Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,341 members, 7,850,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:47 PM

9jaclicktivist's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9jaclicktivist's Profile / 9jaclicktivist's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (of 8 pages)

Celebrities / Re: Ghanaian Photographer Shares Viral Black & Shine Photos Of Models by 9jaclicktivist: 9:56am On Feb 25, 2017
Great, see professionalism.
Autos / Pal-v Gyrocopter: The Business Flying Auto by 9jaclicktivist: 12:50am On Feb 24, 2017
Pal-V, a Dutch roadable aircraft organization, has started a large scale manufacturing of flying autos, also known as gyrocopters. This is uplifting news to those that need to say goodbye to road traffic activity.
Pal-V propelled into the market two business models of flying autos this week, promising conveyances of the street and air certificated models before the finish of 2018. "Following quite a while of diligent work, beating the specialized and capability challenges, our group is prevailing with regards to making an inventive flying auto that agrees to existing wellbeing measures, controlled by administrative bodies the world over," reported Pal-V Chief Robert Dingemanse.
Pal-V began testing its first idea vehicles in 2009 and 2012, and after effective outcomes, the present business items were planned by the main Italian outline offices with an "unmistakable Italian style". The organization additionally expressed that it had entered an energizing stage after it started accepting its first customer orders. As opposed to other flying auto makers, Pal V has figured out how to architect, outline and fabricate its vehicles with demonstrated innovations that are completely agreeable with controls. The producer took all the vital measures to dodge regular pilot mistakes amid generation and, on account of its double motor impetus, the flying autos are protected and simple to work. The Pal-V flying auto resembles a chopper noticeable all around, while additionally giving a games auto feel out and about because of the brought down suspension and tilting cockpit. The drive mode motor has 99bhp and a top speed of 100mph, with 0-62mph sprint taking 9.0 seconds, while its fuel utilization is 31mpg with a scope of 817 miles. Buddy V gyrocopter can fly a height of 3500m, and its 197bhp flying motor can push it up to a top speed of 112mph. Its range is likewise 310 miles. The drive mode motor has 99bhp and a top speed of 100mph, with 0-62mph sprint bringing 9.0 seconds with fuel utilization of 31mpg with a scope of 817 miles.
There is, as of now, no itemized data about the reports important to work these street and air vehicles; however, a pilot permit notwithstanding a driving permit will likely be required. This mean you require double lincence to drive a solitary motor. What an engine! They are currently priced at $400k each.

Read more here: http://www.powerandrace.com/view-post/Pal-V-Gyrocopter-The-Business-Flying-Auto

Fashion / See The Crazy Headgears Of Ghana Tv Host Akumaa Mama Zimbi by 9jaclicktivist: 2:21pm On Feb 22, 2017
Checkout this crazy headgears of Ghana’s Award-winning Actress, Rights activist, Adom TV host and radio presenter Akumaa Mama Zimbi.

Source: http://mightymike.name.ng/?p=246
See more at source

Celebrities / (download) New Song From Sexywizzy - 'RORA' @starcraftentltd by 9jaclicktivist: 5:32pm On Feb 20, 2017
Starcraft Entertainment Rising act “SexyWizzy” kicks off the year 2017 with a brand new song ”RORA” produced by OKHEX ZAKI. A melodious and yet infectious song which gets one on his feet on the dance floor.

SexyWizzy is one uber-talented act who has developed a unique sound of his overtime which can hardly be replicated by any other person. He is one songbird that sure has a date with stardom in due time. He won Starcraft Entertainment 2016 Battle for Label season 2.

Starcraft Entertainment decided to do the uncommon or few of its kind to drop both audio and video of the song at the same time to avoid keeping fans on the wait. #Rorabysexywizzy
The video was directed by Kessview with Brightstar concept.

Download Now

Download Now

ENJOY RORA,
The Video and the Audio.
http://starcraft.com.ng/album-single/rora
Ray power network premier the audio today from 8:55 a.m
Video links coming through shortly

DIRECT DOWNLOAD

Politics / What NLC Should Start Doing By Micheal A Adeniyi by 9jaclicktivist: 10:43am On Feb 20, 2017
This is a great step that should be taken into consideration by the Nigerian labour congress

1 Share

Politics / Fg Owes 105, 920 Retirees N705b, Says Pencom by 9jaclicktivist: 5:40am On Feb 20, 2017
Fed Govt owes 105, 920 retirees N705b, says PenCom

The Federal Government owes 105,920 retirees about N705 billion, the National Pension Commission (PenCom), has said.

