Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,701 members, 7,955,646 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:53 AM

9JAgosurvive's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9JAgosurvive's Profile / 9JAgosurvive's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

Travel / Re: Young Lady Survives Ghastly Accident As Vehicle Falls Off A Bridge. Photos by 9JAgosurvive: 12:35pm On Mar 05, 2018
Thank God you serviced this Queen and your are in good health, God be praised. His eyes was on you all as you guy's embarked on that journey, and what ever plan the wicked had,though they tried their desire never came to pass.

Just to imagine, I was in your office at SMH plaza less than two weeks ago, and here I find a story about you in a accident, so glad it's a testimony to the glory of God.

1 Like

European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Manchester United Vs Huddersfield Town (2 - 0) On 3rd February 2018 by 9JAgosurvive: 6:04pm On Feb 03, 2018
emmyTED:
we hear

Buy ticket and travel... Stop commenting, we hear... Go see the world..

1 Like

European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Manchester United Vs Huddersfield Town (2 - 0) On 3rd February 2018 by 9JAgosurvive: 4:27pm On Feb 03, 2018
Two weeks ago, I had the opportunity of visiting the John Smith stadium, in Huddersfield. Home stadium for Huddersfield Town FC.

Been to Old Trafford, John Smith don't compare, but for a small town like Huddersfield, it's stadium, is cleaner well maintained than... national stadiums in 9,... ja

Politics / Re: Video Of Oby Ezekwesili At The Police Station After Her Arrest And Detention by 9JAgosurvive: 7:41pm On Jan 24, 2018
BUHARIISCURSED:
grin I don't pity this ugly biitch cool

So no moderator to ban this foul individual,. NL.. Can do better.
Phones / Re: One Plus CEO; One Plus 6 To Arrive In June With Snapdragon 845 On Board by 9JAgosurvive: 9:59am On Jan 14, 2018
The one plus is not popular in Nigeria, and to the best of my knowledge since it lunched in 2014 it's never been retailed in Nigeria from one plus original flagship one plus one to its current one plus 5t

Got the one plus one, when it lunched,back then you can only buy this phone via an invite from someone who bought it already, impressive marketing gimmick and worked well, while it lasted. My oneplus, worked great and still in good shape,from 2014 till last week, I got the one plus 5T, for 499USD phone is so good, I have not looked in the direction of pricier Samsung,or ever want an IPhone, etc.

Fair battery life, and new dash charging technology is so great in 30 mins I have full charge from less then 10%charge. One plus gets the job done,personal take, is that with most smart phone, going forward new phone improvements will be more about software and less hardware.

One plus, with the slogan never settle... I love them so much I have loads of it's gear, back pack, t-shirt, crossover bag and the new jjc never settle face cap

They have done a good job in breaking into the phone market, that's extremely competitive and will eat you up if you get any element of the business wrong, go ask Nokia and Blackberry.

My two cents on my current and favorite phone brand.. Cheers

3 Likes

Phones / Re: One Plus CEO; One Plus 6 To Arrive In June With Snapdragon 845 On Board by 9JAgosurvive: 9:40am On Jan 14, 2018
Fuadeiza:

Nice One bro...

Nice one

Obviously both of you are commenting about a phone you don't know jack about.

Just goggle.. It's your friend.. or stop commenting on everything..
Religion / Re: House On The Rock Communion Day Outfits: Right Or Wrong? (Pics) by 9JAgosurvive: 9:35am On Jan 14, 2018
ikorodureporta:
I've been hearing for a while that HOUSE ON THE ROCK'S official outfit on communion day is Black, & last week i got to see the pictures online myself.

If put together with all these things we've been hearing & reading about them (https://www.nairaland.com/2867977/worrying-state-house-rock-cathedral ), in my opinion, is a Satanic Sacrifice. I also understand they don't call it 'HOLY' communion, and all members of the congregation are served. People should be very careful of where they find themselves in the name of church. How on earth can a man brainwash intelligent men that this is Holy communion? Do you guyz know what 'black & red' represent?

In my church, The Holy Communion is served to only Born again (practicing christians) who made themselves available at the altar, & white is more acceptable rep for holiness, as worn on Baptism days...

From this act, they are actually possessing their members with some demons which watches over their destiny, thereby gaining access to them at anytime, just for the selfish gains of the Leaders. This is a Satanic initiation ceremony!

I know majority will not agree with me as usual, but the truth remains sacrosanct! Be Wise!!

