Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,458 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (891309 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ArticleBeast: 8:10pm On Aug 04, 2022
Nadingo:
How much?
120-140k

Then use honda DW-1 transmission oil henceforth
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by madgoat(m): 8:19pm On Aug 04, 2022
Ochima75:

First off , it's eagle spirit not evil spirit.
2nd,for a Camry of same year. It's cheaper to maintain... The only thing that may cost more is the engine & gearbox... But comparing both 2010 camry & accord, the accord's engine is definitely cheaper.

Baba na evil spirit. Stop yarning rubbish

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by skywalker240(m): 12:17pm On Aug 06, 2022
madgoat:

Baba na evil spirit. Stop yarning rubbish
He's somehow right comrade

Eagle spirit it is.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by madgoat(m): 12:32pm On Aug 06, 2022
skywalker240:

He's somehow right comrade

Eagle spirit it is.

Nah boss... its evil spirit right from time but due to the over religious fanaticism of people, some started calling it eagle spirit or good spirit.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by skywalker240(m): 12:39pm On Aug 06, 2022
madgoat:

Nah boss... its evil spirit right from time but due to the over religious fanaticism of people, some started calling it eagle spirit or good spirit.
grin grin

Funny a older friend in his late 60s argued this same thing with a car dealer

We had to settle for the car dealer opinion eagle spirit
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 12:51pm On Aug 06, 2022
It’s actually eagle spirit because most traders who sell Honda parts call the eod/dc eagle eye

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by DanIduh06: 7:59pm On Aug 06, 2022
I'm looking for a manual Honda to buy
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sheantip(m): 11:26pm On Aug 06, 2022
DanIduh06:
I'm looking for a manual Honda to buy
I have a manual 04 accord
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by cmoney22222: 11:40am On Aug 07, 2022
Me from time I know it as evil spirit or anaconda. So the eagle part I don’t know where it’s coming from
madgoat:

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 11:46am On Aug 07, 2022
cmoney22222:
Me from time I know it as evil spirit or anaconda. So the eagle part I don’t know where it’s coming from

No mind them
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kingdemu: 12:31pm On Aug 07, 2022
cmoney22222:
You go fear religious folks nah. Na dat word "evil" them dey fear mek Satan no go dey enter their car with them cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by WycliffeSMB(m): 9:12am On Aug 08, 2022
Pls How much is the gearbox (4-speed) for Honda Odyssey 2001 model? A GOOD one!....and the estimated cost for fixing
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by accelion(m): 9:32am On Aug 08, 2022
Hello Guys, good morning.

Can I please use your recommendations on fixing my Honda Accord 2014 model issues?

Here goes:

1.The car jerks (lightly) when I accelerate from a halt or make a turn. I know it is supposed to pick up immediately after I turn, but it jerks/bounces before it eventually does. And this happens every time I accelerate.

2.There is a persistent scraping sound on the driver’s side of my car. I have investigated and found that the sound isn't from the tire or the “hand” of the vehicle; it comes from the inside—through the inner shaft to the gear.

I also discovered the following about the issue(2):

a).When both front tires are raised and the gear is put in drive, while the right tire keeps spinning, the left slowly and strangely comes to a halt.

b).If I take the tire off the driver’s side, I don't hear this sound except if if the wheel is manually spun. Can I say the tire’s weight is a causing effect.

c).I don't hear this scraping sound when the car is put in reverse.

3.When the car is in motion, instead of gradually coming to a halt, it sharply does and withdraws as something pulls it back. You’d feel it, and I'd have to rev again. Sometimes, when it seizes (withdraws), it will free itself.

Thank you, guys, as I await your response. I will be happy to respond to any questions you have to help.

I am currently at Oyingbo (as directed) to get the best hands to work on the car since all the parts I will need are here (supposedly).

If you also can refer a trustworthy engineer here (Willoughby), I will be happy.

Cheers.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 11:59am On Aug 08, 2022
accelion:
Hello Guys, good morning.

Can I please use your recommendations on fixing my Honda Accord 2014 model issues?

Here goes:

1.The car jerks (lightly) when I accelerate from a halt or make a turn. I know it is supposed to pick up immediately after I turn, but it jerks/bounces before it eventually does. And this happens every time I accelerate.

2.There is a persistent scraping sound on the driver’s side of my car. I have investigated and found that the sound isn't from the tire or the “hand” of the vehicle; it comes from the inside—through the inner shaft to the gear.