It urged the National Assembly to intervene by appropriating the needed fund to enable the government to meet up its obligations to its former employees.

In a memorandum submitted by the Director-General, National Pension Commission (PenCom), Ms Chinelo Anohu-Amazu, to the National Assembly Joint Committee on Appropriations, the organisation said the Federal Government owes its 2016 retirees N73.1 billion while N113 billion is required for the 2017 retirees.

“It also owes pension increase of 79,961 pensioners who retired under the CPS from 2004 to 2014 the sum of N79.2 billion, the sum of N10 billion being the Federal Government’s statutory contribution to the funding of the Pension Protection Fund and the sum of N440 billion being the shortfall in the retirement benefits of 24 retired Heads of Civil Service of the Federation, Federal Permanent Secretaries and 16 Federal Permanent Secretaries.”

According to the DG, the most critical challenge of the implementation of the CPS in Nigeria today is the non-payment of retirement benefits of Federal Government employees who retired in 2016 due to insufficient appropriation and late release of appropriated funds for payment of accrued pension rights.

She made a case on the need for adequate appropriation of funds for the payment of the Federal Government’s pension liability under the Scheme.

She also sought appropriation for overhead and capital subvention to facilitate the Commission’s operations in 2017.

She urged the Joint Committee on Appropriation to consider, approve and release of the sum of N73 billion to pay January to December 2016 retirees of the Federal Government;

She also sought the appropriation of N113 billion for 2017 retirees of the Federal Government, as determined by PenCom pursuant to Section 39(3) of the Pension Reform Act (PRA).

Giving a summary of Federal Government pension liability for the year 2017, she stated that N72 billion is needed for 16,267 civil servants are expected to mandatorily retire in 2017 inclusive of 1,569 Civil Servants who retired before 2017 but had not been provided for previously.

She also said that N19.1 billion is needed for 9,652 estimated death claims and N21.1 billion for an estimate of employees yet to be enrolled by the Commission

She said: “Also, our prayers to the National Assembly is to ensure adequate appropriation under the Federal Government’s Recurrent Expenditure in order to facilitate the implementation of the new 18 percent pension contributions rate; to ensure the appropriation of the sum of N79.2 billion for payment of pension increase for the 79,961 pensioners who retired under the CPS from 2004 to 2014 and ensure the appropriation of the sum of N10 billion being the Federal Government’s statutory contribution to the funding of the Pension Protection Fund.

“We also pray that the National Assembly should ensure the appropriation of the sum of N440 billion being the shortfall in the retirement benefits of 24 retired Heads of Civil Service of the Federation and Federal Permanent Secretaries that had earlier enrolled with the Commission and 16 Federal Permanent Secretaries scheduled to retire in 2017; and ensure the appropriation of the total sum of N5 billion as Overhead and Capital subvention to facilitate the Commission’s activities in 2017.”

http://mightymike.name.ng/?p=173
Politics / 10 Incredible Things Ever Seen By Humankind Only Once by 9jaclicktivist: 9:47am On Feb 18, 2017
Humans have been around for a long time. We’ve seen and accomplished what might be thought of as miracles, but something in our nature doesn’t just let a miracle rest. When an amazing thing happens, we immediately set out to duplicate it. This is seen in how we judge scientific experiments (“Can the results be replicated?”) and is found on playgrounds everywhere. (“I bet you can’t do it again!”)

Some of our greatest, most difficult accomplishments have been repeated. When humans put a man on the Moon, we did it 11 times after that. Even some of the craziest oddities in nature have been witnessed more than once. Did you know the Mississippi River has flowed backward three times?

But occasionally, there are truly unique events—incredible things never seen again in recorded history. Here are ten.

