Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (892816 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:31pm On Feb 24, 2022
Matter of refurbished engines being sold as tokunbo has reached a pandemic level in our parts market.

Sixty percent of the engines in the market now are most likely refurbished.

God help us

5 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Dozieson(m): 10:57pm On Feb 24, 2022
luvinhubby:
Matter of refurbished engines being sold as tokunbo has reached a pandemic level in our parts market.

Sixty percent of the engines in the market now are most likely refurbished.

God help us

Amen! This is alarming.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by zed7: 10:24pm On Feb 25, 2022
So 2013 accord upwards has GDI engines? I was running from a Sonata and went and jumped into fire.

Now I'm having p0087 code common with the new Honda GDI engines.

From diagnosis, I know its likely a fuel pump issue. The problem is knowing if its the fuel pump in the tank or high fuel pump in the engine.

Please I need help and shared experiences and possible price of both pumps.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Dozieson(m): 8:55am On Feb 26, 2022
zed7:
So 2013 accord upwards has GDI engines? I was running from a Sonata and went and jumped into fire.

From diagnosis, I know its likely a fuel pump issue. The problem is knowing if its the fuel pump in the tank or high fuel pump in the engine.

Honda using GDI engines?
I thought Honda is an engine manufacturer.
I fear the cost of these GDi engines which is in Kia and Hyundai
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dcole73: 11:02am On Feb 26, 2022
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:13pm On Feb 26, 2022
zed7:

Most new generation auto makers are switching to gdi engines in other to reduce emission and maximize power output

Most likely the fuel pump high up on the engine
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by zed7: 7:41pm On Feb 26, 2022
luvinhubby:

Most new generation auto makers are switching to gdi engines in other to reduce emission and maximize power output

Most likely the fuel pump high up on the engine
Thanks, I think it might be the High pressure fuel pump.
If I'd known, I'd have stayed far away from GDI

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by otbaba: 5:33pm On Feb 27, 2022
I suspect Fuel Pump issue on my Honda City 2006

Happy Sunday to our highly esteemed engineers and gurus in the house.I thank you all for always being there to help us. Your help saved my Honda City 2006 from Transmission Issue couple of weeks ago. Thank you once again.
Please does Honda City 2006 select fuel pump? I noticed 4 days ago that when you press the gas pedal say at 60km/h the speed tends to reduce, at times it 'feels' as though it's moves backwards before moving forward, then the speedometer can just return to zero abruptly and unable to move for seconds as if it's switched off yet it isn't off, then it comes up as you press the gas pedal again. I called my Mechanic, he said it's Fuel pump, he changed it and changed the filter too. The one he removed was a Toyota Pump which means it has been changed before. After the changing, he said it's not working well and he he had to try like 2 different pumps. But after I received it, I noticed now you feel a shaking on the steering which becomes pronounced if you keep pressing the gas pedal which happens when mostly on gears, 4 ,5 and 6. I noticed before long it has gotten to gear 7 and it hardly returns back to gear 2. You stop feeling the shaking when you remove your leg from the gas pedal. At times while driving you feel a lose of power despite pressing the gas pedal and this makes it so difficult to overtake. I just changed the oil thinking perhaps it's the reason for the lose in power but after the mechanic worked on it, the supposed fuel pump isn't resolved.
What do you suggest please? My Mechanic doesn't know what next to do. He needs to be instructed. I need help please.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Dozieson(m): 6:16pm On Feb 27, 2022
otbaba:

Happy Sunday to our highly esteemed engineers and gurus in the house.I thank you all for always being there to help us. Your help saved my Honda City 2006 from Transmission Issue couple of weeks ago. Thank you once again.
Please does Honda City 2006 select fuel pump? I noticed 4 days ago that when you press the gas pedal say at 60km/h the speed tends to reduce, at times it 'feels' as though it's moves backwards before moving forward, then the speedometer can just return to zero abruptly and unable to move for seconds as if it's switched off yet it isn't off, then it comes up as you press the gas pedal again. I called my Mechanic, he said it's Fuel pump, he changed it and changed the filter too. The one he removed was a Toyota Pump which means it has been changed before. After the changing, he said it's not working well and he he had to try like 2 different pumps. But after I received it, I noticed now you feel a shaking on the steering which becomes pronounced if you keep pressing the gas pedal which happens when mostly on gears, 4 ,5 and 6. I noticed before long it has gotten to gear 7 and it hardly returns back to gear 2. You stop feeling the shaking when you remove your leg from the gas pedal. At times while driving you feel a lose of power despite pressing the gas pedal and this makes it so difficult to overtake. I just changed the oil thinking perhaps it's the reason for the lose in power but after the mechanic worked on it, the supposed fuel pump isn't resolved.
What do you suggest please? My Mechanic doesn't know what next to do. He needs to be instructed. I need help please.

