Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (891114 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sandammy(m): 5:15pm On Aug 09, 2022
sandammy:
Please I need help in fixing my car issues. It's a 2007 Civic, the European Model. I recently replymy ABS module because the old one was defective, after it caught fire.

My rewire retraced the ABS connector wires and rejoined them . Initially I left the ABS disconnected after the fire incident and discovered that discovered my 'D Light' was flashing, when I reconnected it, it stopped flashing.

Now the new one I recently replaced was working fine because my parking break light that was on the dashboard was working and my D light not flashing.

The issue I'm having now is that my D light is now flashing, and the parking break light permanently on the dashboard even without engaging the break

I scanned the car and it show code U0121. When I checked out this code online, it says there is no communication between my PCM and the ABS module.

Sometimes the handbrake light on the dashboard will go off, while the D light will still be flashing. When I off the engine, and restart it, the D light will also stop flashing but both will come back on the dashboard at the same time.

I tried reconnecting the ABS connector to the Old module I removed, my D light is still flashing. Remember it wasn't flashing even when the ABS module was burnt.

I need help in re-establishing the communication between my ABS module and the PCM.
Abeg make somebody come to my aid. This issue is driving me crazy.
Next week I'll be at oyingbo
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Dozieson(m): 5:50pm On Aug 09, 2022
sandammy:

Abeg make somebody come to my aid. This issue is driving me crazy.
Next week I'll be at oyingbo

You need a good rewire to check the wiring of the ABS to the PCM
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by DanIduh06: 8:33pm On Aug 09, 2022
sheantip:

I have a manual 04 accord

How do we further our discussion.

You can drop some details of the car here;
Mileage
Catalyst present or not
State of the leg
Engine (i4 or V6)
First body or painted.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by quam9997(m): 7:28am On Aug 10, 2022
Collione:

5w30 though it isn't the recommend grade , it's not too far off so you can use it comfortably anytime you can't find 0w20. Basically you can use 5w30, 5w20, 0w30 but most preferably 0w20. In the future if you can't find 0w20, please look for 5w20 next then 0w30 then maximum 5w30 in this order . If you are in Lagos you can call 0703 166 2339 for your semi synthetic or fully synthetic fluid. He also does doorstep delivery

Thank you very much .. I’ve gotten the Honda 0w20 motor oil from Luvin hubby so I’m going to service it this morning
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by quam9997(m): 7:31am On Aug 10, 2022
quam9997:

Thank you very much .. I’ve gotten the Honda 0w20 motor oil from Luvin hubby so I’m going to service it this morning

However, as I’m about to service my mechanic noticed a engine oil leakage and claims that the rubber around the place for the engine isn’t there hence why the leakage occurred. Then also my AC compressor is giving a weird sound and he said that’s bearing.

However I’ve scanned the car recently and it was clear.

Who has any idea what this is before I tell him to proceed to fixing.

Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sheantip(m): 8:48am On Aug 10, 2022
DanIduh06:

How do we further our discussion.

You can drop some details of the car here;
Mileage
Catalyst present or not
State of the leg
Engine (i4 or V6)
First body or painted.
081sixsix09threeseven8seven
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 9:03am On Aug 10, 2022
quam9997:

However, as I’m about to service my mechanic noticed a engine oil leakage and claims that the rubber around the place for the engine isn’t there hence why the leakage occurred. Then also my AC compressor is giving a weird sound and he said that’s bearing.

Thank you

What rubber? From my knowledge there’s only 2 types of ‘rubber’ where engine oil leakages could occur from.

There’s the front crankshaft oil seal and the rear crankshaft oil seal. The front is usually easier to replace and the one that leaks more often. They are both easy fixes only that the rear oil seal might require the engine to be brought down for replacement.

For your compressor bearing it can also be replaced too. Tell the mechanic to be careful with wires and sensors as he works.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 2:26pm On Aug 10, 2022
quam9997:

Thank you

Can you take a picture of the area?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Pelicanmedia: 3:22pm On Aug 10, 2022
How much to fix shift solenoid in Honda Accord 04.(EOD).