Featured image credit: P. Stattmayer/European Southern Obersvatory

10 Comet West

Comet West

Photo credit: J. Linder/European Southern Observatory
Visible in March 1976, Comet West, named after astronomer Richard West, who first observed it, was a remarkable sight that reached an apparent magnitude of –3. That’s brighter than Jupiter ever appears from Earth. While impressive, its place on this list is not because of its brightness but its orbital period.

Some comets are once-in-a-lifetime events, such as the famous Halley’s Comet, which orbits the Sun once every 76 years, but Comet West is estimated to orbit the Sun only once every 250,000 years. This figure is by no means certain; loss of mass or interactions with other solar bodies could change the comet’s orbit. Of course, 249,000 years is still a lot.

Regrettably, Comet West was not well-reported by the media. Prior to that, Comet Kohoutek had been hyped up but was a disappointing display, which led to Comet West’s lack of coverage. Some of us missed its visit in 1976, and we’re somewhat unlikely to see its next.

9 The Carrington Event

The Carrington Event was a geomagnetic storm caused by a massive solar flare at 11:23 PM on September 1, 1859. The flare was observed by Richard Carrington and hit the Earth’s magnetosphere the next morning, lighting the predawn sky with auroras seen as far south as Jamaica. Newspapers could be read in the light of these auroras.

More troubling was that telegraph wires the world over sparked and caught fire. Even when disconnected from their power sources, they were able to send messages because of the electrical currents caused by the event. Until that day, no one was aware that solar flares existed.

We routinely observe solar flares now, but the Carrington event was unique because of a combination of two things: It hit us, and it was massive, the largest solar flare to hit Earth in at least 500 years. If a similar event happened today, it would cause an estimated $1–2 trillion in damage. Here’s hoping it maintains its place on our list.

See more: http://mightymike.name.ng/?p=167

Politics / See How Twitter User Mocked PDP With #apcbelike Meme by 9jaclicktivist: 11:47pm On Feb 17, 2017
Public commentator Micheal Adeniyi has posted this funny meme on twitter
See:

Celebrities / Ade Sawyerr Writes Wife Ahinae On Her 60th Birthday by 9jaclicktivist: 11:20pm On Feb 17, 2017
Ghana’s top public commentator took to his blog http://adesawyerr. to express his feeling for his wife.

See letter:

My dearest Ahinae,

It is such a shame that I have not written to you for several years now, I did enjoy those days when a letter was the only means we had for corresponding with each other, but I suppose that the daily contact has provided a more meaningful way for our bonding. This letter is really meant to recognise the love that I have for you and to celebrate in my own personal way, a relationship that has developed over the years and made me a more accomplished human being and to thank you for helping to round my rough edges.

I still remember the very first time I saw you 40 years ago and the day we got married 30 years ago and I can say with all honesty that I would not have found a more suitable partner in my life; I certainly did not have any doubts when I proposed to you on my knees that are now wobbly with age, but then it was because the first time I saw you, I knew that I had found the one to share my life with.

I have seen you grow and mature into the lovely woman that you have always been and have been impressed that age has not dulled your vivacious instinct for a decent life. But then I know that I have been lucky and blessed. With your forthright manner, you even charmed my dear late father because you would not indulge him in his platitudes to you, he always wondered how I a recalcitrant soul and unconventional soul could cope with your strictness. My late mother was in awe of you all through the period of our courtship, I mean if my mother Araba did not have an unkind word ever to say about you, I knew that you were the one. My grandmother, Ma Lucy just adored you and with the many chats she had with you sitting by her coal pot as she cooked she even knew before I did that you were the only one for me.

So, the years have rolled by and I have managed to stay true to my word that I would always cherish you. You have always done the right thing and I have learnt to accept the way you have done things in a way that only you could pull off. I have been fascinated for instance whenever we are going out, you ask for the dress code and then decide to put on what you want to, despite the code, and then one day because of your constant headaches, you decided to cut your hair and then you buy a lot of makeup that you do not put on and yet your beauty shines through all the time.

You have stood by me and continue to do so in my period of trials, we have praised together in our times of need and god has answered our prayers, you have been selfless in your devotion towards me and my son Olumide and we continue to love you for it. I have seen and heard you being a rock to your family and friends, as you provide them with counsel and wise words in their moments of anguish and my respect for you has grown. I have also been impressed by the way that you have adopted my family and my friends to become your own and how at every stage on our relationship you have advocated for me and covered up my lapses proving to be the dutiful wife and doing so without any expectation of reward or even acknowledgement. I know that you are proud of me though as usual you ensure that I am firmly rooted to the ground always, curbing my flights of fancy and pretensions of grandeur when I have felt the need to show off.