#FreeTheCaptives!

Lie.. Lie... Lie... Lie..

Can't you folks get a life and leave Christian and the church alone.
Religion / Re: House On The Rock Communion Day Outfits: Right Or Wrong? (Pics) by 9JAgosurvive: 9:34am On Jan 14, 2018
Lie.. Lie... Lie... Lie..

Can't you folks get a life and leave Christian and the church alone.
European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Huddersfield Town Vs Chelsea 1- 3 On 12th December 2017 by 9JAgosurvive: 9:58pm On Dec 12, 2017
Pidginwhisper:
But na who ask you?

If you have respect for yourself, you would have respect for other people, comments and opinions especially when it takes nothing form you nor does it insult you.

Am not one of those people who get into cat fights online,and last time I checked, it's still a free world - no disrespect to Chelsea but I support Huddersfield Town, and am proud to say I lived and schooled in that Town... Nothing wrong with that?

4 Likes

European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Huddersfield Town Vs Chelsea 1- 3 On 12th December 2017 by 9JAgosurvive: 9:45pm On Dec 12, 2017
Go for victory ✌ Huddersfield Town, that's my town - great memories form my days at the wonderful University of Huddersfield.

2 Likes

Religion / Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by 9JAgosurvive: 11:25pm On Dec 02, 2017
Miss leading heading "Biblical Truth".. All this nonsense won't stop a true thither, it would only give those who never wanted to tithe a justification for not doing so..

If your money don't flow in the direction of your faith, love and passion... You are of all men miserable.
Politics / Re: Residence Permits Of Expatriates In Atiku’s Intels, Other Companies Revoked by 9JAgosurvive: 9:44am On Nov 16, 2017
Know a bit of the facts,behind the story, before commenting its always better - the writers comments here are not hear say, it's based on experience working for some of the companies mentioned.

First off, this act is plain witch hunting PERIOD!, the present administration like those before it, are going after ( ATIKU) a perceived contender for the crown jewel of Nigerian politics, the Precidency and trust me there are already collateral damages - some hard working Nigerians are losing their jobs.

Now that we have that out of the way, ATIKU is no saint, in fact it might be a crime using the words ATIKU and saint in the
same sentence, however the way, and manner this government is playing its politics both at party level and in government tells you one thing, it's no different from the ones of the past since what we have now in the political playing field are all recycled politicians, and yet the majority of voting Nigerians all shouted CHANGE! and thought they actually voted changed, at least until reality bites. Laughable indeed.

Back to the issue at hand, ATIKU, by the way does not own intels 100%,he has some stake in that company, but the company is majorly owned and discreetly managed by Mr Gabrielle Volpi, the smart Italian billionaire who made most of his fortune from Nigeria. From the companies listed by the Nigeria Immigration that they are now hounding all of a sudden when these companies have for decades abused expats qouta, on this list by the immigrations apart from Intels, at least two others on that list I know are companies also owned by Mr Volpi and since he is a very close associate of ATIKU, so much so that Volpi is even on the board of ATIKU, Private University in Yola, it's easy to connect the dots why the government through its agencies like the NPA, and the Immigration, are now after ATIKU interest and that of Volpi by association.

For me the dou of ATIKU and Volpi should actually rot in hell, it's a classic case of how corrupt Nigerians in Government, use foreigners masquerading as investors, to steal our common wealth and Volpi and ATIKU association, business and political interests have done this now to Nigeria for close to or if not more than 25 years, right from when intels operated as NICOTES, until it grew to become the biggest logistics service provide to the oil sector, having other companies Prodeco(construction and real estate) , West african catering(oil and gas catering services , Eko support, and a host of companies, under the parent company Orleans Investment, that was misspelt in this story on NL.

So believe me when I say ATIKU is not a saint, however the axe I have to grind with this government and its gestapo, mafia like approach all of a sudden to the ATIKU, factory of investment that's been milking the nation for decades now, is that it is all based on political expediency, not because they are really after corruption or the abuse of process as now being bantered by NPA, Immigration and am sure the FRIS too will come up with something on tax evasions soon, something intels is big on, especially with VAT/WHT (there you go FIRS free info) so do your job.

In the true sense of the matter, I am confident that all these agencies of government knew all along the shadyness of these companies, but they always look the other way, or joined the party via kickbacks, at least until now that ATIKU, once again is circleling the Aso Rock nest, to lunch a take over of this most priced nest.