I also discovered the following about the issue(2):

a).When both front tires are raised and the gear is put in drive, while the right tire keeps spinning, the left slowly and strangely comes to a halt.

b).If I take the tire off the driver’s side, I don't hear this sound except if if the wheel is manually spun. Can I say the tire’s weight is a causing effect.

c).I don't hear this scraping sound when the car is put in reverse.

3.When the car is in motion, instead of gradually coming to a halt, it sharply does and withdraws as something pulls it back. You’d feel it, and I'd have to rev again. Sometimes, when it seizes (withdraws), it will free itself.

Thank you, guys, as I await your response. I will be happy to respond to any questions you have to help.

I am currently at Oyingbo (as directed) to get the best hands to work on the car since all the parts I will need are here (supposedly).

If you also can refer a trustworthy engineer here (Willoughby), I will be happy.

Cheers.

Do you have a check engine light? Before you do any work on that car please scan it. Pay someone to do a comprehensive scan of both your engine and gearbox.

Then for your wheel noise issue I believe it could be your brake caliper binding or wheel bearings Check them and service if necessary or change outrightly if indeed bad
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by accelion(m): 12:10pm On Aug 08, 2022
Thanks for the response, Conner44.

Do you have a check engine light?

No, I don't. I have also comprehensively scanned the engine and the gear, and both came out clear.

Break Caliper and wheel bearings?

They have both been checked repeatedly without any issues.

The mechanic I met here checked and said it had to do with the gear, as I guessed and thats the scary part.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 1:02pm On Aug 08, 2022
accelion:

No, I don't. I have also comprehensively scanned the engine and the gear, and both came out clear.

The mechanic I met here checked and said it had to do with the gear, as I guessed and thats the scary part.

If it’s truly the gear then your green D light should have been blinking/flashing even if it’s once. Since the scan came back clean (and your ecu was not reset) then maybe it should be the shafts. Get someone to look at that area before suspecting the gearbox
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 5:42pm On Aug 08, 2022
accelion:

Do not touch the gear box so long as you have no check engine light
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by YourHighTension: 7:35pm On Aug 08, 2022
Collione:

Scan your vehicle if it has the check engine light on. When you get the code please snap it or share the accurate codes here for assistance

here are the error codes..
1. TP Sensor (A) Voltage Low
2. HO2S (A/F Sensor) S1 AFS Line Voltage High
3. Baro Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Problem
4. Rocker Arm Oil Pressure Switch (A) Circuit Low Voltage
Please what does this mean?

Mechanic says he needs to change sensor/switch which he says costs 15k and another 10k for workmanship
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by WycliffeSMB(m): 8:54pm On Aug 08, 2022
WycliffeSMB:
Pls How much is the gearbox (4-speed) for Honda Odyssey 2001 model? A GOOD one!....and the estimated cost for fixing

Pls I need a response!!!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tobisunday(m): 9:24pm On Aug 08, 2022
accelion:

Chief please don't tamper with the gear box that's not the issue I have same issue some months ago .....I changed linkage,bushing and ball joints lo and behold the sound persist not until one small boy mechanic pointed out the issue to be spider bearings and after he changed it the noise disappeared.
Each bearing cost 1,500 for tokunbo I changed 3 of them for 4,500.
Since then na the small boy I dey work with o ... I'm preparing to change oil seal this week.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 6:56am On Aug 09, 2022
YourHighTension:

here are the error codes..
1. TP Sensor (A) Voltage Low
2. HO2S (A/F Sensor) S1 AFS Line Voltage High
3. Baro Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Problem
4. Rocker Arm Oil Pressure Switch (A) Circuit Low Voltage
Please what does this mean?

Mechanic says he needs to change sensor/switch which he says costs 15k and another 10k for workmanship

Now the issue you are experiencing is caused by the rocker arm sensor. Tell your mechanic to service it and ensure that the wires have no issues. If he does it and you test it, it should be rectified however if it continues then you need to replace it. Whenever the Rocker arm sensor fails you won't be able to over rev it will hook at 2k or max 3k rpm . If you force the rpm, the car will jerk as if you have gear problem but trust me your gear is fine.

You also need to meet a good qualified mechanic to find out what's wrong with your other sensors cos your car isn't performing optimally
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by accelion(m): 7:49am On Aug 09, 2022
Collione:

Do not touch the gear box so long as you have no check engine light

Okay, I won't. The gear selects just fine. It's just the terrifying scraping sound that's the problem.

