Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,819,000 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (893240 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 21, 2018
Kinghenreey:
Pls house help..

I just noticed the engine oil for my Accord 2010 has almost dried up... . I just bought it 3mnths ago and I only u it once in a while... Pls what could cause the engine oil to dry as there was no sign of any leakages

To confirm Oil leaks check under your car when you park for a long time. It can also be bad piston and rings. Get a good mechanic to help u out.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 21, 2018
Evans211:
Hello everyone,

I use a Honda 2006 model. I’ve been having this constant issues with car overheating when I switch on the AC. However, it is every important to note that I’ve done everything possible to to rectify this anomaly. Basically, all necessary cooling stuffs are working. The fan is working perfect (2 fans), I’ve had the radiator washed out (which is a double cell radiator).. But the car overheats while the Ac is On still. It sometimes goes off while in motion.. I’ve to switch off the AC and after a minute or two, car picks off.

Highlight

1) Car overheating inspites having the fan working perfect, double cell radiator watched out recently, and as well as radiator coolant. It’s important to note that the fan Belt is working perfect.

2) When the AC is on, if the car doesn’t overheat in motion, it sometimes goes off abruptly. Until I switch off the AC and wait for few minutes before it picks up.

I’ve spent lot of money on trial and error mechanics but not sure what the exact cause might be. I’m considering changing the Fuel pump but I don’t wanna waste money since the exact cause isn’t identified yet.

Kindly help cause the weather is hot and need 24/7 AC while driving. Thanks in advance...

I had this issue with my old Honda bull dog. The problem was the relay switch or whatever they call it -attached to the compressor. The one they installed in it was of lower capacity. The rewire upgraded it to the OEM spec and the problem disappeared and 3 years I used the car without this overheating problem before selling the car. A rewire will likely solve this problem for u.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 21, 2018
mosesmora:

I had this issue with my old Honda bull dog. The problem was the relay switch or whatever they call it -attached to the compressor. The one they installed in it was of lower capacity. The rewire upgraded it to the OEM spec and the problem disappeared and 3 years I used the car without this overheating problem before selling the car. A rewire will likely solve this problem for u.

This is really informative.. thanks so much bro

Will have my rewire check it out.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 12:41am On Dec 22, 2018
biggysmall44:
Good Evening, pls I bought a Nigerian used 02 accord(adidas). What advice would you give abt preventive maintenance on this car.
Thank you

. . . Listen and Learn, not to the thread but to your vehicle. As for this thread, read and learn wink
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ceeerock(m): 11:24am On Dec 22, 2018
Good morning house. Please I scanned my Honda Accord Evilspirit 2008, it showed a fault p2185 (engine coolant temperature sensor 2, circuit high input). Please help!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by alushkimo(m): 5:01pm On Dec 25, 2018
Hello House, my 07 accord ac does not respond when I press the AC button and my techie says I ll have to change whole panel housing both AC and car radio. Pls any idea on how to go about this
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Vbabs(m): 8:21pm On Dec 26, 2018
I drive a Honda Accord 05.

1. When I start in the morning the engine idles at 0.5RPM, as such drags and vibration are felt. But when warm it goes up to 0.8RPM.

The usual behavior I expect is to have about 1.2RPM when cold and it lowers to 0.8 when warmed up.

2. When warmed up and I shift gear to drive, the RPM drops from 0.8 to 0.5.

Kindly advice.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rikkirose: 9:36pm On Dec 26, 2018
Hi guys, have a question, do any of you have a Honda Amaze? I very interested in this machine and would like to hear the opinions of owners.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Vbabs(m): 12:45pm On Dec 28, 2018
Gazzuz, luvinhubby carguru ...please nahhhh

Vbabs:

1. When I start in the morning the engine idles at 0.5RPM, as such drags and vibration are felt. But when warm it goes up to 0.8RPM.

The usual behavior I expect is to have about 1.2RPM when cold and it lowers to 0.8 when warmed up.

Kindly advice.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:47pm On Dec 28, 2018
Vbabs:

Kindly advice.

IACV requires servicing
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by xpizzy(m): 10:14am On Dec 29, 2018
Good Morning everyone, i drove my EOD 2003 to a friends place on the island last night and half an hour later the car wont start, the engine is not cranking , i just get a click and all the dash lights go off when i try to crank.

No prior signs of a kick starter problem and battery seems to be in good condition.

Please advice as car is not in a terrain that i have trusted auto mechanics.

Thanks for your ancipated contribution
CC Gazzuzz, luvinghubby, carguru
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 10:18am On Dec 29, 2018
Starter motor might just be faulty
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by xpizzy(m): 10:39am On Dec 29, 2018
mayor2013:
Starter motor might just be faulty

Thanks for your response, is this an expensive fix plus does it give signs before developing a fault ?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by oluwaseunla(m): 10:56am On Dec 29, 2018
xpizzy:
Good Morning everyone, i drove my EOD 2003 to a friends place on the island last night and half an hour later the car wont start, the engine is not cranking , i just get a click and all the dash lights go off when i try to crank.

No prior signs of a kick starter problem and battery seems to be in good condition.

