Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face (48091 Views)

Need Help For An Oily Face That Causes Pimples / Tips on how to Manage an Oily face- Result guaranteed! / Good Cream For An Oily Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by ladysmart: 2:10pm On Jul 26, 2012
Super1759: it is called tilapia skin or tortise wrapper
lol
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by goosebumps: 2:30pm On Jul 26, 2012
i have a lot of tiny spots and pimples on my face nd hve tryed a lot of facial stuff but they dont help. especialy around my cycle den they become huge pimples.
plus i'm very lightskinned so they always appear red. wat can i do?
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by Buchianom(m): 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2012
Tnx fr ds thread OP,I av learnt sm tips here....would try usin lime.
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by pharuk: 2:43pm On Jul 26, 2012
Good tip,
But what i have come to understand (Spoke with a dermatologist and he says diff people have diff skin)
If u have money u will be best knowing the type of skin u have and what u need to apply.

While i was in Uni, my face was constantly shinning, enough to fry fish, i had boils with pimples on top of them, the black spot was like someone used a black crayon on my skin.
I used everything i could afford, its so bad that when u speaking to someone, u know the person is staring at your face..

Cant believe what happened, but everything vanished with age.

1 Like

Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by YEBOKO(m): 3:03pm On Jul 26, 2012
Pls nlanders wht about KELIOD any solution,thanks in advance
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by bukahands(m): 3:31pm On Jul 26, 2012
Donalð Genes:

i seconded your comment!!
I do that once in three days though not daily cos u miqht not have time or even remember to do that..but practically,i wash ma face like 3 times a day,,i used to hv pimples n black spot b4 but now my face is as clean as a clean slate..and b4 i sleep i wash ma face,rub ma dustinq powder which is very effective,,,i cant remember d last time i had rouqh face.......make sure wherever your are either in d office or annyway,,when it is mid day,thats when exactly pimples and oily face beqin to form in our faces,touch your face n see if you will feel anythinq oily there,then look for a pure water and wash it off with soap...remember you can alwas have all these tiny soaps which is portable in your wallet or baq dependinq on both qender of the divide..it makes sense for realiest,so 4 any black spot,i use Hydraulic oil n apply with a tint of drop usinq ear cotton bud at that black spot and within 2 days its all qone...u dont need all this expensive face products.......just folo ma lead

Please what is hydraulic oil and where can I get it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by stevSKY(m): 3:33pm On Jul 26, 2012
soon somebody will tel us to drink our urine 3 tyms a day....... hehheheeheheh

1 Like

Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by kcpumping(m): 3:38pm On Jul 26, 2012
mekaboy: WHAT APPEARS ON.THE FACE COMES FROM WITHIN.

ILL ADVICE U USE LEMON . DRINK LEMON JUICE AND WATER BEFORE U SLEEP AT NIGHT. IT BREAKS THE OIL AND FLUSHES IT.

SQUIZE LEMON INTO TH WATER U USE TO BATH.

ADD IT TO WATER U USE TO WASH UR FACE.

AND ALSO FOR MOUTH ODOUR. JUST TWO DROPS OF LEMON IN YOUR MOUTH WITH PASTE WILL DESOLVE EVERY BACTERIA OR SUBSTANCE ON.THE GUMS AND TONGUE. U CAN GO 2DAYS WITHOUT BRUSHING AND UR MOUTH WONT SMELL.

TRY IT AND GIVE ME REPORT
Pls are ΰ sure of †ђξ mouth odour thing cos Å̶̷̩̥͡•̸Ϟ‎​ telling my close pal right away bt  pray į̸̸̨ƭ works aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ if ΰ have more ideas pls ΰ can share į̸̸̨ƭ here pls.....tnx

1 Like

Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by seraphine(f): 3:57pm On Jul 26, 2012
Pour hot water in a bowl and put your face over it till it becomes warm. cover your head with a towel to prevent the vapour from escaping too quickly. Dry your face after you are done. Cut fresh cucumber and apply the juice on your face. Leave for 10-15 mins, then wash off. There is your oil-free face. You can repeat after a week.
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by Wendy92(f): 5:56pm On Jul 26, 2012
Korrection: tell it to the healthy mothers in the villages.....mtchewwwwwwww
haba! Must u nag?
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by Hazeleyezz: 6:09pm On Jul 26, 2012
Nice one OP but did I hear some say " apply shea butter?" That's a no go area. The idea here is to minimize oil on d face and not add to d prob.
Also note dat too much washing of the strips the face of ots natural nutrients thereby not solving the prob.
in addition to using oil-free products,look out for facial washs, soaps, cleansers or lotions that contain salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide they help a great great deal.
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by pere59: 7:05pm On Jul 26, 2012
thanks for the treatment concept really appriciate, you guys r wonderful

