Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (891315 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Zagee: 10:26pm On Jul 25, 2022
My old man needs a car to serve him in his retirement. Planning towards getting one after the General elections next year.
I'm here for advice on getting a Honda not greater than 1.7m.
Please kindly guide on maintenance cost. Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by petrusevents(m): 7:51am On Jul 26, 2022
Last week I change my fuel pump, change one of the six plug and also did service the car.
Den why driving yesterday I discover it was driving roughly and I did scan the car this morning.
And all this code pop up.
Pls what is the solutions to it.

Guru in the house pls help.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 12:47pm On Jul 26, 2022
petrusevents:
Last week I change my fuel pump, change one of the six plug and also did service the car.
Den why driving yesterday I discover it was driving roughly and I did scan the car this morning.

Well anyone in the house can correct me if I am wrong but I'd suspect your fuel pump first because it's rare for all cylinders to misfire at the same time. Try clearing your check engine light then drive around..if the code reappears then scan again just to be double sure
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Dozieson(m): 1:25pm On Jul 26, 2022
petrusevents:

These codes shows all plugs/coils are having issues.

Your mech should remove and reinstall them properly and rescan.

Did your car overheat? Could mean gasket is blown.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by petrusevents(m): 3:54pm On Jul 26, 2022
No overheating
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Namzy(m): 4:13pm On Jul 26, 2022
Collione:

Well anyone in the house can correct me if I am wrong but I'd suspect your fuel pump first because it's rare for all cylinders to misfire at the same time. Try clearing your check engine light then drive around..if the code reappears then scan again just to be double sure

You are right.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by SeyiJayden(m): 4:47pm On Jul 26, 2022
Good evening people what kind of engine oil can I use for my Honda Civic I just changed the engine
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 6:33pm On Jul 26, 2022
SeyiJayden:
Good evening people what kind of engine oil can I use for my Honda Civic I just changed the engine

Use 5w30 weight. buy a good brand.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by WycliffeSMB(m): 6:50pm On Jul 26, 2022
Good evening House ...
Please what is the Best kind of Engine oil to use for my 2001 Honda Odyssey?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by WycliffeSMB(m): 9:40pm On Jul 26, 2022
Pls I need tips for the Maintenance of Honda Odyssey 2001.

I got the car recently
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 11:44pm On Jul 26, 2022
WycliffeSMB:
Pls I need tips for the Maintenance of Honda Odyssey 2001.
I got the car recently

As a tokumbo or 9ja used?

If as tokumbo then use 5w20 but if as Nigerian used then ask the former owner what was used or just safely use the 20w50 weight of a good brand of oil.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by SeyiJayden(m): 6:56am On Jul 27, 2022
Conner44:

Hardex good?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by SeyiJayden(m): 6:57am On Jul 27, 2022
SeyiJayden:

I forgot to mention na 06

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by WycliffeSMB(m): 7:38am On Jul 27, 2022
Conner44:

As a tokumbo or 9ja used?

If as tokumbo then use 5w20 but if as Nigerian used then ask the former owner what was used or just safely use the 20w50 weight of a good brand of oil.

A Naija used Sir... But the former owner is a Nigerian based in the US.
He only used the vehicle anytime he's in Nigeria.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 8:14am On Jul 27, 2022
SeyiJayden:

Hardex good?

It’s better you buy that black cover mobil 2000 5w30 than use hardex
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 8:15am On Jul 27, 2022
WycliffeSMB:

A Naija used Sir... But the owner is a Nigerian based in the US.
He only uses the vehicle anytime he's in Nigeria.

Then buy the black cover mobil 2000 5w30 and use it then watch your oil level for that week to see if it burns or leaks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by WycliffeSMB(m): 9:44am On Jul 27, 2022
Conner44:

Then buy the black cover mobil 2000 5w30 and use it then watch your oil level for that week to see if it burns or leaks.
I meant the former Owner is A Nigerian Based in US.
I got the car from Him recently...
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Greatmatty: 9:21pm On Jul 27, 2022
Greatmatty:

Yes, there were improvements and the issue went away for a while before returning. You are correct here, he is not doing a very good job. I am tired of the trials and failing.
I checked online for replacement seals, showed him to confirm so i can order it on aliexpress, he disagreed and even suggested changing pump, then i realise it was a dead end. He may not understand the workings. I def need a better technician.
The hoses have not been tampered with, there are factory fitted.

