Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (889340 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by femi9naija(m): 8:27am On Feb 18, 2016
Kashif:

Bad move bro. Get is correct dip ASAP.

Yea, i'm on it
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sultanemerald(m): 8:08am On Feb 19, 2016
Good morning,

Please Bosses, my crv is leaking oil and my mechanic says they need to drop my engine and gear to know what the issue is. but i think it's the oil seal because this started after I serviced my car. please what can I do, and is there any good mechanic on the island for hondas?

Also, the under engine sand cover does anyone know the price?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by femicousim: 9:11am On Feb 19, 2016
sultanemerald:
Good morning,

Please Bosses, my crv is leaking oil and my mechanic says they need to drop my engine and gear to know what the issue is. but i think it's the oil seal because this started after I serviced my car. please what can I do, and is there any good mechanic on the island for hondas?

drop your engine and gear?! top of my head, have the engine cleaned thoroughly, then watch out for new leaks, that way you can trace the source of the leakage. besides since you said it started after a lube service, why don't check the oil filter area and drain plug, either of them could have badly installed
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:03pm On Feb 20, 2016
sultanemerald:
Good morning,

your mechanic could be right, if the leak is from the crankshaft seal close to the flywheel.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sultanemerald(m): 10:42pm On Feb 20, 2016
Thank you. will do this monday.
femicousim:

drop your engine and gear?! top of my head, have the engine cleaned thoroughly, then watch out for new leaks, that way you can trace the source of the leakage. besides since you said it started after a lube service, why don't check the oil filter area and drain plug, either of them could have badly installed
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sultanemerald(m): 10:43pm On Feb 20, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

your mechanic could be right, if the leak is from the crankshaft seal close to the flywheel.

Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by drobadebayo: 4:10pm On Feb 23, 2016
Abeg make una help o.My Accord 07 is giving me serious headache.Car's steering gets stiff all of a sudden especially when I make a sharp turn.After if gets stiff,the engine shuts down and I'd have to put the ignition off,park and then restart the car before it starts working again.
Same thing happened about a month ago,my mechanic did a lil work on it,worked for a while until now,though i wasn't really driving it.
Please help.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:28pm On Feb 23, 2016
drobadebayo:
Abeg make una help o.My Accord 07 is giving me serious headache.Car's steering gets stiff all of a sudden especially when I make a sharp turn.After if gets stiff,the engine shuts down and I'd have to put the ignition off,park and then restart the car before it starts working again.
Same thing happened about a month ago,my mechanic did a lil work on it,worked for a while until now,though i wasn't really driving it.
Please help.

a stiff power steering, and a stiff power steering that causes the engine to shut off do not have the same diagnosis. Where is your location?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by drobadebayo: 4:39pm On Feb 23, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

a stiff power steering, and a stiff power steering that causes the engine to shut off do not have the same diagnosis. Where is your location?
Ibadan boss.I done tire.someone said power steering fluid.its all confusing
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:42pm On Feb 23, 2016
drobadebayo:

you need a qualified hand. Open a thread on Car talk, you might get somone in ibadan.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by afoxy17: 10:42pm On Feb 23, 2016
pls help me with the price of the side mirror of Honda EOD. thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by afoxy17: 11:02pm On Feb 23, 2016
luvinhubby:

Gather 5k keep.

good evening sir, please what is the current price of Honda EOD 2003 V6 side mirrors. the casement not the glass itself.
I am in delta
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 10:37pm On Feb 24, 2016
drobadebayo:

PM me Sir.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 25, 2016
FOR EVERY CAR OWNER, AS U PUT UR VEHICLES IN GOOD SHAPE, IT'S ALSO VERY IMPORTANT DAT U ENSURE DAT ALL UR DRIVING DOCUMENTS LIKE UR

DRIVER'S LICENSE,

VEHICLE LICENSE,

ROAD WORTHINESS, AND UR

THIRD PARTY INSURANCE ATLEAST ARE VALID ESPECIALLY IF U ARE DERIVING ON LAGOS ROAD SO AS TO AVOID HAVING ISSUES WITH EITHER D FRSC, VIO OR D POLICE MEN.

