Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,405 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (892058 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by debowale2015(m): 10:01pm On Jul 20, 2020
Oga Luvvinghubby.....Good day sir. I believe you are a very busy person sir, but try oga and reply our questions on this your thread.

I had written for days, asking for prize of Honda accord babyboy engine to buy from you. You just snubbed me. I feel bad ooo
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 11:27pm On Jul 20, 2020
debowale2015:
Oga Luvvinghubby.....Good day sir. I believe you are a very busy person sir, but try oga and reply our questions on this your thread.

I had written for days, asking for prize of Honda accord babyboy engine to buy from you. You just snubbed me. I feel bad ooo
I visit this forum like everyone else does, not permanently here. That's why we left contact details on our signature for faster response.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 11:28pm On Jul 20, 2020
Carfreak966:

Please I have been calling your number times without number. It keeps telling me ‘The Person You Are Calling is not available to pick your call, please try again later ‘

Chief what oil should I use for my Honda EOD which I just got today. How much is it and can you send it to isolo. I will pay you before you send it or I can come and pick it up tomorrow morning before 10am

Sorry, call again, shuttled out of city, but back
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by debowale2015(m): 6:51am On Jul 21, 2020
luvinhubby:

I visit this forum like everyone else does, not permanently here. That's why we left contact details on our signature for faster response.

Noted sir. I will reach you on your wattapp then. Thank you!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ochima75(m): 12:34am On Jul 22, 2020
luvinhubby:

Replace instrument cluster

Just like that?

Do you have any idea of the price?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by theoilguy: 6:49am On Jul 22, 2020
Hello all,

We have Mobil extended performance and Castrol extended performance in stock.

Limited quantities available..
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by seanfer(m): 7:28am On Jul 22, 2020
theoilguy:
Hello all,

We have Mobil extended performance and Castrol extended performance in stock.

Limited quantities available..

How much is the Mobil and Castrol. And can you post pictures here.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by theoilguy: 12:31pm On Jul 22, 2020
seanfer:

How much is the Mobil and Castrol. And can you post pictures here.

Mobil is 18,000 naira, Castrol is 19,000 naira.

All extended performance..

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by olaboyeh(m): 5:24pm On Jul 22, 2020
Pls help o....

Car won't rev up to 4000rpm it's get beyond 3000 and start jerking

2007 honda civic...
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AmeLonRo(m): 7:10pm On Jul 22, 2020
How much is the Tokunbo lower ball joint for Honda hala and the upper arm?

My steering is shaking as I drive. The alignment man said its a mechanic issue as it continued after alignment. What is responsible? I am afraid of speeding now and need to move around. I just replaced the engine with Tokunbo.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by donuba61: 7:17pm On Jul 22, 2020
Pls how much is Honda civic 2008 coil?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Johnsonkeyz2019: 12:41am On Jul 23, 2020
nas00:

Sir, why are you speeding on a rough road?

You are breaking rule number 1 of Honda use in our environment... (Rule 1= Thou shall always drive patiently on rough roads; speed all you want on smooth roads).

To your question, your symptom is likely due to bad sway bar links. Check them out. Will need replacement if bad.

Chai I changed the 4 away bar links and it seemed the problem worsened o
But discovered the one of the Busshion on the left upper arm at the back as clearance
But could one Busshion be causing such noticable drifts ?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by olaboyeh(m): 12:07pm On Jul 23, 2020
olaboyeh:
Pls help o....

2007 honda civic...

Pls i need help o..

Cc: radautoworks
Gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Pelxmiye(m): 5:01pm On Jul 23, 2020
Mr Gazzuzz thanks for the other time, my Honda Civic 2008 is showing the malfunction indicator lamp, also known as check engine symbol....the car is driving fine, nothing has changed, but the malfunction indicator symbol is on...what do I do boss?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:08pm On Jul 23, 2020
olaboyeh:
Pls help o....

2007 honda civic...

For that Civic, anything between rocker arm, plugs, plug couls or clogged nozzles

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by olaboyeh(m): 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2020
luvinhubby:

For that Civic, anything between rocker arm, plugs, plug couls or clogged nozzles

Rocker arm ke..ha
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 9:13pm On Jul 23, 2020
Johnsonkeyz2019:

Chai I changed the 4 away bar links and it seemed the problem worsened o
But discovered the one of the Busshion on the left upper arm at the back as clearance
But could one Busshion be causing such noticable drifts ?