1 Like

Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by kinkyjosh: 7:24pm On Jul 26, 2012
bukahands:

it is brake fluid but a special type is used common in nigeria it has a black and red container
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by Holyrule(m): 7:35pm On Jul 26, 2012
Mzsolex: lmao...why would I wanna dip my face in a hot water!
why do we find it difficult reading in between lines before making a fool out of ourselves... Did the poster ever say you should dip ur head in a hot water or did he say you shud place ur head over the steam, and he even in bracket make it point clear not inside the hot water
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by kandiikane(m): 7:44pm On Jul 26, 2012
Gen2jaynee: please give me tips on how u help it..m suffering from acne n spots

Well, I use a separate sponge for my face and body. I scrub my face morning and night. I use tea tree products, at the moment I am only using the tea tree foam and sponge.

I have a sensitive skin so I don't use many products really. I start using fashion fair oil minimizing toner. Don't know whether it's working, only got it off my mum two days ago.

If you can go without makeup please do, because it clogs up the skin.

Use lime, leave it overnight on your face.

Oh, aloe vera(pure on-the liquid from the stem itself)

Toothpaste, I don't know if it actually works or if it only gives me a placebo effect but use it on the spots, it dries it out.

Don't pick on the spots, the might because big and leave really dark spots marks plus yóu will spread it.

Facial masks-those that open pores. I like the heat one.

P.s, don't let people touch your face.
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by kandiikane(m): 7:49pm On Jul 26, 2012
bukahands:

Lmaoo, isn't hydrualic oil used for engines?
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by Osteve2(m): 7:53pm On Jul 26, 2012
[quote author=kandiikane]Gawd! I have an oily and sensitive face and when I mean oily, you can use the oil as body cream. Majority of the time when going out I don't rub cream on my face. It always gets soo shiny, around my t-zone. I am prone to spots-well, I use to suffer from spots during my high school days but I thank God for years of taking care of it, I have not one single spot.

I don't use any type of products for my face because I don't want to break out and I don't let people touch my face because I don't know what germs they are carrying.

I wash my face quite regularly but I am a sucker for chocolate. grin [/quote How did u cure it the spots?
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by kandiikane(m): 8:05pm On Jul 26, 2012
@steve,
kandiikane:

Well, I use a separate sponge for my face and body. I scrub my face morning and night. I use tea tree products, at the moment I am only using the tea tree foam and sponge.

I have a sensitive skin so I don't use many products really. I start using fashion fair oil minimizing toner. Don't know whether it's working, only got it off my mum two days ago.

If you can go without makeup please do, because it clogs up the skin.

Use lime, leave it overnight on your face.

Oh, aloe vera(pure on-the liquid from the stem itself)

Toothpaste, I don't know if it actually works or if it only gives me a placebo effect but use it on the spots, it dries it out.

Don't pick on the spots, the might because big and leave really dark spots marks plus yóu will spread it.

Facial masks-those that open pores. I like the heat one.

P.s, don't let people touch your face.

It was not a joke. I take my facial care very seriously. It took me 3years for my face to become completely spotless.
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by veralicious(f): 8:41pm On Jul 26, 2012
Latika12: My skin gets oily in summer and dry in winter. What type of skin it called?
it is called a multi-skin lol!
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by vitality33: 9:09pm On Jul 26, 2012
Pls advice me on a good cream i will use for ma skin. Am chocolate in colour. Thank you.
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by Hod1000(m): 9:31pm On Jul 26, 2012
As with every other thing in life, there are rules governing them all. Same thing is applicable to the face. You must observe the rules of the face if you must have a clean smooth face. Here are some of the fundamental basic rules of the face.

1) Never use sponge on your face no matter what......rub soap on you face and allow it to stick there for like 5minutes before washing with your palm.

2) Never squeeze the acne in your face in the name of squeezing out puss...you are worsening it cos of germ transfer.

3) Never rub oil cream on your face...your face need to breath through the pores. The oil will clog it and it will 'shoot-out' more pimples/acne/blackheads.

4) Never wear make-ups before going to bed. As in the case of rule number 3, you must resist the urge.

5) Never use heavy chemicals, hot soaps, or any cream in whatever form on your face. You will end up damaging you face. Treat your face the same way you would treat the eye....face is sensitive too.

