Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,366 members, 7,826,437 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (895518 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by srazorblade(m): 3:17pm On Feb 02, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

I was going to ask you to try the suction experiment to know if the fan was blowing correctly.
yea thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by battymann: 4:41pm On Feb 02, 2020
Please parts dealers in the house, I need EGR VALVE for 2004 Pilot.
Amosh abeg
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:34pm On Feb 02, 2020
battymann:
Please parts dealers in the house, I need EGR VALVE for 2004 Pilot.
Amosh abeg

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by abbeywasc(m): 9:38pm On Feb 02, 2020
My CR-V 08 was impacted. Had to change the radiator and, fans and some body work. The mechanic earlier suggested i change the gear/transmission sensor cos it was impacted. When he came back, he said he was able to fix the sensor but i may notice some revving sound when moving.
Drove the car today and noticed the revving sound once i hit 40km/h but the noise disappeared almost immediately. I had to slow dwn for traffic and all of a sudden the car died and refused to start. Only warning light on was the blinking "grin- Drive" sign.

The mechanic i called said it was most likely the sensor that caused it and the engine has "knocked". Engine doesnt turn even after the belt has been removed.

The mech advised i buy a half engine(around 220k with servicing) or replace crankshaft, sensors and the likes with 100k.
My challenge is if his submission is right and if the crankshaft option is viable. I dnt really have money for a half engine nw though but wont want to waste 100k either.

What are the cost of the parts?

@Gazzuzz
@luvinhubby
@radautoworks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by battymann: 10:43am On Feb 03, 2020
luvinhubby:

Kindly inbox me your WhatsApp number.
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:33pm On Feb 03, 2020
abbeywasc:
My CR-V 08 was impacted. Had to change the radiator and, fans and some body work. The mechanic earlier suggested i change the gear/transmission sensor cos it was impacted. When he came back, he said he was able to fix the sensor but i may notice some revving sound when moving.
Drove the car today and noticed the revving sound once i hit 40km/h but the noise disappeared almost immediately. I had to slow dwn for traffic and all of a sudden the car died and refused to start. Only warning light on was the blinking "grin- Drive" sign.

The mechanic i called said it was most likely the sensor that caused it and the engine has "knocked". Engine doesnt turn even after the belt has been removed.

The mech advised i buy a half engine(around 220k with servicing) or replace crankshaft, sensors and the likes with 100k.
My challenge is if his submission is right and if the crankshaft option is viable. I dnt really have money for a half engine nw though but wont want to waste 100k either.

What are the cost of the parts?

@Gazzuzz
@luvinhubby
@radautoworks

Replace engine

Budget 250k for the job
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:33pm On Feb 03, 2020
battymann:

Kindly inbox me your WhatsApp number.
Thanks

08099451504 - Whatsapp
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by theyongest: 4:38pm On Feb 04, 2020
theyongest:

Update.

The swapping of the clutch pressure solenoids work for maybe a mile or 2. It started dropping after a couple more miles. Meaning it's an internal damage. Gear had been dropped for a tear-down and inspection to help us know what's wrong.

Fingers are crossed.

MORE UPDATE
gear rebuild completed and was reinstalled. The transmission guy said the only problem with the internal unit was the "selector", which he replaced, all he did was basically tear apart, clean and reassemble which i'm very pleased with. nothing beats you knowing nothing is "manage it" within my gear unit.
I went to pick it up on Saturday.
Apart from the fact that the mechanic blew up my radiator (didn't fasten the bonnet support well, it fell and hooked one of the fans, caused the engine to overheat and the radiator multiple leakages) fixed radiator then test drove to notice difficulty in shifting to second gear, Mechanic mentioned the refill (with 6 quarts) wasn't to guage so we topped up the ATF (yeah, DW-1) with half quart more.
The drive back home was okay(shifting was smooth, gear ration was within range) except for noises from the front wheels. At first, i thought the tyres weren't tightly nutted, tightened them, pushed the pan behind the knuckles further back and the noise sort of disappeared only to reappear on monday morning. I noticed as the vehicle was pulling out, it was making screeching brake noises on acceleration but i shrugged it off thinking the brake rotors were just getting warmed up, but i was wrong.