Been having delay in gear shift especially from 1. But after 1. It changes smoothly.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AndroidAI(m): 9:32pm On Aug 10, 2022
Hi guys. I want to join the family and have had an eye for Honda Accord. I just love the interior and exterior. So to get a foreign used Honda Accord 2013, what should be my budge, and what things should i look out for? Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by cmoney22222: 7:59am On Aug 11, 2022
AndroidAI:
Hi guys. I want to join the family and have had an eye for Honda Accord. I just love the interior and exterior. So to get a foreign used Honda Accord 2013, what should be my budge, and what things should i look out for? Thanks
bucget 5.5m from Nigerian dealers.Although I bought mine off the auction directly from iaai slightly accidental.. make sure the cats are present. Nice ride. Since owning this for about 10month now no issue. Servicing every 3 month with 30k
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AndroidAI(m): 8:28am On Aug 11, 2022
cmoney22222:
bucget 5.5m from Nigerian dealers.Although I bought mine off the auction directly from iaai slightly accidental.. make sure the cats are present. Nice ride. Since owning this for about 10month now no issue. Servicing every 3 month with 30k
Thanks for your comment. It's indeed a nice ride. I always turn twice whenever an accord pass me on the road.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 12:42pm On Aug 11, 2022
cmoney22222:

Please explain how you spend this amount every 90 days in servicing your vehicle. What and what do you do?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dadabashua1(m): 12:49pm On Aug 11, 2022
cmoney22222:
seriously doubt if 5.5 will get it now.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by cmoney22222: 4:44pm On Aug 11, 2022
Oil is 23k
Filter 4k
Servicer 3k

Once service spanner comes up, viola na to service am be that.

Again, every month issue Dey or no issue I take it to the Machanic for general check and I budget 10k for it. The way I love this car ehh.

Conner44:

Please explain how you spend this amount every 90 days in servicing your vehicle. What and what do you do?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 5:00pm On Aug 11, 2022
cmoney22222:
Oil is 23k
Filter 4k
Servicer 3k

Once service spanner comes up, viola na to service am be that.

Again, every month issue Dey or no issue I take it to the Machanic for general check and I budget 10k for it. The way I love this car ehh

Don’t worry, the car will love you back wink

High end synthetic oil costs around N30k
High grade conventional costs around N15k

Please what specific type of engine oil do you use that costs the N23k you usually spend in buying it?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by cmoney22222: 5:22pm On Aug 11, 2022
LIQUI MOLY Oil

Conner44:

Don’t worry, the car will love you back wink

High end synthetic oil costs around N30k
High grade conventional costs around N15k

Please what specific type of engine oil do you use that costs the N23k you usually spend in buying it?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 5:39pm On Aug 11, 2022
cmoney22222:
LIQUI MOLY Oil

It's your choice however liqui moly is too high end to be replaced every 3 months. This is what I do. If I buy a fully synthetic fluid that says 10k miles for example, I divide that value by two meaning I'll change my oil at 4000 or 5000 miles although I don't know how often you drive but I personally barely drive and I serviced my car since December 2021 and till now I'm yet to service my car cos IV only done 1600 miles and my oil is original supertech fully synthetic fluid. My advice is if you have a good grade oil like liqui moly , you can safely do 4k or even more miles without having to spend so much. But ultimately it's your choice. Always ensure you get a quality oil filter if you are the type that uses fluids for longer miles
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 6:53pm On Aug 11, 2022
cmoney22222:
LIQUI MOLY Oil

Awesome choice
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by cmoney22222: 7:29pm On Aug 11, 2022
Thanks sir
Collione:

It's your choice however liqui moly is too high end to be replaced every 3 months. This is what I do. If I buy a fully synthetic fluid that says 10k miles for example, I divide that value by two meaning I'll change my oil at 4000 or 5000 miles although I don't know how often you drive but I personally barely drive and I serviced my car since December 2021 and till now I'm yet to service my car cos IV only done 1600 miles and my oil is original supertech fully synthetic fluid. My advice is if you have a good grade oil like liqui moly , you can safely do 4k or even more miles without having to spend so much. But ultimately it's your choice. Always ensure you get a quality oil filter if you are the type that uses fluids for longer miles
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by cmoney22222: 7:29pm On Aug 11, 2022
Thanks sir

Conner44:

Awesome choice
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by quam9997(m): 8:37pm On Aug 11, 2022
Collione:

Can you take a picture of the area?

That’s the area I noticed the leakage and where he said rubber is.

Then for the bearing .. Yh he told me if can replaced but I’d like to have an idea of the cost of the rubber and also the bearing.

