Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (271) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (889642 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 11:01pm On Dec 08, 2020
sureboykris:
Good morning

Please after browsing the code I found on my car I saw EGR valve whatever... Please what's the cost of changing it.?

What could make my "grin" light blink continously while driving?

I don't know if it's a crime to own a Honda. One day one trouble

Luvinhubby please help me with your contact. Can't seem to find it

Honda Pilot 2007
Check my signature
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by TemmyDayo50(m): 7:19am On Dec 09, 2020
Good morning. Please I use an Honda accord 2007 with v6 engine. Lately, I noticed that when the transmission(gear) has worked for a long time and is hot, it starts misbehaving when selecting. It blinks and then won't select perfectly or won't even select at all. But if I'm doing City driving without going on a journey, it doesn't do that. It only does that when I'm on a journey and I've driven it for a while. What could be the cause please?

Note: It only does this when it's hot and is on a journey. Once I switch it off and on again even immediately, it resets and select normal for a little while and it starts misbehaving again after some few minutes.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Uyi213: 11:47am On Dec 09, 2020
How much can one ring Honda eod engine. Mechanic day bill me 50k
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ksmart027(m): 11:56am On Dec 09, 2020
Uyi213:
How much can one ring Honda eod engine. Mechanic day bill me 50k
Buy another engine and save yourself from stress.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Uyi213: 6:04pm On Dec 09, 2020
ksmart027:

Buy another engine and save yourself from stress.

I can’t afford another engine
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dgitrader(m): 4:49pm On Dec 10, 2020
Uyi213:

Hidden cost and followup cost could take your mechanics price up to additional 20k(he won't tell u).

Save up, buy another engine as advised earlier. A ringed engine ( based on cost saving) has no guarantee, no matter what

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ksmart027(m): 5:19pm On Dec 10, 2020
Uyi213:

Ok, i wish you best of luck
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 2:53pm On Dec 11, 2020
Uyi213:

Save up and buy another engine

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dicksonadams(m): 11:33am On Dec 12, 2020
luvinhubby:

Save up and buy another engine

How much come be new toks engine?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by madgoat(m): 4:46pm On Dec 12, 2020
TemmyDayo50:
Good morning. Please I use an Honda accord 2007 with v6 engine. Lately, I noticed that when the transmission(gear) has worked for a long time and is hot, it starts misbehaving when selecting. It blinks and then won't select perfectly or won't even select at all. But if I'm doing City driving without going on a journey, it doesn't do that. It only does that when I'm on a journey and I've driven it for a while. What could be the cause please?

Note: It only does this when it's hot and is on a journey. Once I switch it off and on again even immediately, it resets and select normal for a little while and it starts misbehaving again after some few minutes.

Tell mechanic to check if ur cooler lines are in place. Thats the pipe between the transmission and the radiator. I guess your transmission is over heating
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sureboykris(m): 6:33pm On Dec 12, 2020
luvinhubby:

Check my signature

Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inagbe1: 11:20pm On Dec 12, 2020
Good evening folks, please what could cause shortening of oil in a 2008 CRV and what are the possible solutions.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nellyball(m): 3:27pm On Dec 14, 2020
Good Afternoon gurus. Please I have an Honda civic 2008 with some annoying issues. This include AC blowing hot after i spent 10k fixing the suppose leakage pipe as well as vehicle going off in motion. I have taken it to 2 diff mechanics, they both suggest i change the fuel pump and filter which i did. After driving for like 100klm, same issue reoccur. Currently, my gear indicator on the dashboard is showing about 3 gear light at a time (N-red signal, D- blinking green, D3 - Green light). This occur when the transmission is on drive (D) or gear 3 (D3)... Please help me out
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Synkells: 6:31pm On Dec 14, 2020
Hello Gurus in the house.

Please i have an 08 Pilot with P0161 code after scanning and suggest the O2 sensor is bad. My question now is how to know which of the sensors and does the Pilot have more than 1 O2 sensor?

Any idea of the cost to buy the sensor, i am based in Lagos, i don't mind whether tokunbo or a new one.

Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by History001: 8:16pm On Dec 14, 2020
Hello guys,

Pls I drive a civic 2006. For a while now have been having this reoccuring issue on the car. The car is always idling at over 1500rps. And when i put it on drive it start speeding up immediately even without stepping on gas. It runs so fast that i mostly use break to move within town.

The second issue is whenever the engine is hot, the car wont accelerate as it should, even if i pressed the throttle to the last it only climbs slowly. This is even worse on a hill. It is so bad that if i dont approach the hill with a higher speed, it will stall while climbing. I took it to my mechanic and was asked to replace the fuel pump and injector mouth. Both of these parts cost me 22k.

After replacing both parts, the problems still persist. I took the car for scanning and after the guy was done, the idlung dropped to below 1000rvs..i think its around 800 to 900rvs now. Which is abit beta. But for the second issue(lack of accelerating when engine is hot), the problem seem to have changed since the scanning. What i now observe is that, it fires as it should, and moves as a normal car should, but occasionally, when i start the car, the firing fails. But when i off and on again it picks, unlike the former case where it doesnt pickup when i off and on. Formerly I wont pick untill the car is cold, but now it picks up once i off and switch on immediately, weda engine is cold or hot.

Please anyone with an idea of what is doing my car and how to parmanently fix it? I have spend over 30k just on this issue this past weeks; money that should have gone towards xmas celebrations oo.

SORRY FOR THE LONG WRITEUPS AND ANY ERROR THEREIN.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by wave1(m): 8:51pm On Dec 14, 2020
Check your coil.
History001:
Hello guys,

Pls I drive a civic 2006. For a while now have been having this reoccuring issue on the car. The car is always idling at over 1500rps. And when i put it on drive it start speeding up immediately even without stepping on gas. It runs so fast that i mostly use break to move within town.

The second issue is whenever the engine is hot, the car wont accelerate as it should, even if i pressed the throttle to the last it only climbs slowly. This is even worse on a hill. It is so bad that if i dont approach the hill with a higher speed, it will stall while climbing. I took it to my mechanic and was asked to replace the fuel pump and injector mouth. Both of these parts cost me 22k.

After replacing both parts, the problems still persist. I took the car for scanning and after the guy was done, the idlung dropped to below 1000rvs..i think its around 800 to 900rvs now. Which is abit beta. But for the second issue(lack of accelerating when engine is hot), the problem seem to have changed since the scanning. What i now observe is that, it fires as it should, and moves as a normal car should, but occasionally, when i start the car, the firing fails. But when i off and on again it picks, unlike the former case where it doesnt pickup when i off and on. Formerly I wont pick untill the car is cold, but now it picks up once i off and switch on immediately, weda engine is cold or hot.

Please anyone with an idea of what is doing my car and how to parmanently fix it? I have spend over 30k just on this issue this past weeks; money that should have gone towards xmas celebrations oo.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Besto(m): 8:51pm On Dec 14, 2020
History001:
Hello guys,

Truth be told that's how this car behaves, Your issue boils down to brain box.

Then the weak engine power when your engine is hot, probably a burnt gasket or your cooling system.

Your engine is meant to loss power when it's overheating.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ochima75(m): 1:41pm On Dec 15, 2020
Please I need this part for my gearbox. Preferably an original brand new or grade 1 tokunbo
Car: 2003 honda accord

Please if you don't have a good one, ignore. You can see it's two i snapped there, i just got one and it's worse than the one i changed sef

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ochima75(m): 1:49pm On Dec 15, 2020
History001:
Hello guys,

Scan your car if there's a trouble code. But from your explanation, I'm suspecting your IDACV(idle air control valve) is faulty. Hence the high revs and not stabilizing. Normally during a cold start up, your car runs in open loop to attain the needed temperature for the engine to run smoothly so after a while it's supposed to normalise to close loop and rev comes down. So if it doesn't due to a bad idacv it can be done manually by blocking one of the valves (not advisable, because your car can either be underpowered or overpowered because the slow running will need to be adjusted manually) The IDACV is usually located underneath your throttle body, REPLACE if it's faulty, it'll cause all this things you are experiencing, So visit YouTube for more information.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by madgoat(m): 11:25pm On Dec 15, 2020
nellyball:
Good Afternoon gurus. Please I have an Honda civic 2008 with some annoying issues. This include AC blowing hot after i spent 10k fixing the suppose leakage pipe as well as vehicle going off in motion. I have taken it to 2 diff mechanics, they both suggest i change the fuel pump and filter which i did. After driving for like 100klm, same issue reoccur. Currently, my gear indicator on the dashboard is showing about 3 gear light at a time (N-red signal, D- blinking green, D3 - Green light). This occur when the transmission is on drive (D) or gear 3 (D3)... Please help me out