I suspect that I may have had some influence on you because you have adapted to my ways, reluctantly but even in so doing you have never accepted the you have become ‘softer’ despite the hard shell that you portray to most people who do not know you.

Well I was going to write one of my very long pieces but I know that you will come back to me and say that my sentences are too long and I need to learn how to write and not write like I speak, but I suppose that you will not be correcting this piece before publication so let me end here.

I thank God who has been our solace for you and I love you, I love you and I love you again!

I hope that you enjoy today and pray that your 60+ Oyster card increases your capacity for more independent travel

From your loving husband

Jacob

17th February 2017

http://mightymike.name.ng/?p=153

Health / Sex Is A Natural Way To Cure This 10 Diseases (check)- Mighty Mike's Blog by 9jaclicktivist: 3:48pm On Feb 17, 2017
Many have heard of the benefits the body gets from intimate relationships, but did you know that you can cure some ailments by making love often?

The practice of intimacy is transformed into benefits from mental health, incontinence, blood circulation, among others.

1. THE HEART
It will help you in the good functioning of the heart. According to the experts indicate that it reduces the danger of heart attacks and other heart problems.

2. HEADACHE
To calm the headache, this practice is very effective, as they release oxytocin and increase endorphins. Even these hormones help the body and mind to relax naturally.

3. ANTIDEPRESSANT
Improves self- esteem as it is a truly effective antidepressant.

4. INSOMNIA
When you are in a state of relaxation to the maximum, tensions are released and sleep is favored.

5. URINARY INCONTINENCE
Also, having intimacy with normal, helps to combat urinary incontinence, as it strengthens the pelvis and prevents hated urine leakage.

6. INFLUENZA
Believe it or not, it also works for the flu, so if you have flu, it is better to make love, being a great natural remedy. This is because antibody production is discharged during pleasure, and because of this it becomes a potent antiviral.

7. MUSCLE OVERLOAD
If you want a perfect relaxing, having intimacy is the solution, since it is the best exercise to combat muscle and joint overloads.

Pics and more here: http://mightymike.name.ng/?p=149
Celebrities / Gospel Artist Pelumi Get Over 100ksoundcloud Play In 12hrs - Telltimes.com.ng by 9jaclicktivist: 5:28pm On Feb 09, 2017
The song Kokoro Ile OGO By PELUMI has broken a
record of more than 100k play on soundcloud, the
Gospel pop act Oluwapelumi Joshua Adeyinka is
now the first Nigerian Gospel Artist to receive such
massive play in 12hrs after upload.

https://soundcloud.com/micheal-adeniyi-323423561/kokoro-ile-ologo-by-pelumi

READ MORE: http://telltimes.com.ng/?p=294

Jokes Etc / Funny! Costly Exchange, Ibori For Buhari -@9jaclicktivist by 9jaclicktivist: 11:08am On Feb 07, 2017
I Hope It's Not That UK People Took Buhari And Gave Us Ibori O ?
People wicked oo, remeber they told pilate to release a thief and arrest Jesus -@9jaclicktivist
Politics / Re: Moremi Ojudu And Youths Set To Lead Lagos Protest Today by 9jaclicktivist: 6:11am On Feb 06, 2017
Hahahhaha, sending them back
Politics / See Why Buhari Took The Indefinite Leave Option Instead Of Resignation. by 9jaclicktivist: 6:06am On Feb 06, 2017
Indefinite leave meant not working and won't be for an unknown time. You can take an indefinite leave because of illness, or you can be forced onto indefinite leave as a disciplinary action, or as a precaution because you got involved in something and the employers do not know for sure how to deal with you yet. You aren't fired, and you still get paid, although it might not be full pay.
@9jaclicktivist
Politics / Moremi Ojudu To Send Procession To Bourdillion As Youths Await 6th March Protest by 9jaclicktivist: 5:43am On Feb 06, 2017
Daughter of Buhari's Aide Moremi Ojudu and a
number of youths will on march 6th protest against
the government ill implemented policies and
growing hunger across Nigeria. The Lagos protest
will actually take off at the bourdillion street.

