Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (889338 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by hybeekhan(m): 10:04pm On Feb 01, 2022
Does anyone have an idea about the price and replacement of half block engine for accord 2004. 4 plug. Will it work fine?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 10:48pm On Feb 01, 2022
hybeekhan:
Does anyone have an idea about the price and replacement of half block engine for accord 2004. 4 plug. Will it work fine?

Full engine always better, as one cannot guarantee that your mecho will be meticulous enough to align and torque things to factory specifications. Usually, a service manual is needed to guide on this but we both know 9ja mechos nah. Beware!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Structuralman: 1:24am On Feb 02, 2022
hybeekhan:

Full engine is always better.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by KelvinCoaster(m): 2:04pm On Feb 03, 2022
hybeekhan:
It will work perfectly well.
Just ensure you employ the service of a good mechanic.

For the price,it's easy to enquire within your location. Visit some dealers and find out!!!

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by CoolKizzy(m): 1:11pm On Feb 04, 2022
Good day all, please how much for the engine for accord 2004. 4 plug.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Dozieson(m): 4:59pm On Feb 05, 2022
CoolKizzy:

No pass 150k

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by CoolKizzy(m): 7:54pm On Feb 05, 2022
Dozieson:

No pass 150k

Thanks ��
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:27pm On Feb 05, 2022
Dozieson:

No pass 150k

You are not current.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:27pm On Feb 05, 2022
CoolKizzy:
N200,000 for skeleton
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dadabashua1(m): 8:51pm On Feb 05, 2022
luvinhubby:

N200,000 for skeleton
my thoughts exactly, cos prices of EOD and DC engine has gone up badly. cheesy
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Dozieson(m): 10:55pm On Feb 05, 2022
luvinhubby:

N200,000 for skeleton

Omo!. Someone I met @ the mechanic workshop bought it 150k last year. So complete will be about 220-240k
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by CoolKizzy(m): 12:47am On Feb 06, 2022
luvinhubby:

N200,000 for skeleton

I called severally few days ago , you didn’t answer.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by biomedixexcel(m): 10:33am On Feb 07, 2022
Good morning and thanks for the good work here.

I have Honda Civic 2002 and I replaced the engine. Since I replaced the engine, I have changed brainbox because of many issues.

Now, the RPM is always high when engaged in gear but car does not move fast. Luke 3000 rpm whine speed is 30mile/h

This is also with noise as if something is dragging it back

Where it supposed to use gear 3, it will suddenly back to gear 1.

The engine too consumes fuel with black smoke when raised.

Done the scanning but no worrisome code.

Pls what's the issue
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Structuralman: 12:28pm On Feb 07, 2022
biomedixexcel:
Good morning and thanks for the good work here.

I have Honda Civic 2002 and I replaced the engine. Since I replaced the engine, I have changed brainbox because of many issues.

Now, the RPM is always high when engaged in gear but car does not move fast. Luke 3000 rpm whine speed is 30mile/h

This is also with noise as if something is dragging it back

Where it supposed to use gear 3, it will suddenly back to gear 1.

The engine too consumes fuel with black smoke when raised.

Done the scanning but no worrisome code.

Pls what's the issue

Share the codes even though you feel it's not worrisome.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by biomedixexcel(m): 1:37pm On Feb 07, 2022
Structuralman:

Share the codes even though you feel it's not worrisome.
Catalyst code and catalyst is not present in the car
knock code, this was cleared
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sylvez(m): 8:51pm On Feb 07, 2022
Greyhouston:
Hello everyone, first I must say it’s been very informative going through this thread, so thanks for all the tips and inputs!..so I bought my first car two weeks ago, it’s a Nigerian used 2009 Honda Accord and from what I’ve seen on YouTube I believe it’s an ‘LX’ trim. My friend and mechanic did my oil change and servicing one week ago and I’ve been very uncomfortable with how my car now drives. First, it’s this crazy revving when I start it (around 3000 rpm) takes a while for it to return to just a little below 2000 and when I engage the gear it comes down between 1200-1500. Now my concerns are
1. The rpm thing wasn’t an issue before the servicing, and I believe a servicing should help a car and not bring up stuff like this, right?
2. The car GULPS fuel! Way too much, because even though this is the first car I’ve owned, I’ve driven one before and it wasn’t even half this bad. Why is this? Because according to him the ‘catalyst’ is still present in the car. (He helped me buy the car)
3. I noticed he used an oil that says ‘5W-30 synthetic’ during the servicing, but on the engine cover ‘5W-20’ is inscribed there and I figured that what we should have gone with. Could that be a problem?
4. As an inexperienced first time owner of a vehicle, what mistakes might I have made and how do I not make decisions that’ll frustrate me in the future?