Scan scan scan your car to know if the problem is actually the fuel pump
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by KelvinCoaster(m): 2:04pm On Feb 28, 2022
Dozieson:

Scan scan scan your car to know if the problem is actually the fuel pump
Good advice!

Scanning the car would give an accurate diagnosis.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jceesquare(m): 2:33pm On Feb 28, 2022
otbaba:

I suspect you drive a CVT at bolded.
Kindly scan the car to know what's wrong with it.
Also ask your mechanic to check the CV axles, and the entire wheels for the vibration if it's persistent at a certain speed regardless of gear position (alignment and balancing inclusive) just in case it's a mechanical fault with the wheels and suspension system that might not throw up any code.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by honda001: 6:23pm On Feb 28, 2022
Please,help am having issues with my honda accord dc during driving

If you applied throttle pedal either on drive or reverse, RPM pointer raised but car does not move. There are two plugs attached to the gear changer/sensor/brain box...car drives well when its is unplug but would not be able to changed gear.

Mechanic have replaced gear changer/ sensor/brain box yet same issues persists . The car was scanned and reported good transmission system.

Please, assist.as am really confused.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Originakalokalo(m): 9:07pm On Feb 28, 2022
Thank you everyone for your contributions towards this thread.

I have learned a lot.

The interior of my car gets hot when the engine is hot.

Moreso, the plastic cover around the gear lever area and the other sides.of the Plasti in front in the cabin gets so warm to the touch.

This happens after driving for a while...when the engine is hot.

is it normal?

I feel the heat from the engine is causing this....

Is there an insulator or something that should prevent this?

Kindly help please.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by CjEmmar(m): 6:56pm On Mar 01, 2022
sylvez:

I am currently facing a similar but more severe issue.

I am also a first time car owner, here are my issues:

1. Got a 2008 Nigerian used honda accord car on 22nd Dec 2021 for N1.8m
2. I went with a friend who has been driving honda cars for over 11yrs, he brought his mechanic that has been fixing his car for over seven years.
3. Him and the mechanic confirmed the car ok before I paid, though the car was making noise but the car dealer convinced us that it was just a catalyst that we need to buy.
4. The mechanic drove the car to his workshop to do the necessary servicing and to fix the catalyst, I transferred 120k to him to buy and change everything necessary, he checked the legs, fixed new catalyst, changed the tires and changed oil using 5W-30 oil since we could not get the 5w-20.
5. After servicing the car that same day, the noise reduced but still loud, the car also vibrate on ac and on idle, I took the car back to the mechanic, he was afraid to tell me that it is an engine problem.
6. So I called the car dealer, he brought his mechanic and they confirmed that the noise is coming from the oil pump and top, I gave him 50k to change it on 28th December 2021.
7. On 20th January 2022 the same sound returned, this time it was louder, I took it to the mechanic and it was the oil pump again, this time, the price of oil pump has increased because I went with them to buy it myself, I spent 60k to fix the oil pump again on 25th Jan 2022
8. Fast forward to yesterday, 6th Feb 2022, the sound returned again.
9. Today 7th January 2022, I took it to the same mechanic, he said the parts seller sold bad oil pump to me that I should tell him to change it for me, the parts dealer is insisting that the oil pump he sold to me was ok.
9. The parts dealer brought his mechanic, they call the Mechanic 'Awilo' at Willoughby here at Oyingbo, Awilo said that he'll have to dismantle the engine in order to confirm every fault with the car, but he's suspecting that the crankshaft will be bad, that I should budget N200k.
10. I went back to the mechanic, and he advised me that I should not allow them to dismantle the engine that he is very sure that the problem is the oil pump.
10. With all the repairs that has been going on, the car still make a very loud vibration except when on motion, the ac cools well only when on motion or when the weather is cold i.e morning and evening time

Dear Nairalanders, I am regretting the fact that I used my money to go and buy wahala worth N1.8m, you guys should please help me with what I can do. I live around Oyingbo, Lagos.