As much as intels, prodeco, orleans invest etc are all companies that Volpi and his ATIKU connection have used for years pilfering Nigeria's wealth smartly, for example - some of the hugely unfair contracts IOC had to sign having very higher tariff, they where practically arm twisted to signed for logistics services provided by intels at the Onne, ports and Warri ports during/after when ATIKU was the VP, the consession agreements giving intels the choicest seaports in the south - south to operate all happened when ATIKU was still in government, and when he left government we all know he has remained very powerful and influential on the corridors of power, protecting his interest in the Nigerian cake.

Well, now he wants more and the Government of the day, won't have that. So they go after him, indirectly and as they squeeze these companies, it shades offer layers of its staffs, Nigerians first, so it can stay afloat and wait this out hopefully till ATIKU contest and win, or they close shop and move their investments else where or they ditch ATIKU when the heat is too much and invite another powerful corrupt Nigeria to take up his stakes, these are their options,watch and see.

However, Nigeria will not be the better for all of these noise we are seeing today about intels or these other companies abusing the system, because, like I said, it's a witch hunt. It's not done in an honest manner to stop corruption, but it's done to put ATIKU in its place and if he backs down, he is allowed to continue with his associates to share that part of the Nigeria cake and things will be business as usual for intels and Co .

Yet as all this plays out, the pwans, which are the hard working Nigerians who unfortunately find themselves in those companies, and believe me some folks have put in over 20years of service to firms like intels, who by the way Is one of the worst paying oil services companies that provide services to the oil industry and now even with the poor pay they have endured while intels raked in millions of dollars, some of these folks are already losing their job over this fisticuffs, imagine. Corruption is hellish,so keeping Praying you are not directly or heavily a victim of its effects, even though we all are feeling the effects of corruption one way or the other.

If we had a decent and honest government, yes they should go after ATIKU, his associates and the likes of ATIKU holding various sector's of the economy and milking Nigeria, but also be mindful that these institutions or companies employ Nigerians,so they do their best to avoid or lessen any collateral damage.

Most importantly they should go after them cause it's the right thing to do, to save Nigeria from the hands of a powerful corrupt few, but it is wrong if this is all being done simply because they want to have him back off contesting the presidency and then allow the silent, smart, stealing, abuse of systems and contracts, by the likes of intels to continue,if and when he eventually backs off.

Copied and posted. So feel free to share..

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by 9JAgosurvive: 12:12pm On Oct 25, 2017
this obviously is a sad news for eager prospects for this year's scholarship,and we sure do have some on this thread, but at same time is the most sensible thing to do now, no need going and becoming a nuisance with unpaid fees and and no living expense.

Only fear is that this might mark the end of NDDC scholarship as we know it,if this pause ⏸ is not done properly.

1 Like

European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Huddersfield Town VS Manchester United (2. - 1) On 21st October 2017 by 9JAgosurvive: 6:03pm On Oct 21, 2017
Huddersfield Town

Town of my great University, The University of Huddersfield www.hud.ac.uk made celebrating tonight, town center, the pubs and clubs would be lite.. I love this town, I cherish my Uni day

Welldone lads

2 Likes

European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Huddersfield Town VS Manchester United (2. - 1) On 21st October 2017 by 9JAgosurvive: 4:39pm On Oct 21, 2017
Small, bank take big bank.. Lol

1 Like

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by 9JAgosurvive: 3:24pm On Sep 29, 2017
9JAgosurvive:
Many folks would have to deferred their admission to Jan 2018 start due to this delay, however if you looking at a UK university, you are still in luck -even though a couple of UK University exceed the 30000 USD NDDC will be giving,cost for some still fall well below the sponsorship value,and they have a Jan 2018 start.

So for those who are successful in getting the scholarship -and want to take up an offer with well ranked UK institution, that its tuition fee and living cost falls below NDDC 30000 USD sponsorship.

Contact me via PM and I will reply with details of how to get this sorted out asap,at no cost.

All the best,Cheers

Thanks

Lets talk on twitter - https://twitter.com/TeamNGN
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by 9JAgosurvive: 3:59pm On Sep 26, 2017
Many folks would have to deferred their admission to Jan 2018 start due to this delay, however if you looking at a UK university, you are still in luck -even though a couple of UK University exceed the 30000 USD NDDC will be giving,cost for some still fall well below the sponsorship value,and they have a Jan 2018 start.

So for those who are successful in getting the scholarship -and want to take up an offer with well ranked UK institution, that its tuition fee and living cost falls below NDDC 30000 USD sponsorship.

