Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

What The Quran Says About Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What The Quran Says About Christians (1108 Views)

The Truth About Christians / The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow / What I Observe About Christians On Nl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Quran Says About Christians by Maisuya1: 4:26pm On Jul 22, 2012
I was just reciting my daily dose of Ramadan Quran and came accros this verse. Interesting

"Strongest among men in enmity to the believers wilt thou find the Jews and Pagans; and nearest among them in love to the believers wilt thou find those who say, "We are Christians": because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant.
And when they listen to the revelation received by the Messenger, thou wilt see their eyes overflowing with tears, for they recognise the truth: they pray: "Our Lord! we believe; write us down among the witnesses."
Q 5: 82-83
Re: What The Quran Says About Christians by gonon: 4:39pm On Jul 22, 2012
And what does it mean?
Re: What The Quran Says About Christians by Chanchit: 4:59pm On Jul 22, 2012
E be like say d fasting don make ur brain dey leak, abeg go chop....
Re: What The Quran Says About Christians by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 22, 2012
The Quran is full of contradictions to suit every way of life the followers want to.
Their Allah commands them to be peaceful. It also commands them to kill people.

I've always known this passage in the Quran, I also know another passage that explicitly commands to Kill these same people IT itself has said are good peaceful men....
Re: What The Quran Says About Christians by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 22, 2012
Some will use the Quran to try and make better friendships with their fellow man ( if such a thing is possible ) , while others will use it to justify the killing of others.

My conclusion is that Muslims just like any other group of people have the good and bad, hopefully the good far outweigh the bad, but it takes only a few bad numbers to cause worldwide chaos in the name of ALLAH.

I have many Muslim friends who are just normal people trying to make a living and the last thing on their mind is hatred talk less of violence.

God knows best, his judgements are right and without respect of persons, we wait for the day of Judgement.
Re: What The Quran Says About Christians by tpia5: 12:34am On Jul 23, 2012
i think he's talking about christians converting to islam.
Re: What The Quran Says About Christians by Habyz(m): 11:50am On Jul 18, 2017
The Quran is full of contradictions to suit every way of life the followers want to.
Their Allah commands them to be peaceful. It also commands them to kill people.

I've always known this passage in the Quran, I also know another passage that explicitly commands to Kill these same people IT itself has said are good peaceful men....
If their really are contradictions like you say why not type the passages

(1) (Reply)

How Jesus Christ Described Hell / Excerpts Of A Discussion I Had With A Nairalander About God, 666, Hell Etc / Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.