Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? (6356 Views)

Please, What Does Ramadan Kareem Mean? / Obama TV Ad Aims To Calm Prophet Protests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by Logicbwoy: 2:04pm On Jul 26, 2012
I think so. I havent been banned by Maclatunji and my "question" threads have been answered.

So can someone explain the calming effect of Ramadan? As a former catholic, lent (lent is the catholic version of Ramadan) is a time for reflection on sin and fasting.
Re: Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by maclatunji: 5:36am On Aug 01, 2012
#Hehehe
Re: Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by tpia5: 1:24pm On Aug 01, 2012
Wait till after ramadan nah.
Re: Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by akanugy(m): 1:25pm On Aug 01, 2012
Hahahaha
Re: Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by Beaf1: 1:26pm On Aug 01, 2012
Yes it does. I mean REAL Muslims NOT Boko Rams.

3 Likes

Re: Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 01, 2012
One is naturally calm when the stomach is in need of food and that has nothing to do with the period of the year. By the way, who is a REAL MUSLIM? Is it the man who obeys the fundamental teachings of the Quran or the one who chooses what to obey and what to discard?

3 Likes

Re: Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by Gonzala(f): 1:27pm On Aug 01, 2012
^
Yes real Muslims not these confused set of people. If they are practicing Islam like they claimed, they atleast supposed to 'Hibbernate' during the fasting period.
Re: Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by ebamma(m): 1:29pm On Aug 01, 2012
ask bokoharam that question
Re: Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by daviessanmi: 1:29pm On Aug 01, 2012
ha! ha! ha! ha!! Go near them first..
Re: Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by lafuria1(m): 1:32pm On Aug 01, 2012
Yes it does, who would like to fast in ramdan and end up havin zero over 29 because of fightin and utterin vulgar. But those idoit bh are nt muslims.
Re: Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by Dainfamous: 1:32pm On Aug 01, 2012
na lie, i saw two Muslim girls in the restaurant eating with their hijab while they are fasting!they are hypocrites too dey pretend... these boko haram Muslim are not fasting beacuse a hungry man cannot carry AK47 and start shooting people and police,you have to eat belly full..and boko haram represent true Islam sad sad sad
Re: Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by airfinance(m): 1:38pm On Aug 01, 2012
Da infamous: na lie, i saw two Muslim girls in the restaurant eating with their hijab while they are fasting!they are hypocrites too dey pretend... these boko haram Muslim are not fasting beacuse a hungry man cannot carry AK47 and start shooting people and police,you have to eat belly full..and boko haram represent true Islam sad sad sad
Da infamous: na lie, i saw two Muslim girls in the restaurant eating with their hijab while they are fasting!they are hypocrites too dey pretend... these boko haram Muslim are not fasting beacuse a hungry man cannot carry AK47 and start shooting people and police,you have to eat belly full..and boko haram represent true Islam sad sad sad
For th fact that you saw them eating does not make them hypocrites. There are exemptions in fasting. They may be on at that period or having ailment which wld not allow them to fast. Pls reserch well before making comments.

10 Likes

Re: Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by matzoro(m): 1:39pm On Aug 01, 2012
U shuld ask urself 'hw many catholics fast during lent' and a hungry man is neva calm
Re: Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by reloboy(m): 1:39pm On Aug 01, 2012
SMH

1 Like

Re: Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by honeric01(m): 1:39pm On Aug 01, 2012

Were you expecting every muslim to honor the fast before? you believe there are no hypocrites in Islam/Christianity e.t.c?

Let me shock you, i believe 80% of every religious followers are hypocrites starting from you and i.

Can you say you behave the same way you behave at home in your church/mosque?

5 Likes

Re: Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by Lordave: 1:40pm On Aug 01, 2012
If u really want 2 know, just utter abusive words on Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) near a muslim. The result is your answer.

