Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,043 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella (20816 Views)

Truck Falls On Okada At Oshodi-Apapa Expressway (Photos) / Okada-Man, Student Crushed By Trailer In Benue (Graphic Photos) / People Use Umbrella Under Rain While Driving Convertible (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella by justdtruth: 8:46am On Jul 27, 2012
This is an Okada man's way of meeting the needs of customers. Come rain, come sunshine, you'll get to your destination

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella by jeezybuck: 1:57pm On Aug 09, 2012
Now meaningless shit make it to the front page

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella by MrNigeria2(m): 1:57pm On Aug 09, 2012
wow, this is another form of Nigerians level of creativity, or is this another, sport in the Olympic games?
Re: Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella by zumarock8(m): 2:00pm On Aug 09, 2012
jeezybuck: Now meaningless shit make it to the front page

has there ever been a time the front page made meanings to u?

10 Likes

Re: Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella by ebamma(m): 2:01pm On Aug 09, 2012
na today u dey see mortocyclist with umbrella? Nairaland frontpage is becoming funny this days

1 Like

Re: Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella by Abbey2sam(m): 2:01pm On Aug 09, 2012
Now i'm wondering how this found it way to the front page....nice creativity sha

1 Like

Re: Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella by GEORGEFOREST(m): 2:02pm On Aug 09, 2012
9ja no dey carry last 4 hustling......i love dis.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella by jeezybuck: 2:05pm On Aug 09, 2012
zumarock8:

has there ever been a time the front page made meanings to u?

YES, The front page made a whole lot of sense several months back, Maybe they employed half baked moderators lately. I just hope i don't get banned.

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella by Booty4me: 2:06pm On Aug 09, 2012
Dont dull
Re: Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 09, 2012
This is creativity. I hope the wind dont blow it to cover his face....
Re: Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella by KingPradas(m): 2:07pm On Aug 09, 2012
Why be suprise
Re: Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella by Pennywise(m): 2:11pm On Aug 09, 2012
In countries where laws are obeyed traffic regulators will chase him and throw his ar.se in jail. Who gave him the right to make that modification? And what happens if that umbrella gets blown off and impact on another road user?

5 Likes

Re: Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella by amijid2012(m): 2:13pm On Aug 09, 2012
Dis suppose 2 b in d joke session n nt here pls.., undecided

1 Like

Re: Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella by buJu234: 2:14pm On Aug 09, 2012
thats creativity; but in Nigeria; government official are always the first to destroy made in Nigeria products...

so they may likely arrest the guy 4 traffic offences
Re: Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella by megxo(m): 2:16pm On Aug 09, 2012
LYK D UMBRELLA TIN JORRR........ OKADA MAN ON POINT
Re: Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella by Ndata(m): 2:25pm On Aug 09, 2012
Creativity my foot.It is a common sight in China bike with Umbrella attached.
Re: Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella by Chivivian125: 2:30pm On Aug 09, 2012
...all work no play makes jack,a dull boy
Re: Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella by teehaywhyooh(f): 2:41pm On Aug 09, 2012
no dull urself oo
Re: Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella by emsquare(m): 2:41pm On Aug 09, 2012
MrNigeria.:
wow, this is another form of Nigerians level of creativity, or is this another, sport in the Olympic games?

Lmao!
Re: Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella by waladis(m): 2:48pm On Aug 09, 2012
jeezybuck:

YES, The front page made a whole lot of sense several months back, Maybe they employed half baked moderators lately. I just hope i don't get banned.

Hey man, the fact that the front page doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean it did not make sense to other people. One man's meat is another man's poison. Well back to the thread, some people might find the idea of mounting an umbrella on an Okada being creative and protective against the weather but it could cause a serious accident if blown away by the wind even the metal part of the Umbrella could cause serious injuries, worst case is death in a case of collision. Its dangerous enough moving around with Okada without an Umbrella in Nigeria. A bad idea for safety purpose and a quick way to the grave.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella by Pukkah: 2:53pm On Aug 09, 2012
This violates safety in every respect. You should wear a raincoat if you must ride on 'okada' while it's raining.

People should also desist from wearing flowing robes and voluminous gowns while riding bikes.

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella by boykay101: 2:57pm On Aug 09, 2012
[color=#006600[b][/b]]THIS ONE IS NOT NEWS NAAA.. IS PLENTY FOR CHINA WEY I DEY ..NA OLD THINGS NAAA,[/color]
Re: Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella by Joey82(m): 3:13pm On Aug 09, 2012
@op
In bizness, its called added value.
Re: Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella by ifeware: 3:18pm On Aug 09, 2012
gone are those days when u open nairaland and engage urself wit educative and informative topics on front page.i wonder why topics of low minds make it to the front page or has nairaland been sold to mediocres?my tots

1 Like

Re: Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella by toluxa1(m): 3:18pm On Aug 09, 2012
If you check well, that Okada man is probably a graduate. Even if he is not, as my friends and I will say, "him go school". The umbrella is not the conventional one, it was modified such that its hard for wind to blow it away, regarless of the direction (not sure of a strong sideways wind though) and am sure the base is probably welded, Kudos to him but this is not frontpage material.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella by toluxa1(m): 3:21pm On Aug 09, 2012
waladis:

Hey man, the fact that the front page doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean it did not make sense to other people. One man's meat is another man's poison.

Bros, I can assure you that this 'news' or whatever it is, doesn't appeal to 70% of people here.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella by Rapmoney(m): 3:37pm On Aug 09, 2012
This post dey smell like mess grin
Re: Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella by ediko5(m): 3:51pm On Aug 09, 2012
Enemy of progress lyk u
Re: Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella by linearity: 3:57pm On Aug 09, 2012
This does not appear to be plausible, he is doing it with too much ease that, it appeared to be made for the cameras....

In a normal situation, you will see the wind blowing the umbrella and gathering below it with attempts to lift it up, blow it away, distort it or even air lift the bike....
Re: Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 09, 2012
that's creativity for ya cheesy cheesy
Re: Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella by Tolaaaaannni(f): 4:12pm On Aug 09, 2012
Wow. must be the first of its kind to make front page.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The NPF Digitalized Central Motor Registry And Stolen Vehicles Reporting Portal. / Please What Is FRSC's Stand On Google Map / This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.