Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,639 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (894602 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by obinnanelson4(m): 11:36pm On Dec 05, 2020
Good evening to you all. My electrician said I have damaged sona switch that I should change the whole kick starter assembly. Pls any one with useful idea or experience about it as well as price of belgium or new. its my little 92/95 honda civic automatic drive.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 7:22am On Dec 06, 2020
sirleke:
if u don't mind,I have 1 around Alakia...

Dunno why Radautos, Gazzuzz n co don't have annexes in ibadan

No franchisee yet we can vouch for and who can honor our warranties. We're searching though.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Dhejy7: 10:26am On Dec 06, 2020
I have a new Holstein Honda camshaft sensor 2CAM0127 for sale at an affordable rate. Can check this thread for more info

https://www.nairaland.com/6298443/new-honda-camshaft-sensor-holstein
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by iclass1: 11:39am On Dec 06, 2020
Good afternoon my people, please I need anyone that can connect me to someone in Oyingbo market that sells good honda engine...CRV 2004 precisely. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sirleke(m): 11:58am On Dec 06, 2020
radautoworks:

No franchisee yet we can vouch for and who can honor our warranties. We're searching though.
we r waiting
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by madgoat(m): 1:28pm On Dec 06, 2020
ahmstrng:

Please i need your recommendation for my accord 2010. I want to change the head lamp bulbs to these modern brighter led ones. But u dont know what to check for on AliExpress. Please. If you have any idea on what to search for online. Cause i want to get it myself. The local prices here are too high. And I’ll prefer ordering and fixing it myself here. So please. What brand or make. Or type should i look for. I keep seeing diff types with fan and without fan. I await your response.

I am also interested in this. I want to also change the lights on my Accord 2010. Plz when u get a name/brand plz mention me. My rewire was advising i dont change the lights because the LED lights will be bright but wont shine far.
How much did the local prices go for?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by madgoat(m): 1:32pm On Dec 06, 2020
Agent8706:
Good morning house. Greetings to all the bosses. Please I need some expert opinion and advice on my Honda Accord 2007 3.0 V6 model before I go visiting my Kazeem.

A friend of mine was test running the car and literally floored the accelerator from stand still, we noticed a serious lag in time engaging from first gear to the next as the car accelerated. When I drive normally I don't feel the delay in engaging gears but when I floor the accelerator, it moves but lags like 3 to 5 seconds before engaging the next gear, what could be the problem?

There is nothing wrong with the gear. Thats the way it's supposed to work. When u accelerate hard, it changes at a higher RPM than when driving normally.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by madgoat(m): 1:37pm On Dec 06, 2020
danjaD:
Please where can I get recommended transmission oil for my 2000 Honda baby boy. I learnt atf z-1 is the recommended oil, but I can't find it here in Minna Niger State. Please can anyone tell me if there is an alternative oil to it

Plz dont buy ATF-Z1. Honda has stopped producing that oil for years and anyone u see in the market now is fake. Go for Honda DW1. That's the one being produced now.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ahmstrng(m): 1:58pm On Dec 06, 2020
madgoat:

I am also interested in this. I want to also change the lights on my Accord 2010. Plz when u get a name/brand plz mention me. My rewire was advising i dont change the lights because the LED lights will be bright but wont shine far.
How much did the local prices go for?
Still searching for a brand i can look for on ali. Since i can get better prices there. Locally here. Its 4k per pack. And each pack contains 2 bulb
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ollykay619(m): 3:44pm On Dec 06, 2020
sirleke:
if u don't mind,I have 1 around Alakia...

Does he deal with Toyota too?

If yes, please I would like to have his contact
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by danjaD(m): 3:47pm On Dec 06, 2020
madgoat:

Plz dont buy ATF-Z1. Honda has stopped producing that oil for years and anyone u see in the market now is fake. Go for Honda DW1. That's the one being produced now.
. Ok sir, thanks alot. I'll check around for it. But incase I can't find it here, do you know any alternatives to it?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:08pm On Dec 06, 2020
danjaD:
. Ok sir, thanks alot. I'll check around for it. But incase I can't find it here, do you know any alternatives to it?

Get a very good DextronIII, preferably an Oando DextronIII

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 10:22pm On Dec 06, 2020
@ ahmstrng

See, don’t waste your money buying any of those HID bulbs and stuff. They will look fine when you stand in front of your car and view them but when you’re driving inside in the night you won’t see far and potholes would be invisible when you’re on high speed.

Instead...

Search for jdm inspire uc1 headlights. Saber (white) or Kouki (black) and buy any pair. The low beams alone are ballasts and light up your way and it makes your ride look cool too. You don’t need to use high beams except to ‘flash’ oncoming drivers.

They are rare and pricey but I recommend them especially if you’re in need of decent visibility in the road at night. I bought a pair for N50k (used) and haven’t regretted it.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ahmstrng(m): 10:28pm On Dec 06, 2020
Conner44:

@ ahmstrng

See, don’t waste your money buying any of those HID bulbs and stuff. They will look fine when you stand in front of your car and view them but when you’re driving inside in the night you won’t see far and potholes would be invisible when you’re on high speed.