2 Likes

Re: Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by wandeay: 1:42pm On Aug 01, 2012
Yes, there was a post yesterday that explains how sex workers have not been making money since ramadan started, *winks*

1 Like

Re: Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by DANILSA(m): 1:53pm On Aug 01, 2012
Go to borno and ask, if I see u again I will tell u my answer. Safe Journey.
Re: Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by Logicbwoy: 1:55pm On Aug 01, 2012
I like the various answers that I am getting!
Re: Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by mufc009(m): 1:57pm On Aug 01, 2012
Da infamous: na lie, i saw two Muslim girls in the restaurant eating with their hijab while they are fasting!they are hypocrites too dey pretend.(
You are a cow.
How do you know they are fasting in the first place?
How sure are you that they are not off-salat?
See ya mouth like hypocrite

1 Like

Re: Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by tpapi: 1:58pm On Aug 01, 2012
Of course dey r very calm,dats y bombs r xplodin in sokoto,zaria n kano
Re: Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by oluMyderz(m): 1:59pm On Aug 01, 2012
mcheeeww smh
Re: Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by inspirenet: 1:59pm On Aug 01, 2012
tpia@:
Wait till after ramadan nah.

smiley
Re: Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by davoriskid: 2:00pm On Aug 01, 2012
grin wait n see them after fastn.
Re: Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by Egbagirl(f): 2:01pm On Aug 01, 2012

If you wanted to clarify some questions you have, fine but you cant start calling the girls hypocrites all because of your ignorance. It's not fair. airfinance has answered you correctly. There are exceptions to fasting such as pregnant women, sick people, women on their periods etc. Biko, dont be insulting other people based on lack of knowledge.

3 Likes

Re: Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 01, 2012
yes na Hunger cause am grin
Re: Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by mufc009(m): 2:05pm On Aug 01, 2012
Gonzala: they atleast supposed to 'Hibbernate' during the fasting period.
You are a clown
Hibernate? And resume their evil act after ramadan huh?
A true muslim wouldn't kill a fellow human being irrespective of their religion. Even when killing an animal the prophet say we should show remorse when slaughtering one.
…….he who takes a life will be judged like he killed all of mankind….he who saves a life will be judged like he saved all of mankind’ (5:32).
Salam on 2u

4 Likes

Re: Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by Basic(m): 2:12pm On Aug 01, 2012
davoriskid: grin wait n see them after fastn.
Simple English you don't understand. The OP asked if they're calm "during ramadan", and not "after". Do you need a translator? Oh, I can see your hatred for Islam has eliminated every trait of common sense from your brain. People like you give me every reason to believe that common sense is truly not common!
Re: Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by aminho(m): 2:12pm On Aug 01, 2012
Lordave: If u really want 2 know, just utter abusive words on Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) near a muslim. The result is your answer.
Re: Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by 9jii(m): 2:17pm On Aug 01, 2012
yes,but only the good ones.hunger can only make u angry not calm,for those that r saying na hunger.

understand smtn b4 comment alwayz,it ll help u not look foolish.
Re: Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by mshd5: 2:18pm On Aug 01, 2012
A true muslim wouldn't kill a fellow human being irrespective of their religion. Even when killing an animal the prophet say we should show remorse when slaughtering one. …….he who takes a life will be judged like he killed all of mankind….he who saves a life will be judged like he saved all of mankind’ (5:32). Salam on 2u[/quote]
Re: Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? by airfinance(m): 2:22pm On Aug 01, 2012
honeric01:

Were you expecting every muslim to honor the fast before? you believe there are no hypocrites in Islam/Christianity e.t.c?

Let me shock you, i believe 80% of every religious followers are hypocrites starting from you and i.

Dis is one of the most honest comment have ever seen on issues. My broda God bless you. You are one man I will like to be associated to. True man of concience without religion discrimination. Don't mind those other fools pretending to be holy
honeric01:

Dis is one of the most honest comment have ever seen on issues. My broda God bless you. You are one man I will like to be associated to. True man of concience without religion discrimination. Don't mind those other fools pretending to be holy
honeric01:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fiqh Of Menstruation 2 / The Death Of Prophet Mohammed - A Test of Prophethood / How To Avoid Major Sins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.