Contact me via PM and I will reply with details of how to get this sorted out asap,at no cost.

All the best,Cheers

Thanks
European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Barclays English Premier League's 2017/2018 Fixtures Released by 9JAgosurvive: 5:16pm On Jun 14, 2017
finally my team, Huddersfield in the PL.. let's get it on.
Events / Re: Nigerians Reacts To Hallelujah Challenge By Nataniel Bassey by 9JAgosurvive: 9:36pm On Jun 13, 2017
What's her point?, this so called Joy Isi Bewaji her anger or over concern about a challenge that she can as well overlook, is really just hate that's she's masquerading as "I too know". She is so intelligent and all she do I rant on Facebook and on the media, what's really her contribution to solving Nigeria's problem, who ever made her the umpire?she knows so much that she knows the challenge won't change anything. Nonsense!!. Somebody tell this odious lady, you can't understand faith, from the realms of logic - likewise faith is not a thing of logic anyways, otherwise it won't be faith. So leave the people who take on the challenge, to judge and seat there assuming that all the people doing or taking this challenge or every Christian out there is not productive to Nigeria is a lie from the pit of hell, HELL! something she probably knows already.. cause she can't see anything good in anything good. Get a life Ms goody too shoes
mirrakk:
Nigeria Reacts to #HallelujahChallenge As Media Mogul Comes For Nathaniel Bassey
247nigerianewsupdate.co Jun 13, 2017 1:00 PM

Media mogul, Joy Isi Bewaji, has written a piece on Nathaniel Bassey’s trending #hallelujahchallenge a.k.a Olowogbogboro. According to Joy, It won’t change anything, you can’t pray Nigeria to greatness, as she further disclosed that Religion succeeds in Nigeria and is the bedrock of our confidence and convictions.

Here’s her rant;

“#Rant881

#HallelujahChallenge will succeed bigly in Nigeria. That’s a given. Not a miracle.

Religion is the bedrock of our confidences and convictions.

Reinhard Bonnke succeeded in the 90s with his exaggerated revivals in Nigeria.

Adeboye succeeds every first Friday of the month, leaving travelers along Ibadan-expressway pulling out their hair (the irony of that situation: a god worshiping mission that makes people swear and curse in god’s name for hours of traffic they have to suffer just so a few can practice a religion).

Christ Embassy succeeded on Television. No ministry is yet to beat the hours dedicated to Oyakhilome’s theatrics.

Religion succeeds in Nigeria.

If I start a church today, it will succeed. Calling or no calling.

Because we are not people given to anything apart from an obsession with things we cannot see or have any control over, whilst all that we see rot away and are destroyed by our innate corruption.

This cute online revival will change nothing; even if we gather half the numbers in Nigeria to spread their faith on third mainland bridge and cry out to God (apart from that good feeling that plasters your heart after belting out and sweating on a few hallelujah songs).

This is the era of knowledge. We are not Israelites under Moses. Salvation has come. Jesus has come and died. What else do you want?

We have had too many spiritual revolutions. What we need is a mental one.

You cannot pray Nigeria to greatness. It is impossible for God to move in a country where we allow our police to discard rape cases with the wave of a hand, and our politicians rob us blindly. It is not up to God to save the rot in our educational institutions or fix the drainage on our roads. It’s up to us. And we can’t do any of that on our knees. We get shit done in 2017 by cerebral drudgery.

Religion is like soda. It’s Coca-cola. That drink isn’t going to save anything. It’s feel-good… and like Coke, we are addicted to this feel good process. Every Sunday we go to church to get our feel-good tablet. Then we have to come out of that fix after a few hours and face the issues that have been haunting us for decades, still unsolved. Still in need of a different approach.

Religion makes us vulnerable, self-centred and clearly delusional. It attacks our rational and coherent capacity.

Things are moving well in your life and a miracle occurred in your life and you finally got an answer to something that had been bugging you in your life because you prayed. But your prayer doesn’t have the depth or promise to change the problem called Nigeria. Your little success is beautiful. But what does it matter when every part of the country you call home is a wreck.

If you have beautiful lips but your body is ravaged by cancer, what then does it count for – those beautiful lips?

#HallelujahChallenge will succeed bigly. That’s a given. Not a miracle.

Why then are y’all so surprised that you can gather 50,000 people online? Revivals are our biggest achievements. The most educated will bow to a man of God who couldn’t pass his WASSCE exams. It is why we are what we are.

