Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Pls I Want To Know More About Ahamiddya Before I Join - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Pls I Want To Know More About Ahamiddya Before I Join (1523 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Want To Know More About Ahamiddya Before I Join by Liadi2(m): 5:20am On Jul 27, 2012
Pls i want your enlighment about their society so dat i wouldn't be against the will of Almighty Allah, and is follower. Tanks waiting for your reply.
Re: Pls I Want To Know More About Ahamiddya Before I Join by maclatunji: 5:35am On Jul 27, 2012
^Bad idea, they don't believe that Prophet Muhammad is the last Prophet no ifs, althoughs or buts. Islam is Islam. It is when we focus on sects and organizations that we may stray.

May Allah lead us to the right path.
Re: Pls I Want To Know More About Ahamiddya Before I Join by ayobase(m): 8:10am On Jul 27, 2012
maclatunji: ^Bad idea, they don't believe that Prophet Muhammad is the last Prophet no ifs, althoughs or buts. Islam is Islam. It is when we focus on sects and organizations that we may stray.

May Allah lead us to the right path.

So, who do they believe was the last prophet?
Make it more COMPREHENSIVE when u r replying topics like this.
Re: Pls I Want To Know More About Ahamiddya Before I Join by maclatunji: 8:41am On Jul 27, 2012
I am a little bit handicapped on mobile, maybe later.
Re: Pls I Want To Know More About Ahamiddya Before I Join by Liadi2(m): 8:43am On Jul 27, 2012
Pls i need more enlighment o, explain further
Re: Pls I Want To Know More About Ahamiddya Before I Join by maclatunji: 9:28am On Jul 27, 2012
The following is a dialog between a Muslim and an Ahmadi.

Ahmadi: Ahmadiyyat is a revivalist community
Muslim: What exactly do you mean by that?

Ahmadi: Think about it. As the Muslims of the world continue to go astray, we are the only Jamaat that is bringing them back to the pure teachings of Hazrat Muhammad Mustafa SAWS through the guidance of the Promised Messiah!
Muslim: So, in essence, you believe that Ahmadiyyat is removing all evils that have crept into the faith over the centuries and restoring it back to purity. Is that a good summary?
Ahmadi: In a nutshell, yes.

Muslim: That implies that Islam was originally absolutely pure, but was corrupted over time. Can we agree to that too?
Ahmadi: Of course! We Ahmadis believe that Islam was pure during the lifetime of Hazrat Muhammad Mustafa SAW.

Muslim: Then you would certainly agree that what the earliest Muslims believed was true.
Ahmadi: Yes. It was only these mullahs that corrupted Islam.

Muslim: I think it is safe to say that Islam was pure during the first few generations of the Muslims. Would you agree?
Ahmadi: Not necessarily. There could have been mullahs then too.

Muslim: Saydinaa Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم said the best generation of Muslims was his generation (the Sahaba), then the next generation (Tabi’een) and then the 3rd generation (Tabi’een al-Tabi’een). So, within the first three generations, Islam was pure. Can we agree on that?
Ahmadi: Can I see this Hadith?

Muslim: Sure! Its located in Sahih Bukhari here (http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/hadith/bukhari/048.sbt.html#003.048.819)
Ahmadi: Okay, so the earliest Muslims are upon the Truth. I agree. So what?

Muslim: You and I can endlessly debate on the main topics of debate between us without coming to a conclusion. You think you are right, and I will think I am right. But, if no conclusion is being reached, we should take a standard by which we can check our interpretations. And since the Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم said that the best generations would be the earliest, let us see how they understood Islam. Make sense?
Ahmadi: That makes sense. But, we Ahmadis believe that Mirza Ghulam Ahmad was a prophet of Allah. So, anything a true prophet says is superior to that of a Sahabi or even the earliest generations, who were upon the true Islam. So, I will take his words first.

Muslim: But, that is assuming your own conclusion. I am questioning whether or not MGA was a prophet to begin with. By using his statements as proof, you are assuming he was true to prove that he was true. That’s circular reasoning. In logic, this is known as the Begging the Question fallacy.
Ahmadi: Fair point. Then I will quote you the hadith of Hazrat Aisha where she says khatam-un-nabiyyin does not mean the same thing as “no prophets after him”. That proves that we are right.