Please advice as car is not in a terrain that i have trusted auto mechanics.

Thanks for your ancipated contribution
CC Gazzuzz, luvinghubby, carguru

Start from the simplest things. Put in another battery and try again. Starter motor is same as kick starter.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 11:17am On Dec 29, 2018
xpizzy:

Thanks for your response, is this an expensive fix plus does it give signs before developing a fault ?

In some cases it does while at most times it doesn't. Budget 15k and above for a good toks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by captainking(m): 8:17pm On Dec 29, 2018
Vbabs:

Kindly advice.

Is your iacv blocked..? Mechanics do that to cars.. It's in the throttle body of your car.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by captainking(m): 8:18pm On Dec 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

IACV requires servicing
Gazzuzz.. Can they iacv be changed without changing the entire throttle body??
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:25pm On Dec 29, 2018
captainking:

Gazzuzz.. Can they iacv be changed without changing the entire throttle body??

If you can find it yes.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by captainking(m): 8:26pm On Dec 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

If you can find it yes.
allright..thanks a lot boss..
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Vbabs(m): 9:45pm On Dec 29, 2018
Idle Air control Valve...right?

How do I confirm its blocked or not ?

captainking:

Is your iacv blocked..? Mechanics do that to cars.. It's in the throttle body of your car.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ezebrightike: 1:09am On Dec 30, 2018
My Honda 2004 EOD started something strange a day before yesterday. if I start it in the morning and shift the gear to D it will enter drive well and also move fine but after driving it for like an hour the green light on the gear which is on the dashboard starts blinking and when ever it starts car won't move faster again. thought my gear oil was low but after refilling car still does the same thing the next day
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by captainking(m): 8:53am On Dec 30, 2018
Vbabs:
Idle Air control Valve...right?

How do I confirm its blocked or not ?

Yup...yiu got it right... Well.. When servicing or cleaning the throttle body.. You would see a hole close to the entrance...most mechanics block it with foam or something else.. Check yours..
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Vbabs(m): 7:49am On Dec 31, 2018
...so I checked the throttle body into the IACV, there was no blockage. I cleaned the throttle body with a dry cloth. got some black sooth. After Cleaning, and 1st morning engine start, RPM needle was on 0.8 when fully warmed up, went slightly above 1.

Thats still not the behavior i expect.

captainking:

Yup...yiu got it right... Well.. When servicing or cleaning the throttle body.. You would see a hole close to the entrance...most mechanics block it with foam or something else.. Check yours..
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by captainking(m): 7:55am On Dec 31, 2018
Vbabs:
...so I checked the throttle body into the IACV, there was no blockage. I cleaned the throttle body with a dry cloth. got some black sooth. After Cleaning, and 1st morning engine start, RPM needle was on 0.8 when fully warmed up, went slightly above 1.

its a bit high though, i though the expected behaviour is for it to be at 1k or slightly above when engine starts then probably at 0.8 when engine is fully warmed up..i guess you need to do the rpm relearn or so,,,,other gurus here can help..gazzuzz, honmusa, mayor2013...nurey..thebigkendo...obiekediamondfuto,,,come to his aid oo
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:58am On Dec 31, 2018
Vbabs:
...so I checked the throttle body into the IACV, there was no blockage I cleaned the throttle body with a dry cloth . got some black sooth. After Cleaning, and 1st morning engine start, RPM needle was on 0.8 when fully warmed up, went slightly above 1.

Not how to clean a throttle body.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Vbabs(m): 8:40am On Dec 31, 2018
Boss... cryI submit myself to learn the right way.

Kindly advise sir.

GAZZUZZ:

Not how to clean a throttle body.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:46am On Dec 31, 2018
Vbabs:

Kindly advice.

confirm if throttle cable.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Vbabs(m): 8:54am On Dec 31, 2018
If throttle cable what sir...?

GAZZUZZ:

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nurey(m): 9:36am On Dec 31, 2018
Vbabs:

I was also about to say the throttle body isn't clean to make up for the deficiency reason why the rpm is low on startup and goes up on warming.

you need carburetor cleaner for that and a used tooth brush then open your air filter and change the filter or clean it if it's the cleanable type. This procedure requires removal of the throttle cable which the mechanic will need to reset after the work is done to avoid very high rpm.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:45am On Dec 31, 2018
Vbabs:

GAZZUZZ:

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:48am On Dec 31, 2018
nurey:

I was also about to say the throttle body isn't clean to make up for the deficiency reason why the rpm is low on startup and goes up on warming.

you need carburetor cleaner for that and a used tooth brush then open your air filter and change the filter or clean it if it's the cleanable type. This procedure requires removal of the throttle cable which the mechanic will need to reset after the work is done to avoid very high rpm.

If throttle cable will be a futile procedure.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Vbabs(m): 11:29am On Dec 31, 2018
Oga Gazzuzz...so whats the way?

IAVC has been checked, no blockage, Throttle body has been cleaned (somehow). Result still not achieved.

RPM still drops when gear is engaged, idle learn procedure not as it should be.

GAZZUZZ:

If throttle cable will be a futile procedure.

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.