Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,925 members, 7,821,242 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London (18440 Views)

Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges / Sule Lamido Being Harassed By EFCC While Amaechi Walks Free! / APC Members Killed And Harassed In Rivers – Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by LordBabs(m): 4:08pm On Jul 22, 2012
Purpose. . . unobjective!
Attendees(except 1). . . unofficial!
Defense & alibi. . . fallacious!
Nigeria is finished!
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by Yeske2(m): 4:08pm On Jul 22, 2012
Good one and i just wished those protesters didn't leave till those shameless women were bundled into the next available plane.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 22, 2012
kkk17: These politicians and their wives just loose their correct thinking faculty once they assume office. I can't believe what that lady is saying!! How ridiculous.

You're assuming they had correct thinking facilities before assuming office. These are agberos who found themselves in the corridors of power, not educated people.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by crackhouse(m): 4:10pm On Jul 22, 2012
If i were among the protesters, i would have gone there with my revolver and gun sb down. Nonsense.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 22, 2012
That is good for the legislooters and polithievians wives.

Kudos guys. Wish more Nigerians home and abroad will treat these looters like this.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by Odelola01(m): 4:16pm On Jul 22, 2012
what are they doing there? For trip or seminar
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by Vicmareal: 4:19pm On Jul 22, 2012
Mrs Sumonu, as d name implies, what do u expect 4rm a sumonu if nt hoplesnes gushin 4rm a dark orifice
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by tantan: 4:25pm On Jul 22, 2012
nija is a rotten nation. evri body is bad. The reason is that these people wey dey protest, if they are in power, they will also organise this jamboree thing.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by idirect(m): 4:28pm On Jul 22, 2012
crackhouse: If i were among the protesters, i would have gone there with my revolver and gun sb down. Nonsense.
Like U dey go with ya revolver to those looters over hereundecided
No dey form james bond for us abeg
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by pembisco(m): 4:28pm On Jul 22, 2012
They shuld hv bn kild! nt jst harrasd,usless women!
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by Reference(m): 4:32pm On Jul 22, 2012
saxywale: I wished they were stoned. She even has the audacity to say they went for an hotel room that cost 75pounds and its public funds well spent. Rubbish.

And she said those protesting were trying to pull a good thing down. Can you imagine. The attitude of the average Nigerian servant to public office is just base.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by NovusHomo(m): 4:33pm On Jul 22, 2012
Those of us who are members of the Nigerian diaspora are mostly surprised at how compliant people are at home. You do not ask for an account of how government revenues are spent; you do not demand for hospitals, roads, electricity, new school buildings (or at the least, rehabilitation of the old), no water, and the list goes on and on. Billions of $s are stolen everyday and not a sound is made by you, Its unbelievable! What kills me is that you ask us to give you money: the children are sick, you call us; school fees, you call us, some would even ask you to help their son who is getting married, regardless that he has no job. Somehow you still build houses and you ask us to help with the gate or something else, yet you don't think we need to do the same for ourselves. Its about time people stood up for their rights. I have a suggestion, why dont you give these legislator's wives a "rousing" welcome reception at Murtala Mohammed Airport. How about protesting in front of the Oyo Assemby? But then you wont so long as there is Western Union. Guess what? That is about to stop because we are so fed up with your lack of interest in calling your rulers to order only to have us refund your money that they keep stealing. For in essence that is what you make us do.

10 Likes

Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by Tczar(m): 4:35pm On Jul 22, 2012
Yes,ds is wt i'm talkn bout.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by tpia1: 4:36pm On Jul 22, 2012
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by ayox2003: 4:44pm On Jul 22, 2012
ROSSIKE:

You're assuming they had correct thinking facilities before assuming office. These are agberos who found themselves in the corridors of power, not educated people.

Ross, those that rip this country off its fortune are educated men and women who become scalpers at the slightest taste of power. Its more to education, I call it "dysfunctional-orientation". They have this orientation that government money is free money. Maurice Iwu, Fabian Osuji, and others were Professors who swam in the murky waters of corruption. Sadly enough, it seems this communicable disease is spreading to our generation.

I hope we dont fail this nation when its our time to bell the cat.

Frawzey

1 Like

Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 22, 2012
i wonder the kind of support they want to give their husbands other than to cook for them and take care of their kids! i guess they are following the footsteps of retardinho's wife who is their mentor.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by basty: 4:47pm On Jul 22, 2012
I pray to God to let this demo-Crazy collapse in matter of days and make those involve in the klepocratic process died of sudden death.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 22, 2012
tantan: nija is a rotten nation. evri body is bad. The reason is that these people wey dey protest, if they are in power, they will also organise this jamboree thing.

Stop talking rubbish. Out of 36 states THIS was the only one that undertook such a ludicrous trip, so stop painting everyone with the same brush.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by y2kaustin(m): 4:48pm On Jul 22, 2012
Shud we blame,GEJ?
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by DSoj(m): 4:52pm On Jul 22, 2012
bloody illitrates and useless opportunists
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 22, 2012
NovusHomo: Those of us who are members of the Nigerian diaspora are mostly surprised at how compliant people are at home. You do not ask for an account of how government revenues are spent; you do not demand for hospitals, roads, electricity, new school buildings (or at the least, rehabilitation of the old), no water, and the list goes on and on. Billions of $s are stolen everyday and not a sound is made by you, Its unbelievable! What kills me is that you ask us to give you money: the children are sick, you call us; school fees, you call us, some would even ask you to help their son who is getting married, regardless that he has no job. Somehow you still build houses and you ask us to help with the gate or something else, yet you don't think we need to do the same for ourselves. Its about time people stood up for their rights. I have a suggestion, why dont you give these legislator's wives a "rousing" welcome reception at Murtala Mohammed Airport. How about protesting in front of the Oyo Assemby? But then you wont so long as there is Western Union. Guess what? That is about to stop because we are so fed up with your lack of interest in calling your rulers to order only to have us refund your money that they keep stealing. For in essence that is what you make us do.