Muslim: You can quote that hadith, but I responded to that argument here (http://www.romanizedarabic.com/withlovetoahmadis/04%20Hadith%20of%20Aisha.htm). In short, the Murabbis told you a half truth, without explaining the full context. But, I was not referring to one-off out-of-context hadiths, I was referring to texts, letters and essays that documented what those coveted earliest Muslims actually believed. If Ahmadiyyat is reviving Islam to what Saydinaa Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم believed, then it logically follows that Ahmadiyyat must agree with those texts, letters and essays. Agreed?
Ahmadi: That makes sense. But, what other proof is there than the ahadith that I quote you?

Muslim: I can contest the references you provide, arguing that your references are half-truths or out of context. In fact, I believe all Ahmadi arguments are like this. People just don’t bother to double-check the Murabbis, just like with the Hadith of Aisha. You can reply to my contests, I can counter to them and so on and so forth. This can go on ad finitum without a conclusion reached. It turns into mere sophistry. As I said earlier, we need a standard.
Ahmadi: What then do you propose?

Muslim: I suggest we look at those texts that the earliest Muslims wrote. See what they said.
Ahmadi: Specifically?

Muslim: Let us see what Imam Abu Hanifah wrote. Would you agree?
Ahmadi: Why him?

Muslim: Because Abu Hanifah was part of the generation immediately after the Sahaba. He even met at least two of the Sahaba. And, Ahmadis officially recognize him as an authority in Theology and Law.
Ahmadi: Okay, let us use what he wrote.

Muslim: Abu Hanifah wrote a book on Theology titled “Fiqh al-Akbar”. It is available here: http://muslim-canada.org/fiqh.htm
Ahmadi: That is very long. What specifically are you referring to?

Muslim: Read the last point. Abu Hanifah wrote “the descent of Jesus (‘Isa), upon whom be peace, from the heavens is a reality”. Does this not show that our belief that he is alive and will return is the original position?
Ahmadi: It does. But, I could just metaphorically reinterpret that to conform to our beliefs.

Muslim: True. But, you also believe the finality of prophethood and death of ‘Esa عليه السلام are related beliefs. Abu Hanifah also said “Anyone who asks of this man (someone who claimed to be a prophet) the credentials of prophethood shall become an apostate (himself), for the Prophet of God صلى الله عليه و سلم has explicitly declared, ‘No prophet will come after me.’” This is from Manaqib al-Imam al-Azam Abi Hanifah.
Ahmadi: And were there others who also said this? Who Agreed with Abu Hanifah?

Muslim: Yes, many others. Actually, everyone. For example, Abu Ja’far al-Tahawi, a man from the 3rd generation of Muslims said this: “And that he is the seal of the prophets and the Imam of the God-fearing and the most honoured of all the messengers and the beloved of the Lord of all the Worlds; Every claim to prophethood after Him is falsehood and deceit.”
Ahmadi: But, would not the return of Hazrat Jesus from the heavens make him the last prophet? That would contradict their beliefs.

Muslim: There is a hadith that there will be 124,000 prophets. We Muslims believe that ‘Esa عليه السلام is the prophet immediately before Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم. He is prophet #123,999. Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم is prophet #124,000. To be very verbose, we believe that anyone who claims to be prophet #124,001 is a liar, because Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم is the last one. But, because ‘Esa is from before (ie, #123,999) his return does not contradict in any way. The only way it could conflict is if the second coming of ‘Esa made him prophet #124,001, which it obviously does not.
Ahmadi: So, you are saying that the earliest Muslims believed that Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم was the last prophet, that ‘Esa عليه السلام is still alive, and that his return does not contradict the finality of prophethood…

Muslim: Exactly!
Ahmadi: Interesting…I will reflect on this.

Muslim: That is all I ask. May Allah guide us all to what is True.

May Allah guide my Ahmadi readers from the false teachings of Ahmadiyya, invented by Mirza Ghulam, to the Tue teachings of Islam taught by the Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم.

http://thecult.info/blog/2010/06/20/dialog-between-a-muslim-and-an-ahmadi/

This should answer a lot of your questions, more to come!
Re: Pls I Want To Know More About Ahamiddya Before I Join by maclatunji: 9:32am On Jul 27, 2012
Ramadan and Ahmadiyya

An Ahmadiyya defence often consists of a statement along the lines of “We fast during Ramadan, how can you not call us Muslims?”