Read Press Release Below

"Good evening fellow patriotic Nigerians. These are
not ordinary times in the history of our dear country and that is why we have taken the initiative to lead a procession to the house of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, a man who needs no introduction, the pathfinder and architect of the current government.
Dear friends and compatriots, we are rallying
because we are burdened and saddened by the turn of events in our country. Again, we the Nigerian Youth have been called to rescue our ship of state and we must not fail. We shall be presenting a letter to the APC national leader and we shall hear his thoughts on the turn of events.
Date: Monday, March
6th, Time: 11am prompt Venue: 26, Bourdillon Road,
Ikoyi, Lagos.
A touch of black Come one, come all.
Signed
Moremi Ojudu"

Politics / Re: Shame On PMB Aide Ojudu As Nigerian Guy Lends Abandoned Daughter 500k by 9jaclicktivist: 11:58am On Jan 09, 2017
Power of 9ja
Foreign Affairs / Ghana's Presidential Palace Gets New Name Ahead Of Jan 7 Inauguration by 9jaclicktivist: 9:18pm On Jan 06, 2017
The Flagstaff House – Ghana’s seat of Government –
has been re-christened the Golden Jubilee House as
Nana Akufo-Addo takes office from January 7, 2017.
The plush presidential palace was re-built in 2008
during the tenure of former President John Agyekum Kufuor. It was then known as the Golden Jubilee House until the National Democratic Congress (NDC) took over governance of the country in 2009 under the late president Prof. John Evans Atta Mills. Mills moved the office of the president back to the Osu Castle and later changed the sign in front of the building back to its original name claiming that the previous government had not used a Legislative Instrument to effect the change as required by law.
“Yes, we are going to use the name Golden Jubilee
House to refer to the presidential palace instead of
Flagstaff House. That’s how Nana Addo has referred
to it throughout his campaign,” a top official of the
incoming NPP government told Starr FM.
“Everybody should come and ride on the back of the
Elephant. The Elephant has entered the White House let us get the elephant in the Jubilee House –
Ghana’s seat of government,” Nana Addo said during the 2016 electioneering.

THE FLAGSTAFF HOUSE
Inaugurated: November 2008
Cost: $30-50 million
Ranking: World’s 10th most beautiful Presidential
palace

Background
When Prof. Mills came to power he refused to
occupy the Flagstaff House, preferring the colonial
edifice the Osu Castle as the seat of government. The
house was temporarily used as offices for the
Ministry of Foreign Affairs until the presidency was
moved there later in 2013.
The Flagstaff House has served as a residence and
office to the President of Ghana. It was built on the
site of a building that was constructed and used for
administrative purposes by the British Gold Coast
Government.
The current edifice was funded by the Indian
government.

Politics / Throwback! Do You Remember Gej's Cassava Bread? (pics) by 9jaclicktivist: 6:07pm On Dec 06, 2016
Brethren who else remember GEJ's CASSAVA bread? have you eaten one or seen on somewhere. share your experience

This is the throwback if Cassava Bread proposed by former president Jonathan.

