Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,529 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (895105 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:52am On Feb 18, 2020
steevy:

My curse. Since I bought my 07 Accord, this has been a nightmare. Changed the mounts, throttle body, coils, plugs too but it still persists. I don zero my mind dey drive am like that.

Rocker arm sensor
Or
Throttle sensor attached to the actuator.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebigkendo(m): 7:03am On Feb 18, 2020
lanre2009:
Good morning guys, pls I drive a 2006 honda accord 4 plugs. My battery ran down and while trying to use another battery to start it I connected the terminals wrongly....now the car is completed dead, no lights, or any device is working and the car won't even start. Has anyone experienced this before. What could be the probable solutions....

Best case.. Blown main fuse..
Worse case fried ECU(brainbox)
Start by checking thus 2 fuses

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dgitrader(m): 7:42am On Feb 18, 2020
luvinhubby:

Do a vin check on the history of the vehicle, may have had one vital component swapped in it, narrow down your search to the throttle body environs.
. Thanks

I want to add, when at a traffic stop, is the idle in the picture normal?

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by seanfer(m): 9:29am On Feb 18, 2020
dgitrader:
. Thanks

If the AC is on... No cause to worry.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:29am On Feb 18, 2020
dgitrader:
. Thanks

Your vehicle may have a bad or unavailable resonator, popularly called down air flow meter.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by temi4fash(m): 11:13am On Feb 18, 2020
dgitrader:

Walahi, that is the near situation here, but I won't give up , because I once had the same issue in 04 accord and solved it.
I am on the third mechanic now with eagle eyes and armed with my internet findings, the vibrations must go I swear.

@adanny01 @thebigkendo. All the suggestions provided were adopted but problem persist but intermittently.

@gazzuzz @radautoworks . Location is an issue if not, but Abeg make una shook mouth for this matter

Boss,

My mum car use to do like Vibrate too, Changed the engine sit, it was the last mechnaic after replacing it and it was still same told us to go and check the brain-box, immediately we did the vibration stopped
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 18, 2020
luvinhubby:

You sound concerned, drain oil and replace, could have been water that missed road.

Nothing to worry about
Thanks, replaced the oil and filter and we are good to go.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 4:48pm On Feb 18, 2020
dgitrader:
. Thanks

Perfect.

In fact you cant manually change it.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by abbeywasc(m): 6:43pm On Feb 18, 2020
Hello house,
My CRV 08 showed check engine light and i noticed i have to top up the water virtually daily(not much though)

Did a scan and got a P2185 code (Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT)
Abeg, please advise before kazeem tell me something else
Edit
I actually had a recent work done on it due to an impact. The fuel pump and crankshaft had to be replaced.
Thanks

Cc luvinhubby
Gazzuzz
Thebigkendo
Radautoworks
Nurey
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lanre2009: 9:31pm On Feb 18, 2020
thanks for your help.....i changed the longer fuse and everything is working well

thebigkendo:

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kellystech(m): 9:46pm On Feb 18, 2020
dgitrader:
Good people of the house, kindly bail me out! It's a 09 accord i4, 2.5l which I just changed all engine mounts to original Belgium. Yet the engine vibrations persist. When ever at stops, or when I just engage the drive or reverse gears and the car is at idle, the vibrations come up, with or without AC, same vibes. But when in Park or Neutral, the cabin is sound and calm as factory setting. No CEL or codes. It's embarrassing. Several mechanics told me it's engine seatings before now. Only one of the old seatings was apparently bad, yet I changed all to avoid future stories , but the vibes continue. Pls help a brother out.

Cc luvinhubby
Gazzuzz
Thebigkendo
Radautoworks
Nurey
trust me change your fuel filter and pump the problem will just go away
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by deleson: 10:37pm On Feb 18, 2020
Hello,

Aside this problem, what’s your review of the 08 CRV?

Interested in getting one.

abbeywasc:
Hello house,
My CRV 08 showed check engine light and i noticed i have to top up the water virtually daily(not much though)

Did a scan and got a P2185 code (Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT)
Abeg, please advise before kazeem tell me something else
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebigkendo(m): 11:16pm On Feb 18, 2020
lanre2009:
thanks for your help.....i changed the longer fuse and everything is working well

Glad to be of service.. Go & sin no more, please don't make that mistake again, you might not be so lucky next time..
Hope the fuse was replace not "bridged" with wire strands

Cheers
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by abbeywasc(m): 11:56pm On Feb 18, 2020
deleson:
Hello,

Aside this problem, what’s your review of the 08 CRV?

Interested in getting one.

Not an expert, but its a cool vehicle. Handles well and cheap parts too.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lanre2009: 3:39am On Feb 19, 2020
I bought and fixed the fuse myself.....it wasn't bridged with wire strands.........

thebigkendo:

Glad to be of service.. Go & sin no more, please don't make that mistake again, you might not be so lucky next time..
Hope the fuse was replace not "bridged" with wire strands

Cheers
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 1:04pm On Feb 19, 2020
thebigkendo:

Nice kendo
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 2:09pm On Feb 19, 2020
radautoworks:

Nice kendo
Vacation ended so soon?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by internetparrot: 3:23pm On Feb 19, 2020
Good afternoon,

Please I have owned a 2005 Honda Accord [not v6] for about 2 months now, bought Nigeria used, car drives perfectly, but I need help on these factors
1. The fans were connected directly, and I need them back to the normal way.
2. I don't seem to like the sound of the car, it could be a bit quieter, there is this uneven sound in the serpentine belt area.
3. The check engine light is on, I'm not surprised since the fans are connected directly.