Thanks so much everyone and I look forward to your help and tips! God bless!

I am currently facing a similar but more severe issue.

I am also a first time car owner, here are my issues:

1. Got a 2008 Nigerian used honda accord car on 22nd Dec 2021 for N1.8m
2. I went with a friend who has been driving honda cars for over 11yrs, he brought his mechanic that has been fixing his car for over seven years.
3. Him and the mechanic confirmed the car ok before I paid, though the car was making noise but the car dealer convinced us that it was just a catalyst that we need to buy.
4. The mechanic drove the car to his workshop to do the necessary servicing and to fix the catalyst, I transferred 120k to him to buy and change everything necessary, he checked the legs, fixed new catalyst, changed the tires and changed oil using 5W-30 oil since we could not get the 5w-20.
5. After servicing the car that same day, the noise reduced but still loud, the car also vibrate on ac and on idle, I took the car back to the mechanic, he was afraid to tell me that it is an engine problem.
6. So I called the car dealer, he brought his mechanic and they confirmed that the noise is coming from the oil pump and top, I gave him 50k to change it on 28th December 2021.
7. On 20th January 2022 the same sound returned, this time it was louder, I took it to the mechanic and it was the oil pump again, this time, the price of oil pump has increased because I went with them to buy it myself, I spent 60k to fix the oil pump again on 25th Jan 2022
8. Fast forward to yesterday, 6th Feb 2022, the sound returned again.
9. Today 7th January 2022, I took it to the same mechanic, he said the parts seller sold bad oil pump to me that I should tell him to change it for me, the parts dealer is insisting that the oil pump he sold to me was ok.
9. The parts dealer brought his mechanic, they call the Mechanic 'Awilo' at Willoughby here at Oyingbo, Awilo said that he'll have to dismantle the engine in order to confirm every fault with the car, but he's suspecting that the crankshaft will be bad, that I should budget N200k.
10. I went back to the mechanic, and he advised me that I should not allow them to dismantle the engine that he is very sure that the problem is the oil pump.
10. With all the repairs that has been going on, the car still make a very loud vibration except when on motion, the ac cools well only when on motion or when the weather is cold i.e morning and evening time

Dear Nairalanders, I am regretting the fact that I used my money to go and buy wahala worth N1.8m, you guys should please help me with what I can do. I live around Oyingbo, Lagos.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Dozieson(m): 9:34pm On Feb 07, 2022
sylvez:

2. I went with a friend who has been driving honda cars for over 11yrs, he brought his mechanic that has been fixing his car for over seven years.
3. Him and the mechanic confirmed the car ok before I paid, though the car was making noise but the car dealer convinced us that it was just a catalyst that we need to buy.
4. The mechanic drove the car to his workshop to do the necessary servicing and to fix the catalyst, I transferred 120k to him to buy and change everything necessary, he checked the legs, fixed new catalyst, changed the tires and changed oil using 5W-30 oil since we could not get the 5w-20.
5. After servicing the car that same day, the noise reduced but still loud, the car also vibrate on ac and on idle, I took the car back to the mechanic, he was afraid to tell me that it is an engine problem.
6. So I called the car dealer, he brought his mechanic and they confirmed that the noise is coming from the oil pump and top, I gave him 50k to change it on 28th December 2021.
7. On 20th January 2022 the same sound returned, this time it was louder, I took it to the mechanic and it was the oil pump again, this time, the price of oil pump has increased because I went with them to buy it myself, I spent 60k to fix the oil pump again on 25th Jan 2022
9. Today 7th January 2022, I took it to the same mechanic, he said the parts seller sold bad oil pump to me that I should tell him to change it for me, the parts dealer is insisting that the oil pump he sold to me was ok.
9. The parts dealer brought his mechanic, they call the Mechanic 'Awilo' at Willoughby here at Oyingbo, Awilo said that he'll have to dismantle the engine in order to confirm every fault with the car, but he's suspecting that the crankshaft will be bad, that I should budget N200k.
10. I went back to the mechanic, and he advised me that I should not allow them to dismantle the engine that he is very sure that the problem is the oil pump.
10. With all the repairs that has been going on, the car still make a very loud vibration except when on motion, the ac cools well only when on motion or when the weather is cold i.e morning and evening time

Dear Nairalanders, I am regretting the fact that I used my money to go and buy wahala worth N1.8m, you guys should please help me with what I can do. I live around Oyingbo, Lagos.

