Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London (18443 Views)

Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges / Sule Lamido Being Harassed By EFCC While Amaechi Walks Free! / APC Members Killed And Harassed In Rivers – Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by AbibO1: 8:02pm On Jul 22, 2012
What a great waste!!! Many graduates are out there without job, May Almighty Allah punish their generations.OYO TI DARU!!!
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by bobokelly(m): 8:33pm On Jul 22, 2012
Kudos to oyo indegens in londo, to be frankly speaking, this is absolutely rubish, wasting the state fund, their husband were voted into office does not mean they have seen AWUF money they rubish, while millions can not afford one meal in a day, too bad.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by yemmy19(m): 9:01pm On Jul 22, 2012
ROSSIKE: ''The 31 women, who were led by Speaker of the state’s House of Assembly, Jumoke Sumonu, were in London t[b]o attend a workshop on how to support their husbands for effective performance in their legislative duties.[/b]''

We have serious problems if we also need the whites to teach our women how to support their husbands.

In fact we've lost our minds, and all dignity and sense of shame. Colonialism has rendered us mad.

What next? We attend workshop in London to teach us how to wipe our asses after shiitting??
SECONDED by YEMMY19
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by walexy14(m): 9:38pm On Jul 22, 2012
Emmy Boy: They shld be welcomed @ d airport here with more protests and embarrassment.
.I Seconded n promise to b @ D̶̲̥̅̊ airport for D̶̲̥̅̊ protest.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by Dtwoabbey(m): 9:52pm On Jul 22, 2012
Infact sorry for this Ajimobi's government o. We are here in the state experiencing lack of enough fund to pay workers and good infrastructures are not available for use while some are going outside the country to waste our money in the course of having seminar that i can personally rendered to them here in Oyo state and safe Oyo state more money for another important project. Well, all i want to say now is that God almighty will continue to judge them all in Jesus name. O ga o. Bi eniyan ba ti je dodo enu re ko ni le so ododo mo. Awon legislators ti n je dodo bayi, enu won ko le so ododo mo ooooooooooooooo. Arabinrin sumonu ti kuna gege bii obinrin akoko ti yoo je abenugan ile asofin ni ipinle Oyo. God safe us ooooo.Infact sorry for this Ajimobi's government o. We are here in the state experiencing lack of enough fund to pay workers and good infrastructures are not available for use while some are going outside the country to waste our money in the course of having seminar that i can personally rendered to them here in Oyo state and safe Oyo state more money for another important project. Well, all i want to say now is that God almighty will continue to judge them all in Jesus name. O ga o. Bi eniyan ba ti je dodo enu re ko ni le so ododo mo. Awon legislators ti n je dodo bayi, enu won ko le so ododo mo ooooooooooooooo. Arabinrin sumonu ti kuna gege bii obinrin akoko ti yoo je abenugan ile asofin ni ipinle Oyo. God safe us ooooo.Infact sorry for this Ajimobi's government o. We are here in the state experiencing lack of enough fund to pay workers and good infrastructures are not available for use while some are going outside the country to waste our money in the course of having seminar that i can personally rendered to them here in Oyo state and safe Oyo state more money for another important project. Well, all i want to say now is that God almighty will continue to judge them all in Jesus name. O ga o. Bi eniyan ba ti je dodo enu re ko ni le so ododo mo. Awon legislators ti n je dodo bayi, enu won ko le so ododo mo ooooooooooooooo. Arabinrin sumonu ti kuna gege bii obinrin akoko ti yoo je abenugan ile asofin ni ipinle Oyo. God safe us ooooo.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by chrisxxx(m): 9:53pm On Jul 22, 2012
Oyo people thank you. If this had succeeded Rivers State would have followed suit.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by Dejiro(m): 10:18pm On Jul 22, 2012
Quote from Mrs Monsurat Jumoke Sumonu's 10th December 2011 interview.

"I do my shopping mainly in England. I have not been able to shop in Nigeria because I still have more than enough clothes I brought from the UK. But for my regalia, I do buy them in Saudi Arabia whenever I go there for my Hajj."

Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by Akainzo(m): 10:22pm On Jul 22, 2012
ayox2003:

I can relate to that! He's a shrewd fella!

But how will the speaker leave this country for days without the knowledge/permission of the Governor? Haba!

Akande wants to wash the govts hand off the matter when it finally blew way out of proportion!

Them be thieves!
Frawzey.

