Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (893535 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by alajimeche: 10:51pm On May 01, 2016
I hate to believe there is selective attention on this thread.I have pleaded for a response but all I see is a jump and pass case.hmm am just watching.
alajimeche:
Someone please help me with a solution please!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:30am On May 02, 2016
alajimeche:
Please help house.My Honda Accord 2005 model is behaving funny lately.Its starts n drives normal bt after an hour when d engine gets warn it refuses to select gear. Starts to spurt. If I leave again to cool down for like an hour it drives normal again.My mechanic says it's the gear that I shld change it. But I believe it must be some sensors acting funny.I have changed d gear oil and serviced d sensor n still d issue persist. not done a scan though.please I need urgent assistance.

The clutch fibres inside your gear box are burnt, you can either rebuild the gear (temporary) or just replace it(permanent).
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by soonest(f): 6:31am On May 02, 2016
inze:

. . . kinda found my way around it. Next time it goes gaga, try start the car with its driver door open and engage the neutral gear before you shut the door.
Ok thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by soonest(f): 6:58am On May 02, 2016
Good morning all, please who has an idea of the price of HONDA Accord 2006 rear windscreen.
Cc: Gazzuz, Luvinhubby, experts in the house
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rofemiguwa(f): 12:04pm On May 02, 2016
Gazzuzz goodmorning.its monday grin awaiting ur responseooo.
Thank u
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:17pm On May 02, 2016
rofemiguwa:
Gazzuzz goodmorning.its monday grin awaiting ur responseooo.
Thank u

I called parts dealer, available at 4k. 08033910382
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by arduino: 4:30pm On May 02, 2016
Oga luvinhubby and Gazzuzz, please help!
I think somebody wants to ripe off my niece with this outrageous prices of parts. Her car a Toyota Yaris 2008 model overheated two days ago and I adviced her to take it to a good car mechanic with diagnostic tool to ascertain the root a cause of the problem. She did that today and the mechanic after scanning her car gave her this bill of estimates as things to be replaced.
Am not a Toyota user but I think this bill is way overboard. And why recommend changing of valve seals, top gasket and refacing of cylinder head at a go when that was the first time the car overheated.

1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:47pm On May 02, 2016
soonest:
Good morning all, please who has an idea of the price of HONDA Accord 2006 rear windscreen.
Cc: Gazzuz, Luvinhubby, experts in the house

13k. (ladipo)
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:54pm On May 02, 2016
arduino:
Oga luvinhubby and Gazzuzz, please help!
I think somebody wants to ripe off my niece with this outrageous prices of parts. Her car a Toyota Yaris 2008 model overheated two days ago and I adviced her to take it to a good car mechanic with diagnostic tool to ascertain the root a cause of the problem. She did that today and the mechanic after scanning her car gave her this bill of estimates as things to be replaced.
Am not a Toyota user but I think this bill is way overboard. And why recommend changing of valve seals, top gasket and refacing of cylinder head at a go when that was the first time the car overheated.

honda thread. Move query to a neutral thread.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rofemiguwa(f): 5:25pm On May 02, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

I called parts dealer, available at 4k. 08033910382
Thank you, is it with cost for fixing tOo?? Forwarding the number to my husband now.

Thanks alot
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by arduino: 5:26pm On May 02, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

honda thread. Move query to a neutral thread.
ok
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by freetowns: 10:13pm On May 02, 2016
Please Ogas how much for a tokunbo power steering pump for eod 04? Oga Gazzuzz I need ya help here boss
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by soonest(f): 10:32am On May 03, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

13k. (ladipo)
Tnx. God bless
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by copiescopy(m): 11:00pm On May 03, 2016
Thanks for that .I may equally stick to your advise and see how it goes . I will post further developments on that once I get that done.

Piyke:

Contact Luvinghubby.
Just get 9 cans of DW1, it comes in 1quart cans. Note that changing to DW1 is not a guarantee that the slipping will go away. Damage may have occurred to the AT. However wrong ATF can cause slipping hence the advice to return to the recommended fluid first. Also run a scan on the AT.
Best of luck
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by femi9naija(m): 7:40pm On May 04, 2016
Is there any permanent solution to Honda wheel pullouts? Or one that can give a little rest of mind
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Flyingman(m): 12:32am On May 06, 2016
How much can I get OEM front o2 sensor (air/fuel ratio sensor) for 08 accord.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:54am On May 06, 2016
Flyingman:
How much can I get OEM front o2 sensor (air/fuel ratio sensor) for 08 accord.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:54am On May 06, 2016
femi9naija:
Is there any permanent solution to Honda wheel pullouts? Or one that can give a little rest of mind

Get OEM down ball joints.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by femi9naija(m): 2:15pm On May 06, 2016
luvinhubby:

Get OEM down ball joints.
Thanx bro. How much does that one go for?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Bright2(m): 2:37pm On May 07, 2016
Greetings to all, pls help on 2007 Honda Pilot . Each time my check engine light comes up I did go for scan & it always indicate one ceilinder or the other misfires , Now the case is how do I know the ceilinder formation to enable me pinpoint the particular ceilinder so I can replace the plug incase it's plug?

I've checked online but what I found there is confusing as I'm not even sure what I found was 2007 Honda Pilot engine ceilinder.

Pls help as I need to see it on pix or any other way I can understand it.

