Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,387 members, 7,836,558 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 (8995 Views)

Poll: Your ipinion?

I support this.: 38% (10 votes)
I don't support this.: 61% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Photos From FUTO Convocation As Okorocha Bags Doctorate Degree / Students: 10 Mistakes That Can Cost You First Class Degree By XFIRE / 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by RichyBlacK(m): 5:18pm On Dec 12, 2007
almondjoy:

Yes! keep waiting. I say we are coming! cool

@ almondjoy,

You're a Nigerian. Why do you show so much callousness on this issue of coming back to help Nigeria?
Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by somze(f): 8:58pm On Dec 12, 2007
Yes I know some professors, doctors and experienced professionals in their fields that in theory wont mind coming to help but their kids and wives are just so used to the developed and organised life they enjoy and do you blame them.

A few seem to want to make the decision when things are not going so well, but they battle it out there and sometimes things pick up and they quickly forget the prospect.

Our system does not just seem appealing to the ear at this time. I am optimistic however that if we have certain incentives and a better infrastructure in equipments, accomodation and salary dispensation then we can attract those who have Nigerian at heart, and perhaps even more.
Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by Kobojunkie: 9:24pm On Dec 12, 2007
somze:

Yes I know some professors, doctors and experienced professionals in their fields that in theory wont mind coming to help but their kids and wives are just so used to the developed and organised life they enjoy and do you blame them.

A few seem to want to make the decision when things are not going so well, but they battle it out there and sometimes things pick up and they quickly forget the prospect.

Our system does not just seem appealing to the ear at this time. I am optimistic however that if we have certain incentives and a better infrastructure in equipments, accomodation and salary dispensation then we can attract those who have Nigerian at heart, and perhaps even more.

Even when things get better. You believe they will leave behind their fat pay checks to go back to Nigeria for minimum wage?? LMAO!!!! NOTICE IT IS A QUESTION!!
Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by blueband(m): 9:54pm On Dec 12, 2007
Another useless policy.How many lecturers in University of London or Havard have PHDs?

You can research a particular field and be an expert in it without extra paper qualification.

A very good example is in the field of medicine where most lecturers don't have PHDs .
Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by somze(f): 10:11pm On Dec 12, 2007
Kobojunkie:

Even when things get better. You believe they will leave behind their fat pay checks to go back to Nigeria for minimum wage?? LMAO!!!! NOTICE IT IS A QUESTION!!
Incentives, allowances, payment of salaries as at when due, standard accomodation, equipments are a few things that can change the mind of most.

Trust me salaries are not so fat with respect to others there, it's just fat when you exchange them. Most folks still stand in line to get to club . . . we know the big boys.

Anyway some folks keep businesses here and use it to finance families abroad so it's achieveable just needs the right things.

Our Education system is non-existent and needs absolute overhauling and revival. Folks that have proved themselves in other parts of the world would be a great part of the solution to help the restructuting.
Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by Kobojunkie: 10:15pm On Dec 12, 2007
somze:

Incentives, allowances, payment of salaries as at when due, standard accomodation, equipments are a few things that can change the mind of most.

Trust me salaries are not so fat with respect to others there, it's just fat when you exchange them. Most folks still stand in line to get to club . . . we know the big boys.

Anyway some folks keep businesses here and use it to finance families abroad so it's achieveable just needs the right things.

Our Education system is non-existent and needs absolute overhauling and revival. Folks that have proved themselves in other parts of the world would be a great part of the solution to help the restructuting.