Instead...

Search for jdm inspire uc1 headlights. Saber (white) or Kouki (black) and buy any pair. The low beams alone are ballasts and light up your way and it makes your ride look cool too. You don’t need to use high beams except to ‘flash’ oncoming drivers.

They are rare and pricey but I recommend them especially if you’re in need of decent visibility in the road at night. I bought a pair for N50k (used) and haven’t regretted it.
You got that for the 2010 accord? Care to share more pictures ?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 10:33pm On Dec 06, 2020
ahmstrng:

You got that for the 2010 accord? Care to share more pictures ?

Sorry it’s only for the 2003-2007 accords. Night pics not mine but it looks something like that.

2010 accords should have their own JDM Inspire versions, you should check out their own headlights too.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ahmstrng(m): 10:47pm On Dec 06, 2020
Conner44:

Sorry it’s only for the 2003-2007 accords. Night pics not mine but it looks something like that.

2010 accords should have their own JDM Inspire versions, you should check out their own headlights too.
What can i search for on ali express. I need like a model name or something
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 11:01pm On Dec 06, 2020
ahmstrng:

What can i search for on ali express. I need like a model name or something

Just search for 8th gen Honda inspire headlights on eBay/Amazon/aliexpress etc. Your own should look like below but it’s rare to see it too.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ahmstrng(m): 11:23pm On Dec 06, 2020
Conner44:

Just search for 8th gen Honda inspire headlights on eBay/Amazon/aliexpress etc. Your own should look like below but it’s rare to see it too.
Ok. Just saw some on AliExpress and i have to say. They are expensive. Yeeesh. Costs at least 300$. For full led headlamp.
If they have it locally available. It might be cheaper to get the tokunbo
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sholarb(m): 12:27am On Dec 07, 2020
ahmstrng:

Ok. Just saw some on AliExpress and i have to say. They are expensive. Yeeesh. Costs at least 300$. For full led headlamp.
If they have it locally available. It might be cheaper to get the tokunbo

Well...I currently have C6 HID lights on my Accord 2010 low beam. It cost me 5K back then, impressive at night, each has a cooling fan and does not require a ballast. Just ensure your headlights are clear and not foggy.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 12:53am On Dec 07, 2020
sholarb:

Well...I currently have C6 HID lights on my Accord 2010 low beam. It cost me 5K back then, impressive at night, each has a cooling fan and does not require a ballast. Just ensure your headlights are clear and not foggy.

They don't see far ahead as factory specified 9006 type halogen bulbs because of their beam patterns and directions.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sholarb(m): 1:45am On Dec 07, 2020
kingreign:

They don't see far ahead as factory specified 9006 type halogen bulbs because of their beam patterns and directions.

True...it is recommended for use as low beams. Like i stated earlier, I use it on my low beam and it is very appropriate...sees clearly. My high beam remains stock halogen for a reason.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sirleke(m): 4:21am On Dec 07, 2020
ollykay619:

Does he deal with Toyota too?

If yes, please I would like to have his contact
sure!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:25am On Dec 07, 2020
Conner44:

These landed at almost 300k

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 8:33am On Dec 07, 2020
Chai! Oh boy see beams kiss

Gazzuzz ... aren’t you ashamed of ‘not disappointing’ every time at all? embarassed

Be calming down naw lol
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:36am On Dec 07, 2020
Conner44:
Chai! Oh boy see beams kiss

Gazzuzz ... aren’t you ashamed of ‘not disappointing’ every time at all? embarassed

Be calming down naw lol

Unrelated, but that's how we roll cool

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:42am On Dec 07, 2020
sholarb:

HID lights without the projector is a bad idea. You're losing lighting performance.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ahmstrng(m): 8:43am On Dec 07, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

These landed at almost 300k
Knew it would cost an arm and a leg
But on ali. These types goes for around 200 to 300$
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:51am On Dec 07, 2020
ahmstrng:

Knew it would cost an arm and a leg
But on ali. These types goes for around 200 to 300$

These came on eBay, a lot of advantages . Ali de scam too much

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by madgoat(m): 2:16pm On Dec 07, 2020
luvinhubby:

Get a very good DextronIII, preferably an Oando DextronIII

Plz can this Dextron 111 also be used on Honda Accocd 2010?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sureboykris(m): 9:35am On Dec 08, 2020
Good morning

Please after browsing the code I found on my car I saw EGR valve whatever... Please what's the cost of changing it.?

What could make my "grin" light blink continously while driving?

I don't know if it's a crime to own a Honda. One day one trouble

Luvinhubby please help me with your contact. Can't seem to find it

Honda Pilot 2007
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ollykay619(m): 11:18am On Dec 08, 2020
sirleke:
sure!
Please share his contact
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sirleke(m): 2:36pm On Dec 08, 2020
ollykay619:

Please share his contact
09065536792 simply tell him from Leke

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.