The woman is a Speaker of the House of Assembly, not a civil servant, so she DOES NOT need the permission of the Governor to travel to anywhere she wants. She might inform the Governor, but she does not need his permission.
Note also that once the money has been voted to the assembly, the Governor has no further rights on HOW the money is spent, all he can do is report to EFCC for them to investigate if they fall foul of any law, other than that, the Governor is powerless.

I am amazed that we are always clamouring for things to be done properly, yet when it suits us we demand for jungle democracy.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by PosCaricature: 10:25pm On Jul 22, 2012
Na God go punish all of them one by one for our resources wey dem dey waste. Can I hear amen from somebody?
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by Akainzo(m): 10:26pm On Jul 22, 2012
seunlayi: Please, nobody should come here to put up any useless defence of the Gov. How can u explain to a primary school pupil in Oyo state that wives of the 30+ house member left Ibadan for London and the Governor did not know about it? Haba!

Hmmm, you might want to grab hold a secondary school Government textbook as I am sure a orimary school kid would not know it, but anyone that has passed throuigh secondary school would understand it.
The woman is a Speaker of the House of Assembly, which makes her a Public Servant, however she does not report to the Governor like all other civil servant and thus DOES NOT need the Governor's permission to travel to anywhere. She might want to inform the Governor, but she does not require his permission.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by waice6571: 10:32pm On Jul 22, 2012
They went for training on how to be a sigle mother or a widow.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by MaxDick9ja: 10:35pm On Jul 22, 2012
Please when are they returning so I can also do my own protesting... ? I'm not Oyo but...
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by sherrylo: 10:42pm On Jul 22, 2012
They went for training on how to cook gbegiri ati ewedu and how to screw thier husband's very well so those UI Babes no go collect them.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by NovusHomo(m): 10:58pm On Jul 22, 2012
Paris: Since you guys are too afraid to stand up for your own good, I guess we have to do something from our various bases where we are laboring for our host countries instead of Nigeria. I am thinking of Diasporan Army for Nigeria's Liberation. We can put it together. What do you think?

Ibadan: I don't know. Sounds like a good idea, Long as you are not among the fighters. (Western Union on my mind)
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by Rexyl(m): 11:10pm On Jul 22, 2012
I found this difficult to believe, thinking that these people showing themselves by all available means as the messiah of 'their own kind', playing intelligence of their subjects by series of falsehood, hypocrisy and deception. I pray their subjects would soon recover from devastating effects of fooling and pressing down on them.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by tunnytox(m): 11:18pm On Jul 22, 2012
Awon oloriburuku gbogbo, obo(monkey) kii jere leyin oko(motor), ofo (waste) lomi efo (vegetables) n se, asedanu ni alakan (crab) n se po won o ni jere laye.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by ogahope(m): 11:29pm On Jul 22, 2012
this is to show d poor vision of dos we call our leaders. most of dem see leadership as an opportunity to enrich nd enjoy ur self nt a call to service any more. Dos dt fail to use power witin d scope of d society's approval 'll stand 2 loose it. Nigerians shine ur eyes.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by tpia5: 11:51pm On Jul 22, 2012
The trip has generated public anger and criticisms, as it was funded with state funds, allegedly to the tune of N50 million, with stipends given to the women for shopping.

i'm sure this cant be true.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by tpia5: 11:52pm On Jul 22, 2012
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by kaeto(m): 2:13am On Jul 23, 2012
qplus: Will this trip make any change in d price of garri? If not, its a waste to d dumb brain dat put it together.
you should be ashamed of this comment. You and food, that's all you know, garri, smh.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by braveheart2012(m): 3:14am On Jul 23, 2012
Dejiro: Quote from Mrs Monsurat Jumoke Sumonu's 10th December 2011 interview.

"I do my shopping mainly in England. I have not been able to shop in Nigeria because I still have more than enough clothes I brought from the UK. But for my regalia, I do buy them in Saudi Arabia whenever I go there for my Hajj."

