Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,422 members, 7,815,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (891232 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by vivalavida(m): 1:46pm On Aug 12, 2022
Snrman1:
Good morning house can anybody tell me the problem about honda accord 2009 and the fuel consumption? I want to know if im the only one having this issue i will appreciate a reply

U have to tell the house which issue you are experiencing first
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mokset123: 6:06pm On Aug 12, 2022
Snrman1:
Good morning house can anybody tell me the problem about honda accord 2009 and the fuel consumption? I want to know if im the only one having this issue i will appreciate a reply

is it a v6?
Is your check light on? If yes then scan with a diagnostic tool and post the codes here
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mokset123: 6:08pm On Aug 12, 2022
Stubborn82:
Good day honda users in the house
I understand this honda vehicle maintenance thread.
Please I want to ask, when some of you change your atf or gear oil, which fluid do you use, honda recommend dw1, but hardly you get genuine dw1, in replace of that dw1 which oil do you use and how does your transmission feel after the change.

I want to change my gear oil, as I want to buy dw1 I saw, someone who has fall a victim told not buy it that they are all fake, instead I should use oando dexron 3 , this my first time change gear oil, am novice.......I need help

ask luvinhubby here, he has them in stock
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 6:32pm On Aug 12, 2022
Amypriti:
Good morning

Pls need assistance with my Acura mdx 2008

Anytime I start the car to drive and accelerate... It doesn't pick up quickly. It becomes slow no matter how hard I press down. Then after few seconds it picks up with force.
My technician told me it's fuel pump which has been changed but the issue still persists

Pls need assistance on WHT the cause would be and how to get it rectified

Thank you!

If I’m to hazard a guess I’d say it’s something to do with your throttle position sensor or such but if your check engine light is on or your green D light blinks then scan your vehicle to get the accurate problem of the car.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Amypriti(f): 6:55pm On Aug 12, 2022
Engine light nor the green D light shows. They aren't showing
Conner44:

If I’m to hazard a guess I’d say it’s something to do with your throttle position sensor or such but if your check engine light is on or your green D light blinks then scan your vehicle to get the accurate problem of the car.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Mdtoba(m): 8:35pm On Aug 12, 2022
Gud evg expert in the house I notice whenever my car changes from gear 1 to 2 the car gives a jerking sound before moving to gear 2 . however the transmission is smooth from gear2 to 4
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tobisunday(m): 9:18pm On Aug 12, 2022
Stubborn82:
Please I want to ask, when some of you change your atf or gear oil, which fluid do you use, honda recommend dw1, but hardly you get genuine dw1, in replace of that dw1 which oil do you use and how does your transmission feel after the change.

I want to change my gear oil, as I want to buy dw1 I saw, someone who has fall a victim told not buy it that they are all fake, instead I should use oando dexron 3 , this my first time change gear oil, am novice.......I need help

I use oando atf 2
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 9:38pm On Aug 12, 2022
Stubborn82:

There’s genuine Honda DW-1 in abuja but it’s expensive.
Avoid using non recommended transmission fluid for your transmission.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 9:38pm On Aug 12, 2022
tobisunday:

I use oando atf 2

That you use it doesn’t makes it right and doesn’t mean everybody should follow Sir.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Stubborn82: 10:25pm On Aug 12, 2022
kingreign:

There’s genuine Honda DW-1 in abuja but it’s expensive.
Avoid using non recommended transmission fluid for your transmission.
Thanks for your response
Where can I get it in Abuja and how much is it?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Stubborn82: 10:42pm On Aug 12, 2022
mokset123:
ask luvinhubby here, he has them in stock
@luvinhubby please I need genuine Honda atf dw1, I stay in Abuja, how can I get it and how much is it, I need 4 litres, thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tobisunday(m): 11:00pm On Aug 12, 2022
kingreign:

That you use it doesn’t makes it right and doesn’t mean everybody should follow Sir.

