Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,349 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (892808 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 1:11pm On Dec 22, 2019
dcole73:

2005 Accord 4-cyl

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dcole73: 1:45pm On Dec 22, 2019
Ochima75:

U don change ur throttle body be4??

No.
But from all info here, i may need to soon.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by holax4real(m): 3:45pm On Dec 22, 2019
Ochima75:

I don't have any contact 4 d sensor,i jst parked in 1 of d parking spaces and went into d market nd got it myself . But i have a mechanic's contact dt changed it 4me thr name : Rahmon Number: 08086826788

Thanks bro. Pls I was told the o2 sensor has part no, how do u get the part number for ur car o2 sensor b4 purchase? And any improvement on d fuel economy after replacement of d sensor
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jgbemson1: 8:30pm On Dec 22, 2019
Can u refer me to the person that help u change urs
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 5:00am On Dec 23, 2019
holax4real:

Thanks bro. Pls I was told the o2 sensor has part no, how do u get the part number for ur car o2 sensor b4 purchase? And any improvement on d fuel economy after replacement of d sensor

Year and model of your car?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by holax4real(m): 7:33am On Dec 23, 2019
radautoworks:

Year and model of your car?

2004 accord ex, 4plug
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dcole73: 8:11am On Dec 23, 2019
[quote author=radautoworks post=85126943][/quote]

radautoworks
Thanks a bunch Baba, Iron Lady.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dcole73: 8:20am On Dec 23, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

yes

Thanks boss.
Please can I bring to your workshop for inspection?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 8:43am On Dec 23, 2019
dcole73:

radautoworks
Thanks a bunch Baba

Yw
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Mrford(m): 5:32pm On Dec 23, 2019
dcole73:

radautoworks Thanks a bunch Baba Ma/Madam/Iron lady

Fixed

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jossytech(m): 5:14am On Dec 24, 2019
2007 Honda accord vibrate on D but reverse is stable, pls suggests solution, I've check engine seat its all fine yet vibrate on D and worst when ac is on

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:13am On Dec 24, 2019
jossytech:
2007 Honda accord vibrate on D but reverse is stable, pls suggests solution, I've check engine seat its all fine yet vibrate on D and worst when ac is on

Nozzles, plugs, throttle body and plug coils.

Clean some, replace some.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dcole73: 10:52am On Dec 24, 2019
Mrford:

Fixed

Oh OK.
My bad.

Noted. Done.

@radautoworks,
My apologies.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by alushkimo(m): 11:51pm On Dec 25, 2019
Hello house, pls I need help with my 07 accord. I switched from 20w50 (used by previous owner) to 5w30 and noticed significant oil consumption. How can I remedy this?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nurey(m): 6:31am On Dec 26, 2019
alushkimo:
Hello house, pls I need help with my 07 accord. I switched from 20w50 (used by previous owner) to 5w30 and noticed significant oil consumption. How can I remedy this?

switch back to 20w50 immediately to avoid total Engine failure.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tolajay: 7:36am On Dec 26, 2019
I want to get an 07/08 Honda CRV for Lagos use.

Is it advisable to get a Nigerian used?

What are the common issues with the ride?

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by MrBuzy: 9:03am On Dec 26, 2019
Good day. I have a 2002 Honda odyssey which I just changed it's gear box some months ago. Two week ago the gear started acting up. If you are driving the car, at any point maybe gear one or two or third gear the car engine will vap up because the gear could not select. What I don't really understand is that it may happen in gear 2 now and the next time gear 3 or 4. Please what do I do? Is their any hope on that gear? Is any particular thing causing this problem?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nurey(m): 11:40am On Dec 26, 2019
MrBuzy:
Good day. I have a 2002 Honda odyssey which I just changed it's gear box some months ago. Two week ago the gear started acting up. If you are driving the car, at any point maybe gear one or two or third gear the car engine will vap up because the gear could not select. What I don't really understand is that it may happen in gear 2 now and the next time gear 3 or 4. Please what do I do? Is their any hope on that gear? Is any particular thing causing this problem?