Stop being so shocked that people want to serve God. It is what we do. It is the only thing we do well. When we are done, we go back home and justify a paedophile, or delay the transaction of a debt, or bear false witness. Or choose any of the 100,000 ways to live sinfully. Then the process continues the next Sunday. Like a dark cycle, like playing russian roulette, until your own dark faith and spinelessness kill you.

God, however, wants you to get your knees up and go challenge your Local government for a start. He wants you to write a petition and follow through in regard to Queens’ College. Or choose any 100,000 ways to fix your country.

Try #ScienceChallenge, a hashtag that hopes to promote facts through experiment and observation, and see how far that will go. It definitely will not get 50,000 people questioning why we, a people of over 170million, cannot produce our own malaria drugs.

Do you know if they close the borders of Nigeria we will all die? Over 90% of our daily needs are imported. Even toothpick.

But prayer is the key. Smh.”

Politics / Re: Tompolo's 46th Birthday: Niger Delta People Celebrate On The Streets Of Warri by 9JAgosurvive: 12:44am On Apr 13, 2017
Why do you have rules on this your forum if it's useless, you say don't make tribalistic comments but the title of this story is, for lack of a more apt word stupid and misleading, a tiny group of misguided idiots,celebrating a bigger criminal idiotic human they call tompolo, should not be addressed as Niger Delta people,that's tribalistic, this gives off an impression as if it's the entire Niger Delta people celebrating a criminal, but yet despite your rules, you give such hatred spinning headline a prominent place on this forum.

The writer of this story ought to be ashamed, this type of sensational title is just to stock sectional hate and misrepresentation, grow up what purpose does all this divide serve you?

Thought the administration of NL knew better, you ought to correct this, but obviously am wrong.
Politics / Re: Police Rescues Frank Nweke Jnr From Being Kidnapped (photo) by 9JAgosurvive: 5:03pm On Mar 30, 2017
Thursday the 30th, not Friday get a calander Mr... lol

Nnamdisblog:
Former Minister of Information, Frank Nweke Jnr was on Friday, March 30th rescued from being Kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja Road by the Nigerian Police.

Frank Nweke took to his Twitter page to thank Policemen for coming to his aid on time and praised them for protecting their lives of Nigerians daily.

http://www.naijahelm.com/2017/03/police-rescues-frank-nweke-jnr-from.html?m=1

https://twitter.com/FrankNwekeII/status/847439227503624193
Politics / Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by 9JAgosurvive: 11:27pm On Dec 23, 2016
LoveDecay:

I think you dropped your brain

Obviously you are a paid Internet troll for the Buhari government, - and you lack respect for yourself so why won't you display same lack of respect for other peoples views. what a shame.... just answer the question, or move along hater!!!
Politics / Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by 9JAgosurvive: 3:13pm On Dec 23, 2016
As seen on Twitter, One simple question to Mr President and his media aides -

why the fanfare & commendation over one set of rice and nothing about the other?

Just a simple question ❓

1 Like

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Returnee Graduates Struggle As Employers Snub Foreign Degrees by 9JAgosurvive: 6:29pm On Dec 19, 2016
XaintJoel20:

Thanks for this informative analysis. Please edit and modify it, then send it to print media houses as an article. Hopefully it will be published. I believe the government would gain a lot from it.

Thanks for the wise comment, I sure will. - Thanks
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Returnee Graduates Struggle As Employers Snub Foreign Degrees by 9JAgosurvive: 1:52pm On Dec 18, 2016
This article makes no sense, so inaccurate void of any real statistics, or indeapt research but just based on one or two interviews.

Seriously it's guess work,at its best something Nigerian media and journalist do so well, and why am I not surprised most are from this same faulty and patched educational system we chose to run.

As at today there's no official figure locally of how many Nigerians school overseas and neither do they have official figures of how many Nigerians graduates leave private Universities, do the national services and are job hunting - so how do they come about the conclusion that employers prefer private University graduates? just as I thought guess work? by taking an example of one situation from one HR manager of an unknown and unnamed company and use that to conclude industry wide.

Even off the head, anyone knows that a serious company filling a graduate postion searches for who is best suited for the job, not who's necessarily the cheapest to employ.

It's just ridiculous to say private University graduate are cheap in the labour market hence they are preferred, I would take that as an insult if I graduated or am currently studying at a local private University or polytechnic .