Good evening sir, I must say that I know how you feel because I was in a similar situation.
One thing you must know is that, Honda is a very reliable and dependable car.
If you want to enjoy your car, save up and buy a tokunbo engine.

When I bought my car, I had issue with the alternator, battery, acceleration, the car will go off while driving engine was smoking, ac issue and all this issue started manifesting after a month of use.

I luckily met a mechanic who told me to change the engine when the car broke down at redeem camp.

After changing the engine up till today, I am enjoying my car and this is my seven months use after changing the engine.

I can recommend the guy who sold the engine at ladipo and the mechanic who worked on mounting the new engine.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by gogventures: 8:50pm On Mar 01, 2022
Conner44:

Hello everyone,
Pls I need advise and counsel about the problem with my Honda accord EOD 2004.
1. The raising does not go beyond 3000
2. The gear delay in shifr and when it shift it jerk
3. Sometimes it won't shift at all, I have to wait a while before it will pick again even after I was advice to change the oil to DW1 and I did the problem still persist

4. It jerk when I shift to reverse
Pls how do I solve this problems?
Most scanners can scan only the engine and few can scan the gearbox. Make sure you use a good scan tool that can read codes from both the engine and gearbox of your car
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Igemburg(m): 7:26am On Mar 02, 2022
It's like Honda Civics are not as problematic as accords
When I was using EOD, my eye saw fire, but since I changed to civic 09 about a year ago, If I have to visit mechanic, it's either leg work or servicing.

No error codes at all, very strong and reliable.

MY THOUGHTS SHA OOO

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Dozieson(m): 11:06am On Mar 02, 2022
Igemburg:
It's like Honda Civics are not as problematic as accords
When I was using EOD, my eye saw fire, but since I changed to civic 09 about a year ago, If I have to visit mechanic, it's either leg work or servicing.

No error codes at all, very strong and reliable.

MY THOUGHTS SHA OOO

I will need to consider civic
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tobisunday(m): 5:04pm On Mar 02, 2022
I'm also thinking of getting a civic what's ur take on using civic for Uber. Civic 06 - 09.

Any particular problem to those models of civic?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by baba4thegehs: 7:29pm On Mar 02, 2022
Hello everyone.

My recently took my Accord 07 to my mechanic to service I typically use Total for servicing.

He bought the car back and on my way to work this morning I noticed the D- Drive blinking and some funny sounds when I match the break, note he also changed the breakpads

I took it back to him for a scan for the first time and man the error codes where a lot.

From transmission to engine etc.

He doesn't even know what these codes means undecided

Please see attached image

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:31pm On Mar 02, 2022
baba4thegehs:
Hello everyone.

My recently took my Accord 07 to my mechanic to service I typically use Total for servicing.

He bought the car back and on my way to work this morning I noticed the D- Drive blinking and some funny sounds when I match the break, note he also changed the breakpads

I took it back to him for a scan for the first time and man the error codes where a lot.

From transmission to engine etc.

He doesn't even know what these codes means undecided

Please see attached image

The serious codes there are shift solenoid and gear 2 switch.
Avoid driving car for now, get a good gear rewire to check the transmission switch, shift control solenoid and gear 2 switch.

Other ones are regular 'customers' with Honda.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by justifiedcoyy(m): 9:35pm On Mar 02, 2022
Good evening all, my Honda Civic 02 has the D light blinking and sometimes gives a small "gbi" sound while driving. I scanned and got the following codes.

P0715 - input shaft (main shaft) speed censor failure

P0730 - Incorrect Gear ratio

kindly advise on how to solve this issue
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by baba4thegehs: 10:51pm On Mar 02, 2022
luvinhubby:

The serious codes there are shift solenoid and gear 2 switch.
Avoid driving car for now, get a good gear rewire to check the transmission switch, shift control solenoid and gear 2 switch.

Other ones are regular 'customers' with Honda.

Funny thing is I just changed the gearbox.

It worked fine for 3 months until he did the servicing.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 4:22am On Mar 03, 2022
justifiedcoyy:
Good evening all, my Honda Civic 02 has the D light blinking and sometimes gives a small "gbi" sound while driving. I scanned and got the following codes.

