Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,555 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (892415 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dicksonadams(m): 10:43am On Jan 20, 2020
theoilguy:
Mobil Extended Performance and Castrol Extended performance in all variants available in large quantities.

Get the right Motor oil for your car.

Price range?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by theoilguy: 11:45am On Jan 20, 2020
dicksonadams:

Price range?

17,000 naira sir..
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dapsoneh: 2:01pm On Jan 20, 2020
seanfer:

First start by Checking if the Cabin Air Filter is still Good....
OK, i will check
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by maxChibuzOr(m): 6:08pm On Jan 20, 2020
Abeg leave that okponu
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by laluski(m): 10:33pm On Jan 20, 2020
Hello
Am about upgrading to a 2007 Honda Pilot since the reviews I read online about it is fair.
Please is it a good suv in all aspects and what should I look out for in my search. Can I also look between 2005-2006.i will really appreciate your various advice.Tnx
Cc: Gazzuzz
Radautuoworks
Kingreign
Bigkendo
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:17pm On Jan 20, 2020
laluski:
Hello
Am about upgrading to a 2007 Honda Pilot since the reviews I read online about it is fair.
Please is it a good suv in all aspects and what should I look out for in my search. Can I also look between 2005-2006.i will really appreciate your various advice.Tnx
Radautuoworks
Kingreign
Bigkendo

fragile and sensitive.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dgitrader(m): 7:04am On Jan 21, 2020
Greetings to all the wonderful contributors here
Please your help is seriously and urgently needed.
I just confirmed my catalysts converter was stolen. It's a 2004 accord i4 ex.
Two weeks ago I was having terrible hard-starting, my electrician fixed the fuel pump and discovered the fuel tank is filled with lots of water and mudlike substance. He recommended a nearby mechanic I never used before to remove and wash the tank which was done.
For the next two weeks I had terrible fuel consumption. Trips of 3 fuel weekly became over 8k. And a terrible shattering sound was steadyly increase by days. I thought it will clear but became worse. I google it yesterday and confirm it's a stolen catalysts symptom. I confronted him, and after several attempts to derail and denial, he became remorseful and pleaded that I bring back the car first thing in the morning that he will "correct the wrong''. He never categorically admited he stole it. But his colleagues are witnesses and begged in his behalf not to have him arrested or escalate the matter.
I need professional advice, what is the best measure I should employ to have my car back in shape without suspected deceptive and temporary fix

Radautuoworks
Kingreign
Bigkendo
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:13am On Jan 21, 2020
dgitrader:
Two weeks ago I was having terrible hard-starting, my electrician fixed the fuel pump and discovered the fuel tank is filled with lots of water and mudlike substance. He recommended a nearby mechanic I never used before to remove and wash the tank which was done.
For the next two weeks I had terrible fuel consumption. Trips of 3 fuel weekly became over 8k. And a terrible shattering sound was steadyly increase by days. I thought it will clear but became worse. I google it yesterday and confirm it's a stolen catalysts symptom. I confronted him, and after several attempts to derail and denial, he became remorseful and pleaded that I bring back the car first thing in the morning that he will "correct the wrong''. He never categorically admited he stole it. But his colleagues are witnesses and begged in his behalf not to have him arrested or escalate the matter.
I need professional advice, what is the best measure I should employ to have my car back in shape without suspected deceptive and temporary fix

Radautuoworks
Kingreign
Bigkendo

Replace the unit your self.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nurey(m): 7:18am On Jan 21, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dgitrader(m): 8:18am On Jan 21, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebigkendo(m): 8:19am On Jan 21, 2020
dgitrader:

Radautuoworks
Kingreign
Bigkendo

For that accord, a missing cat converter will not cause an increased fuel consumption, except catalyst was removed & replaced with foreign object..
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 8:53am On Jan 21, 2020
thebigkendo:

For that accord, a missing cat converter will not cause an increased fuel consumption, except catalyst was removed & replaced with foreign object..
undecided again kendo?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebigkendo(m): 9:14am On Jan 21, 2020
radautoworks:

undecided again kendo?

Yep.. Speaking from experience
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dgitrader(m): 10:09am On Jan 21, 2020
[quote author=thebigkendo post=85977161]

For that accord, a missing cat converter will not cause an increased fuel consumption, except catalyst was removed & replaced with foreign object..[/quote]

It was indeed.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by cumlord(m): 11:15am On Jan 21, 2020
Good day everyone. Please I recently bought a Honda accord 95. I want to change the ATF fluid but don't know which to use. The former owner and mechanic advised that I can use abro Dextron ATF but I'm a bit scared. Please would appreciate your help
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebigkendo(m): 12:17pm On Jan 21, 2020
cumlord:
Good day everyone. Please I recently bought a Honda accord 95. I want to change the ATF fluid but don't know which to use. The former owner and mechanic advised that I can use abro Dextron ATF but I'm a bit scared. Please would appreciate your help

If you are unsure and no issue with your transmission, ATF inside is not burnt... Leave it alone!!!!!!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dgitrader(m): 1:30pm On Jan 21, 2020
I wonder why there isn't another angle to this, I was told to leave my EOD transmission fluid alone for 6+ years until it failed!
thebigkendo:

If you are unsure and no issue with your transmission, ATF inside is not burnt... Leave it alone!!!!!!

Can't there be a gradual(every 4weeks city drive) draining off and filling simultaneously of the fluid? i.e take off ½liter unknown fluid, fill back ½liter recommended fluid every month till circle completes. Just thinking!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 5:23pm On Jan 21, 2020
dgitrader:

Radautuoworks
Kingreign
Bigkendo

Missing catalytic converter will not affect fuel consumption to that level.

