Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (891787 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jossytech(m): 7:46am On Dec 30, 2019
Done no changes, can I try front right engine seat seem it has a hole

luvinhubby:

Nozzles, plugs, throttle body and plug coils.

Clean some, replace some.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by greatdave(m): 8:29am On Dec 30, 2019
thebigkendo:

Flush?.. Asin internal cleaning?.. I am talking about external cleaning

Both sir! I've done both internal and external cleaning.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebigkendo(m): 11:13am On Dec 30, 2019
greatdave:

Both sir! I've done both internal and external cleaning.

Okay then... Clean the condenser and see how it goes
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:05pm On Jan 01, 2020
Wishing everyone a happy and prosperous new year, 2020. May all our expectations be exceeded this year.

Once again, happy new year to all.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Xclusiv7777: 8:58am On Jan 02, 2020
Please how much does a complete exhaust with catalyst for a Honda accord 05 cost?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by souldeep(m): 2:38pm On Jan 06, 2020
Amen, happy new year to you too our oga.
luvinhubby:
Wishing everyone a happy and prosperous new year, 2020. May all our expectations be exceeded this year.

Once again, happy new year to all.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by samintegrity(m): 1:14pm On Jan 12, 2020
Pls I need a complete honda accord 2005 V6 Adjuster.

The spring of mine got broken while my mech was trying to fit in a new driving belt.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adisaaowala: 3:57pm On Jan 12, 2020
Hi guys..

My Honda accord 2008 has its CEL on. Scanned and got codes pointing to the crankshaft sensor. Car drives smoothly only that it misfires (jerks) like once in 2 months.
Whenever this happens, the CEL starts blinking and the car goes into LIMP mode. Electricians here seem clueless about a solution - they only use the scanner to clear the CEL, after which it comes on again.

I have changed the crankshaft sensor but the while issue still persists

P.S - I also experience hard starting, especially in the mornings

Please help guys - issue is driving me nuts.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 4:12pm On Jan 12, 2020
adisaaowala:
Hi guys..

My Honda accord 2008 has its CEL on. Scanned and got codes pointing to the crankshaft sensor. Car drives smoothly only that it misfires (jerks) like once in 2 months.
Whenever this happens, the CEL starts blinking and the car goes into LIMP mode. Electricians here seem clueless about a solution - they only use the scanner to clear the CEL, after which it comes on again.

Sensor was replaced but not reset or bad sensor.

1)Start the engine. Hold the engine speed at 3,000 rpm in P or N, until the radiator fan comes on.

2) Test-drive the vehicle on a level road: Decelerate from 2,500 rpm down to 1,000 rpm with the A/T in 2, or the M/T in 2nd.

Repeat step 2 several times.

3)Turn the ignition switch to LOCK.

4)Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), and wait 30 seconds.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:45pm On Jan 12, 2020
adisaaowala:
Hi guys..

Is it a used sensor? IF YES Problem is still there. The K24Z2/3 is notorious for crankshaft sensor failure.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bliss11(m): 10:52pm On Jan 14, 2020
hello house pls how much is honda civic 2006 gear box, and any good place to fix it in abj. I have a steady blinking "D" light, I've changed d sensors but no change. the car selects gear well, but after some time of driving it refuse to accelerate till I off it to cool b4 it moves again and repeat d same process.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by donuba61: 5:11pm On Jan 15, 2020
Pls what is the cost of 2008 Honda civic gear box. Mine just pack up.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 5:40pm On Jan 15, 2020
donuba61:
Pls what is the cost of 2008 Honda civic gear box. Mine just pack up.

₦75,000
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 5:43pm On Jan 15, 2020
bliss11:
hello house pls how much is honda civic 2006 gear box, and any good place to fix it in abj. I have a steady blinking "grin" light, I've changed d sensors but no change. the car selects gear well, but after some time of driving it refuse to accelerate till I off it to cool b4 it moves again and repeat d same process.

₦75,000

But, try doing a back to back fluid change, may be a dirt issue.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by NigPatriot(m): 8:10pm On Jan 15, 2020
Please what's the cost of honda baby boy gearbox.
Mine is changing but you have to rev high to about 5000rpm before the gear changes.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bliss11(m): 8:42pm On Jan 15, 2020
luvinhubby:

₦75,000

But, try doing a back to back fluid change, may be a dirt issue.
Thanks I'll try that
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bethrothen(m): 8:31pm On Jan 16, 2020
luvinhubby:

Honda Genuine power steering fluid and ATF-DW1 are the recommended fluids.
Make sure you get the original as the market has been flooded with clones from China

Please any ideas where to get original Honda power steering fluid, ATF-DW1? What other oils shouldn't one compromise. I am thinking of changing all oils in my honda pilot.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:51pm On Jan 16, 2020
bethrothen:

Please any ideas where to get original Honda power steering fluid, ATF-DW1? What other oils shouldn't one compromise. I am thinking of changing all oils in my honda pilot.