Politics / Retiring Old Politicians By 2019: The Solution To Our Problems- 9jaclicktivist by 9jaclicktivist: 11:14pm On Dec 04, 2016
Our Old politicians are satisfied that their governance is so effective to let the penniless, the young and unemployed populace go hungry, this old men loots and mess up the polity. Incredible Nigeria! The Goebbelsian tactic of propagating the mirage that youths are too young to rule is another failure from this recycled old politicians, and also a failure on our own path as a youth.
We are not too young to rule, yes we can! we may lack the huge funding for electioneering processes but shunning and retiring this old politician will revolutionise the political sphere for we the young one's, and election won't be a money bag contest again.
With facts and realites on ground, winner of our crooked political game is certainly the older one's who uses Machiavellian tactic to deliberately exploit their perceived brainlessness of we the younger patriotic masses for their own political launch and Transit. Name them, Buhari, Fayose, Atiku and Tinubu became a star through us, we are the power of Nigeria.
They are all recycled party members across the nation and they are of the old blood, the gerontocracy leadership of All Progressive Congress (APC) and the Peoples Democratic Party including the ‘host of others, meaning all this political parties must be shunned and retired from politics by withdrawing our support for them and lets float a new party feeding new young faces into politics and elections, we will even have a peaceful political classes because many of this old men are still wandering in the jungles of the National Assembly democracy, National politis and are in search of issues to strangle any governance with power tussle, for selfish gains and they will still use we the young ones and the media to sustain their Relevance, Hell No! Not anymore.
Atimes we the youths thinks we are enjoying political dramas but unknowingly playing the central character of the Corpse of the Joker, the screenplay of which is written by the consensus committee of all the old politicians representing every current political party and directed by the head of the government . This is Nigeria, the largest demo-crazy in the world. It is sorry to say that what we urgently need is “the final solution to our political problems” and it is we the young ones that can give that answer by wrestling power out of the older ones.
You think we can't win without Tinubu, Atiku, Saraki, PMB, Amaechi or any other old guard?
Let me tell you an interesting fact. To win an election of any sorts all you need to win is 6% of the population in votes and achieve a spread of 6 to 6 chain.. Plot it. Forget all the Money bag adverts, rallies and all. The translation is not reflected in votes nowadays. A new model of door to door can spring surprises in the Newbies political world.
Let's start searching for a young and vibrant leader for 2019, a person who can productively raise the common Nigeria day-to-day issues like lack of food, anticorruption war, infrastructural development and restructuring, and I mean a personality that would truly walk the talk.
Surely all this old leaders who were wandering in the darkness of bourgeois democracy searching the ‘recycling path to future’, will need to follow the footsteps of retirement and enjoy their ponzi scheme of pension because in this Jet age Old leaders are impotent to deliver the desired results a nation driven by the forces of this era needs.
Shun bribe: because of money and hyping, this old men are using us in the scheme of mortgaging our future for their own pockets.
Time To Lead: Television-Dish have become a vital asset to most youths to watching and commenting on all the junk old stone age era solution being given to the Jet age problems facing us.
The socio-political arena in Nigeria needs a total change.
All government elected by the people till date is taking every possible measure to ease the development of the already developed which has become the primary goal of every government. Certainly not to blame the diligent government, they are also doing everything to linger the underdeveloped to lurk in their own state of affairs by giving enough space and facilities to take their own breaths using their own noses.

Let us start now. We are almost too late. Yes we can, You are not too young to lead.
@9jaclicktivist
tapreadwebmaster@gmail.com
Politics / "You Will Experience Low Data Service" Telcos Threatens by 9jaclicktivist: 7:47am On Dec 02, 2016
Telecos across the country have issues a threat of low data network service.
Could this be because of our fight against data price increase? Have you heard it also?
Politics / Moremi Ojudu: Moremi And The Hungry Masses Campaign -by Micheal Adeniy by 9jaclicktivist: 7:04am On Dec 02, 2016
I don’t know, I just can’t deny my love for this young citizen, a concerned lady that gave the masses a feel of reality about the fact that somebody cares, she lamented not having much to share to the hungered, the low class citizen that have been sending in messages for deliverance from hunger. She ministered to their feeling blaming it on recession and asking the government to make sure food gets to the hungry masses.
While feeding on her facebook profile I saw simplicity, yes a rare thing to find nowadays most especially for her being the daughter of President Buhari Senior special Adviser Mr Babafemi Ojudu.
Oh! what! my daughter, hungry? She must be a Joker, don’t drag my name in the mud my daughter, Incredulously! sir Babafemi Ojudu felt embarrassed, he was definitely angry with “moremi’.
Sir, my sincere apology for thinking your name is being dragged to the mud, your daughter simply spoke the truth about hunger shadowing the land as masses continue to cry, she spoke what many so near to the president won’t say and only the presidents wife had come out to talk about ralities outside the sacred cave of Aso Rock villa, I suspect “who will talk and loose his national cake” was the situation in the villa and the president is disconnected from reality, rather than thinking of mud it’s for greatness that your daughter spoke out.
Sir, I wonder what you were thinking when you named her MOREMI, things like this should be expected.
Moremi stands for justice, honour and integrity. That is why, I call her Moremi of our time. I remember sometime ago, when a man bashed moremi’s car she said “I am not fighting because my dad is this or that, I am fighting for justice” and in the spirit of activism and Justice she is advocating for provision of more cheap food and this means social justice. So our highly respected Senior Veteran Journalist Senator Babafemi Ojudu, please allow your worthy daughter Moremi to exercise her fundamental rights as a free-born citizen of Nigeria,in the same manner as you relished your own rights when you dutifully and patriotically battled General Sani Abacha to standstill in your historic and patriotic defense of public interest ,public good and public morality.
In the realities on ground today, the hunger is worse than the ruinous ignominy of past Government, shouts of hunger:why is it so? Corruption had brought us into hardship but recovered fund by the president of the people can help us achieve a less hungered Nation. Food is wealth, and wealth is health, and health is peace.
I so much love this “Moremi”, she is for the people, Just like the Legendary Moremi of Ife .

