Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,078 members, 7,811,020 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (889612 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by connkg(m): 4:06pm On Mar 07, 2016
Hello Gazzuzz,

It's conn-kg. Just bought 4pcs 1litre 5W-20 engine oil from you last week, remember?
I have a problem. My '02 Honda Accord V6 jerks sometimes - noticeably, more like the fuel's spurting. In these occasions, the idle isn't up to "1" on the tacho and the engine actually dies off in motion.
I noticed that stopping, removing, re-inserting the key and restarting helps. It behaves normally right after.
*The car has not been driven in 3months and was been on the road for just 1week. Is this dirt?
I have disconnected adn removed the after-market remote/ security, chcked the fuse of the fuel pump and am presently out of ideas.
My mechanic says to run the car at full speed along a highway to burn off. I dont have the fuel or the time.
Please, what do you recommend?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:54pm On Mar 07, 2016
connkg:
Hello Gazzuzz,

It's conn-kg. Just bought 4pcs 1litre 5W-20 engine oil from you last week, remember?
I have a problem. My '02 Honda Accord V6 jerks sometimes - noticeably, more like the fuel's spurting. In these occasions, the idle isn't up to "1" on the tacho and the engine actually dies off in motion.
I noticed that stopping, removing, re-inserting the key and restarting helps. It behaves normally right after.
*The car has not been driven in 3months and was been on the road for just 1week. Is this dirt?
I have disconnected adn removed the after-market remote/ security, chcked the fuse of the fuel pump and am presently out of ideas.
My mechanic says to run the car at full speed along a highway to burn off. I dont have the fuel or the time.
Please, what do you recommend?

You should stop guessing and take it to a workshop that can diagnose the present faults, and give you a proper soultion.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by connkg(m): 8:35pm On Mar 07, 2016
I have done that.
Report says P0132- Heated O2 sensor bank 1
Just that.
Do the symptoms match? I am told it's over 20k. Why the cable-like thing cost like that, na?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by vicbussi: 10:41pm On Mar 07, 2016
@gazzuzz, @luvinhubby
Pls my eod 03 vibrates when i drive. The steering will be vibrating when am nt moving. Pls what can i do.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thezionite: 3:10am On Mar 08, 2016
@luvinhubby @GAZZUZZ

Please i have a 1997 US Honda accord.

it keeps bringing out white smoke from the exhaust, and the engine oil is always short. when i check the engine there is always engine oil all around. The mechanic says i need to ring the engine, please is this a good idea. Also, the car vibrates when in a stop position like in traffic.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:15am On Mar 08, 2016
thezionite:
@luvinhubby @GAZZUZZ

Please i have a 1997 US Honda accord.

it keeps bringing out white smoke from the exhaust, and the engine oil is always short. when i check the engine there is always engine oil all around. The mechanic says i need to ring the engine, please is this a good idea. Also, the car vibrates when in a stop position like in traffic.

you need another engine.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thezionite: 3:40am On Mar 08, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

you need another engine.

pls how much would a new engine cost me?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:44am On Mar 08, 2016
thezionite:

luvinhubby!!!!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by vicbussi: 8:27am On Mar 08, 2016
vicbussi:
@gazzuzz, @luvinhubby
Pls my eod 03 vibrates when i drive. The steering will be vibrating when am nt moving. Pls what can i do.
@gazzuzz @luvinhubby
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:27am On Mar 08, 2016
vicbussi:

@gazzuzz @luvinhubby
Clean out your nozzles & throttle body.

And check if any of either your front or back engine seats are bad.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:28am On Mar 08, 2016
thezionite:

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Beehandz(m): 6:03pm On Mar 13, 2016
Good Day house.

Pls how much will the shock absorbers of a Honda Accord 2006 (Discussion Continues) cost.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Belvinho(m): 12:27am On Mar 15, 2016
Thanks guys for all the care and love. The car just recently left the workshop and it's recovering. The following were carried out;
1. Diagnostic scan which discovered misfire in all 6 cylinders.
2. Damaged throttle position sensor.
3. Faulty solenoid(A/T).
4. Faulty flat switch (A/T).
5. Faulty Bank 1 (oxygen) sensor.

All but 5 has been fixed as by replacing all the mentioned parts and by servicing the nozzles and changing the plugs and coils.

5 is yet to be fixed as the correct sensor is yet to be procured by my mechanic. Fuel economy has really improved as testing is still ongoing.

Best regards

Belvinho
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jostunde(m): 10:05pm On Mar 15, 2016
My EOD V6 D light on dash board blinking anytime is on the move, it started after changing the gear box.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ItGeek(m): 10:46pm On Mar 15, 2016
@Luvinhubby

How much will it cost me to get fuel pump and filter, throttle sensor and radiator fans.

I use a 2001 Honda Accord.

thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:26pm On Mar 15, 2016
Belvinho:
Thanks guys for all the care and love. The car just recently left the workshop and it's recovering. The following were carried out;
1. Diagnostic scan which discovered misfire in all 6 cylinders.
2. Damaged throttle position sensor
3. Faulty solenoid(A/T).
4. Faulty flat switch (A/T).
5. Faulty Bank 1 (oxygen) sensor.