Like I said before, I have yet to find any additional data to support a move to provide incentives in the near future for the existing tutors/lecturers we have to help them the system so I remain skeptical that this move will actually work.
Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by chiegemba(f): 10:56pm On Dec 12, 2007
What wont we hear!!! By d time u know it one would be made to have a masters degree to  fry akara or sell other food stuffs! Abeg me jare! Nigeria hasnt gotten to the root of its problems yet. Until it is addressed before we(nigeria as a whole) would be able to move forward in life! wink
Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by naijaway(m): 11:30pm On Dec 12, 2007
@chiegemba, qualifications is also part of the national problem whether we like it or not; it also is a problem in our political and ministrial positions cuz if u think about it, when all these African heads of states sit with their Asian, European, American, etc counterparts they just look foolish there cuz they don't grasp nothing experpt a few broken down basic informations. They are not as intelligient as others so to speak so in other to change that we need to start enforcing qualifications on a varity of arenas including education but with some form of help for the lecturers.
@post, If we had educated leaders in and around Nigeria, we will not have rampant dictactors, or power holders for years and years; we will have visionaries that will drive the country to and through the best routes; we will be looked upon with higher regard on the international stage.
Lastly, if we reform our standards, all dat cheating in schools will be curbed to a very low minimal and students will be given multiple opportunities to pass a test they failed without compriomising the quality. Is a shame that we are in a bad state, so naija needs a total reform and all that stuff of if u study medicine but heading an engineering department etc needs to be curbed at the higer , middle, and some of the lower levels. A Nigeria with a massive genuine educated population will bring development; stability; less tribal; infrastructure; energy supplies, manufacturing, international might; democracy and less chiefs, obas, and sheiks. All of these is just to name a few but it also needs a collective effort of some sort whether u live there or not.
Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by chiegemba(f): 11:41pm On Dec 12, 2007
@naijaway; like u said its part that's not the major problem. we need 2 address d root of d problems 1st before goin 2 d surface. y should a Doctorate b enforced and given a deadline? what happens if most lecturers arent able to achieve d set goal then d uni(s) would end up with little or no lecturers tell me how d situation would then b improved in Nigeria?
All am sayin is 1st thing 1st. Dat could then b addressed when Nigeria is more stable  undecided wink
Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by Kobojunkie: 11:41pm On Dec 12, 2007
naijaway:

@chiegemba, qualifications is also part of the national problem whether we like it or not; it also is a problem in our political and ministrial positions because if u think about it, when all these African heads of states sit with their Asian, European, American, etc counterparts they just look foolish there because they don't grasp nothing experpt a few broken down basic informations. They are not as intelligient as others so to speak so in other to change that we need to start enforcing qualifications on a varity of arenas including education but with some form of help for the lecturers.
@post, If we had educated leaders in and around Nigeria, we will not have rampant dictactors, or power holders for years and years; we will have visionaries that will drive the country to and through the best routes; we will be looked upon with higher regard on the international stage.
Lastly, if we reform our standards, all that cheating in schools will be curbed to a very low minimal and students will be given multiple opportunities to pass a test they failed without compriomising the quality. Is a shame that we are in a bad state, so naija needs a total reform and all that stuff of if u study medicine but heading an engineering department etc needs to be curbed at the higer , middle, and some of the lower levels. A Nigeria with a massive genuine educated population will bring development; stability; less tribal; infrastructure; energy supplies, manufacturing, international might; democracy and less chiefs, obas, and sheiks. All of these is just to name a few but it also needs a collective effort of some sort whether u live there or not.

I don't believe that a college degree is required for one to run for office. I have met educated Nigerians with college degrees who can not put together a good sentence.  grin ( just felt to add that)
Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by chiegemba(f): 11:46pm On Dec 12, 2007
i hear u!
grin grin grin grin
Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by naijaway(m): 11:53pm On Dec 12, 2007
@kobojunkie, i agree that not all graduates are intelligent but at leat it is better in the sake of advancement, intelligence, international and internal arenas, etc that we have a lot of educated candidates to vote from than a bunch of illitrates, so called ignorant chiefs this and that ,etc for us to vote from. In a worst case scenerio of where we have an incompetent but educated candidate, at least it will be some how known to the masses before the vote cuz it will be very visible unlike where we have fools running for office with one thing on their mind power to oppress and steal.
Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by naijaway(m): 12:00am On Dec 13, 2007
@chiegemba, what are other issues bigger than a massive epidemic of illitrates and cheats in a whole country. What it brings is importation of everything including the basics even when we have the resources. And as u can see, there's no morals in management, we lack electricity cuz majority of the population are not being innovative so the anger is shifted to tribalism, more chiefs gaining popularity and religious incitements. It has to start from somewhere and yes I don't really agree with the deadline but i wouldn't put that kind of deadline without a plan b, c, d, e, f.
Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by iykrion(m): 1:08am On Dec 13, 2007
With incentives such as research grants, allowances, good salaries, consistent exposures to seminars, symposia, talks, workshops inter alia, a first degree holder will do better than a professor who lacks all these.

Let the government stop chasing shadows and paying lip service to the education sector. A paper Phd will not salvage the Nigeria's dwindling education sector, but a brain Phd will.
Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by almondjoy(f): 2:14am On Dec 13, 2007
RichyBlacK:

@ almondjoy,

You're a Nigerian. Why do you show so much callousness on this issue of coming back to help Nigeria?

