Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,437 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (889159 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:23pm On Jan 05, 2021
radautoworks:

No harm done for one oil change. Just use recommended going forward. FYI your car does not require synthetic oil so you can use even a good conventional 5w20 if you choose.

@dru23 come and see o grin

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by FineUsername(m): 4:00pm On Jan 05, 2021
radautoworks:

No harm done for one oil change. Just use recommended going forward. FYI your car does not require synthetic oil so you can use even a good conventional 5w20 if you choose.

Much thanks. I appreciate. cool

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ahmstrng(m): 5:23pm On Jan 05, 2021
Please i need help. These lights suddenly all came on after parking the car for a while. It wasnt like this before. The VSA LIGHT. BRAKE LIGHT(even after the hand brake is dropped and the ABS light. Accord 2010
cc:
Gazzuzz
Radautoworks
Nurey
Kingreign

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 5:50pm On Jan 05, 2021
markpenk:
Unfortunately, I'm currently in Ibadan. Do you know any solid technician here?

Hullo Sir,

If you still need help in Ibadan, dial my mecho on 08038001922. His workshop's at New Bodija.

The top possibilities include:
1) A slow leak somewhere along your brake lines.

2) Air in the brake fluid circuit.

3) Failing master brake cylinder or vacuum assist system (servo).

Try to sort it out ASAP. You don't wanna be in an accident due to brake failure (I sincerely hope not).

Cheers!!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 5:51pm On Jan 05, 2021
ahmstrng:
Please i need help. These lights suddenly all came on after parking the car for a while. It wasnt like this before. The VSA LIGHT. BRAKE LIGHT(even after the hand brake is dropped and the ABS light. Accord 2010
cc:
Gazzuzz
Radautoworks
Nurey
Kingreign

What recent repairs or service have you done on the car?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ahmstrng(m): 6:00pm On Jan 05, 2021
kingreign:

What recent repairs or service have you done on the car?
I asked a rewire to remove the fan relay (qazeems) did. And return it to factory default. Thats when those lights started appearing
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adeinfinit(m): 10:21pm On Jan 05, 2021
Good evening all. I cleaned my Honda Civic 07 throttle body and noticed a rough idle afterwards, the rpm goes up when I change gear to P or R and also sometimes when in motion. Any suggestions on how to make the rpm stable?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by SpeedRacer(m): 10:24pm On Jan 05, 2021
09 accord light upgrade in a bit

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by SpeedRacer(m): 10:34pm On Jan 05, 2021
Slickleo:
Greetings all PL is dis Mobil super 2000 5w30 good to service 2008 Honda Civic r18 tokunbo

Gazzuzz
Nurey
Kingreign

Been using since last year April. No issues , I also run uber with the vehicle 09 accord I4 o change oil between 3500 to 4500 miles
Tge light iusually comes on around 3000 miles if I do city driving, if I do highway driving the light comes up around 400 miles .
I've also experienced little or zero oil burn , the car came with a bad engine which I replaced April 2020 and since then I've had no issues.
I also wanted to use 5w20 but the price and considering how quick I make up the numbers made me use 5w30 semi synthetic.
Some months I change oil twice if I drive really hard
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sholarb(m): 1:29am On Jan 06, 2021
kingreign:

Did he install a very good working unit?
Did he bleed all 4 channels?
Is your ABS light on?

That said, the 08 upwards brakes aren't anywhere near the 03-07 in terms of sharp response.

The 8th gen accord uses Electronic Braking Proportioning that improves braking compared to earlier generations mentioned. The rear pads on 8th gen does alot/most of the braking thereby reducing distance and eliminating nose dive...zero nose dive!