All but 5 has been fixed as by replacing all the mentioned parts and by servicing the nozzles and changing the plugs and coils.

5 is yet to be fixed as the correct sensor is yet to be procured by my mechanic. Fuel economy has really improved as testing is still ongoing.

Best regards

Belvinho

how did you fix number 2?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Belvinho(m): 11:51pm On Mar 15, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

how did you fix number 2?

My mechanic said he got another TP sensor from Oyingbo
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 19, 2016
vicbussi:
@gazzuzz, @luvinhubby

It's most likely ur engine seats.u shud check d one that suspends d gear and also d rear seats.I experienced same problem and wen i changed d engine seats..Voila...it was gone
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Beehandz(m): 3:16pm On Mar 20, 2016
Beehandz:
Good Day house.

Pls how much will the shock absorbers of a Honda Accord 2006 (Discussion Continues) cost.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by md4real(m): 4:07pm On Mar 20, 2016
Good day gurus, Please i am having a challenge with my Discussion continue AC. overtime, i noticed that the driver's side of the AC kinda get hotter compared to the passenger side. it balances whenever i refill.
to make it worse, it does not last long. i have taken it for repairs in 3 different places and was assured, that there is not linkage.

Please any advise?[b][/b]
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:36pm On Mar 20, 2016
md4real:
Good day gurus, Please i am having a challenge with my Discussion continue AC. overtime, i noticed that the driver's side of the AC kinda get hotter compared to the passenger side. it balances whenever i refill.
to make it worse, it does not last long. i have taken it for repairs in 3 different places and was assured, that there is not linkage.

Please any advise?[b][/b]

you will require a proper diagnosis and leak detection, it's a bit expensive, but better to do it once. If in lagos contact me via my number 08033910382
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by md4real(m): 7:14pm On Mar 20, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

you will require a proper diagnosis and leak detection, it's a bit expensive, but better to do it once. If in lagos contact me via my number 08033910382
Hmmm. Sorry in minna
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:17pm On Mar 20, 2016
md4real:

Hmmm. Sorry in minna

look for a workshop that has a.c leak detection equipment. Soap and water does not work for evaporators and compressor leaks, electronic sniffers and dyes are better.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by damuseron(m): 7:15am On Mar 21, 2016
Please how much is Accord 2006 I4 engine plus the needed accessories, I want to get the car and want to have an idea of cost of maintenance and parts. Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by OnosWorld(m): 1:41am On Mar 22, 2016
Fatal Accident - As Car Runs into a Bus in Warri, Delta State
http://www.onosworld.com/2016/03/fatal-accident-as-car-runs-into-bus-in.html
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by stinville(m): 1:36pm On Mar 22, 2016
PLEASE HELP!!! My EOD 2003 V6 engine stalls when I slow down. Then when I start, it's starts just fine but does not stay on. Then atimes, when it does come on, it won't respond when throttled. I have scanned severally and have followed recommendations still all to no avail. Can anyone prefer a solution?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Belvinho(m): 5:38pm On Mar 22, 2016
Can someone please tell me what this A/T part does? My mechanic calls it a flat switch and it's been responsible for my transmission not selecting properly

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Omike85(m): 7:04pm On Mar 22, 2016
[quote author=luvinhubby post=42710923]
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Omike85(m): 7:08pm On Mar 22, 2016
luvinhubby:

Do not touch anything called ATF-Z1 with the longest of all spoons because Honda stopped Z1 since 2011 & every Z1 now is 'palm oil' cloned from China.

What you need is ATF-DW1 & it's N3,000 per liter can.

sir.....can DW 1 work for Honda Crv 1999 since you said at z1 is cloned....despite knowing z1 is the recommended oil?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by whyteboyz03(m): 5:24pm On Mar 23, 2016
Good evening Gurus in the house . please how much can I get shock absorber for 2003 V6 Honda accord ?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Belvinho(m): 9:08pm On Mar 23, 2016
Hello Gazzuzz, Livinhubby

I really need your expertise on this matter. The issue I'm batteling is one that reocurred. My mechanic replaced the Dual Linear Solenoid (Flat Switch) of my transmission about 2 weeks ago. Prior to this, my gear wasn't changing appropriately. 2 days ago, I noticed leaks coming out of the
transmission and took the car back to the Mechanic to get it checked out. He noticed that the leaks were coming from the flat switch whgich was replaced.

Upon, sealing the leak, I left the workshop and barely 5 minutes later, my car refused to engage the second gear. Right now my mechanic is telling me that the switch hardly goes bad and he is very sure of the quality of the switch (Solenoid) that he purchased and my best bid right now will be to replace the transmission.

Attached is a picture of the solenoid which I think is responsible for this issue.

Thank you for your anticipated response.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by stinville(m): 11:03pm On Mar 23, 2016
stinville:
PLEASE HELP!!! My EOD 2003 V6 engine stalls when I slow down. Then when I start, it's starts just fine but does not stay on. Then atimes, when it does come on, it won't respond when throttled. I have scanned severally and have followed recommendations still all to no avail. Can anyone prefer a solution?
Anyone?

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.