I can't find anywhere I asked him to follow sir.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 11:22pm On Aug 12, 2022
Stubborn82:

@luvinhubby please I need genuine Honda atf dw1, I stay in Abuja, how can I get it and how much is it, I need 4 litres, thanks

WhatsApp chat - 08099451504
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by selfmadeOLX(m): 12:36am On Aug 13, 2022
Stubborn82:

You need 8L for a near complete fluid overhaul
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Stubborn82: 9:13am On Aug 13, 2022
selfmadeOLX:

You need 8L for a near complete fluid overhaul
8L keh, its eod gear i want to fill o, not tipper

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by selfmadeOLX(m): 12:05pm On Aug 13, 2022
Stubborn82:

8L keh, its eod gear i want to fill o, not tipper

Smh. Your just dey radiate ignorance grin
It’s an accord 5 speed Auto.
DYOR

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by quam9997(m): 1:29pm On Aug 13, 2022
quam9997:

I think it’s the front own ..

Then for the bearing .. Yh he told me it can replaced but I’d like to have an idea of the cost of the rubber and also the bearing.

Lastly, my AC has stopped cooling and he was saying it’s the Clutch that’s affected.

Really sorry for disturbing the house as this is my first ride and I’m not really experienced when it comes to car issues

I’ve sorted the bearing and the AC is now chilling.. then I also replaced the valve cover seal.

But as I drove this morning I noticed my car was kind of jerking and the acceleration was dragging. I can feel something is wrong

I’m really confused now as I want to be cartoon before I call my mechanic

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by quam9997(m): 9:36pm On Aug 13, 2022
Good evening bosses, after fixing the AC and valve stuff on my car yesterday I just noticed that my car started jerking and dragging when I accelerate.

Then shortly after that .. I saw these on my dash

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by deebrownneymar: 5:39am On Aug 14, 2022
Hello gurus in the house.

My accord 2009 wasn’t starting so the Rewire changed the automatic few days ago. Yesterday it failed again and had to do a full replacement. It didn’t last after like three stops. Please what really could be the problem?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by YourHighTension: 8:56am On Aug 14, 2022
Collione:

Now the issue you are experiencing is caused by the rocker arm sensor. Tell your mechanic to service it and ensure that the wires have no issues. If he does it and you test it, it should be rectified however if it continues then you need to replace it. Whenever the Rocker arm sensor fails you won't be able to over rev it will hook at 2k or max 3k rpm . If you force the rpm, the car will jerk as if you have gear problem but trust me your gear is fine.

You also need to meet a good qualified mechanic to find out what's wrong with your other sensors cos your car isn't performing optimally

Ok, thanks. I appreciate your response
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by quam9997(m): 8:58am On Aug 14, 2022
quam9997:
Good evening bosses, after fixing the AC and valve stuff on my car yesterday I just noticed that my car started jerking and dragging when I accelerate.

Then shortly after that .. I saw these on my dash

Morning my Ogas .. I’m really confused as to what to do here. Do I need the services of a Rewire or anything sirs
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Dozieson(m): 11:52am On Aug 14, 2022
quam9997:

Morning my Ogas .. I’m really confused as to what to do here. Do I need the services of a Rewire or anything sirs

Was that code there before the repairs?

Check for any loose/cut wire or connector that connects the sensor
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by SmooshCHN: 12:16pm On Aug 14, 2022
cmoney22222:
Oil is 23k
Filter 4k
Servicer 3k

Once service spanner comes up, viola na to service am be that.

Again, every month issue Dey or no issue I take it to the Machanic for general check and I budget 10k for it. The way I love this car ehh.