P0715 - input shaft (main shaft) speed censor failure

P0730 - Incorrect Gear ratio

kindly advise on how to solve this issue

Replace the input shaft speed sensor, drive and scan again, if code persists, save for another gear

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tobisunday(m): 5:43am On Mar 03, 2022
luvinhubby:

Replace the input shaft speed sensor, drive and scan again, if code persists, save for another gear

Luvinhubby good morning pls help I intend getting a ride for Uber aside corolla I'm thinking of getting a civic will it do the work? I'm thinking of going for the 8th generation civic ( 06 - 09). Or I should opt for Toyota yaris?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by crusufixo(m): 9:04am On Mar 03, 2022
Good morning all,I drive a manual Honda 03 crv and the driver's side front tyre pulled out this morning. I was just fortunate that it happened at the gate of my apartment. I however managed to drive it out of the way and parked fairly okay by my street. Now been driving this car for four year now and any time I hear a sound from the tyre ( even the faintest of sound ), I have it checked immediately for fear of the tyre pulling out. But this did not give any sign at all. This makes me wonder that there might not be a sign for it to happen after all . The mechanic came around and told me that I was very lucky. So for all you Honda user, just keep checking the ball joints of the tyres at close intervals.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by crusufixo(m): 4:12pm On Mar 03, 2022
crusufixo:

Good morning all,I drive a manual Honda 03 crv and the driver's side front tyre pulled out this morning. I was just fortunate that it happened at the gate of my apartment. I however managed to drive it out of the way and parked fairly okay by my street. Now been driving this car for four year now and any time I hear a sound from the tyre ( even the faintest of sound ), I have it checked immediately for fear of the tyre pulling out. But this did not give any sign at all. This makes me wonder that there might not be a sign for it to happen after all . The mechanic came around and told me that I was very lucky. So for all you Honda user, just keep checking the ball joints of the tyres at close intervals.

Update.......

So my mechanic has fixed the ball joint and it cost me 7k. This was because I was lucky it happened at the gate of my premises. So to all my fellow Honda users, please check the ball joints at close intervals....

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by honda001: 6:44pm On Mar 03, 2022
Honda accord 2007 gear "D" blinking and car start and drive
Occasionally during driving ,when throttle is engaged RPM rises but car wont move until after sometimes. And the cycle continues.

Scan indicates good transmission but some error codes pop out.
65-02 (p0141)
41-05 (p0135)
B1140
11-01

Please help.
F3-11
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by KelvinCoaster(m): 1:11pm On Mar 07, 2022
crusufixo:

There was a sign that lasted for several days but you ignored it.
When you're on motion,there is a vibration under your pedal like a zzzzzz!!
That's a sign of bad ball joint,it can last for even 2 weeks.
You were expecting to hear an elaborate sound like kpakpakpa or kpokpokpo!!
There is no problem in Honda that doesn't give a sign!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by crusufixo(m): 1:30pm On Mar 07, 2022
KelvinCoaster:

There was a sign that lasted for several days but you ignored it.
When you're on motion,there is a vibration under your pedal like a zzzzzz!!
That's a sign of bad ball joint,it can last for even 2 weeks.
You were expecting to hear an elaborate sound like kpakpakpa or kpokpokpo!!
There is no problem in Honda that doesn't give a sign!

But I thought the sound ought to come from the tyre area. Am hearing about this pedal sound for the first time. I have a very sharp sense of hearing, and am not sure I picked up this petal sound you are talking about. Like I said before, when I hear the faintest of sound around the tyre area,I check it immediately. This petal sound you mentioned is new to me. However, I have taken note of it. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:28pm On Mar 07, 2022
crusufixo:

But I thought the sound ought to come from the tyre area. Am hearing about this pedal sound for the first time. I have a very sharp sense of hearing, and am not sure I picked up this petal sound you are talking about. Like I said before, when I hear the faintest of sound around the tyre area,I check it immediately. This petal sound you mentioned is new to me. However, I have taken note of it. Thanks
well I have used more than 3 hondas and when ever the handling changes I inspect even though I no hear noise.the handling must change if you are observant.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by peaceland(m): 6:38pm On Mar 13, 2022
Good day dear all,
Honda Accord Ex 2009 automatic.
Noticed increased fuel consumption after changing my kick starter.
No check engine light, everything working well but fuel consumption crazy.
No leakage or blue smoke either.
Can one scan even when there is no check light?
Can scanning reveal the issue?
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.