6) Never use hot water on your face no matter how you have believed that its no longer hot. Remember that the skin in our hands/palms are not the same with that on our face......both have their distinctive texture and feel. Pls, before you jump on my neck for this assertion, drop a spoonful of hot water on your face and do same on you hand then tell yourself the result. A hot water in the face in the name of warm water may destroy your facial skin pigment which will take years to heal.

7) As a rule, drink a glass of water first thing in the morning and plenty of it every other time in the day. This helps to wash away free radicals from inward...usually done via perspiration.

cool Eat more of fruit than fatty food and friable.Fruit has some natural chemicals that is released into the body when eaten that goes to wage war against bacteria and its proteges living in the body.

9) Wash your face twice if you have the opportunity. Those with too much oil face should increase their facial washing from 2 to perhaps 4. Warning> Never over-wash your face....dont go rubbing and washing your face with almost half of the soap in just one day at a time. You'll be damaging your skin if you do that cos our face need a lil oil to keep it moisture though.

10) Grab enough sleep. Don't deprive yourself good sleep. Sleep is a biological natural healing phenomenon embedded into each and everyone by God which is regulated by body clock. So get some good sleep whenever you can and watch not only your skin glow, but your face as well.

Final notice> Please make a diligent and careful search for cream and soap that is compatible with your skin type because what works for Mr Seun Osewa's skin may not work in Hod1000 skin. Our skin differs....even among identical twins. So, it doesn't matter whether such soap and cream costs 5k each or 40, what matters is choosing the right one for your skin. I for one uses a soap of 60 naira and I found that its good for my skin unlike when I was using a soap of 350. One more thing, I don't use cream on my face, but I can use cream on any other part of my body.

BOTTOMLINE/> Experiment, play around with your skin until you learn what things it does like and stick to it.

"Insanity is when we do the same thing over and over expecting to have different result."

My greetings to all fellow NLers.

6 Likes

Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by kandiikane(m): 9:46pm On Jul 26, 2012
^^They said never use the same sponge you use for your body.

I think the sponge played a major part in helping my spots disappear.
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by bocin500(m): 9:51pm On Jul 26, 2012
Hod1000: As with every other thing in life, there are rules governing them all. Same thing is applicable to the face. You must observe the rules of the face if you must have a clean smooth face. Here are some of the fundamental basic rules of the face.

1) Never use sponge on your face no matter what......rub soap on you face and allow it to stick there for like 5minutes before washing with your palm.

2) Never squeeze the acne in your face in the name of squeezing out puss...you are worsening it cos of germ transfer.

3) Never rub oil cream on your face...your face need to breath through the pores. The oil will clog it and it will 'shoot-out' more pimples/acne/blackheads.

4) Never wear make-ups before going to bed. As in the case of rule number 3, you must resist the urge.

5) Never use heavy chemicals, hot soaps, or any cream in whatever form on your face. You will end up damaging you face. Treat your face the same way you would treat the eye....face is sensitive too.

6) Never use hot water on your face no matter how you have believed that its no longer hot. Remember that the skin in our hands/palms are not the same with that on our face......both have their distinctive texture and feel. Pls, before you jump on my neck for this assertion, drop a spoonful of hot water on your face and do same on you hand then tell yourself the result. A hot water in the face in the name of warm water may destroy your facial skin pigment which will take years to heal.

7) As a rule, drink a glass of water first thing in the morning and plenty of it every other time in the day. This helps to wash away free radicals from inward...usually done via perspiration.

cool Eat more of fruit than fatty food and friable.Fruit has some natural chemicals that is released into the body when eaten that goes to wage war against bacteria and its proteges living in the body.

9) Wash your face twice if you have the opportunity. Those with too much oil face should increase their facial washing from 2 to perhaps 4. Warning> Never over-wash your face....dont go rubbing and washing your face with almost half of the soap in just one day at a time. You'll be damaging your skin if you do that cos our face need a lil oil to keep it moisture though.

10) Grab enough sleep. Don't deprive yourself good sleep. Sleep is a biological natural healing phenomenon embedded into each and everyone by God which is regulated by body clock. So get some good sleep whenever you can and watch not only your skin glow, but your face as well.

Final notice> Please make a diligent and careful search for cream and soap that is compatible with your skin type because what works for Mr Seun Osewa's skin may not work in Hod1000 skin. Our skin differs....even among identical twins. So, it doesn't matter whether such soap and cream costs 5k each or 40, what matters is choosing the right one for your skin. I for one uses a soap of 60 naira and I found that its good for my skin unlike when I was using a soap of 350. One more thing, I don't use cream on my face, but I can use cream on any other part of my body.