Good morning, please I have some requests. I have a EOD 2005 with different issues. I never had time to sit hours at a mechanic due to the nature of my job. I'll be free in coming days. Please can you recommend a mechanic in Lagos.
I'll like to service the gear, engine (Both need oil change at this point) Shaft and ball joints. It overheated once and since then, I've needed to top up radiator everyday.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 1:06pm On Aug 14, 2022
SmooshCHN:
Good morning, please I have some requests. I have a EOD 2005 with different issues. I never had time to sit hours at a mechanic due to the nature of my job. I'll be free in coming days. Please can you recommend a mechanic in Lagos.
I'll like to service the gear, engine (Both need oil change at this point) Shaft and ball joints. It overheated once and since then, I've needed to top up radiator everyday

Is it a 4 or 6 cylinder engine? From the bolded above you likely have a burnt top cylinder gasket after that overheating episode. You’d need to change it.

Check your engine oil to see if water is mixing up into it. Check your radiator to see if there’s a broken part or leaking hose. Lastly check your transmission fluid to be sure you’re not having water mixing up into it too.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by quam9997(m): 1:07pm On Aug 14, 2022
Dozieson:

Was that code there before the repairs?

Check for any loose/cut wire or connector that connects the sensor

The code appeared after repairing valve cover seal. I’ve checked but I can’t seem to understand anything.

I rescanned and it came like that still.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by cmoney22222: 1:51pm On Aug 14, 2022
SmooshCHN:
I'll like to service the gear, engine (Both need oil change at this point) Shaft and ball joints. It overheated once and since then, I've needed to top up radiator everyday.

@ luvinhubby

Pls contact this person. He is good on the job
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 2:54pm On Aug 14, 2022
quam9997:

The code appeared after repairing valve cover seal. I’ve checked but I can’t seem to understand anything.

I rescanned and it came like that still.

That code is for either a damaged camshaft position sensor A or B (there are 2 sensors plugged in somewhere beside and slightly under your valve cover)

OR

The mechanic has somehow misaligned your timing chain or it’s accompanying components.

From the way most mechanics are very impatient and use ‘strong hand’ in handling vehicles I’d suspect he’s either damaged one of your camshaft positioning sensors or he didn’t plug in the wires from the harness to them well.

Check your sensors, you can unscrew them each (usually 10mm screws) and switch their positions and scan the vehicle again. If the scan shows that the fault shifted from camshaft position sensors A to B or vice versa then it means it’s just a bad sensor but if after switching you still get the exact same code then there’s something definitely wrong with your harness or engine timing.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Snrman1: 7:25pm On Aug 14, 2022
mokset123:

is it a v6?
Is your check light on? If yes then scan with a diagnostic tool and post the codes here

its only showing that spanner sign on the dashboard
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Snrman1: 7:26pm On Aug 14, 2022
vivalavida:

U have to tell the house which issue you are experiencing first
currently dealing with high fuel consumption
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mokset123: 7:37pm On Aug 14, 2022
Snrman1:
its only showing that spanner sign on the dashboard
the spanner sign is the maintenance light which usually pops up when the calibrated distance covered by the car has been reached after its last service. Let experts in the house make their suggestion.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by DukeNija(m): 8:27pm On Aug 14, 2022
Conner44:

That code is for either a damaged camshaft position sensor A or B (there are 2 sensors plugged in somewhere beside and slightly under your valve cover)

OR

The mechanic has somehow misaligned your timing chain or it’s accompanying components.

From the way most mechanics are very impatient and use ‘strong hand’ in handling vehicles I’d suspect he’s either damaged one of your camshaft positioning sensors or he didn’t plug in the wires from the harness to them well.

Check your sensors, you can unscrew them each (usually 10mm screws) and switch their positions and scan the vehicle again. If the scan shows that the fault shifted from camshaft position sensors A to B or vice versa then it means it’s just a bad sensor but if after switching you still get the exact same code then there’s something definitely wrong with your harness or engine timing.

I suspect the wiring harness was damaged in the process. Local or road side mechanics have done it again.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by DukeNija(m): 8:28pm On Aug 14, 2022
Snrman1:
currently dealing with high fuel consumption

Scan your car and post the codes here. Did the fuel consumption increase? Bear in mind fuel price has gone up so you’ll need to spend more money for the same quantity of fuel. Just saying.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.