I know Mrs. Sumonu and her family well. She has lived in London since the seventies. She owns property in the UK and was quite well-to-do before she was elected into office. Mrs Sumonu doesn't need government money to shop in London or in Saudi Arabia! Ditto for Ajimobi! I have known the Ajimobi's since I was a kid! That man made a ton of money and was rich before becoming governor! I knew them when they were just a middle class family; they are honest and very good people. Their Dad worked extremely hard to get to where he is today (I witnessed his hustle myself). People need to stop commenting on things they know nothing about!
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by s1(m): 3:54am On Jul 23, 2012
interesting,they must have learnt there lesson.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by s1(m): 4:02am On Jul 23, 2012
why can't they go to ghana or calabar for there stupid training.i think those women must have leanrt there lesson
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by noiseless: 4:37am On Jul 23, 2012
We need someone like Madam.Arunma Oteh, to be placed in such area of governance and stop the jamboree nonsense, only that due to hatred for the rule of law many with eyes but choosed not see will commit suicide to rubbish such moves.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by timowale: 6:08am On Jul 23, 2012
the protest by these people should be highly applauded by all& sundry.thump up to u guyz!
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by boladez(m): 6:28am On Jul 23, 2012
...........Interesting, it would be good to know the source of funding of this jamboree. They could have learnt how to support their husbands from their imam or pastor or Jujuman. If the funds are from government, the funding arm should be queried for waste of state resources. To imagine that they increased the price of fuel to 140 in January to fund this type of reckless waste.

If they chartered a place, this is the type that should have crashed. These politicians are not aware that Nigerians are now more involved in how the collective resources are allocated and we would continue to hound and piker them until they do the right things

Shame on them all
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by Crown128(m): 6:40am On Jul 23, 2012
That is a good one from Oyo in the diaspora. Nigeria will be a better place if other can follow their path not only in abroad also those at home. Let everybody stop celebrating all these legislooters and rogues
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by shineeye1: 8:18am On Jul 23, 2012
It is sad to see how supposed leaders have elevated wasteful spending of scarce public fund to a state art. The misguided legislooter was saying that leaders of all nations are catered for from state funds. That statement is callous and mischievous to say the least. To them, state funds can be applied at will for the fantasies of Leaders wives, children, relations and friends while the basic needs of the fund owners are left unattended to. That is absolute madness. It is sad that only indigenes of the state who are in London are taking action against this madness. Where are those at home? The madness among rulers will continue as long as the people condone it. Every group of people therefore deserves the leadership they get.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by sayso: 8:48am On Jul 23, 2012
Dejiro: Quote from Mrs Monsurat Jumoke Sumonu's 10th December 2011 interview.

Don't worry Mrs Monsurat Jumoke Sumonu,soon the earth will take you to its abode to do eternal shopping.Fool.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by mikolo08(m): 9:17am On Jul 23, 2012
braveheart2012:

I know Mrs. Sumonu and her family well. She has lived in London since the seventies. She owns property in the UK and was quite well-to-do before she was elected into office. Mrs Sumonu doesn't need government money to shop in London or in Saudi Arabia! (I witnessed his hustle myself). People need to stop commenting on things they know nothing about!

Pls and pls spare us all this your true confessions!,who cares if she owns properties in Hell fire undecided,and the well to do blah blah blah talksundecided?.
The bowl of contention here is that the trip is senseless and a waste of public funds/ taxpayers money.And the most annoying thing is that, she's still making some unguarded speeches undecided.Living in london my foot undecided. *Spits*!!!.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Lawmakers' Wives Harassed In London by Anvaller: 9:25am On Jul 23, 2012
braveheart2012:

I know Mrs. Sumonu and her family well. She has lived in London since the seventies. She owns property in the UK and was quite well-to-do before she was elected into office. Mrs Sumonu doesn't need government money to shop in London or in Saudi Arabia! Ditto for Ajimobi! I have known the Ajimobi's since I was a kid! That man made a ton of money and was rich before becoming governor! I knew them when they were just a middle class family; they are honest and very good people. Their Dad worked extremely hard to get to where he is today (I witnessed his hustle myself). People need to stop commenting on things they know nothing about!

Look meehn, this kind of statement is pointless. The fact that u are a rich man or woman does not make u a righteous or perfect person in any ramification. It only gives u an advantage over others. U are trying to absolve Ajimobi and Sumonu of this ill because u know them I have also known Ajimobi since 1993 there in Oluyole Estate... he is arrogant! if u claim to know him very well and u are not aware that he is, I smell sycophancy. I look at every one that I know along Alaafin avenue back then in Oluyole, who didn't work hard for their money? even on his street... Do u mean he was way richer than the Oyo treasury

Look, what u need to understand is that Sumonu's action is ACN's game plan (reminds me of another guy in here trying to tell us Ajimobi doesn't know about it). The whole thing is not solely about money but a part of their strategy to constantly keep the lawmakers locked down to the Governor's interest like buying them cars, houses, taking their wives to London etc but unfortunately, whose fund would they use to execute such strategies? public fund of course. Don't u understand?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shehu Atiku Is Dead / Judge Refuses To Give Judgement In Case Between Cecilia Adams And Ayade / Adeleke: Music Stops Abruptly For The ‘Dancing Governor’?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.