, please i will need ur assistance to analysis this report on my honda crv 1999 model which i bought last week.The car is nigeria used. Thank for ur prompt response. Though I have made up my mind to buy a new engine. i will need a reliable person in d house in helping me to buy a good one.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 8:33am On Aug 24, 2018
gudnews212:
Hello Auto gurus, please i will need ur assistance to analysis this report on my honda crv 1999 model which i bought last week.The car is nigeria used. Thank for ur prompt response. Though I have made up my mind to buy a new engine. i will need a reliable person in d house in helping me to buy a good one.

WHY, WHY, WHY DO PEOPLE BUY A NEW CAR WITH THE INTENTION OF BUYING A NEW ENGINE?? I'm really trying to understand why people do this.. you're starting out the gate with expenses and problems you are not sure will be cheaply solved. Please help me understand... embarassed

Also, you need a lot more than an engine according to what I'm reading. Everything is wrong with the car. Looks like your transmission is also going out, you need AC AND suspension work. NONE of these are cheap and may cost as much as you paid for the car. I imagine the only reason you bought the car was it was really cheap? Please say that's the case.

Best case scenario, the parts don't need replacement but will need a lot of labor. Do NOT take it to a kazeem.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:37am On Aug 24, 2018
radautoworks:

WHY, WHY, WHY DO PEOPLE BUY A NEW CAR WITH THE INTENTION OF BUYING A NEW ENGINE?? I'm really trying to understand why people do this.. you're starting out the gate with expenses and problems you are not sure will be cheaply solved. Please help me understand... embarassed

Also, you need a lot more than an engine according to what I'm reading. Looks like your transmission is also going out.

Nah budget.

First I go buy the 4legs (put my village people to shame)

then I go de repair am small small wink (monthly contribution to the rebuild)

That's how we roll in naija
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 8:39am On Aug 24, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Nah budget.

First I go buy the 4legs (put my village people to shame)

then I go de repair am small small wink (monthly contribution to the rebuild)

That's how we roll in naija

Penny wise, pound foolish. You yourself look at all the issues. How much e go take fix am? Even with Tokunbo. At least seller was honest.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:46am On Aug 24, 2018
radautoworks:

Penny wise, pound foolish. You yourself look at all the issues. How much e go take fix am? Even with Tokunbo. At least seller was honest.

if I no buy am now, the money fit enter another place, you know say money nah spirit grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 24, 2018
radautoworks:

Also, you need a lot more than an engine according to what I'm reading. Everything is wrong with the car. Looks like your transmission is also going out, you need AC AND suspension work. NONE of these are cheap and may cost as much as you paid for the car. I imagine the only reason you bought the car was it was really cheap? Please say that's the case.

Best case scenario, the parts don't need replacement but will need a lot of labor. Do NOT take it to a kazeem.

No alternative options for financing.

Basically like housing loans and mortgages. You pay a lot more over time than if you do a one time payment. Because you do not have the resources for a one off payment

We have to make these decisions all the time. Eg a genuine Honda generator will can run for 5 to 10 years or more, but few have 800,000 to 1,000,000 to put down. So you buy a Chinko elepaq or elemax or thermocool for 150k, knowing it will last 2 years max.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Piyke: 12:02pm On Aug 24, 2018
nemadfsyahooc:

Yes was using holt before and working fine. No issues until recently that it starts to delay before it shift from one to two dear. From two to three to four and five shifts smoothly and runs fine. Just the delay shift and jerks from one to two that is the issue. Have even changed the gear switches today yet same issue.

Quite unfortunate to have used the holt on a Honda transmission. Honda automatic transmissions strictly call for dw-1 to prevent damage to the transmission. Risk of damage will depend on how long the wrong fluid was used. If a temporal substitution a x3 drain and fill will be recommended. But at this point you should start by changing your technician. You need a professional Tyranny Tech (not self-acclaimed wizards) for an on-the-ground assessment.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tolajay: 3:42pm On Aug 24, 2018
Thanks.

Have you used it before? What are pluses and downsides - maintenance and durability?

How much did you buy and what’s the current market value?

luvinhubby:

2007 model.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by MrBuzy: 4:28pm On Aug 24, 2018
Luvinghubby please what is the price of this themostart and gasket for Honda Odyssey 2002

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 4:54pm On Aug 24, 2018
oyb:

No alternative options for financing.

Basically like housing loans and mortgages. You pay a lot more over time than if you do a one time payment. Because you do not have the resources for a one off payment

We have to make these decisions all the time. Eg a genuine Honda generator will can run for 5 to 10 years or more, but few have 800,000 to 1,000,000 to put down. So you buy a Chinko elepaq or elemax or thermocool for 150k, knowing it will last 2 years max.

But if you JUST bought it and have the money for an engine, why not just buy a better car?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 24, 2018
radautoworks:

But if you JUST bought it and have the money for an engine, why not just buy a better car?

Expected /projected Cashflow

Simple example - I'm a geek and would love to buy a beast laptop straight up.

Cash flow means I can't afford to do this. So I may have to buy base model now and upgrade ram, hdd etal as more money comes in.

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 5:07pm On Aug 24, 2018
oyb:

Expected /projected Cashflow

Simple example - I'm a geek and would love to buy a beast laptop straight up.

Cash flow means I can't afford to do this. So I may have to buy base model now and upgrade ram, hdd etal as more money comes in.

Yes, but in this case your base model is usable. This makes no sense! He is buying a whole new car with this repair! Even the money he has for the engine would have bought a car in way better shape. Do you see that repair list?!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by victorD3: 7:41pm On Aug 24, 2018
My brothers. Please i have a serious problem with my honda accord 2008 model 4 cylinder. I changed my shaft, camber bushings etc. Since then my percenger side shaft have been popping out from the cup.
I bought over 3 shafts of thesame size and make but it still pulls. I changed all the engine and geer box seating and mount still no way. A friend asked me to cut and extend the shaft whichbi did and it vibrates the car.

Please my people help me what could be wrong with the right leg of my car?

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: remi4ever(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.