Just shut your trap and stop infesting this thread with your pompous, stu.pid rubbish. Do you realise there are numerous working families in Nigeria who send money to their children and relatives abroad? What about a recent study that showed that Nigerian tourists were 3rd only to Japanese and Chinese in amounts spent shopping in London high streets? Don't come in here carrying on like everyone in Nigeria depends on you because you're overseas, or that it's some sort of one-way traffic. It is NOT. If anything the tide is turning, with those based in Nigeria increasingly richer than those abroad like yourself. So please spare us your ignorant, condescending rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by Olaone1: 4:57pm On Jul 22, 2012
NovusHomo: Those of us who are members of the Nigerian diaspora are mostly surprised at how compliant people are at home. You do not ask for an account of how government revenues are spent; you do not demand for hospitals, roads, electricity, new school buildings (or at the least, rehabilitation of the old), no water, and the list goes on and on. Billions of $s are stolen everyday and not a sound is made by you, Its unbelievable! What kills me is that you ask us to give you money: the children are sick, you call us; school fees, you call us, some would even ask you to help their son who is getting married, regardless that he has no job. Somehow you still build houses and you ask us to help with the gate or something else, yet you don't think we need to do the same for ourselves. Its about time people stood up for their rights. I have a suggestion, why dont you give these legislator's wives a "rousing" welcome reception at Murtala Mohammed Airport. How about protesting in front of the Oyo Assemby? But then you wont so long as there is Western Union. Guess what? That is about to stop because we are so fed up with your lack of interest in calling your rulers to order only to have us refund your money that they keep stealing. For in essence that is what you make us do.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by mekaboy(m): 4:57pm On Jul 22, 2012
Nashville: Nigerians in the Diaspora are playing their part. I wonder what the people at home are doing. Its time to hold these vagabonds accountable. I just cannot understand how this makes sense to anyone!! We need more protests of this sort AT HOME TOO!!
THE LAST MAN WHO CONDUCTED A PROTEST IN NIGERIA , WAS SHOT IN THE STOMACH. CHECK THE FROM PAGE FOR DETAILS grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by Greatfuture: 4:59pm On Jul 22, 2012
Nigeria leaders showing their stupidity and lack of interest in the plight of its people
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by labbyboi(m): 4:59pm On Jul 22, 2012
Our money Our money Our money...#singing#
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by SamAfrik(m): 5:00pm On Jul 22, 2012
The only thing restricting those @ home is their safety.
Protests like that could bring hail of bullets & tear gas frm our poverty ridden police.
Politicians wil alwys blame d opposition for such protests unlike d devpd nations.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by isuomo: 5:00pm On Jul 22, 2012
This Oyo Speaker worked for so many years in the Home Office in UK rising to become a senior manager, she lived in London for over 25years her children are all in London this puts a lie to the thinking that only diaspora Nigerians can save Nigeria. I spoke with the Chief of Staff to Oyo State governor on Friday and he said the governor is hopping mad with anger 'cos this trip was arranged without the knowledge of the executive he was of the opinion that they cleverly avoided Ajimobi because he would have kicked against the trip big time.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by Olaone1: 5:04pm On Jul 22, 2012
isuomo: This Oyo Speaker worked for so many years in the Home Office in UK rising to become a senior manager, she lived in London for over 25years her children are all in London this puts a lie to the thinking that only diaspora Nigerians can save Nigeria. I spoke with the Chief of Staff to Oyo State governor on Friday and he said the governor is hopping mad with anger 'cos this trip was arranged without the knowledge of the executive he was of the opinion that they cleverly avoided Ajimobi because he would have kicked against the trip big time.
What a f**king liar. Cretin!
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by dasparrow: 5:04pm On Jul 22, 2012
ROSSIKE: ''The 31 women, who were led by Speaker of the state’s House of Assembly, Jumoke Sumonu, were in London t[b]o attend a workshop on how to support their husbands for effective performance in their legislative duties.[/b]''

We have serious problems if we also need the whites to teach our women how to support their husbands.

In fact we've lost our minds, and all dignity and sense of shame. Colonialism has rendered us mad.

What next? We attend workshop in London to teach us how to wipe our asses after shiitting??

Na so.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by naijaforlife: 5:05pm On Jul 22, 2012
Na today! even wives of local government councillors in Lagos, yes Lagos, just returned from similar trip to South Africa. Mtcheeew
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by ayox2003: 5:08pm On Jul 22, 2012
isuomo: This Oyo Speaker worked for so many years in the Home Office in UK rising to become a senior manager, she lived in London for over 25years her children are all in London this puts a lie to the thinking that only diaspora Nigerians can save Nigeria. I spoke with the Chief of Staff to Oyo State governor on Friday and he said the governor is hopping mad with anger 'cos this trip was arranged without the knowledge of the executive he was of the opinion that they cleverly avoided Ajimobi because he would have kicked against the trip big time.

And u want us to believe that? Lets take it that Ajimobi wasnt aware. What about his wife? She didnt know that her friends are out of the country? Even the speaker? LOL.

I wont budge for this at all.

Frawzey
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by n0m0705(m): 5:11pm On Jul 22, 2012
ifihearam: In asmuch as I agree with you,the pdp in the state has no right to condemn them becos they are worst.

Agreed the PDP are worse but don't you think that is irrelevant here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Policemen In Delta Beat A Taxi Driver Over Refusal To Pay N100 Bribe(Photos) / House Of Rep Summons Fashola Over Epileptic Power Supply / BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.