Is anyone questioning my nationality in this world? undecided  Does not stop me from saying what I feel is right.

Kobojunkie:

I don't believe that a college degree is required for one to run for office. I[b] have met educated Nigerians with college degrees who can not put together a good sentence.[/b]  grin ( just felt to add that)

iykrion:

With incentives such as research grants, allowances, good salaries, consistent exposures to seminars, symposia, talks, workshops inter alia, a first degree holder will do better than a professor who lacks all these.

Let the government stop chasing shadows and paying lip service to the education sector. A paper Phd will not salvage the Nigeria's dwindling education sector, but a brain Phd will.

Have you noticed that a 2 year old toddler in any developed country can beat a Nigerian PHD holder hands down in any "Spelling Bee" contest? Like getting PHDs is the main solution to the problem of mass illiteracy and cognitive malformation in the collective Nigerian mindset. 

Just compare the education our parents received without PHDs to the ones our jet age institutions in Nigeria are producing now.  A so called "Standard 6" holder, like my grandfather in those days--pardon my archaic expression--will put any modern day PHD holder in Nigeria to shame when it comes to simple comprehension and verbal/written skills.  Most of these so called PHD holders are part time spare parts dealers at Alaba, New Benin, Onitsha or Aba. Just look at what most of the so called representative sample of Nairaland Youths--are churning out here. You wonder if there is any hope at all.

Rubbish!
Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by Dreloaded(f): 2:16am On Dec 13, 2007
It's "correct" English, not "good"

DeVry sha cheesy
Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by almondjoy(f): 2:19am On Dec 13, 2007
D-reloaded:

It's "correct" English, not "good"

DeVry sha cheesy

Don't even start! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Dev-Ly you mean! I say you are not serious at all! Gosh! That is the equivalent of "Bells University, Covenant University and Madonnn or ABTI Universities in Nigeria!

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!
Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by ndubest(m): 7:34am On Dec 13, 2007
, may be this will help some of the lecturers that are not so hard working to sit up and complete the research work they started many years ago

it will also reduce the issue of frustration by some postgraduate students as their supervisors will never allow them to finish their work so as to be under perpertual servitude to them

i just pray and hope it will not lead mass production of ill prepared PhD holders

kudos to NUC
Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by Shinatu: 9:16am On Dec 13, 2007
@All

A PHD is not just a 'paper qualification'

@Almondjoy

Have you noticed that a 2 year old toddler in any developed country can beat a Nigerian PHD holder hands down in any "Spelling Bee" contest? Like getting PHDs is the main solution to the problem of mass illiteracy and cognitive malformation in the collective Nigerian mindset.

I have not noticed (and believe me, I have been around this globe to an extent),please anyone who has such an experience should share it.
Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by almondjoy(f): 9:24am On Dec 13, 2007
Shinatu:

@All

A PHD is not just a 'paper qualification'

@Almondjoy

I have not noticed (and believe me, I have been around this globe to an extent),please anyone who has such an experience should share it.

You just proved my point!  Ever heard of a figurative expression? undecided  Getting a PHD is not the problem as you have just shown me.  Once the basic foundation is not there, you can never have any kind of "intellectual" transplant to remedy that handicap of deficiency.  Too late!

Happy Holidays! kiss
Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by Akolawole(m): 9:46am On Dec 13, 2007
@Kobojunkie

What give you the impression that PHD Holders in west is always better than Nigeria's own?

99% of my Pals who studied in UK got 2:1(second class upper). i knew they will never get that grade in Nigeria because they are just average student.

One of my girls relocated to UK few years ago and in her first chemistry(A level) class, she was adjudge to be a genius because she knows every single prominent atomic numbers of elements whereas her UK cunterparts were struggling.

Our education may appears to be bad but there are exceptions.

@Topic

Sanity must start from somewhere.

It will turn out good for Nigeria.
Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by ayo84(m): 10:24am On Dec 13, 2007
We are shut up in schools and college recitation rooms for ten or fifteen years, and come out at last with a bellyful of words and do not know a thing.
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-82) US. essayist and poet.

getting PHDs is not the main solution, when obasanjo increased the salary pay for lecturers ,everybody joined the bandwagon
people started getting their masters degree , without the passion to propagate knowledge to students but to earn a living.

most of our lecturers in universities today don't care whether they are impacting knowledge or not or contributing to the economy,they are so bothered about their pay-more than anything else.
Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by ayo84(m): 10:41am On Dec 13, 2007
The principal goal of education is to create men who are capable of doing new things, not simply of repeating what other generations have done.
Jean Piaget (1896-1980) Swiss cognitive psychologist.