That said, might I add that schooling overseas is not just to seek, a prestigious degree from a country obviously with a better managed educational system, it's also to learn cross culture, see the world from a different perspective - be more forward thinking and questions every answer or even existing theories as against the learned culture of regurgitation which our public educational system shamefully still practice.

It's a cultural experience, in meeting new people from all over the world who come to study at these melting pots of educational excellence - incase the writer of this punch news paper article don't know, education, just like technology is an export, and the sooner we realise that the better for Nigeria , because say all you want, it's only human for people who can afford it to seek better and well managed institutions - even small Ghana realises this now Nigerians go in droves to study there and no wonder one of the top 10 UK University set up a campus in Ghana , but no not Nigeria we focus on all the useless and non value adding arguments: like this punch articles so ignorantly display.

China is way, way advanced educationally and technologically than Nigeria, yet for some reason chinese students studying in the UK, America, Canada and Europe is a hundred times more than Nigerians studying overseas, do you think the Chinese government is foolish for allowing this?

I have no quams with Nigerian studying all over the world, the only problem is the government, and policy makers fail to see how to strategically use this vast skills, and knowledge base and ensure Nigeria get the most of what ever value these graduate bring into the systems, and the important networks built in the country where they studied.

If our young people who want to be engineers study in the same place our so called foreign "expart" engineers studied it's only a matter of time, they will replace all the expart working in Nigeria - if our educators and researchers study and research in the best parts of the world offering the best education - it's only a matter of time our own educational system will get better, and better and one day be at par with whats obtained overseas - so much so, that for us as a country education now becomes an export - and if any Nigerian is schooling overseas it won't be because of a lack of quality and prestige, but maybe just for the experience nothing more nothing less.

I consult in the education sector and this is my humble stance :except we get strategic, intentional and purposeful about everything education be it's received locally or internationally, we won't really take flight as a nation.

I welcome intelligent critic or support of my stance.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by 9JAgosurvive: 7:41pm On Dec 17, 2016
Real ? Doctored ?

One thing is for sure, if the security agencies from the polices to the secret services we have in Nigeria are really serious, this audio recording is the best tool yet to checkmate Gov Wike, - he should have been on a watch list,intelligence gathering about him, and all his aides,and every single state and federal law makers from the state should haven been at its best- and might I add,same should have been done for Amechi,Dakuku,Magnus Abe et al.

These men and shamefully women too are a disgrace to the state,the nation and democracy- their thirst for power knows no bound and they ride on the blood of people ,killed all over this state. On both side of the divid ,They arm groups of young men,they not only embolden cult groups,but have seek to protect some of them -On the side of law enforcement,these diabolical evil unrepentant soul would still compromise the security forces - and sadly ours in Nigeria is one already filled with corrupt and greedy officials and those more than willing to do the bidding of politicians federal or state. Theses beast in human form would even still go further to contaminate the judiciary- and all this for money and power

On the flip side- the state , Rivers stinks of ignorance as many,many young man,woman and even the old - take sides,in this dance of madness called rivers politics - the indigent progressives in the state have either moved out or ignore this craziness and find a way to move on and black it all out no matter how shameful it looks. The non -indigent residents honestly are the ones still making rivers look like it could still be inhabitable

Compare, the wealth generated from this state and look at what past and present governments ,pride and show off as their achievements- it's easy for you to see why development in rivers state is - Arrested Development.

I pray divine intervention in this state to reset things aright and also ask for Gods judgement here and now,since these men and woman blessed with a privilege of leadership in their own land and state,have turned it into a curse.
Politics / Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by 9JAgosurvive: 3:32pm On Dec 09, 2016
I posted this yesterday, on Naira Land Health Section, thank GOD now it's being taken seriously

: 9:29am On Dec 08
Over a few weeks residents in most parts of Port Harcourt are noticing black like substance under their feets, this is from a possible carbon dust cloud settling on floors, car parked outside etc. Although most people don't get to notice it in the air but you see tell tale signs when it settles and you walk on it especially with moist feet. I personally experience it and many people complain the same thing that they see the bottom of their feet getting black and they kept sweeping and mopping their floor assuming it's caused by their, generators, cookers or stoves.

However over the last few days and from complaints on social media, especially Facebook and Twitter, most people are realizing it's a city wide phenomenon and this could possibly be from pollutants since it's happening at this scale.

Although the local authorities are yet to say anything about it, on Twitter residents are pushing for the authorities - local, state or federal to urgently look into this and advice residents appropriate.