Many owners are ignorant and do not pay attention to the rear calipers/pads and therefore loose braking power. Hence, I run heavy duty dot4 fluid, service with brake caliper lube, I also use Honda OEM pads with v-springs installed. Once, I feel a little nose dive....I know its time for brake job.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by cluewebhost(m): 3:11am On Jan 06, 2021
ahmstrng:
cc:
Gazzuzz
Radautoworks
Nurey
Kingreign

Are there rats were you parked it?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 6:57am On Jan 06, 2021
ahmstrng:

I asked a rewire to remove the fan relay (qazeems) did. And return it to factory default. Thats when those lights started appearing

Those have nothing to do with the lights. I'd say check your fuses and relays, if all are good, scan and post codes we shall respond accordingly.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 6:58am On Jan 06, 2021
sholarb:

The 8th gen accord uses Electronic Braking Proportioning that improves braking compared to earlier generations mentioned. The rear pads on 8th gen does alot/most of the braking thereby reducing distance and eliminating nose dive...zero nose dive!

Many owners are ignorant and do not pay attention to the rear calipers/pads and therefore loose braking power. Hence, I run heavy duty dot4 fluid, service with brake caliper lube, I also use Honda OEM pads with v-springs installed. Once, I feel a little nose dive....I know its time for brake job.

Accord 8th gen are also known to go thru their brake pads very quickly. There's a lawsuit for that. The issue was corrected in 2010.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Galil: 11:15am On Jan 06, 2021
nellyball:
Gurus in the house, Please I need a competent technician that can help me work on my honda civic 2008 AC. I was told i need to change the compressor and the condenser after spending about 12k fixing leakage pipe (but worked for only 2 days). How much can I budget for the compressor and condenser?

Also, whenever the level of my fuel move to like 20% (based on gauging system) while driving, the throttle will stop accelerating. I will have to pull over and restart the engine to fire up again but if I am running on a full tank, such will not be experience. Some technician told me i need to cleanup the tank (NOTE: I have changed my fuel pump twice), while some confirm it is an electrical issue...

Kindly assist with a vital solution my able gurus. This is my first car and I am not enjoying the experience at all.

cc:
Gazzuzz
Radautoworks
Nurey
Kingreign
Compressor shouldn't be more than 25k, changed mine 2 weeks ago.
Condenser too should be between 15-17k

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Slickleo: 4:52pm On Jan 06, 2021
SpeedRacer:

Been using since last year April. No issues , I also run uber with the vehicle 09 accord I4 o change oil between 3500 to 4500 miles
Tge light iusually comes on around 3000 miles if I do city driving, if I do highway driving the light comes up around 400 miles .
I've also experienced little or zero oil burn , the car came with a bad engine which I replaced April 2020 and since then I've had no issues.
I also wanted to use 5w20 but the price and considering how quick I make up the numbers made me use 5w30 semi synthetic.
Some months I change oil twice if I drive really hard
10x currently using the mobil super 2000 5w30 and it's performance is satisfactory

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by SpeedRacer(m): 5:33pm On Jan 06, 2021
sholarb:

Thanks a lot
I will check the rear callipers on my next oil change..
I
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by SpeedRacer(m): 5:37pm On Jan 06, 2021
Good day house, I have tpms light on ,on my accord 8gen , normally I won't be bothered but the other day I got stuck in sand and I tried to disable VSA but the car wouldn't let me.
I just read today that VSa is Tied ro the tpms.
I have a launch Creader 8 but it cant scan tpms.
I would need assiatnce on scanning my tpms.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sholarb(m): 8:52pm On Jan 06, 2021
kingreign:

Accord 8th gen are also known to go thru their brake pads very quickly. There's a lawsuit for that. The issue was corrected in 2010.

True, premature wear of the rear pads. However, this can be prevented by:

1. Swapping the rear caliper slider pins (top to bottom, bottom to top) and/or
2. Installing v-springs

I did both despite I drive a 2010.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sholarb(m): 9:02pm On Jan 06, 2021
SpeedRacer:

Thanks a lot
I will check the rear callipers on my next oil change..