The international Odyssey for American market with 4spd Auto has a faulty gear that is bound to fail. The year in view is between 99 to 03 model year
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by boskall: 9:09pm On Dec 27, 2019
What could be responsible for noise coming from the side of tyres of Honda Pilot while driving. What causes the check engine to be on. Why is the symbol of a spammer o the dashboard. Why should the AC make noise while it’s increased to the highest
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 8:40am On Dec 28, 2019
boskall:
What could be responsible for noise coming from the side of tyres of Honda Pilot while driving. What causes the check engine to be on. Why is the symbol of a spammer o the dashboard. Why should the AC make noise while it’s increased to the highest

Please go get your car scanned asap and post results
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by localfrank: 9:04am On Dec 28, 2019
radautoworks:

Please go get your car scanned asap and post results

Internet m3chanic. you dont know why his tire is making noise you dont know why his AC is making noise you don't know why he has a spanner symbol but you know what do do with the check engine. he should scan so you can Google the code

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Mrford(m): 9:32am On Dec 28, 2019
localfrank:

Internet m3chanic. you dont know why his tire is making noise you dont know why his AC is making noise you don't know why he has a spanner symbol but you know what do do with the check engine. he should scan so you can Google the code

Too much weed is not Good. I have someone who owns a rehab centre.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 2:38pm On Dec 28, 2019
localfrank:

You're 100% right. Someone will soon give you a prize for your profound wisdom and exposing me for the sham I am. KUDOS!

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by donuba61: 11:00am On Dec 29, 2019
I have a honda civic, the car stop anytime am on hold up or slow down, my mechanic check and find out that the EGR valve is always open and he suggest that we should shut the egr valve permanently. Pls am asking it is a good idea n what will be the effect on the engine?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Mrford(m): 11:35am On Dec 29, 2019
donuba61:
I have a honda civic, the car stop anytime am on hold up or slow down, my mechanic check and find out that the EGR valve is always open and he suggest that we should shut the egr valve permanently. Pls am asking it is a good idea n what will be the effect on the engine?

Replace your EGR valve.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by greatdave(m): 3:39pm On Dec 29, 2019
Hello Car (Honda) Gurus, I need your help.
I have a 2008 Honda Accord that keeps overheating(temperature guage rises past the middle) when the AC is on, especially during the heat of the day. Once the AC is turned off, guage returns to normal. Radiator has been flushed but problem persists. Any help here? Thanks!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nurey(m): 4:45pm On Dec 29, 2019
greatdave:
I have a 2008 Honda Accord that keeps overheating(temperature guage rises past the middle) when the AC is on, especially during the heat of the day. Once the AC is turned off, guage returns to normal. Radiator has been flushed but problem persists. Any help here? Thanks!

if you have check engine light on, scan the vehicle if you get ECT sensor code then that is where your issues lie.

Also after flogging the car for the day and you park, switch on the AC and leave the bonnet open, when the temperature has started rising above the middle mark, go to the bonnet and study the fans, both should be rolling when AC is on, take a nylon and put infront of the radiator, it should be magnetized, if the nylon is blown away, then the fan is rolling in wrong direction.

A clogged radiator should have Engine overheating whether AC is on or not. You can also do the thermostat test, it could be faulty by having partial opening when Engine is hot.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebigkendo(m): 6:51pm On Dec 29, 2019
greatdave:

Clogged condenser & radiator fins
I experienced similar symptoms with my 07 accord..
Normal car wash pressure hose did not solve the issue.. Condenser & radiator had to be taken out & the fins cleaned thoroughly..
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebigkendo(m): 6:56pm On Dec 29, 2019
nurey:

if you have check engine light on, scan the vehicle if you get ECT sensor code then that is where your issues lie.

Also after flogging the car for the day and you park, switch on the AC and leave the bonnet open, when the temperature has started rising above the middle mark, go to the bonnet and study the fans, both should be rolling when AC is on, take a nylon and put infront of the radiator, it should be magnetized, if the nylon is blown away, then the fan is rolling in wrong direction.

A clogged radiator should have Engine overheating whether AC is on or not. You can also do the thermostat test, it could be faulty by having partial opening when Engine is hot.

grin grin grin
E go shock you.. Mine both fans were blowing full speed.. Yet temperature was still rising grin grin grin grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by greatdave(m): 10:12pm On Dec 29, 2019
thebigkendo:

Clogged condenser & radiator fins
I experienced similar symptoms with my 07 accord..
Normal car wash pressure hose did not solve the issue.. Condenser & radiator had to be taken out & the fins cleaned thoroughly..

Thanks a lot...The radiator was removed and thoroughly flushed. Guess same will be done with the condenser.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by greatdave(m): 10:14pm On Dec 29, 2019
nurey:

Thanks bro. No check engine light at the moment. But fans come on the instant the AC is switched on. Guess I'll do the thermostat test.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebigkendo(m): 10:22pm On Dec 29, 2019
greatdave:

Thanks a lot...The radiator was removed and thoroughly flushed. Guess same will be done with the condenser.

Flush?.. Asin internal cleaning?.. I am talking about external cleaning

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.