PLS DO THE RIGHT THING AT THE RIGHT TIME 2 AVIOD DOING IT MUCH LATTER BY FORCE AND STILL, PAYING UNPLANNED BILLS. ALL THESE DOCUMENTS U CAN GET DONE WITHIN 2 DAYS AT MAX.

SO IF URS IS EXPIRED DO IT NOW.

IF U NEED ANY MORE INFO, WATSAPP NAT ON 08030487887
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by akanniade10(m): 11:35pm On Feb 25, 2016
achalugonata:
FOR EVERY CAR OWNER, AS U PUT UR VEHICLES IN GOOD SHAPE, IT'S ALSO VERY IMPORTANT DAT U ENSURE DAT ALL UR DRIVING DOCUMENTS LIKE UR

DRIVER'S LICENSE,

VEHICLE LICENSE,

ROAD WORTHINESS, AND UR

THIRD PARTY INSURANCE ATLEAST ARE VALID ESPECIALLY IF U ARE DERIVING ON LAGOS ROAD SO AS TO AVOID HAVING ISSUES WITH EITHER D FRSC, VIO OR D POLICE MEN.

PLS DO THE RIGHT THING AT THE RIGHT TIME 2 AVIOD DOING IT MUCH LATTER BY FORCE AND STILL, PAYING UNPLANNED BILLS. ALL THESE DOCUMENTS U CAN GET DONE WITHIN 2 DAYS AT MAX.

SO IF URS IS EXPIRED DO IT NOW.

IF U NEED ANY MORE INFO, WATSAPP NAT ON 08030487887

In addition to these, your spare tyre should be in good condition alongside your fire extinguisher and warning triangle (C-Caution). grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Lagusta(m): 12:13am On Feb 26, 2016
Hello all....

Make: Honda accord (halla) I think 1993 or 1994

Engine: 4cyl VTEC engine....

Tranny: 4speed auto

When I start it in the morning, the tachometer stays at 600rpm or thereabout, and it usually takes a long time before the oil pressure light goes off. It could go off within 30secs before, but now it could take up to 3mins, unless I drive the car around....

I took it to a kazeem here in akure and he said the oil sump is bent which is affecting the oil pump....

And I just changed the oil and filter....

Please is anything that could be wrong apart from what the kazeem said

Cc: Gazzuzz, siena
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:19am On Feb 26, 2016
Lagusta:
Hello all....

Make: Honda accord (halla) I think 1993 or 1994

Engine: 4cyl VTEC engine....

Tranny: 4speed auto

When I start it in the morning, the tachometer stays at 600rpm or thereabout, and it usually takes a long time before the oil pressure light goes off. It could go off within 30secs before, but now it could take up to 3mins, unless I drive the car around....

I took it to a kazeem here in akure and he said the oil sump is bent which is affecting the oil pump....

And I just changed the oil and filter....

Please is anything that could be wrong apart from what the kazeem said

Cc: Gazzuzz, siena

he seems correct
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by stinville(m): 10:34am On Feb 26, 2016
Hi guys. I have this V6 EOD that has given me lots of headache. Whenever I slow down in traffic, the car stalls. And at times, after it stalls, when I start it, it comes on quite alright but doesn't stay on. Then again, when it does come on, I won't be able to throttle it. I have changed the followings after several scannings, all to no avail; throttle actuator, fuel pump, plugs, filters etc. Does anyone know what the problem could be? ()
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bestakara: 5:40pm On Feb 26, 2016
Pls house my ex Honda 1996 model soaks oil and when i move the car and step on the brake the car start to make unplesant noise and before i no it the car light in the dash board board will be flutuating and before u no it the car Goes off.pls i needhelp
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:58pm On Feb 26, 2016
bestakara:
Pls house my ex Honda 1996 model soaks oil and when i move the car and step on the brake the car start to make unplesant noise and before i no it the car light in the dash board board will be flutuating and before u no it the car Goes off.pls i needhelp

you need to take your query a step at a time, where is the source of the oilleak?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bestakara: 7:05pm On Feb 26, 2016
The oil soaks about 3 0f the spark plug complete and a noise like air leakage in the engine but cant really deduce the area
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:05am On Feb 27, 2016
bestakara:
The oil soaks about 3 0f the spark plug complete and a noise like air leakage in the engine but cant really deduce the area

you need a new engine.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bestakara: 7:59pm On Feb 27, 2016
Pls where can i get an authentic engine one time i dont want after fixing gives issue.But this m'y car cut timing belt from there bent valve and have grounded the top cylinder thrice and end result was spark plug soaking oil
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:14am On Feb 28, 2016
bestakara:
Pls where can i get an authentic engine one time i dont want after fixing gives issue.But this m'y car cut timing belt from there bent valve and have grounded the top cylinder thrice and end result was spark plug soaking oil