Sir, I advised you to inspect the sway bar links and replace IF bad. I see now that I took it for granted that you knew how to inspect sway bar links.
The truth is that except you order OEM new parts for your car, the 'new' parts in our market often don't work as intended. In my experience, they tend to be worse than worn out OEM parts that came with the car. Buying 'tokunbo' replacement parts helps in many cases (but not all cases).

If you have not discarded the previous sway bar links, better re-install them.

Back to your question, a torn upper or lower control arm bushing can cause your car to veer towards one side.

Lesson: Before you replace any car part, you must have proved beyond doubt that it has gone bad and needs replacement.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Johnsonkeyz2019: 3:18am On Jul 24, 2020
nas00:

Sir, I advised you to inspect the sway bar links and replace IF bad. I see now that I took it for granted that you knew how to inspect sway bar links.
The truth is that except you order OEM new parts for your car, the 'new' parts in our market often don't work as intended. In my experience, they tend to be worse than worn out OEM parts that came with the car. Buying 'tokunbo' replacement parts helps in many cases (but not all cases).

If you have not discarded the previous sway bar links, better re-install them.

Back to your question, a torn upper or lower control arm bushing can cause your car to veer towards one side.

Lesson: Before you replace any car part, you must have proved beyond doubt that it has gone bad and needs replacement.

Chai money burnt a lil and lesson learnt after installing the fourth sway bar link at the back then the mechanic now discovered there was issues with the left side upper control arm bushing
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 11:49am On Jul 24, 2020
Carfreak966:

I use a EOD V6 and my transmission is fine. Just that when I am speeding car is vibrating. What is the cause?

Apologies Sir. Just noticed I didn't respond to this post.

The following could be responsible for vibrations while accelerating/ speeding:

1) Torn engine mounts.

Action: Visual inspection of all engine mounts. If no damage visible on visual inspection, follow up by inspection of engine behavior while someone switch btw gears, with the engine running, and the person's foot on the brake. Damage to the front or rear (or both) often produces visible marked engine 'leaps'. Damage to the side/ transmission mounts produce more subtle vibrations, but noticeable on close watch.

2) Misfires.

This could be sure to several reasons. Some bad spark plugs, one or two bad ignition coils, clogged fuel filter, clogged engine air filter, even worn timing belt.
You may have your 'check engine' light come on.
Scanning your car can reveal codes for some of these problems.

3) Uneven tyre sizes: Ẹ.g. You have three 205/65 R16 types + one 225/75 R16 tyre.
All your tires must be of equal size at all times.

4) Unevenly worn tyres

You now have to rule out some of these possible causes, in order to isolate the main problem.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by modskiller(m): 4:57pm On Jul 24, 2020
House please I need a quick help.

I noticed my gear oil was depleted and decided to add more to top it.

The previous transmission oil I used was a Dextron 3 but I used Holts to top it up and I drove the car this morning but noticed the car revs so much before changing gear and revs too high before moving from a stagnant position.

Please help.

@nass00 @luvinhubby
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 8:07pm On Jul 24, 2020
modskiller:
House please I need a quick help.

I noticed my gear oil was depleted and decided to add more to top it.

The previous transmission oil I used was a Dextron 3 but I used Holts to top it up and I drove the car this morning but noticed the car revs so much before changing gear and revs too high before moving from a stagnant position.

Please help.

@nass00 @luvinhubby

Holts ke!!!

You used incompatible transmission fluid, hence your transmission's malfunction, and that is just the beginning.

To prevent a total transmission failure, you should stop driving the car for now, while you get the correct ATF to replace.

What is your car's brand and model year?
That will guide on the recommended ATF.

Note: There must be a reason your transmission fluid level was low in the first place. Assuming the transmission is healthy, I would think you probably have leaks at some point along the transmission fluid lines. You should address the reason for the drop in ATF level if you find any.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by naijafinder: 8:32pm On Jul 24, 2020
Please what is the best recommended Gear Oil
to use for my Honda Civic 2010.