BOTTOMLINE/> Experiment, play around with your skin until you learn what things it does like and stick to it.

"Insanity is when we do the same thing over and over expecting to have different result."

My greetings to all fellow NLers.

said it all!
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by EEVICTOREE(m): 10:41pm On Jul 26, 2012
Nice thread!
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:53pm On Jul 26, 2012
Another tip: never ever ever! Go to sleep with makeup on. It may be hard to make that extra effort for some but in case u can't shower, try at least to wash the face...get rid of accumulated dirt, oils and germs that clung to d skin during d day. Afterwards, use a mild cleanser. This is a MUST. Soap n water only take care of surface dirt. A cleanser deep cleanses. D difference is always clear. For those with sensitive skin afriad of more breakouts, try Clean and Clear deep cleasning Astrigent (with salicylic acid) which costs less than N1k in naija or Palmers skin success. Also, tho it may sound overflogged but do drink at least 7 glasses of water a day. Really helps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by kandiikane(m): 11:24pm On Jul 26, 2012
YEBOKO: Pls nlanders wht about KELIOD any solution,thanks in advance

There isn't any other solution for keloids apart from surgery and even that, it's very likely that it will return as the scar heals- if you are prone to it.
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by shilling(f): 11:54pm On Jul 26, 2012
Lemon worked for me.
Ehimax: Plz i want to knw how i can get rid of black spots on my face, anyone with idea should please share it, its making me lost my confidence.
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by shilling(f): 12:20am On Jul 27, 2012
There are no rules when it comes to skin care. What works for one person would not work for the next. I try to use products that are as natural as possible and follow some basic universal "rules"
1. Cleanse/Moisturize
Cleanse with Clinique face wash. Moisturize with olive oil or clean and clear (with salicylic acid) or a mixture of both. Olive oil might sound strange but it literally dissolves into the skin.

The last thing you want to do on oily skin is overwash your face as this tells your skin to produce more oil.

2. Exfoliating
Kandiikane mentioned this. I use brown sugar, baking soda or st ives Apricot scrub. Exfoliating gets rid of dead skin cells and speeds up regeneration.

3. Toning
I use lemon or apple cider vinegar

4. Facial steaming
I do this once or twice a week. Just like exfoliating, it unclogs pores. I wear makeup whenever I go out and clogged pores equals breakouts.

5. Sunblock
Yes black people need sunblock too. This is esp useful if you have dark spots cos the sun will darken them.

6. Water, vitamins, no makeup to bed.

I think for anyone who wears makeup, cleansing, exfoliating, toning and moisturizing are essential. That's my basic regimen above and I no longer have breakouts. My skin is oily but not sensitive so I can exfoliate more regularly and use harsher products like lemon and apple cider vinegar.

2 Likes

Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by DANILSA(m): 1:04am On Jul 27, 2012
bocin500: u this correction guy sef, who u be? abi na attention u de always look for? some set of people come together to proffer solutions to an obvious "little fox" that keeps bedeviling humans and u come with a sarcastic an irritating comment as "..telling it to the healthy mothers in the villages...". Even The Good book says "..a fo.ol is considered wise when he is quiet..". Its not mandatory that you must make comments on every thread posted. Please take [i]correction [/i]even if its just this one time. Thank you.

@freeopod, im sure thats a tip so many will find helpful, good one.

@OP, nice thread..im sure many will agree with me that nairaland (in general) need educative and incisive posts as this, good one!
most times they can't hide their jealousy and stupidity.
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by Freeopod(m): 4:50am On Jul 27, 2012
WeLl, those of u that shea butter had an adverse effect on u it seems u guys aint that lucky, a frnd introduced shea butter to me...i had doubts before i startd applyn but after a yle i saw a brand new face just like that of a new born! Well, like somone said, things that workd for somone myt not work for anoda. Study d kinda skin u av and gt wats best for it!
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by shilling(f): 5:34am On Jul 27, 2012
Donalð Genes:

so 4 any black spot,i use Hydraulic oil n apply with a tint of drop usinq ear cotton bud at that black spot and within 2 days its all qone...u dont need all this expensive face products.......just folo ma lead

Hydraulic oil? Is this a passed down family secret or something?
Re: Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face by kandiikane(m): 5:49am On Jul 27, 2012
shilling:

Hydraulic oil? Is this a passed down family secret or something?

lol, please ask am. I honestly think it might be engine oil. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Takes A Swipe At Nigerian Ladies With "Fake" Hairs In A German Market. PICS / Photo: When Your Barber Is From Another Planet / Mr South Africa Finalists Ridiculed On Social Media For Looking Like Criminals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.