Most times its a bad Air/fuel ratio sensor. I just recovered from that same issue.

In my case, it was Air fuel ratio sensor and knock sensor. I also tried to change my fuel pressure control valve but didn't get the right one so i clean the one inside. My fuel consumption is down to normal.

You should confirm with a scan.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebigkendo(m): 6:02pm On Jan 21, 2020
dgitrader:
I wonder why there isn't another angle to this,I was told to leave my EOD transmission fluid alone for 6+ years until it failed!

Can't there be a gradual(every 4weeks city drive) draining off and filling simultaneously of the fluid? i.e take off ½liter unknown fluid, fill back ½liter recommended fluid every month till circle completes. Just thinking!

Let me rephrase what i meant
Instead of him putting wrong fluid(since he is not sure).. Its better he leave what he has there till he is sure..

What makes you think it your "leaving" the ATF alone that spoilt you tranny?
I am just wondering another angle too ohhh grin grin grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dgitrader(m): 6:25pm On Jan 21, 2020
adanny01:

Most times its a bad Air/fuel ratio sensor. I just recovered from that same issue.

In my case, it was Air fuel ratio sensor and knock sensor. I also tried to change my fuel pressure control valve but didn't get the right one so i clean the one inside. My fuel consumption is down to normal.

Thank you. I will look into it
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 21, 2020
adanny01:

Can one buy a used one as replacement... O2 sensor I mean?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 6:37pm On Jan 21, 2020
dgitrader:
I wonder why there isn't another angle to this, I was told to leave my EOD transmission fluid alone for 6+ years until it failed!

No
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 12:59am On Jan 22, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Can one buy a used one as replacement... O2 sensor I mean?

Yes you can, but its complicated.

I went with a scanner, tested about 10 before I got a responsive one. The sensor is very sensitive.

One of the things to check is that the sensor itself must look exactly like the one in the car and exactly the same length of cable and the sensor must not have any sign of force on its body. Dont pay until it is tested. The one for a V6 has longer cable but will work.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by cumlord(m): 8:06pm On Jan 22, 2020
thebigkendo:

Ah.... Dats riaky
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by temi4fash(m): 2:56pm On Jan 23, 2020
Please what engine oil can be recommended for use for Honda city 2007 model?

Radautuoworks
Kingreign
Bigkendo
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Uniportadmision: 3:17pm On Jan 23, 2020
Sup guys, just got this Nigeria used v6 eod, don't know the former oil used both for the engine and transmission but I plan to use the recommended 5w20 (Mobil) and atf dw-1, question is can I change them all? Inside the engine still looks clean, no sludge.
I'm told too many fake oils are in circulation, any idea where I can get the original fluids mentioned above in port Harcourt?

Secondly, I need a competent electrician and Ac guy in port Harcourt, please recommend, please I don't want a trial and error person.

God bless you all.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 4:32pm On Jan 23, 2020
thebigkendo:

Took me forever to find this post again

https://greengarageblog.org/13-removing-catalytic-converter-pros-and-cons

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebigkendo(m): 5:37pm On Jan 23, 2020
radautoworks:

Took me forever to find this post again

https://greengarageblog.org/13-removing-catalytic-converter-pros-and-cons

what would you expect from a "GREEN" garage.. grin grin

My statement started with "For that Accord" ...so i was specific, i did not generalize the statement

in the link you posted, they were speaking "generally"

Again i am speaking from experience, I have been driving mine(same generation) for years with No Cat
I drove for a year with a P0420 code, then hoping to increase MPG ,i cleared the P0420 by installing a spacer on the downstream O2 sensor.. Same MPG no change..
A friend has the same car...He bought it sometime last year, clean toks, catalyst is intact with no MIL, his MPG is better than mine by 1 -2 and he does more highway driving while i do city driving.

From the same post oh..
On Pros
Point 2 You can achieve better gas mileage
Then Cons
Point 5 You will pay more for fuel
grin grin grin grin

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 9:39pm On Jan 23, 2020
thebigkendo:

what would you expect from a "GREEN" garage.. grin grin

My statement started with "For that Accord" ...so i was specific, i did not generalize the statement

in the link you posted, they were speaking "generally"

Again i am speaking from experience, I have been driving mine(same generation) for years with No Cat
I drove for a year with a P0420 code, then hoping to increase MPG ,i cleared the P0420 by installing a spacer on the downstream O2 sensor.. Same MPG no change..
A friend has the same car...He bought it sometime last year, clean toks, catalyst is intact with no MIL, his MPG is better than mine by 1 -2 and he does more highway driving while i do city driving.

From the same post oh..
On Pros
Point 2 You can achieve better gas mileage
Then Cons
Point 5 You will pay more for fuel
grin grin grin grin

I noticed the seeming contradiction too but read the context and it's a typo. I didn't notice the "on this Accord' part before because we had this conversation before about another vehicle
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebigkendo(m): 1:12am On Jan 24, 2020
radautoworks:

I noticed the seeming contradiction too but read the context and it's a typo. I didn't notice the "on this Accord' part before because we had this conversation before about another vehicle

Nah.. It was still the 7th gen Accord we had the same conversation about..
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by temi4fash(m): 8:12am On Jan 24, 2020
radautoworks:

Good morning madam,

Please I recently got an Honda City 2007, it's my first car, I dont know the oil that has been used before but I noticed the oil has dropped below the guage point. And the car doesn't smoke.

The recommended oil i saw online is 5W40 and another place 5W30. Which do you advise is right and can I start using it immediately.

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.