Focus on the slider pins and rubber boots; the pins should move freely and the rubber boots should not be cut or swollen. Use brake lube not the regular grease. Regular grease will heat up and become sticky. Apply lube to caliper pins, clips, edges of brake pad mounts and back of brake pads.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Structuralman: 4:25pm On Jan 07, 2021
Good day everyone,
Please my car drinks a lot of fuel. I have scanned the car the results made me take the following steps.

1. Catalyst was fixed into the exhaust.
2. Oxygen sensor which was previously absent was added.

However there was no change in the fuel consumption. It still consumes a lot of fuel. Half tank can barely take me from Berger to Ajah and back. Please help a fellow brother ohh.
I drive Honda Accord 2003 model.

cc:
Gazzuzz
Radautoworks
Nurey
Kingreign
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kingdemu: 5:50pm On Jan 07, 2021
Structuralman:
Good day everyone,
Please my car drinks a lot of fuel. I have scanned the car the results made me take the following steps.

However there was no change in the fuel consumption. It still consumes a lot of fuel. Half tank can barely take me from Berger to Ajah and back. Please help a fellow brother ohh.

cc:
Gazzuzz
Radautoworks
Nurey
Kingreign

Post the scan results
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Structuralman: 10:23pm On Jan 07, 2021
Kingdemu:
Post the scan results

There were just two error codes.
1. Catalyst
2. Oxygen sensor
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by steevy(m): 1:10am On Jan 08, 2021
Structuralman:
Good day everyone,

cc:
Gazzuzz
Radautoworks
Nurey
Kingreign

Guage the air in your tyres.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sirleke(m): 6:39am On Jan 08, 2021
Good morning house

Please I need ur take on Honda City 09 manual transmission
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Namzy(m): 12:43pm On Jan 08, 2021
Structuralman:

There were just two error codes.
1. Catalyst
2. Oxygen sensor
Fuel trims?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by SpeedRacer(m): 12:46pm On Jan 08, 2021
sholarb:

Focus on the slider pins and rubber boots; the pins should move freely and the rubber boots should not be cut or swollen. Use brake lube not the regular grease. Regular grease will heat up and become sticky. Apply lube to caliper pins, clips, edges of brake pad mounts and back of brake pads.

Thanks a lot
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Structuralman: 3:00pm On Jan 08, 2021
Namzy:

Fuel trims?

Don't understand. Please what do you mean by fuel trims?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Namzy(m): 3:39pm On Jan 08, 2021
Structuralman:

Don't understand. Please what do you mean by fuel trims?
You can check live data on obd2 scanner that supports it and for long and short term fuel trim levels. It will give you an idea of whether your car is adding or removing fuel.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ugreat(m): 3:51pm On Jan 08, 2021
Please guys, can I use 'blue gum' to seal the fuel pump area of my 99 CRV(recommended by a me hanic)? I sometimes perceive fuel odour when I'm driving. The odour is embarrassing

The pump was formerly packed with tyre tubes which has worn out. When the packings were in order,I rarely perceive the odour. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by captainking(m): 9:29pm On Jan 08, 2021
Structuralman:
Good day everyone,

cc:
Gazzuzz
Radautoworks
Nurey
Kingreign

When you fixed the o2 sensor and catalyst..did the code clear?? If it dint clear.. That means.. The o2 sensor you used ain't working.. And the catalyst too.

Post the exact codes you got..

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 1:07pm On Jan 09, 2021
sirleke:
Good morning house

Please I need ur take on Honda City 09 manual transmission
Wise choice anyday
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by steevy(m): 9:45pm On Jan 10, 2021
Good day everyone,

I need advice with my 4 plugs 07 Accord.

I serviced my car with the recommended 5w20 Honda oil in preparation for a trip to the east. On getting to the east from Lagos, my oil didn't guage the next day.

Had to top it up with one gallon of the 20w50 I could find. On getting back to Lagos, oil is short and doesn't guage again. No leaks under the car.

Advices please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: speedfreak(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.