Most of our lecturers spend their time recycling information handed down to them from time

we are still cracking our heads solving complex equations when people are making ipods.

I remember an exam we wrote in school,everybody had to cram a 5 page mathematically proof to pass.
You had to write this proof correctly and precisely so that our PHD lecturer wouldn't score you and f9.
we keep on repeating and repeating what was celebrated 100 years ago and not one lecturer has broken the norm.

In my school for instance-in the maths/computer section a lecturer still does pascal and qbasic programming and funny enough they haven't even developed a software of theirs before.

Thank God for ambitious and dynamic students who on their own try and learn without any assistance from their lecturers

These lecturers don't know JACK SHIT and they keep complaining about increments in salary and stuff.

He who can, does. He who cannot, teaches.

If they make PHD's compulsory we'll see another crazy chase by the lecturers to get PHD compliant
Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by koko777(m): 11:02am On Dec 13, 2007
PHD? correct!
Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by Geniall: 11:53am On Dec 13, 2007
@almondjoy

I cannot believe that you have a PhD and are driving a cab in NY. Either you wrote this in jest or there is something wrong with your story. Of course, that could be the career path you have chosen, although I seriously doubt this.

almondjoy:

Is anyone questioning my nationality in this world? undecided  Does not stop me from saying what I feel is right.

This is nonsense. I am sure you do not mean this to be taken seriously.

Just compare the education our parents received without PHDs to the ones our jet age institutions in Nigeria are producing now.  A so called "Standard 6" holder, like my grandfather in those days--pardon my archaic expression--will put any modern day PHD holder in Nigeria to shame when it comes to simple comprehension and verbal/written skills.  Most of these so called PHD holders are part time spare parts dealers at Alaba, New Benin, Onitsha or Aba. Just look at what most of the so called representative sample of Nairaland Youths--are churning out here. You wonder if there is any hope at all.

Rubbish!

Ridiculous, unsubstantiated bollocks again, I say. Why do you make these sweeping statements that ultimately have no meaning?

I agree that the majority of the lecturers in Nigerian government universities have no business being there in the first place. But does that make the requirement of a PhD to lecture an unnecessary measure?

I think not.
Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by blueband(m): 12:32pm On Dec 13, 2007
Geniall:

@almondjoy

I cannot believe that you have a PhD and are driving a cab in NY. Either you wrote this in jest or there is something wrong with your story. Of course, that could be the career path you have chosen, although I seriously doubt this.

This is nonsense. I am sure you do not mean this to be taken seriously.

Ridiculous, unsubstantiated bollocks again, I say. Why do you make these sweeping statements that ultimately have no meaning?

I agree that the majority of the lecturers in Nigerian government universities have no business being there in the first place. But does that make the requirement of a PhD to lecture an unnecessary measure?

I think not.

Believe it my friend.There are many Nigerian doctors,PHD holders,Engineers cabbing in the U.K.By the way,for your information a black cab driver earns more than the average medical doctor here.There income is around the region of £80,000-£100,000/Per Annumn for the ones that actually own the cabs.I visited a black cab driver the other day at home.He had a five bedroom duplex in Bromley.I asked him how much he earned-he told me on the average he makes about £300 daily.Just a trip from Canary Wharf to Central London in a black cab can cost upto £30.The hospital I work with have a retainership with a cab company so we can use for patient home visits.Just yesterday I took a cab and the bill was £36.I am seriously considering becoming a cabby myself,doctor or no doctor!
Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by Geniall: 12:48pm On Dec 13, 2007
blueband:

Believe it my friend.There are many Nigerian doctors,PHD holders,Engineers cabbing in the UK.By the way,for your information a black cab driver earns more than the average medical doctor here.There income is around the region of £80,000-£100,000/Per Annumn for the ones that actually own the cabs.I visited a black cab driver the other day at home.He had a five bedroom duplex in Bromley.I asked him how much he earned-he told me on the average he makes about £300 daily.Just a trip from Canary Wharf to Central London in a black cab can cost upto £30.The hospital I work with have a retainership with a cab company so we can use for patient home visits.Just yesterday I took a cab and the bill was £36.I am seriously considering becoming a cabby myself,doctor or no doctor!

Interesting. I stand corrected.