@9jaclicktivist

http://www.opinionnigeria.com/moremi-ojudu-moremi-and-the-hungry-masses-campaign-by-micheal-adeniyi/#sthash.xI4yypNA.dpbs

Literature / Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by 9jaclicktivist: 5:32pm On Nov 25, 2016
Let’s take a look at just a tiny fraction of the books
that were banned in the past and in recent times for
myriad reasons:
1) Alice in Wonderland
It was banned in Hunan Province in China in 1931.
The reason: The governor thought that it was
unnatural for animals to speak.
2) Burger’s Daughter
Recently passed away Nobel Laureate, Nadine
Gordimer was known for her stories challenging the
apartheid in South Africa. For precisely that reason,
this novel was banned in 1979.
3) Da Vinci Code
No one was ready to take Dan Brown’s thriller as it
was: a work of fiction! Everyone took it seriously for
its portrayal of Christianity and Jesus. It was banned
in Lebanon in 2004. It was even banned in Nagaland
in 2006!
4) Animal Farm
The book by George Orwell was banned in USSR till
the 1980s’ and also in the US for communist material.
5) Origin of Species
Charles Darwin’s book was banned in his own
college, Trinity for challenging the emergence of life
and therefore God. It was banned in 1935 in
Yugoslavia as well.
6) Uncle Tom’s Cabin
Banned on its publication in 1852 in the American
South. The reason: anti-slavery propaganda.
7) Fahrenheit 451
The author, Ray Bradbury, would never have thought
that his dystopian novel about censorship in the
future would itself be censored! It was banned in the
1990s’ for its questionable themes!
cool Black Beauty
Anna Sewell wrote this novel with a single purpose of
showing to the world the ill treatment of horses. But
the Apartheid South African government thought
otherwise and promptly banned the book for having
the word, ‘black’ in its title.
9) Satanic Verses
No “banned book list” is complete without the
mention of this book by Salman Rushdie. It was
banned in several countries for being blasphemous
and hurting the religious sentiments of Muslims. In
his autobiography Salman Rushdie writes that the
ban on his book in India came, improbably, from the
finance ministry, under section 11 of the Customs
Act, which prevented the book from being imported
and weirdly enough the finance ministry stated that
the ban ‘did not detract from the literary and artistic
merit’ of this work.

See More Here: http://tapread.net/2016/11/25/famous-books-countries-that-banned-them-andwhy-it-was-banned/

6 Likes 7 Shares

Business / Where #blackfriday Actually Stemmed From - @9jaclicktivist by 9jaclicktivist: 1:25am On Nov 25, 2016