@conner44
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by OutOnBail(m): 9:30pm On Jul 27, 2022
Lol! Dollar was N645 - N650 yesterday, today it's around N700. Your 1.7m today would be line N800k next year if not less

Zagee:
My old man needs a car to serve him in his retirement. Planning towards getting one after the General elections next year.
I'm here for advice on getting a Honda not greater than 1.7m.
Please kindly guide on maintenance cost. Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kay2dot(m): 9:41pm On Jul 27, 2022
Hello,

Please I need help on these codes for Honda Accord 2006.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 10:01pm On Jul 27, 2022
Greatmatty:

@conner44

Didn’t you read my last post concerning your issue?

Give your mechanic the stuff to fix once more and if he doesn’t do it properly it will be wise to buy another power steering pump at that point don’t you think?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 10:04pm On Jul 27, 2022
kay2dot:
Hello,

Please I need help on these codes for Honda Accord 2006.

Your vehicle might be missing its thermostat and it’s cooling fans are running directly from battery power.

Then, it’s like your oxygen sensors are both bad OR you have a smoky engine. If your engine doesn’t smoke then change both your O2 sensors.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 10:06pm On Jul 27, 2022
WycliffeSMB:
I meant the former Owner is A Nigerian Based in US.
I got the car from Him recently...

Then follow my recommendation, if the engine doesn’t smoke or short oil then you can switch to a higher end brand of oil like mobil1 5w30.

But for now try the one I told you of for one oil change interval of 3000kms and see how the vehicle behaves with it.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kay2dot(m): 10:15pm On Jul 27, 2022
Thanks for your response. The previous engine smoked and was replaced with tokunbo engine.

Can I have your contact details please. If you could help resolve the issues.

Sometimes the car jerk/slip forward when changing from gear 1 to 2 also do same when I put in reverse. I used Honda DW1

Conner44:

Your vehicle might be missing its thermostat and it’s cooling fans are running directly from battery power.

Then, it’s like your oxygen sensors are both bad OR you have a smoky engine. If your engine doesn’t smoke then change both your O2 sensors.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 10:34pm On Jul 27, 2022
kay2dot:
Thanks for your response. The previous engine smoked and was replaced with tokunbo engine.

Can I have your contact details please. If you could help resolve the issues.

Sometimes the car jerk/slip forward when changing from gear 1 to 2 also do same when I put in reverse. I used Honda DW1

How long ago was the tokumbo engine installed? If it wasn’t more than a month ago then I believe the smoke passing the exhaust from your former engine fouled up the O2 sensors and they will need some cleaning to be working well again. Or just driving normally with the new engine for some weeks might loosen up the oily debris fouling the sensors and they will be working fine again.

But

If you drove with the former smoking engine for years it might be that the sensors are damaged at this point and need to be replaced. First clean them and if they still throw codes then replace them. Highest N20k for both sensors. I hope you put your thermostat back into the tokumbo engine, because if you didn’t then expect your engine to start smoking soon and your oxygen sensors can never work well no matter if it’s new ones or the old ones.

Concerning your gearbox you need to give more information. A scan will help WITH A GOOD HIGH END SCANNER able to read transmission codes. How does it jerk? Does it jerk like ‘gbim’ when you put it into reverse the whole time or only when the engine is cold (when it’s first started after parking for a long time) ? When changing from gears 1-2 does it rev up high before changing with a jerk and does your tires ‘screech’ ? If your engine a 4 or 6 plugs?

Explain how the gearbox issues are affecting your drive so I have a picture of what’s going on.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kay2dot(m): 10:56pm On Jul 27, 2022
Conner44:

How long ago was the tokumbo engine installed? Almost 2 months now If it wasn’t more than a month ago then I believe the smoke passing the exhaust from your former engine fouled up the O2 sensors and they will need some cleaning to be working well again. Or just driving normally with the new engine for some weeks might loosen up the oily debris fouling the sensors and they will be working fine again.