Could the problem be with the gear oil being short or gone? I plan on checking it today (DIY).
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by accelion(m): 7:53am On Aug 09, 2022
tobisunday:

Chief please don't tamper with the gear box that's not the issue I have same issue some months ago .....I changed linkage,bushing and ball joints lo and behold the sound persist not until one small boy mechanic pointed out the issue to be spider bearings and after he changed it the noise disappeared.
Each bearing cost 1,500 for tokunbo I changed 3 of them for 4,500.
Since then na the small boy I dey work with o ... I'm preparing to change oil seal this week.

Good morning. Thanks for this information. I will ask my mechanic to check the spider bearing and see if that fixes the issue.

The noise is really giving me concern. Where is the “small boy” located? Do you mind sharing his details? I live around Ikeja environs in Lagos.

Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sandammy(m): 8:10am On Aug 09, 2022
Please I need help in fixing my car issues. It's a 2007 Civic, the European Model. I recently replymy ABS module because the old one was defective, after it caught fire.

My rewire retraced the ABS connector wires and rejoined them . Initially I left the ABS disconnected after the fire incident and discovered that discovered my 'D Light' was flashing, when I reconnected it, it stopped flashing.

Now the new one I recently replaced was working fine because my parking break light that was on the dashboard was working and my D light not flashing.

The issue I'm having now is that my D light is now flashing, and the parking break light permanently on the dashboard even without engaging the break

I scanned the car and it show code U0121. When I checked out this code online, it says there is no communication between my PCM and the ABS module.

Sometimes the handbrake light on the dashboard will go off, while the D light will still be flashing. When I off the engine, and restart it, the D light will also stop flashing but both will come back on the dashboard at the same time.

I tried reconnecting the ABS connector to the Old module I removed, my D light is still flashing. Remember it wasn't flashing even when the ABS module was burnt.

I need help in re-establishing the communication between my ABS module and the PCM.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 8:12am On Aug 09, 2022
accelion:

Good morning. Thanks for this information. I will ask my mechanic to check the spider bearing and see if that fixes the issue.

The noise is really giving me concern. Where is the “small boy” located? Do you mind sharing his details? I live around Ikeja environs in Lagos.

Thanks.

Well if all fails then you can try my mechanic at Ejigbo Lagos. He is really good luckily Ikeja isn't distant from ejigbo. You can call him at 08029741950 Aliu
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tobisunday(m): 8:50am On Aug 09, 2022
accelion:

Thanks.

Hes staying at satellite town,festac side I'm not sure if he'll be able to come to ikeja but here's his contact.

07040666899 moshood.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by accelion(m): 8:54am On Aug 09, 2022
Collione:

Well if all fails then you can try my mechanic at Ejigbo Lagos. He is really good luckily Ikeja isn't distant from ejigbo. You can call him at 08029741950

Thank you so much, @Collione, and @tobisunday, for the details shared. I will contact both of them to get their input and revert. I sincerely appreciate your time.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by quam9997(m): 11:32am On Aug 09, 2022
Morning house .. please what’s the recommended oil and oil filter for 2013 Honda Accord and where I can get it please.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 11:56am On Aug 09, 2022
quam9997:
Morning house .. please what’s the recommended oil and oil filter for 2013 Honda Accord and where I can get it please.

It uses 0w20 oil. Just get any original 0w20 engine oil. You can reach out to luvinhubby too
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by quam9997(m): 12:02pm On Aug 09, 2022
Collione:

It uses 0w20 oil. Just get any original 0w20 engine oil. You can reach out to luvinhubby too

That’s what I thought of too but I now realized that when I went to service it at Honda place they used SN 5W30.

Is it safe or can I still use that or I need to use the 0w20 back
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 12:30pm On Aug 09, 2022
quam9997:

That’s what I thought of too but I now realized that when I went to service it at Honda place they used SN 5W30.

Is it safe or can I still use that or I need to use the 0w20 back

5w30 though it isn't the recommend grade , it's not too far off so you can use it comfortably anytime you can't find 0w20. Basically you can use 5w30, 5w20, 0w30 but most preferably 0w20. In the future if you can't find 0w20, please look for 5w20 next then 0w30 then maximum 5w30 in this order . If you are in Lagos you can call 0703 166 2339 for your semi synthetic or fully synthetic fluid. He also does doorstep delivery
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dru23(m): 2:34pm On Aug 09, 2022
quam9997:

0w20........

We have it in the following .....

1. Pennzoil 26k
2. Castrol. 24k
3. Mobil 1. 28k...... 0w20 sold out
4. Super Tech 25k

0w20 is in very high demand..newer model cars are using them .........

Give us a call to place an order. 07036 726481

We are largest import of engine oil on nairaland .....

Below is our warehouse in the USA ......

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Grupo(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.