Truck drove to lekki and back under duress. I (I wasn't the driver) took it round and discovered (by luck) the front brake calipers were stuck closed causing the gear and engine undue suffering. CEL. smell of burnt ATF and D was flashing, Half filled tank was almost empty, engine cooling system was over-stressed (cooling cycle was like 45sec apart).
first of all, we got the brake system and the calipers serviced, Got a scanner for codes and as expected Clutch pressure control solenoid valve A was stuck. Nothing was done to the solenoid yet, simply cleared the error to see if it will resurface after a couple more miles of driving before servicing or replacing it. I've decided to leave the oil too for a little longer before draining. All seems fine again. Vehicle is still under observation for the next month and fingers are still crossed. Warranty cover on said transmission repair lasts for a month from pick-up date. Transmission guy is regularly updated per each hiccup and/or fixes.
Any advise on this or what to look out for will be appreciated. people of God, my pocket is paining me.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by BarrSly: 2:25pm On Feb 05, 2020
Hi Honda gurus. I intend getting a 2008 Honda Accord (as I hear this one doesn't have the ball joint abi leg wahala) as opposed to getting a 2007 Toyota Camry with oil burning issue.

What advice do you have for me please I will listen thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by battymann: 3:45pm On Feb 05, 2020
luvinhubby:

08099451504 - Whatsapp

Thanks bro. C u at the other end
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by drakeskull(m): 7:06pm On Feb 05, 2020
2008 is a first year in that series. Always good to avoid first years cos of issues they fix in subsequent years.

BarrSly:

Hi Honda gurus. I intend getting a 2008 Honda Accord (as I hear this one doesn't have the ball joint abi leg wahala) as opposed to getting a 2007 Toyota Camry with oil burning issue.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dgitrader(m): 8:43pm On Feb 05, 2020
drakeskull:
2008 is a first year in that series. Always good to avoid first years cos of issues they fix in subsequent years.

After 10years , the accords of 08, 09, '10 and '11 are at the same level of reliability in my opinion. Most prominent problem of the of the 08 was back brakes prematurely wearing out, definitely aftermarket parts must have done the fix we fear

BarrSly:

if you find a very good and clean one , have it properly inspected by a very good mechanic, get it. It's way way better than 07 Camry and has no leg pull issues.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 12:19am On Feb 06, 2020
BarrSly:

Whether the 2.0, 2.4 or V6 variant, reliable suspensions, dependable transmissions, just Vtech actuator issue with the 2.4 engine range.

Just stick with recommended fluids for engine and gears.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by BarrSly: 7:07am On Feb 06, 2020
The chief here present sir... what kinda fluids are recommended?

luvinhubby:

Whether the 2.0, 2.4 or V6 variant, reliable suspensions, dependable transmissions, just Vtech actuator issue with the 2.4 engine range.

Just stick with recommended fluids for engine and gears.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by abbeywasc(m): 10:46am On Feb 06, 2020
Hi, how many litres of transmission fluid (Honda ATF Z1) do i need for honda CRV 2008? My mech says 6 litres which i find absurd
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Sleekteddy: 1:21pm On Feb 06, 2020
Mdx 2005
The D5 starts blinking after about 10mins drive.so I scanned and below is the scan details.

P0430
Generic
Catalyst system efficiency below threshold bank 2
P0420
Generic
Catalyst system efficiency below threshold bank 1
P0706
Generic
Transmission range sensor A circuit range/performance

DTC
A/T range switch open
4th pressure sw circuit high

Left front wheel speed sensor open or short
Left front wheel speed sensor failure
Break switch failure
Sensor logic failure

ELD voltage low
Catalyst b2 efficiency below threshold
A/T system malfunction
Catalyst B1 efficiency below threshold
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by CEO21(m): 7:41pm On Feb 06, 2020
Greetings house.
A special hailing to all the motor gurus in the house.
I drive a 2005 Honda Accord v6 which has been giving me headache of late. All 3 inner cylinders are refusing to fire after injectors were cleaned. The car has been scanned and rescanned but no codes are coming up. The Mech has been on this issue since morning but nothing to show for it, now he's saying it's an electrical fault.
Please anyone with an idea on what the issue might be should help out
Cc luvinhuby
Gazzuz
Thebigkendo
Radautoworks
Nurey
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nurey(m): 7:45pm On Feb 06, 2020
CEO21:
Greetings house.
I drive a 2005 Honda Accord v6 which has been giving me headache of late. All 3 inner cylinders are refusing to fire after injectors were cleaned. The car has been scanned and rescanned but no codes are coming up. The Mech has been on this issue since morning but nothing to show for it, now he's saying it's an electrical fault.

Yoruba has a saying "witch cry for night, pikin die for morning" who no know say nah the witch kill the pikin.

The issue he is looking for should be with the injectors, injectors are cleaned I. special bathe with a device not using of any how cleaner because the injector is a delicate part. Let him swap injectors to those cylinder not working and he can pinpoint the issue.