Seems ur gear us going bad. When last did u change the transmission fluid? U may need to ask a mechanic to service ur transmission
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by SpeedRacer(m): 12:53am On Dec 16, 2020
Good day people, I have a 2009 accord I replaced fromt and rear engine seats and now my car vibrates badly. I once bought a new engine seat for the one that carries the transmission and I also had terrible vibratins then till I threw away the new engine seat I bought and found a tokunbo replacement which was very scare and the problem went away .now it's back after changing both front and rear engine mounts ..
The rear engine seat they claim is tokunbo, but the front is brand new.
Please any suggestions on how to solve the vibrations?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by SpeedRacer(m): 12:57am On Dec 16, 2020
madgoat:

I am also interested in this. I want to also change the lights on my Accord 2010. Plz when u get a name/brand plz mention me. My rewire was advising i dont change the lights because the LED lights will be bright but wont shine far.
How much did the local prices go for?
I will be doing something similar to mine but I won't be using LED bulbs . I'll be installing Hella HID bi xenon projectors with hid bulbs.
Did the same on my corolla .
The vision you ger at night is unbelievable
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by chijioke17(m): 6:20am On Dec 16, 2020
SpeedRacer:

I will be doing something similar to mine but I won't be using LED bulbs . I'll be installing Hella HID bi xenon projectors with hid bulbs.
Did the same on my corolla .
The vision you ger at night is unbelievable
Please what's the cost
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by SpeedRacer(m): 9:37am On Dec 16, 2020
chijioke17:

Please what's the cost

Around 20k give or take for the hella projectors, koito is cheaper but not as bright as hella .that's what I had on my corolla.
Then you will need a good HID kit that's all
HID kit depending on quality should be around 10k give or take .
I will be ordering my lenses next week , should have done it sooner but this economy and dollar no be here .I will also be adding angel eyes to mine so the cost will go up .
You need to be a hit handy with tools because you will need to open the lights up to install the projector .
Look at the images attached

1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by chijioke17(m): 10:24am On Dec 16, 2020
SpeedRacer:

Around 20k give or take for the hella projectors, koito is cheaper but not as bright as hella .that's what I had on my corolla.
Then you will need a good HID kit that's all
HID kit depending on quality should be around 10k give or take .
I will be ordering my lenses next week , should have done it sooner but this economy and dollar no be here .I will also be adding angel eyes to mine so the cost will go up .
You need to be a hit handy with tools because you will need to open the lights up to install the projector .
Look at the images attached

Is this universal, cos mine is an 09 civic
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by SpeedRacer(m): 3:23pm On Dec 16, 2020
chijioke17:

Is this universal, cos mine is an 09 civic

Yes they are
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by chijioke17(m): 4:42pm On Dec 16, 2020
SpeedRacer:

Yes they are
Alright, thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by hopey8088(m): 5:35pm On Dec 16, 2020
Guys please my baby boy is drinking fuel, i have given it to my rewire who has spent more than a week on it to no avail,please any idea on the cause or possible solution would be much appreciated.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 11:51pm On Dec 17, 2020
Besto:

Truth be told that's how this car behaves, Your issue boils down to brain box.

Then the weak engine power when your engine is hot, probably a burnt gasket or your cooling system.

Your engine is meant to loss power when it's overheating.
REFUND MY MONEY BACK
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Besto(m): 12:09am On Dec 18, 2020
Henrymorre:
REFUND MY MONEY BACK
If you can't make a public apology, then keep whining.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 12:11am On Dec 18, 2020
Besto:

If you can't make a public apology, then keep whining.
Between me and you, who will make public apology.. dont make me call u scammer again oo. refund my money..
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by biomedixexcel(m): 11:31am On Dec 18, 2020
Pls how much is Honda Civic Shock absorber

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.