I bought the Car Tokunbo, the car has been moving in Nigeria since September 2019 till date. Though I don't have any transmission problem. I just want to know what ATF oil to use Incase I want to replace it.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by modskiller(m): 8:49pm On Jul 24, 2020
nas00:

Holts ke!!!

You used incompatible transmission fluid, hence your transmission's malfunction, and that is just the beginning.

To prevent a total transmission failure, you should stop driving the car for now, while you get the correct ATF to replace.

What is your car's brand and model year?
That will guide on the recommended ATF.

Note: There must be a reason your transmission fluid level was low in the first place. Assuming the transmission is healthy, I would think you probably have leaks at some point along the transmission fluid lines. You should address the reason for the drop in ATF level if you find any.

Honda Civic 2003
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:53pm On Jul 24, 2020
naijafinder:
Please what is the best recommended Gear Oil
to use for my Honda Civic 2010.

I bought the Car Tokunbo, the car has been moving in Nigeria since September 2019 till date. Though I don't have any transmission problem. I just want to know what ATF oil to use Incase I want to replace it.

Genuine ATF-DW1

Lots of China clones in the market
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by modskiller(m): 9:15pm On Jul 24, 2020
luvinhubby:

Genuine ATF-DW1

Lots of China clones in the market

How much is it and can i use it for a Civic 2003?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Carfreak966: 9:49pm On Jul 24, 2020
I swear everything that nas00 said is true concerning the shaking of the car. The dude must have helped Honda manufacture car. As in him and Honda be Padi i swear.

Chief Nas00 what do you suggest for me on this. My steering rack is leaking oil. Do I buy a new one which my mechanic says costs 35k or repair the one in the car.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 11:44pm On Jul 24, 2020
modskiller:

Honda Civic 2003

ATF-DW1 is recommended for your car.

To get any significant result, you will need a minimum of 9 quarts. Luvinghubby sells OR you may ship directly from USA. A carton contains 12 (each one quart).
Drain and refill the transmission three times. Test drive the car for about 10-15mins in-between and move through all gears after each test drive while engine running but foot on brake.
By the end of the procedure, you should have replaced most of your transmission fluid with ATF-DW1. You will likely notice your transmission resuming normal service while you are at it smiley

Notes:
1) Each drainage should yield about 3 quarts.

2) Original ATF-DW1 is quite costly, but the cost of ruining your transmission will be much more. If properly done and there is no leakage, you don't need to replace your ATF for another 100,000 miles per Honda maintenance manual. However, you certainly need to check transmission fluid level at every oil change and top off if necessary.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 11:46pm On Jul 24, 2020
Carfreak966:
I swear everything that nas00 said is true concerning the shaking of the car. The dude must have helped Honda manufacture car. As in him and Honda be Padi i swear.

Chief Nas00 what do you suggest for me on this. My steering rack is leaking oil. Do I buy a new one which my mechanic says costs 35k or repair the one in the car.

Thanks in anticipation

Bro, repairing a leaking steering rack hardly ever stands the test of time.
It will be more cost effective (cheaper on the long run) to replace the steering rack.

Regards!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Carfreak966: 7:23am On Jul 25, 2020
nas00:

It will be more cost effective (cheaper on the long run) to replace the steering rack.

Regards!

Our next gazzuzz I really appreciate you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mejai(m): 1:08pm On Jul 25, 2020
nas00:

Regards!
I just followed you cos of ur profile pics. Track 11 (reasons for rainbow) takes me out of this world.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 4:46pm On Jul 25, 2020
mejai:

I just followed you cos of ur profile pics. Track 11 (reasons for rainbow) takes me out of this world.

Great!

Thanks... I am a Yanni fan.
Got almost all his albums over time.
Being a self-taught pianist himself, Yanni inspired me to learn how to play the piano on my own and I am making progress cool

Before I derail the thread further, let me stop here and appeal for a close to this discussion on this thread.

On behalf of mejai and myself, I also apologize to our ancestors on the thread for the slight derailment in honor of mejai, based on common interest. sad
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 4:47pm On Jul 25, 2020
Carfreak966:

Our next gazzuzz I really appreciate you

Your boy remains loyal, Sir grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.