As is usual with social media people already speculating it's from the petrochemical companies and some say it's coming from illegal refineries though I have asked that people refrain from making speculations but rather draw attention to it so the authorities or experts look into this and advice - so any claim that's it's from the petrochemical plants or illegal refineries are not verified, however one thing is sure, theirs a soot, clog around some parts of Port Harcourt.

A precautionary warning message is being shared on Twitter to draw people attention to this - otherwise most people just still assume that's it's from their own generator or stove.

While Rivers is in high gear for rerun election, it's important that the authorities still give this some thought and look into it, it might be nothing to worry about but at same time it might pose grave health risk.

Please if you live in Port Harcourt and noticed this, kindly leave your comment below, so I can tally responses, I am doing similar stats on social media and everyone so far seems to be experiencing this soot. This is not trying to be an alarmist, but just to ensure we don't take things like these for granted cause as a people too often we do, until it's way too late.

Dear NL I would appreciate if this can be posted where it's most viewed. Thank
Health / Possible Air Pollution In Port Harcourt by 9JAgosurvive: 9:29am On Dec 08, 2016
Over a few weeks residents in most parts of Port Harcourt are noticing black like substance under their feets, this is from a possible carbon dust cloud settling on floors, car parked outside etc. Although most people don't get to notice it in the air but you see tell tale signs when it settles and you walk on it especially with moist feet. I personally experience it and many people complain the same thing that they see the bottom of their feet getting black and they kept sweeping and mopping their floor assuming it's caused by their, generators, cookers or stoves.

However over the last few days and from complaints on social media, especially Facebook and Twitter, most people are realizing it's a city wide phenomenon and this could possibly be from pollutants since it's happening at this scale.

Although the local authorities are yet to say anything about it, on Twitter residents are pushing for the authorities - local, state or federal to urgently look into this and advice residents appropriate.

As is usual with social media people already speculating it's from the petrochemical companies and some say it's coming from illegal refineries though I have asked that people refrain from making speculations but rather draw attention to it so the authorities or experts look into this and advice - so any claim that's it's from the petrochemical plants or illegal refineries are not verified, however one thing is sure, theirs a soot, clog around some parts of Port Harcourt.

A precautionary warning message is being shared on Twitter to draw people attention to this - otherwise most people just still assume that's it's from their own generator or stove.

While Rivers is in high gear for rerun election, it's important that the authorities still give this some thought and look into it, it might be nothing to worry about but at same time it might pose grave health risk.

Please if you live in Port Harcourt and noticed this, kindly leave your comment below, so I can tally responses, I am doing similar stats on social media and everyone so far seems to be experiencing this soot. This is not trying to be an alarmist, but just to ensure we don't take things like these for granted cause as a people too often we do, until it's way too late.

Dear NL I would appreciate if this can be posted where it's most viewed. Thanks

Phones / Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by 9JAgosurvive: 3:33pm On Nov 19, 2016
Tax, and multiple taxes all on stagnant wages, owed salaries, no wages and a people facing one of the highest rates of unemployment in the 21st century.

Copy cat Economist

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Amina Mohammed In A Queue At Abuja Airport (Pics) by 9JAgosurvive: 10:07am On Oct 13, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
So they had to come to airport with camera man to snap her?? Are these people not tired of feeding us with photographs??

shallat to that okpeke on white top & base ball cap, she gave them a very nice posture..

My Goodness, the comments here are unbelievable, the situation in the country and the apc, pdp hate, blame game and North south divid is turning even the most pious of folks into hate- nobody see anything good anymore. God help us all seriously.

Why are most folks like the poster above and some others here are so Synical and always have nothing good to say even when you don't have the facts. You may have a right to an opinion but at least, let that opinion be objective it's worth pondering about. Seriously NL is turning into a dumpster for all sorts of rubbish thoughts, ideas and comments. the

I was on this very same flight, Airpeace 5.40pm flight Abuja to Port Harcourt ., This madam (Amina) is the epitiom of modesty despite her current position.

She cleared security like everyone else , sat in same general waiting area not VIP, no aide or police woman carrying her hand bag, queued to start boarding , joined same airport bus to the tarmac and there was not one single camera man there, these are pictures taken by other passengers, cause in Nigeria when we see highly placed people doing the right thing, we are amazed since this is not common.