I am a 8-5 person and won't want to wake up one day and have the car die on me on 3rd mainland cheesy grin

Please advise grin grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 3:30pm On Feb 19, 2020
luvinhubby:

Vacation ended so soon?

Nope.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lanre2009: 6:23am On Feb 20, 2020
Guys please how much can i get a replacement for the replacement of the following items for a 2006 Honda accord

1. Catalytic converter
2. 02 sensor (the photo of the sensor is attached)

thanks

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by samintegrity(m): 9:10am On Feb 20, 2020
internetparrot:
Good afternoon,

Please I have owned a 2005 Honda Accord [not v6] for about 2 months now, bought Nigeria used, car drives perfectly, but I need help on these factors
1. The fans were connected directly, and I need them back to the normal way.
2. I don't seem to like the sound of the car, it could be a bit quieter, there is this uneven sound in the serpentine belt area.
3. The check engine light is on, I'm not surprised since the fans are connected directly.

I am a 8-5 person and won't want to wake up one day and have the car die on me on 3rd mainland cheesy grin

Please advise grin grin

I want to believe the previous owner did that for a reason, I meant connected the fan directly.

You might want to ask him about that..

Now about the noise from the belt, you shd check if its slack or is your power sterring thats causing that..

Is it some whinnig noise? If its from your power sterring then you might need to change the o ring, but if its from the belt, then I recommend changing it.

Another thing could make an EOD engine rise high, thats if the rpm is above 1000rpm .

If its above 1, you might want to reduce it to around 700rpm for better fuel efficiency and serious reduction in engine noise.

About the check engine light, that I do not know oo..

I use same model too, but v6.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 10:10am On Feb 21, 2020
Please i need help, just now my car (DC 07)started jerking when taking off. As if changing from gear 1to 2 the car will jerk. This car is still new i don't undetstand what is happening.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by samintegrity(m): 10:13am On Feb 21, 2020
uncle005:
Please i need help, just now my car (DC 07)started jerking when taking off. As if changing from gear 1to 2 the car will jerk. This car is still new i don't undetstand what is happening.

Is there enough fuel in your tank?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 21, 2020
samintegrity:

Is there enough fuel in your tank?
Yes, enough fuel
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 11:18am On Feb 21, 2020
I just switch off the engine and start up again, for now i didn't notice the jerking again, but the gear transition is notice at every interval.

My colleague advice i change the gear oil, the oil was change last in Oct 2018
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 11:26am On Feb 21, 2020
lanre2009:
Guys please how much can i get a replacement for the replacement of the following items for a 2006 Honda accord

1. Catalytic converter
2. 02 sensor (the photo of the sensor is attached)

thanks

Budget ₦30,000 for both
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 11:27am On Feb 21, 2020
uncle005:
I just switch off the engine and start up again, for now i didn't notice the jerking again, but the gear transition is notice at every interval.

My colleague advice i change the gear oil, the oil was change last in Oct 2018

What type of gear fluid was used, if not the genuine DW1, flush gear and refill.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 11:32am On Feb 21, 2020
luvinhubby:

What type of gear fluid was used, if not the genuine DW1, flush gear and refill.
I use Z1, just checked now the last change out was march 2019
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 2:10pm On Feb 21, 2020
uncle005:
I use Z1, just checked now the last change out was march 2019

Fake!

Z1 was discontinued by Honda since 2010, bought cloned China ATF

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 21, 2020
luvinhubby:

Fake!

Z1 was discontinued by Honda since 2010, bought cloned China ATF
Chai!! But Z1 was also recommended in this forum, Please if you have a sample picture of DW1 send to me i beg you.

I am in a serious dilemma, i need your help. I am travelling on Monday and i needed it sorted out before travel
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 3:13pm On Feb 21, 2020
uncle005:
Chai!! But Z1 was also recommended in this forum, Please if you have a sample picture of DW1 send to me i beg you.

I am in a serious dilemma, i need your help. I am travelling on Monday and i needed it sorted out before travel

Z1 is on the manual but was replaced with DW1 & it's backwards compliant
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by joungblood(m): 5:38pm On Feb 21, 2020
Hello house I have a Honda civic 2008 car for sale
This vehicle has some little works to be done but it still drive well regardless
*Steering oil dey leak
*The driver window don't go down
*needs small body work/repainting
*the gear is working fine but there is a button that needs to be pressed b4 u remove it from park, the button don remove so I use anything to just press it
*ac needs gas

Those are the things wrong with it, contact me if you are interested in it, we can also come to some kind of agreement if you want to do HP. Location is sango ota, obasanjo Farm side, asking price 650k but open for negotiation, call sms or whatsapp me on 08125670754 thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.