It’s a good question. Ahmadis do conduct most, if not all of the outward rituals conducted by Muslims. They pray like Muslims, they say the same kalima, they fast, some of them pay zakah, they even go to hajj, but none of these rituals constitute Islam in and of themselves.

For example, a hypocrite could observe these rituals, as the Meccan pagans did in order to spy on Muslims. This occurs with increasing frequency in the USA and to some extent in the UK, with some Muslims ensnared unwittingly into all kinds of absurd entrapment operations. Then there is the example of a Christian observing all of the rituals of a Jew, going so far as to call themselves the true Jews, all the while believing in Christ.

The fact that there is a normative tradition in Islam, massively outdating the arrival of the highly controversial figure of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, is actually lost on mainstream Qadiani Ahmadis, but not on the apologists, who with scant regard for the deep, studious methods adopted by Muslim scholars pick up a piece of knowledge here and there in an attempt to ensnare the unwary Muslim into another kind of entrapment altogether.

The facts are plain. The Ahmadiyya community sets itself apart from the Muslim community and is proud of that fact. Ahmadis are not allowed to pray behind Muslim imams, nor to pray for the Muslim dead, nor bury them, nor allow their women to marry Muslims. Of course, the converse is also true. Given that Ahmadiyya is outside the fold of Islam, Muslims shouldn’t be fooled by the outward appearances of the Ahmadiyya. Ahmadiyya is a non-Muslim sect.

So they can pray behind Qadiani imams, but that doesn’t make them Muslims.

They can pay zakah, even if their obligatory chanda payments are two orders of magnitude greater, but that doesn’t make them Muslims.

They can make hajj under false pretences, repeating their prayer in their hotel room after, having considered their prayer behind a Muslim imam invalid, but that doesn’t make them Muslims.

And they can fast during Ramadan, but that doesn’t make them Muslims either, because they believe Mirza Ghulam Ahmad was a prophet after Muhammad (saaws)

Let’s remind ourselves about Mirza Ghulam Ahmad:

- A man who used filthy curse words against his opponents

- A man who asked for tonic wine to be bought for him

- A man who used alcohol and opium in his quack medicines, medicines so patently fake and dangerously deceptive, that they were pulled off the shelves by the British Courts in India

- A man who was banned from making death prophecies by the same court after making 121 of them, a man who chased a married woman in publications and adverts for a decade before giving up finally when his own wife became the object of a “marriage prophecy”

- A man who claimed to the second coming of Isa (as), and many other prophets, including Muhammad (saws), who even saw himself as God in his dream

- A man who saw a vision of God as a majestic Englishman

- A man whose prophecies failed so often that his own actions caused Muslims deep embarrassment

It’s very important to understand that prophets are held to very high standards by Muslims, and by Allah (SWT) Himself. It was the repeated goal of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad to denigrate the achievements of real prophets so that opportunistically, he could claim that he too was on a platform as high as they.

Ramadan is a beautiful time for Muslims. I never understood how beautiful until I entered into Islam and left the wannabe cult that superficially dresses itself in some of the garb of Islam, whilst oblivious to the shining beauty of the body and soul underneath. Ahmadiyya is missing something. It is missing Islam.

During this beautiful month, I urge Ahmadis of Qadiani and Lahori persuasion to deeply study their founder’s and movement’s literature, as I did during Ramadan 8 years ago and come to the same conclusion that I did, that there is something wrong with this cult, and that the truth has been hidden from you, and that it is done to serve the interests of a small number of families; that the office bearers are on a power trip and you owe them nothing.

Come to Islam, it is your birthright.

Ramadan Kareem to all readers of this site. May Allah (SWT) bless us with hikmah and accept our du`as in this beautiful month, insha’Allah.

http://thecult.info/blog/
Re: Pls I Want To Know More About Ahamiddya Before I Join by maclatunji: 9:40am On Jul 27, 2012
Read comprehensively about the leader of the Ahmadiyya Sect here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirza_Ghulam_Ahmad .

You should know that the Ahmadiyya have close ties with the British and are well-funded and organised. However, their beliefs are totally outside Islam.
Re: Pls I Want To Know More About Ahamiddya Before I Join by LagosShia: 11:34am On Jul 27, 2012

(1) (Reply)

You Are Invited To My Nikkah / Ar Rahman Ar Rahim - The Second Ayah Of The Quran / A Christian Friend Has Just Accepted Islam, Help Make Her Strong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.