[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:24pm On Feb 29, 2016
bestakara:
Get another engine.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:30pm On Feb 29, 2016
Just got to know Honda has assembled it's first made in Nigeria Accord by Honda manufacturing West Africa in Sango Otta.

Kudos for that.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by makarios911: 7:02pm On Mar 02, 2016
Good evening boss.
My 2007 Accord V6 displayed a "check fuel cap" msg on the dashboard 2days ago. I checked the cap n tightened it but the msg was still on. Tho I wasn't worried becos dis is the 3rd time it's showing that msg in the last 9months and it usually disappears a few hours after I tighten the fuel screw cap. Anyways this time arnd the msg persisted till the next day and wen it disappeared CEL came up. Ran a scan and the P0455 error code came up, I've tried clearing it but the thing no gree commot. Google says the code is abt EVAP leak. I've tightened the fuel cap like 10times already and it doesn't look broken to me. Biko how man go explain EVAP to Kareem and hope the money for fixing isn't massive? Car drives normally and there's no other issue. If I ignore is it likely to cause like a fire incident in future?

GAZZUZZ, luvinhubby, Siena
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Belvinho(m): 12:12am On Mar 07, 2016
Hello Tech Gurus,

I'm typing this due to desperation and frustration. My car which is a 2001 3.0L Honda Accord V6 has been guzzling fuel like no man's business. Prior to this, I was getting 270 miles to a full tank which was quite far from the fuel economy I should have been getting. This became worse 2weeks ago when my Check Engine Light started blinking, my fuel economy degraded to 150 miles to a full tank (64 litres)

The car was scanned and discovered misfire in all 6 cylinders. The plugs and coil were changed as well the Throttle Position Sensor. The nozzles were also serviced and the movement of the car which was sluggish returned to normal.

All codes were cleared before I took the car out of the workshop. 2 days later, the Check Engine light started blinking again with the fuel consumption even becoming worse. I now do about 120 miles to a full tank which makes me buy fuel almost on a daily basis. The car is my major source of transportation as I usually resume work very early in the morning when I'm running morning shifts and close very late when running the evening.

I'm open to all forms of advice as that of my mechanic hasn't helped one bit.

Cheers
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 2:20am On Mar 07, 2016
Belvinho:
Hello Tech Gurus,

I'm typing this due to desperation and frustration. My car which is a 2001 3.0L Honda Accord V6 has been guzzling fuel like no man's business. Prior to this, I was getting 270 miles to a full tank which was quite far from the fuel economy I should have been getting. This became worse 2weeks ago when my Check Engine Light started blinking, my fuel economy degraded to 150 miles to a full tank (64 litres)

The car was scanned and discovered misfire in all 6 cylinders. The plugs and coil were changed as well the Throttle Position Sensor. The nozzles were also serviced and the movement of the car which was sluggish returned to normal.

All codes were cleared before I took the car out of the workshop. 2 days later, the Check Engine light started blinking again with the fuel consumption even becoming worse. I now do about 120 miles to a full tank which makes me buy fuel almost on a daily basis. The car is my major source of transportation as I usually resume work very early in the morning when I'm running morning shifts and close very late when running the evening.

I'm open to all forms of advice as that of my mechanic hasn't helped one bit.

Cheers

Location sir?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Belvinho(m): 12:00pm On Mar 07, 2016
Ikeja, Lagos state
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 12:05pm On Mar 07, 2016
Belvinho:
Ikeja, Lagos state

Contact Gazzuzz 08023251039
He's in Lagos state. He will do a nice job but appreciate him very very handsomely.

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.