Do you like butter also?
Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by MP007(m): 1:47pm On Dec 13, 2007
good
Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by TerrySoft(m): 2:20pm On Dec 13, 2007
This thread is interesting and the NUC decision is a move in the right direction if only such moves could be implemented to curb examination malpractices and "sorting" (moneys often demanded by lectures in order to pass a student in a particular course).

In Nigeria, 50% of the problems we have is due to lack of accountability and this all started when our universities started producing degree holders who don't know how to right their names.

For instance, in my University days at the Rivers State University of Science & Technology, we had some student's who didn't show up for classes for weeks and months but they were having good grades. Can the university explain that I even knew someone who traveled out of the country two years after gaining admission, but he graduated three years later (in absentia). Can there be any explanation to this from the University Definitely not because these guys (top shots as they were called) have what it takes to buy the departmental reps, and then the lecturers and they lecturers (who claim to be underpaid) fell headlong for the "awoof".

Be that as it may, i could also remembers some lecturers who were impenetrable but there were still ways to use their children and in some cases their wives grin grin grin

All i'm saying is that making a "decree" that Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 is something good, but that is not where the bond of contention should be if NUC wants to turn things around in our universities
Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by deor03(m): 2:34pm On Dec 13, 2007
@mr blueband
Believe it my friend.There are many Nigerian doctors,PHD holders,Engineers cabbing in the UK.By the way,for your information a black cab driver earns more than the average medical doctor here.There income is around the region of £80,000-£100,000/Per Annumn for the ones that actually own the cabs.I visited a black cab driver the other day at home.He had a five bedroom duplex in Bromley.I asked him how much he earned-he told me on the average he makes about £300 daily.Just a trip from Canary Wharf to Central London in a black cab can cost upto £30.The hospital I work with have a retainership with a cab company so we can use for patient home visits.Just yesterday I took a cab and the bill was £36.I am seriously considering becoming a cabby myself,doctor or no doctor!

do you know also that "escorts" or better still "ashawo " earn about £200/hour in the UK. You can consider your girlfriend trying it.
Rubbish , so because of money you want to drop your degree and become a taxi driver
Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by Akolawole(m): 3:25pm On Dec 13, 2007
blueband:

(1) There are many Nigerian doctors,PHD holders,Engineers cabbing in the UK.By the way,for your information a black cab driver earns more than the average medical doctor here.

(2) I visited a black cab driver the other day at home.He had a five bedroom duplex in Bromley.

1) PHD holders cabbing in UK! Cab Drivers earning more than Medical doctors? cry I disagree with you completely. Do You know how much Cab Driver pay weekly to their controller in the office?

I knew about Cab business in UK, its not like that at all.

Most of them make additional money by claiming Job seekers allowance while doing cabbing.

2) I am speechless in this o. An average 4 bed house in Bromley is £300k. Na wa o.
Re: NUC: Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 by Kobojunkie: 4:01pm On Dec 13, 2007
TerrySoft:

This thread is interesting and the NUC decision is a move in the right direction if only such moves could be implemented to curb examination malpractices and "sorting" (moneys often demanded by lectures in order to pass a student in a particular course).

In Nigeria, 50% of the problems we have is due to lack of accountability and this all started when our universities started producing degree holders who don't know how to right their names.

For instance, in my University days at the Rivers State University of Science & Technology, we had some student's who didn't show up for classes for weeks and months but they were having good grades. Can the university explain that I even knew someone who traveled out of the country two years after gaining admission, but he graduated three years later (in absentia). Can there be any explanation to this from the University Definitely not because these guys (top shots as they were called) have what it takes to buy the departmental reps, and then the lecturers and they lecturers (who claim to be underpaid) fell headlong for the "awoof".

Be that as it may, i could also remembers some lecturers who were impenetrable but there were still ways to use their children and in some cases their wives grin grin grin

All i'm saying is that making a "decree" that Lecturers Must Obtain Doctorate Degree By 2009 is something good, but that is not where the bond of contention should be if NUC wants to turn things around in our universities

Agreed. It is a good move but without providing incentives that will actually help CHANGE things long term, this will just be a repeat of what we have been doing for decades now,which is, attacking a the problem from one corner and believing that somehow when we move on to other corners, the former remain fixed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Unimaid Admission Is Out!!! / Ilesa Prison Prepares 30 Inmates For University Education / Registration For A'level Admission IJMB | NABTEB A'LEVEL Now Open !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.