I won't name names but other ministers from same Rivers state, when they fly into that state, the airport at Omagwa see an usual crowd waiting to welcome him at the airport yet the arrival section for no VIP is still a leaving hell, yet no body takes picture of him and his crowd of supporters cause it's what's expected right?.

Now this lady does something commendable and you try to ridicule it, even if it's for showmanship don't you think this gives every Nigerian now evidence and an opportunity to hold other ministers accountable when then spend ministry money extravagantly. Am not pro APC or PDP, I don't get into that (bullshit) excuse my French, but just for one second Imagine if you can even fantom it.... Mrs Daziani, and Co did this during GEJ Era how far we would have gone changing the image of public office holder and politician living ostentatious life style. Even if you have the money, it take nothing from you to be modest (case in point Mark Zuckerberg, we all saw him on streets of Yaba looking like the average Joe )

Anyway there's always a first and if it take folks like the Minister Amina Mohammed toand some others showing the way that our political office holders must start living and acting modesty, then let's start from somewhere.

My motto is :If you respect yourself, you certainly respect other people no matter their's or your level in life.

When I see a folk who lack respect for people, I see someone who lacks respect for their ownself.
Travel / Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 9JAgosurvive: 9:14pm On Oct 12, 2016
abujaniv:
Hello 9JAgosurvive. Thank you for writing in to relate your story. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you and your family had during our systems outage, and I appreciate your patience and understanding. The Embassy was closed on Monday due to a US holiday, so it wasn't till Tuesday morning that the problem was discovered. The systems could not be fixed in time to accommodate any visa interviews on Tuesday, though they are now in working order. We are presently working hard to ensure that applicants who could not be seen that day will be able to get an appointment in the next few days or can reschedule for a later date. I will pass on your concerns, and I apologize once again for trouble.

Many thanks, for your reply. We keep an eye out for the next avaliable date we can book and travel again to Abuja for an interview.

Thanks

1 Like

Travel / Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 9JAgosurvive: 6:36pm On Oct 11, 2016
Dear AbujaNIV,

Thanks for making this channel available, please I would like to register my displeasure with my experience at the Abuja consular today 11Oct 2016 for a scheduled visa interview.

I and a member of my family traveled half way across the country for our scheduled interview for this morning 11Oct , on arrival I found a large number of other applicants schedule for interviews at various slots waiting too. The security informed us that there was an issues with the system, however we all waited in the blistering sun till some minutes past 10am before an officer from your consular came out to address the crowd that has now more than doubled since I arrived. She did apologies and informed us of the issues, however the solutions on offer didn't fairly address those of us that have traveled a long way to get to Abuja. She advised that we either come Thursday or wait till 12pm, and check again if the system is up and running, obviously for most of us with business and family to attend to in our states, we chose to come back by 12pm.

Came back, waited another one hour before we were allowed in by the security men, went through a long queue going through the initial formal check at the point of entry and security checks and then waited again for over another hour inside, standing since all available seats where taken only for all of us waiting to be told again the system still is not working and we would have to come back Friday.

Sadly this didn't take into consideration those of us like my self and many other folks with young children or aged parents who had traveled out of our location into Abuja, in my case I have incurred cost of return flight tickets for two, costing about 50,000naira for each person a total of 100, 000naira also Hotel accommodation of 80,000naira for two nights and taxi transportation cost and feeding cost,and all these would now go to waste since I didn't achieve my aim for coming to Abuja, so I believe you can understand my frustrations,as I can't wait till Friday because of my work, family and other commitments.

We had scheduled this as a one night trip into Abuja and out the next day and now this has not worked out due to no fault of ours.

While I understand, that systems can be unpredictable and may fail without warning, I would expect far better ways the consular handel's such unforseen situations and most importantly take into consideration the unique peculiarities of individual from outside Abuja, the importance of time and efforts it has taken to get to the point of making an application and coming for an interview.

If I had been given the information early enough as to the fact that they system is not working or won't workb and that we can't be interviewed today or even squeezed into the next day because of the volume of applications interview you deal with, personally I think it would have been better, rather than wait from 7am till 3pm and still didn't achieve nothing.

Also why not specifically address those of us who are not resident in Abuja and give further extended dates so if we wish to we could return at a far later date for those who can't wait till Friday due to our other commitments?

Well like I said I don't blame you guys, unfortunately it's a system issues and there's nothing you could do about that, but in the future informing applicants schedule for interview in a more timely manner and taking into consideration our own challenges will make this types of unpleasant experience more understandable.

Thanks for listening.

Best Regards.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.