Most Nigeria used cars are terrible. Except you will have to manage it and plan for a toks engine
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Jamie1000: 3:07am On Feb 08, 2022
sylvez:

Sorry. You have spent almost the amount for a direct Tokumbo. Once you have money, always buy direct. Most of these Naija used big cars are problem waiting to be transferred.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Dozieson(m): 5:41am On Feb 08, 2022
Jamie1000:

Sorry. You have spent almost the amount for a direct Tokumbo. Once you have money, always buy direct. Most of these Naija used big cars are problem waiting to be transferred.

Gbam!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 9:03am On Feb 08, 2022
sylvez:

I'm sorry about your experience. It's painful. I'd advise you stop fixing that engine and replace it when you can . You can reach out @luvinhubby when ready
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Aaaaarghmed(m): 9:08am On Feb 08, 2022
sylvez:

hope it was not a planned work, that accord is very reliable.you should have scanned it before you paid for it. But I understand that you relied on your friend.sorry for your experience.i suggest you give it to a better mech to diagnose it and you will know the specifics to fix or change.The mech should have a good scanner too.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sylvez(m): 10:05am On Feb 08, 2022
Collione:

I'm sorry about your experience. It's painful. I'd advise you stop fixing that engine and replace it when you can . You can reach out @luvinhubby when ready

Please how do I get his contacts
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Structuralman: 10:29am On Feb 08, 2022
sylvez:

Please how do I get his contacts

Check his profile/signature here on Nairaland
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by biomedixexcel(m): 11:48am On Feb 08, 2022
Can brainbox cause black smoke?
I technician changed the brainbox of my Honda civic, with jerking when engaged in gear and weak car movement and also key sign flashing on the dashboard with issue of black smoke. after paying 80k, the black smoke has not gone, he even discovered that gear switch was responsible for jerking and weak movement but now does it mean brainbox is weak or what is the issue with this black smoke. it is honda civic 2002
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ajaytobey24: 3:39pm On Feb 08, 2022
Good day, my adjuster is making noise and I have changed the belt adjuster bt the problem still persist..honda civic 06, thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ajbabs(m): 5:36pm On Feb 08, 2022
Please kindly help out.
Honda Stream will stall when move few kilometers.
I scanned it, it shows P0336 and P0344 codes.
I don't know what to do.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tess1(m): 5:50pm On Feb 08, 2022
Good evening Professionals.

My 200e Honda pilot is flashing D light, it was scanned and it brought up this code p1750 Transaxle control module a/t system fault.

Kindly advise on what best to do on it.

Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dayjeee(m): 8:33pm On Feb 08, 2022
need a a clean naija used honda civic from 2003 to 2006. Budget is 800k to 1m. Pls if you have available in lagos kindly let me know
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 8:53pm On Feb 08, 2022
biomedixexcel:
I technician changed the brainbox of my Honda civic, with jerking when engaged in gear and weak car movement and also key sign flashing on the dashboard with issue of black smoke. after paying 80k, the black smoke has not gone, he even discovered that gear switch was responsible for jerking and weak movement but now does it mean brainbox is weak or what is the issue with this black smoke. it is honda civic 2002

Scan the car and get the code. Then share please
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Peppermintflav: 10:30pm On Feb 08, 2022
biomedixexcel:
Did he scan the vehicle?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by biomedixexcel(m): 10:53pm On Feb 08, 2022
Peppermintflav:

Did he scan the vehicle?
I took the car to him again and he scan, the only code seeing is the Oxygen sensor and he said Oxygen sensor is useless when the car does not have catalyst in it
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Peppermintflav: 3:57am On Feb 09, 2022
biomedixexcel:

I took the car to him again and he scan, the only code seeing is the Oxygen sensor and he said Oxygen sensor is useless when the car does not have catalyst in it
Not true. Both have different work. The oxygen sensor is responsible for the black smoke. Change it.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.