Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (891865 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sirleke(m): 6:44pm On Nov 22, 2020
Madam Rad, using this opportunity to say thank u one more time .
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sirleke(m): 6:47pm On Nov 22, 2020
P0420: catalyst system threshold bank 1
catalyst system efficiency below
threshold bank 1

P0506: idle air control system RPM lower than expected....

Got the codes on my car...

Some1 should help out.

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Johnsonkeyz2019: 10:25pm On Nov 22, 2020
olatundesam:

Thanks so much. I just called him, I didn't mention that I am in Lagos. The mechanic is in Ibadan

Oh!! yeah he is in Ibadan
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 5:34am On Nov 23, 2020
Blackbishop:

Ma'am wetin I say as how?

Your page ma I only contributed. With due respect ma

I was telling him what you said was correct
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Blackbishop(m): 8:25am On Nov 23, 2020
radautoworks:
I was telling him what you said was correct

I knew ma'am I was just trying to tell you am not taking over your page ma
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 8:48am On Nov 23, 2020
Blackbishop:

I knew ma'am I was just trying to tell you am not taking over your page ma
not my thread lol
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 1:04pm On Nov 23, 2020
This is the time to overhaul your car If you must travel with it for Christmas holidays. Then drive it to ensure it is in good condition before travelling with it

1) Flush your radiator water and add Radiator coolant to avoid overheating
2) Inspect your Camber Bushing and stabilizer bushings at the front, they determine the stability of your steering.
3) Flush your break fluid and ensure your break Master and Servo are in good condition for active breaking system, use manufacturer recommended brake fluids
4) Ensure that your tyres have not expired. From the manufacturers date, you shall see 0216, this means 02nd month of 2016. Tyres expires after 4yrs.
5) Any time you enter porthole and your car seems to loose balance then your shock absorber is most likely bad. If there is Oil around your shock, its likely to have gone bad. Or If it does not come out slowly, then it needs replacement.
6, Change brake pad and linnings with known brands
7) When on speed and your Bonnet seems to vibrate, then you need to do wheel alignment but if the steering shakes, then you need wheel balancing.
8, If your car is miss firing then do the following:
a, Replace your Fuel pump filter
b, Service your injectors, nozzles and change spark plugs
9) When driving and suddenly you notice that your steering has gone one side, it's a sign that one of your back tyres is too low.
10) Finally, as you drive and you notice your automatic gear does not change very easily. Then you need to service your gearbox or replace the gearbox oil with the right specification.
It is written on the dipstick.
11, Replace your engine oil and filter with good grade synthetic or semi-synthetic, manufacturer own is best option

11 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sirleke(m): 1:09pm On Nov 23, 2020
threshold bank 1

Some1 should help out.

Thanks

Cc: luvinhubby

luvinhubby:
This is the time to overhaul your car If you must travel with it for Christmas holidays. Then drive it to ensure it is in good condition before travelling with it

2) Inspect your Camber Bushing and stabilizer bushings at the front, they determine the stability of your steering.
3) Flush your break fluid and ensure your break Master and Servo are in good condition for active breaking system, use manufacturer recommended brake fluids
4) Ensure that your tyres have not expired. From the manufacturers date, you shall see 0216, this means 02nd month of 2016. Tyres expires after 4yrs.
5) Any time you enter porthole and your car seems to loose balance then your shock absorber is most likely bad. If there is Oil around your shock, its likely to have gone bad. Or If it does not come out slowly, then it needs replacement.
7) When on speed and your Bonnet seems to vibrate, then you need to do wheel alignment but if the steering shakes, then you need wheel balancing.
8, If your car is missing fire then do the following:
9) When driving and suddenly you notice that your steering has gone one side, it's a sign that one of your back tyres is too low.
10) Finally, as you drive and you notice your automatic gear does not change very easily. Then you need to service your gearbox or replace the gearbox oil with the right specification.
11, Replace your engine oil and filter with good grade synthetic or semi-synthetic, manufacturer own is best option
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 1:44pm On Nov 23, 2020
sirleke:
threshold bank 1

Some1 should help out.

Thanks

What type of vehicle?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sirleke(m): 2:10pm On Nov 23, 2020
luvinhubby:

What type of vehicle?
Honda Accord 04 i4 sir
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 3:21pm On Nov 23, 2020
sirleke:
Honda Accord 04 i4 sir

Catalyst and throttle body
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sirleke(m): 7:23pm On Nov 23, 2020
luvinhubby:

Catalyst and throttle body
thanks for the response sir
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Uyi213: 11:41am On Nov 24, 2020
Please how much is new engine house for Honda EOD 2005.

The car cranks but doesn’t come to life. The mechanic says it’s the engine. I have changed the gasket that was when the engine was opened

Please help
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by MrHeff(m): 3:43pm On Nov 24, 2020
olaboyeh:

Help o...pls o...abeg
boss! Were you able to get one?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mbahjohnpaul: 4:05am On Nov 25, 2020
Good mrng.pls how much is power steering pump for Acura mdx 06. Also I need the complete hose for power steering
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sureboykris(m): 6:35am On Nov 26, 2020
Good morning.

I saw a car scanner on Ali express and out of curiosity I bought it.

Used it on my vehicle and it produced a code P2413 Exhaust system recirculation performance.