But

If you drove with the former smoking engine for years it might be that the sensors are damaged at this point and need to be replaced. I don't know for how long it was driven with the smoking engine. I bought it 9ja used while the engine was replaced. First clean them and if they still throw codes then replace them. Highest N20k for both sensors. I hope you put your thermostat back into the tokumbo engine, Am not sure of this and I don't have a professional mechanic to confirm that yet. because if you didn’t then expect your engine to start smoking soon and your oxygen sensors can never work well no matter if it’s new ones or the old ones.

Concerning your gearbox you need to give more information. A scan will help WITH A GOOD HIGH END SCANNER able to read transmission codes. How does it jerk? Does it jerk like ‘gbim’ Yes gbim, the sound then reduced when the back engine seat was replaced. when you put it into reverse the whole time or only when the engine is cold (when it’s first started after parking for a long time) ? When it's first started, mostly in the morning. A mechanic serviced 2 switched (solenoid I gues) and reversed smoothly but symptoms persist the next day. When changing from gears 1-2 does it rev up high before changing with a jerk, yes it rev up high[/b]and does your tires ‘screech’ ? [b]NO If your engine a 4 or 6 plugs? 4 plugs

Explain how the gearbox issues are affecting your drive so I have a picture of what’s going on.
Sometimes when I slow down and accelerate again it will rev high and not move until I accelerate again
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mokset123: 2:55am On Jul 28, 2022
Conner44:

what do you think, in the past for oil servicing for my honda accord v6 2006, i have tried honda 5w20 oil, Mobil 1 5w30 for high mileage engines and recently I use fastron 5w20.
Do you think fastron 5w20 oil is good for servicing?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Millyyyyy: 7:58am On Jul 28, 2022
Good morning guys. How are we?

Please o, someone woke me up this morning that the fan of my Honda CR-V was working. By the time I got in, I noticed the radio lights and co were on, I tried starting the car but the battery had run down. However, immediately I put off the ignition, it stopped.

I’ve not driven the car in the a few days now cos the sump is leaking.

What could be happening pls?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by WycliffeSMB(m): 8:14am On Jul 28, 2022
Conner44:

Then follow my recommendation, if the engine doesn’t smoke or short oil then you can switch to a higher end brand of oil like mobil1 5w30.

But for now try the one I told you of for one oil change interval of 3000kms and see how the vehicle behaves with it.
Okay.
You mean I should try the 20w50 for now?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Greatmatty: 8:34am On Jul 28, 2022
Conner44:

Didn’t you read my last post concerning your issue?

Give your mechanic the stuff to fix once more and if he doesn’t do it properly it will be wise to buy another power steering pump at that point don’t you think?

Thanks boss.

I read your post and responded accordingly, you didn't read mine.

He might not get it right if he tries, I was hoping you recommend someone who has hands-on with such mechanism.

changing pump is this terrible economy, if it can be easily resolved is wiser. I guess

I appreciate.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 9:30am On Jul 28, 2022
WycliffeSMB:

Okay.
You mean I should try the 20w50 for now?

No no, go to mobil petrol station and buy the mobil 2000 5w30 the one with a black cover , use it for one oil change interval and observe the conditions of both the oil level and your engine performance.

Note that the 20w50 mobil XHP has a blue cover, don’t use this one. Use the one with a black cover.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 9:33am On Jul 28, 2022
Greatmatty:

Thanks boss.

I read your post and responded accordingly, you didn't read mine.

He might not get it right if he tries, I was hoping you recommend someone who has hands-on with such mechanism.

changing pump is this terrible economy, if it can be easily resolved is wiser. I guess

I appreciate.

No I don’t have anyone I can recommend but people repair these pumps at oyingbo or ladipo easily. I think the use of substandard/wrong seals was the issue with your prior rebuilds. If you could source the seals from Amazon/Aliexpress yourself and hand over to a mechanic to fix I bet you’d be happy with the results.

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.