Thank you for your assistance.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by damuseron(m): 7:07am On May 09, 2016
Good morning everyone, please am new with Honda vehicles. I recently acquired Accord 06 and did first oil maintenance using ForteOil Visco 2000(I wasn't there, so the mechanic used that), after few hundred miles thereabout (from Lagos to Katsina), engine oil life dropped from 100% to 70%(displayed on the dashboard) another 200 to 300 miles (Katsina to Kano back to Katsina), it displayed 50%. Went to Sokoto and back to Katsina, it displayed 30% and small local running around as I work and stay in Katsina. I discovered the oil was almost on low(like it is evaporating or something as I checked for all possible oil leakage or engine smoking and there was none). I had to proceed on an urgent assignment to Jos town so a friend recommended topping with quartz 7000 1 litre which I did, the journey was like 500 to 600 miles and the engine oil life still displayed 30%.
I want to change the oil but I don't know which is the best to use considering the recommended 5W-20 mechanic doesn't seem to follow that and the present extreme weather condition of 45°C here in Katsina.

Please I need your professional advice. Thanks to everyone
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:15am On May 09, 2016
damuseron:
Good morning everyone, please am new with Honda vehicles. I recently acquired Accord 06 and did first oil maintenance using ForteOil Visco 2000(I wasn't there, so the mechanic used that), after few hundred miles thereabout (from Lagos to Katsina), engine oil life dropped from 100% to 70%(displayed on the dashboard) another 200 to 300 miles (Katsina to Kano back to Katsina), it displayed 50%. Went to Sokoto and back to Katsina, it displayed 30% and small local running around as I work and stay in Katsina. I discovered the oil was almost on low(like it is evaporating or something as I checked for all possible oil leakage or engine smoking and there was none). I had to proceed on an urgent assignment to Jos town so a friend recommended topping with quartz 7000 1 litre which I did, the journey was like 500 to 600 miles and the engine oil life still displayed 30%.
I want to change the oil but I don't know which is the best to use considering the recommended 5W-20 mechanic doesn't seem to follow that and the present extreme weather condition of 45°C here in Katsina.

Please I need your professional advice. Thanks to everyone

does your oil go down on the dipstick? If the answer is yes, don't go near 5w20, that will spell doom for the engine.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by damuseron(m): 7:17am On May 09, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

does your oil go down on the dipstick?
I don't understand? Are asking if it slides down the dipstick? Viscosity wise?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:20am On May 09, 2016
damuseron:

I don't understand? Are asking if it slides down the dipstick? Viscosity wise?

does your engine oil get short?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by damuseron(m): 7:24am On May 09, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

does your engine oil get short?
Yes it get short
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by damuseron(m): 7:34am On May 09, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

does your oil go down on the dipstick? If the answer is yes, don't go near 5w20, that will spell doom for the engine.
Doom!!! Why Oga GAZZUZZ? But the recommended oil is 5W20
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:36am On May 09, 2016
damuseron:

Yes it get short

stick with 20w50, engine is spent.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by damuseron(m): 7:47am On May 09, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

stick with 20w50, engine is spent.

What do you mean by spent, engine gone? But it doesn't smoke at all? Can I change the engine and what will it cost to do that?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:56am On May 09, 2016
damuseron:

What do you mean by spent, engine gone? But it doesn't smoke at all? Can I change the engine and what will it cost to do that?

Luvinhubby.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 8:25pm On May 09, 2016
damuseron:

Yes it get short

Sir,

While I agree with Gazzuzz that your engine already has some wear and tear, I don't believe the engine is 'spent' or 'gone', therefore needing a replacement (the replacement you will get in the market is not likely to be brand new anyway. It would also have some wear)... Especially if you are very sure it does not burn oil/ smoke.

What you need do is to switch to an engine oil which is more viscous and stable at sustained high temperature.

While several authorities would recommend a viscous mineral oil like the 20W-50 for a depreciating engine (like Gazzuzz has prescribed), [b]I would suggest a viscous synthetic blend like the Mobil1 0W-40 for your engine. [/b]It is more stable at sustained high temperatures for prolonged periods (seeing that you travel a lot), compared to mineral oil. It is far less likely to dry up when you travel long distances like Lagos to Katsina, and it lubricates better. Although, it's more expensive than the mineral oils.

Cheers!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:43am On May 10, 2016
damuseron:

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by damuseron(m): 12:33pm On May 10, 2016
nas00:

Sir,

While I agree with Gazzuzz that your engine already has some wear and tear, I don't believe the engine is 'spent' or 'gone', therefore needing a replacement (the replacement you will get in the market is not likely to be brand new anyway. It would also have some wear)... Especially if you are very sure it does not burn oil/ smoke.

What you need do is to switch to an engine oil which is more viscous and stable at sustained high temperature.

While several authorities would recommend a viscous mineral oil like the 20W-50 for a depreciating engine (like Gazzuzz has prescribed), [b]I would suggest a viscous synthetic blend like the Mobil1 0W-40 for your engine. [/b]It is more stable at sustained high temperatures for prolonged periods (seeing that you travel a lot), compared to mineral oil. It is far less likely to dry up when you travel long distances like Lagos to Katsina, and it lubricates better. Although, it's more expensive than the mineral oils.

Cheers!

Thanks Oga nas00

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.