Call 08039121412
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bethrothen(m): 12:15am On Jan 17, 2020
Will do tomorrow

luvinhubby:

Call 08039121412
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 11:41am On Jan 18, 2020
hypazmedia:
Hello guys, please what is the recommended oil for what is the recommended engine oil for Honda Accord 2009 v6 3.5L? I mean the best I can get? i just bought the car and CEL just started displaying few days ago. a technician has checked and told me the oil is a bit too thin and has advised me to change the oil.

Around 24th December the oil was changed but I suspect that oil is not up to the recommended quality. Car drives smooth and no other issues

5w20 conventional. You can use synthetic if you choose but not necessary.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 12:42pm On Jan 18, 2020
hypazmedia:

Okay thanks. I'm a newbie, so mind giving me a specific brand that meets the specs so I go get it myself directly?

It's not the brand. You just need to make sure the spec is 5w20. We sell ours for about 10k for the conventional but any brands will do.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 6:21pm On Jan 18, 2020
hypazmedia:

How about Mobil 1?

That's synthetic. Yes, you can use it as long as it's 5w20
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by izaac23(m): 5:40am On Jan 19, 2020
The outside temperature reading at the instrument cluster in my car disapeared after the two bumper was sprayed by a pray painter, what cud be the problem... Nairalanders pls help me out, God bless u.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Mcleo007(m): 10:19am On Jan 19, 2020
Hello everyone, gurus and fans of Honda in the house.

My Honda Civic, 2009 model; the 'D' drive sign on the dashboard has been blinking for a while now. I have thought to take it to my rewire or mechanic upon my next servicing which would be ending of the month. I want to know what the problem could be so I can also have knowledge about it so my rewire or mechanic doesnt profer the wrong solution to it or bill me over something that could be a minor electrical fitting.

Thanks

------------------------------------

Immediately after posting this, I decided to do a Google check. This best answers the question;

Hi There, The blinking D light indicates that there is a problem with the transmission. This may be something mechanical such as a shift solenoid or possibly some electrical such as a transmission speed sensor. This may also indicate that the transmission fluid may be low as well. I would not recommend driving the vehicle any further until you have this looked at by a qualified mechanic in order to avoid any potential further damage to the transmission.

NB:
Posted this so it can be of help to anyone who might have similar problem.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dapsoneh: 10:58pm On Jan 19, 2020
numen:
My Maintenance Tips:

1.) Change Engine Oil every 3000km (I use Mobil)
2.) Use Oando's Dexron II for the Gear Box (Abro will knock your gear) - (already mentioned)
3.) While driving be mindful not to always turn the steering to the last possible angle(helps the shaft)
4.) If you have an open roof, periodically clean the drainage hole to avoid water leaking into the car
5.) Vibrating Sound infront of the car? Check your engine sitting(already mentioned)
6.) Your single pipe radiator which used to work might not be the cause of your current over-heating...Check your water pump!
7.) Your car is not accelerating according to pedal pressure? Timing Belt might be the culprit.

Just my 2cents guys. Hope this helps someone. I luv this thread like I luv my Honda.
please, why is it that Honda AC at a point will be cooling on one side and not be cooling on the other side(driver's side)
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Aaaaarghmed(m): 5:57am On Jan 20, 2020
dapsoneh:
please, why is it that Honda AC at a point will be cooling on one side and not be cooling on the other side(driver's side)
exactly, my own don't tire me...it chills on drivers side and doesn't really chill on passenger side,changed compressor and it still persists, though the compressor has low compression but I refused to change it cos what's the use when I dont know why it doesn't chill well in the passenger side.. Auntyradu suggested I check the blend doors and blower motors but where I dey na kazeem full dere ,so wetin I wan tell kazeem to check ,dem no even know wetin be blend door and blower motor.. The last kazeem I told to check why it doesn't chill well in d passenger side ....he checked it and said....oga e dey chill o....I just weak drive comot.he doesn't want to look incompetent that's why he said so.I go sell d car buy another one cos I need 100 percent Ac.if possible sef i get a Camry.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dapsoneh: 6:35am On Jan 20, 2020
Aaaaarghmed:
exactly, my own don't tire me...it chills on drivers side and doesn't really chill on passenger side,changed compressor and it still persists, though the compressor has low compression but I refused to change it cos what's the use when I dont know why it doesn't chill well in the passenger side.. Auntyradu suggested I check the blend doors and blower motors but where I dey na kazeem full dere ,so wetin I wan tell kazeem to check ,dem no even know wetin be blend door and blower motor.. The last kazeem I told to check why it doesn't chill well in d passenger side ....he checked it and said....oga e dey chill o....I just weak drive comot.he doesn't want to look incompetent that's why he said so.I go sell d car buy another one cos I need 100 percent Ac.if possible sef i get a Camry.
i don't know why, its been happening to my 2007 Honda since. Maybe i will sell it too and buy Toyota product t
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by seanfer(m): 10:33am On Jan 20, 2020
dapsoneh:
i don't know why, its been happening to my 2007 Honda since. Maybe i will sell it too and buy Toyota product t

First start by Checking if the Cabin Air Filter is still Good....

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Onyeka90210(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.