The issue maybe he knows you will blame him for spoiling the injector grin so he is dribbling you to succumb to the bill of repairs. please don't go and beat the mechanic, find solution and move on.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by CEO21(m): 8:51pm On Feb 06, 2020
nurey:

Yoruba has a saying "witch cry for night, pikin die for morning" who no know say nah the witch kill the pikin.

The issue he is looking for should be with the injectors, injectors are cleaned I. special bathe with a device not using of any how cleaner because the injector is a delicate part. Let him swap injectors to those cylinder not working and he can pinpoint the issue.

The issue maybe he knows you will blame him for spoiling the injector grin so he is dribbling you to succumb to the bill of repairs. please don't go and beat the mechanic, find solution and move on.
Thanks for your input.
He did switch all three injectors yet non of the affected cylinders were firing.
As for the beating matter, the mecho grab pass me ooo grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Mrford(m): 9:46pm On Feb 06, 2020
CEO21:

Thanks for your input.
He did switch all three injectors yet non of the affected cylinders were firing.

He should check the compression on all the three cylinder.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nurey(m): 9:53pm On Feb 06, 2020
CEO21:

Thanks for your input.

He should check the coils and plugs too. 6 packs no dey open door my guy grin give am confam 4x2 for neck he go mellow grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by CEO21(m): 11:23pm On Feb 06, 2020
nurey:

He should check the coils and plugs too. 6 packs no dey open door my guy grin give am confam 4x2 for neck he go mellow grin
OK, will keep you posted of our progress.
And 4x2 for neck, shey if the mecho collapse who go come work ontop the car ni grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by CEO21(m): 11:25pm On Feb 06, 2020
Mrford:

He should check the compression on all the three cylinder.
I'll make this recommendation as well.
Oshey
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 5:01pm On Feb 07, 2020
CEO21:
Greetings house.
Cc luvinhuby
Gazzuz
Thebigkendo
Radautoworks
Nurey

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by JOHNDESTINY14: 11:21pm On Feb 07, 2020
As you try much as possible to maintain your nice Honda cars in good working condition so as to serve you better. It's also enjoyable to always update your music speakers and music playlists with good lyrical songs to make it more fun and awesome for everyone including you.

Listen and download this inspirational dance song for FREE here on https://hypeddit.com/link/7sqo49 (Follow now on your most preferred store to have access to more songs from the remarkable debut album, Respiration 2020). Feel Inspired.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Emii231(m): 9:50am On Feb 08, 2020
Honda is for starters.....Apart from Cross Tour, I dont see any Honda worth driving...
Very funny, Honda is one of the best when it comes to handling. have u handled ZDX before. I pity you bro..

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by battymann: 11:25am On Feb 10, 2020
Emii231:

Very funny, Honda is one of the best when it comes to handling. have u handled ZDX before. I pity you bro..

Bro you must be so unforgiving. This guy made the stupid comment 200 years ago and you are killing him now?
Well, revenge is best served cold grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tundelight(m): 7:12pm On Feb 10, 2020
Pls how much is 2009 Honda Accord Compressor? Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adisaaowala: 12:28pm On Feb 13, 2020
adisaaowala:
Hi guys..

My Honda accord 2008 has its CEL on. Scanned and got codes pointing to the crankshaft sensor. Car drives smoothly only that it misfires (jerks) like once in 2 months.
Whenever this happens, the CEL starts blinking and the car goes into LIMP mode. Electricians here seem clueless about a solution - they only use the scanner to clear the CEL, after which it comes on again.

I have changed the crankshaft sensor but the while issue still persists

P.S - I also experience hard starting, especially in the mornings

Please help guys - issue is driving me nuts.

Hi guys.

I replaced the sensor and the issues disappeared for a while...only for them to come up again.

Abeg make una help me - I don tire sad

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by drakeskull(m): 2:16pm On Feb 13, 2020
Had similar issue with my 08 Accord. I initially thought it was the sensor but it turned out to be my positive battery head that was bad. Changed the positive terminal (less than 200 naira) and VOILA!! That might be your case too.

Hard starting might be fuel pump issue

adisaaowala:

Hi guys.

I replaced the sensor and the issues disappeared for a while...only for them to come up again.

Abeg make una help me - I don tire sad
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 14, 2020
tundelight:
Pls how much is 2009 Honda Accord Compressor? Thanks
Around 30k
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 2:55pm On Feb 14, 2020
Please i need help o, i decided to wash my car (DC 07) myself today, after washing the engine i decided to check the engine oil if it is gauge i observed drop of water into the engine oil, i am afraid to start my engine, will there be any effect if i start the engine?

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.