Politics / FG To Privatise TCN, Takes Delivery Of 218 Stranded Power Equipment by 9jaclicktivist: 8:26pm On Nov 24, 2016
Citing funding constraints to continue
shouldering its operational expenses, the
Federal Government may have concluded plans
to privatise the Transmission Company of
Nigeria (TCN).
Minister for Power, Works and Housing, Mr.
Babatunde Raji Fashola, stated this at the
ongoing West Africa Power Industry
Convention (WAPIC), which opened in Lagos
yesterday.
Fashola, who was represented by the Acting
Chairman and CEO, Nigerian Electricity
Regulatory Commission (NERC), Mr. Anthony
Akah, added that government would involve
the private sector to drive the transmission
arm of the power sector value chain.
‘‘Our action is being driven by non-availability
of funds to drive development in the power
sector. The government can no longer handle
funding of the power sector alone. That is why
we are now looking towards involving private
sector in transmission because this will help in
raising fund for the sector,” he said.
Fashola equally alluded to the current lopsided
structure of the power mix, lamenting that
about 80 per cent of power being generated is
from gas, stressing that the trend would be
reversed through the use of other cleaner
energy in order to bridge the gap in electricity
supply in the country.
Meanwhile, hopes of steady electricity supply
brightened further yesterday as the TCN,
yesterday, took delivery of 218 stranded
electricity equipment, which had been lying idle
at the Apapa ports for over eight years.
Receiving the consignment at the Duncan
Terminal in Apapa, Fashola said the equipment
would go a long way in addressing the
challenge of epileptic power supply. He said
that 77 containers were cleared from Duncan
Terminal, while 114 containers will be cleared
from other terminals. He said the move was
part of the Federal Government’s effort at
ensuring that all stranded electricity equipment
at the ports get accelerated clearance and
waiver to cushion the effect of erratic power
supply in the country.
He explained that the management of TCN will
ensure that the consignments are moved
immediately to sites for commencement of
pending works.

‘The President, as part of efforts to give
Nigerians stable power supply, has approved
the disbursement of fund for the clearing of
stranded containers containing power
equipment and materials at various terminals
so as to improve power delivery to every
Nigerian.
‘‘I equally want to appreciate the effort of the
Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, for his
support towards the actualisation of the
clearing of the stranded containers.
“A lot of hard work has gone into negotiation
for the release of these power equipment due
to the accrued demurrage as a result of the
suspension of the issuance of import duty
exemption certificate for some period in 2014,’’
he said.
The Minister said it is expected that the
shipping companies and terminal operators
will be supportive of this administration and
cooperate with the Ministry of Power in its
effort to move other power equipment at their
various terminals to project sites.
In his remarks, Mr. Godfrey Shitguru, CEO,
Duncan Terminal, assured total commitment to
the Federal Government’s cause in ensuring
that all stranded power equipment are
delivered to site

http://tapread.net/2016/11/24/fg-to-privatise-tcn-takesdelivery-of-218-strandedpower-equipment/
Politics / Lagosians Spend 3bn On Food Daily -9jaclicktivist by 9jaclicktivist: 8:19pm On Nov 22, 2016
According to recent data read by Lagos State Governor Akinwunmi Ambode, Lagos State residents spend over N3bn daily on food and food products mostly imported...While Nigeria as a country spend over $20bn yearly to import foods and food products...

Nigeria will quickly recover from economic RECESSION if Nigerian leaders, followers and entire Nigerians consume what they produce and produce what they consume.
Many Nigerians won't like this bitter truth.
Religion / Antioch, Turkey: First Place Group Of People Were Called Christians by 9jaclicktivist: 10:46pm On Nov 21, 2016
Antioch in Turkey is the first place a group of people of same interest were call CHRISTIANs
- @9jaclicktivist

Acts 11:26 King James Version (KJV)
26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.
Politics / Tinubu Delivered 778% Increase In Buhari Votes In 2015 by 9jaclicktivist: 9:52pm On Nov 21, 2016
For those brandishing whacked lies I bet your mathematics is extremely poor.
Jagaban delivered 778% increase in Buhari votes in 2015 here in southwest including Edo state.
CPC 2011
Lagos 189,983= 9.77%
Oyo 92396 = 10.7%
Ekiti 2689= 1.03%
Osun 6997 = 1.36%
Ondo 11890 =2.44%
Ogun 17654= 3.25%
Edo. 17795= 2.86%
Total = 339,494

That is Just 2.8% of Buhari's 12m votes

APC 2015
Lagos 792460
Oyo 528620
Ekiti 120331
Osun 383603
Ondo 299889
Ogun 308290
Edo. 208468
That is 778% increase delivered by Jagaban in 2015.
That is 20.5% of Buhari 12m in the north.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (of 8 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.