Lastly, my AC has stopped cooling and he was saying it’s the Clutch that’s affected.

Really sorry for disturbing the house as this is my first ride and I’m not really experienced when it comes to car issues

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by quam9997(m): 8:41pm On Aug 11, 2022
Conner44:

What rubber? From my knowledge there’s only 2 types of ‘rubber’ where engine oil leakages could occur from.

There’s the front crankshaft oil seal and the rear crankshaft oil seal. The front is usually easier to replace and the one that leaks more often. They are both easy fixes only that the rear oil seal might require the engine to be brought down for replacement.

For your compressor bearing it can also be replaced too. Tell the mechanic to be careful with wires and sensors as he works.

I think it’s the front own ..

Then for the bearing .. Yh he told me it can replaced but I’d like to have an idea of the cost of the rubber and also the bearing.

Lastly, my AC has stopped cooling and he was saying it’s the Clutch that’s affected.

Really sorry for disturbing the house as this is my first ride and I’m not really experienced when it comes to car issues
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:06pm On Aug 11, 2022
quam9997:

Then for the bearing .. Yh he told me if can replaced but I’d like to have an idea of the cost of the rubber and also the bearing.

Valve cover seal is leaking - 3k
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 9:26pm On Aug 11, 2022
quam9997:

I think it’s the front own ..

Then for the bearing .. Yh he told me it can replaced but I’d like to have an idea of the cost of the rubber and also the bearing.

Lastly, my AC has stopped cooling and he was saying it’s the Clutch that’s affected

I don’t know the cost of those items but they are relatively not expensive. As luvinhubby said that’s your valve cover seal. Buy it from him and change it so you don’t have any leaks from there again.

As for your ac not cooling , it can not be your clutch. Maybe there’s a leak somewhere in the system.

If it’s your clutch then when you press the AC button on your dash the compressor will not work. If the AC compressor button isn’t working then it could either be your clutch or the AC fuse that’s bad.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by frebor(m): 9:50pm On Aug 11, 2022
quam9997:

PCV valve too, check if it's blocked while replacing the Valve cover gasket.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Amypriti(f): 6:18am On Aug 12, 2022
Good morning

Pls need assistance with my Acura mdx 2008

Anytime I start the car to drive and accelerate... It doesn't pick up quickly. It becomes slow no matter how hard I press down. Then after few seconds it picks up with force.
My technician told me it's fuel pump which has been changed but the issue still persists

Pls need assistance on WHT the cause would be and how to get it rectified

Thank you!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Namzy(m): 7:53am On Aug 12, 2022
Amypriti:
Good morning

Pls need assistance with my Acura mdx 2008

Anytime I start the car to drive and accelerate... It doesn't pick up quickly. It becomes slow no matter how hard I press down. Then after few seconds it picks up with force.
My technician told me it's fuel pump which has been changed but the issue still persists

Pls need assistance on WHT the cause would be and how to get it rectified

Thank you!

Sounds like a transmission problem. Some dirty valves or sticky valves or low transmission fluid. You can try changing your transmission oil if the level is normal. Last last I've had similar problem and solved it with a can of sea foam trans tune
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Amypriti(f): 8:08am On Aug 12, 2022
Do you add the sea foam trans tune together with the transmission fluid
Namzy:

Sounds like a transmission problem. Some dirty valves or sticky valves or low transmission fluid. You can try changing your transmission oil if the level is normal. Last last I've had similar problem and solved it with a can of sea foam trans tune
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Namzy(m): 8:52am On Aug 12, 2022
Amypriti:
Do you add the sea foam trans tune together with the transmission fluid

Yes
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Snrman1: 10:44am On Aug 12, 2022
Good morning house can anybody tell me the problem about honda accord 2009 and the fuel consumption? I want to know if im the only one having this issue i will appreciate a reply

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Stubborn82: 1:40pm On Aug 12, 2022
Good day honda users in the house
I understand this honda vehicle maintenance thread.
Please I want to ask, when some of you change your atf or gear oil, which fluid do you use, honda recommend dw1, but hardly you get genuine dw1, in replace of that dw1 which oil do you use and how does your transmission feel after the change.

I want to change my gear oil, as I want to buy dw1 I saw, someone who has fall a victim told not buy it that they are all fake, instead I should use oando dexron 3 , this my first time change gear oil, am novice.......I need help

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: ksmart027(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.