I strongly doubt the quality of the scanner cause I expected more codes to show (I'm a huge novice though). My check light, caution light, VTM4-VSA light, ABS light and TPMS are all on.

Please what's the implication of this code?
Can I trust the scanner?
What do I need to work on?

I've taken the car to be scanned by an "expert" in the past and he said he'll clear everything and after wasting my time, the lights are still there.

I'm still searching for another "expert"

Thank you

HONDA PILOT 2007
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sureboykris(m): 6:35am On Nov 26, 2020
luvinhubby:

8, If your car is missing fire then do the following:

Nice one...

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by olaboyeh(m): 8:54am On Nov 26, 2020
MrHeff:
boss! Were you able to get one?

Nope eventually did oyingbo
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Namzy(m): 11:10am On Nov 26, 2020
sureboykris:
Good morning.

Used it on my vehicle and it produced a code P2413 Exhaust system recirculation performance.

I strongly doubt the quality of the scanner cause I expected more codes to show (I'm a huge novice though). My check light, caution light, VTM4-VSA light, ABS light and TPMS are all on.

Can I trust the scanner?

I've taken the car to be scanned by an "expert" in the past and he said he'll clear everything and after wasting my time, the lights are still there.

Thank you

HONDA PILOT 2007
If you don't fix the underlying problem the light even if wiped off will come back on. Your scanner might be the cheap ones that only scans engine codes and even some engine codes can make multiple lights come on. Try fixing the code you found ist before looking for other problems
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by otabuko(m): 11:42am On Nov 26, 2020
sirleke:
threshold bank 1

Some1 should help out.

Thanks

Observation no 4. 02/16 isn't 2nd month of 2016. It is 2nd week of 2016.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 12:03pm On Nov 26, 2020
sureboykris:
Good morning.

Can I trust the scanner?

Thank you

HONDA PILOT 2007
A severed ABS sensor or module is responsible for the Vtm-4 & abs light.

The last vulcanizer that repaired your tyres may damaged your tyres pressure sensor
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by captainking(m): 12:12pm On Nov 26, 2020
sirleke:
threshold bank 1

Some1 should help out.

Thanks
For p0420...if your o
02 sensors are confirmed OK.. It means your catalyst is almost gone.. Contact gazzuzz to order for the 02 sensor spacer that has mini catalyst in it... It will clear that code.

As for your idle air.. I think your iacv might be the culprit.. Not sure shaaa.. Let the experts comment on this

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Uyi213: 12:26pm On Nov 26, 2020
Please how much is Honda EOD engine. And is there someone that is trusted here that can help me look into my engine please. The lights come up during ignition but it does start. It only cranks. I am in Lagos Isolo
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by MrHeff(m): 2:58pm On Nov 26, 2020
olaboyeh:

Nope eventually did oyingbo
what was the experience like please? Were they able to get the car back to top condition?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by DivyaRose: 5:01pm On Nov 26, 2020
Good day everyone,

Kindly assist..... My 2008 Honda Civic ABS light goes on and off

When it’s OFF, I feel vibration on the brake pedal when I match brake
When it’s ON I don’t feel the vibration when I match the brake

Below is the scan report

4 Antilock Braking System Codes:

11 Wheel Speed Sensor circuit failure or signal rationality: Front right failure
13 Wheel Speed Sensor circuit failure or signal rationality: Front left failure
21 Pulser and Sensor failure: Front Right incorrect signal
61 Power supply voltage failure information: Low or High Voltage

Kindly advice
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sureboykris(m): 5:19pm On Nov 26, 2020
Namzy:

If you don't fix the underlying problem the light even if wiped off will come back on. Your scanner might be the cheap ones that only scans engine codes and even some engine codes can make multiple lights come on. Try fixing the code you found ist before looking for other problems

Namzy wanted to chat you up but realized I didn't have your number ...How do I fix the problem ?. Thanks ....
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sureboykris(m): 5:21pm On Nov 26, 2020
luvinhubby:

A severed ABS sensor or module is responsible for the Vtm-4 & abs light.

The last vulcanizer that repaired your tyres may damaged your tyres pressure sensor

Can these things be replaced ?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sirleke(m): 5:33am On Nov 27, 2020
captainking:

For p0420...if your o
02 sensors are confirmed OK.. It means your catalyst is almost gone.. Contact gazzuzz to order for the 02 sensor spacer that has mini catalyst in it... It will clear that code.

As for your idle air.. I think your iacv might be the culprit.. Not sure shaaa.. Let the experts comment on this
thank u boss

Alrdy in talk with him.....

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 1:36pm On Nov 27, 2020
sureboykris:

Can these things be replaced ?
Yes
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by whatstheFUZZ(m): 4:02pm On Nov 27, 2020
Erm... I normally use Oando synthetic motor oil for my Honda Accord 2008. But recently I looked for it and couldn't get it so I opted for Total quartz 7000 synthetic oil. Please from the pros in the house... Did I make the right choice?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by afrobaby(f): 2:03pm On Nov 29, 2020
afrobaby:

How much is the sensor please

@luvinhubby
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by PhardFarm: 3:13pm On Nov 29, 2020
Good afternoon house, I have Honda baby boy, i notice it jerks whenever it changes from gear 2 to 3. The oil has been changed and the sensor serviced but it still does the same thing.
Please what could be the cause?

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.