Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car (20861 Views)

Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road / What Is The Average Price You Spent On Fuel In A Day? / 5 Signs Of Bad Fuel In The Tank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car by AutoJoshNG: 9:49am On Feb 04, 2018
Problems are bound to arise when the combustion chamber of your car does not receive high-quality fuel vapor that it needs.

Internal combustion engine vehicles get its power from these complex combustion processes. When this process is disrupted, there will be no proper combustion, the ignition will be interrupted and lots more. All these can cause performance related problems in cars and in extreme cases, it can damage the vehicle totally.

Bad fuel does not properly combust and these are effects of bad fuel in a car:

1. Reduced engine power:
Bad fuel will not burn and combust as high-quality ones. As a result, it will reduce the performance of the engine as well as power. The healthy fuel is needed for the proper combustion.

Anything less will mask normal engine performance and will reduce the engine power.

2. Hard-starting/Difficulty in starting up:
Hard start is another symptom of bad fuel in the fuel tank. Ignition depends on steady flow of clean, high-quality fuel in the cylinder. Bad fuel with low octane or high in water content can prevent a car from starting properly.

3. Engine hesitation:
The engine tends to hesitate especially when you want to accelerate. The car will not respond because something is wrong somewhere. Fuel with insufficient octane will reduce combustibility and hence will cause the engine to hesitate.

4.  Engine pinging:
One of the major symptoms of bad fuel in a car is engine pinging, or knocking. This occurs as a result of incomplete combustion. There is no sufficient burning of fuel and air mixture inside the engine cylinders. This will result to pinging, especially when accelerating.

5. Illumination of the check engine light:
Bad fuel in a car can be one of the numerous causes of check engine light on the dashboard of your car.

6. Reduced fuel economy.

7. Higher emission

To avoid all these wahalas, we advise you always use the correct octane for your car and you should always buy fuel from a reputable gas station. Black market is known to be the deadliest fuel you can use for your car.

Some gas stations are filled with scam. Their common scam is to fill their underground tank with premium fuel and then dilute it with lots of lower octane fuel. Don't be a victim.

https://autojosh.com/bad-fuel-will-car-7-effects-bad-fuel-car/

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 04, 2018
Noted
Re: This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 04, 2018
Anything goes in this country...

Trust no one. Even NNPC can not be trusted

By the way, how do we know genuine fuel?

9 Likes

Re: This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car by Litesanti(m): 2:50pm On Feb 04, 2018
I dont have a car yet sha... but i've noted dis
Re: This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car by pol23: 2:51pm On Feb 04, 2018
I only Buy fuel in Standard Gas station:
Oando.
Conoil.
Total.
Forte oil.
North West.
Mobil.
But since Buhari Don spoil everything,na anywhere fuel show oo.
Oludengun and son.
Olaiya.
Ajiku.
Aribisala.
Chukwu Egwu.
A&A.... many rubbish gas station with bad gauge and fuel.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car by rxmusa(m): 2:51pm On Feb 04, 2018
I'll jot it somewhere till I buy a car

4 Likes

Re: This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car by Pubichairs(m): 2:51pm On Feb 04, 2018
ok
Re: This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car by BiafranBushBoy: 2:51pm On Feb 04, 2018
Bookmarked. I will buy a new car by next month.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car by gmoney12: 2:51pm On Feb 04, 2018
ok
Re: This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car by 12345baba(m): 2:52pm On Feb 04, 2018
Na the costliest bicycle I dey use
Re: This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 04, 2018
You just mention only one thing over and over again

4 Likes

Re: This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car by chinawapz(m): 2:53pm On Feb 04, 2018
The deadly one is knocking
Re: This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car by NwaAmaikpu: 2:56pm On Feb 04, 2018
What you should never do is to buy regular fuel for a car that requires premium gas. Since the premium gas is hard to come by, get a fuel booster and save your engine.
You can't be driving a GWagon on regular gas.

You also can't be driving an FX35 and be drinking sachet water. People do that a lot. Instead buy 2 sachets and pour the contents into your empty Ragolis can if you can't afford a bottled water. Step up cool

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car by money121(m): 2:57pm On Feb 04, 2018
Okay
Re: This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car by Spoilt4toto: 3:01pm On Feb 04, 2018
undecided

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car by ikefight: 3:02pm On Feb 04, 2018
nice
Re: This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car by Nutase: 3:05pm On Feb 04, 2018
There is no reputable filling station again o. Even the so called NNPC sells bad fuel now.

Just commit your engine into Gods hand when topping up.

In terms of trust I will go with them in the following order:

Bovas
AA Rano
NNPC
Then others.

My list is based on quality control and integrity displayed by these stations.

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car by foliman(m): 3:08pm On Feb 04, 2018
Buying fuel in an unrecognised filling station is like buying food from mama put; you can't compare the meal there to a meal from KFC!

But in Nigeria case... you buy fuel wherever you see ni o. If not you are on your own!

BUHARI I HAIL THEE!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car by begwong: 3:14pm On Feb 04, 2018
sabama007:

True talk � ✔. We bought fuel mixed with diesel at a mega filling station � last year oooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car by MrEdimulo82(m): 3:45pm On Feb 04, 2018
Fact.... this just confirmed my recent experience from the last fuel scarcity....I must have fell a victim. Bought fuel from Mobil Onipan, my first time buying there. I experienced the fuel struggled to dispense, while meter was reading. Due to chaotic situation, miscreants dragging nozzle with attendant. The summary of my experience
1. My fuel gauge went crazy. Showing half full for a fill up I bought o.
2. My car drag to accelerate.
3. My gear went bad.struggle to engage or disengage on its own.
4. I noticed the smoke from the exhaust is somehow.
5. Took it to my mechanic, we removed the fuel filter, thick dirt to say the least. The last time I changed the filter was August last year.

I can conclude you made a valid points and I learnt my lesson especially on the choice of gas station for your car. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car by sherbol: 3:48pm On Feb 04, 2018
I no abt AA RANO ( Onitsha Road, Owerri).

The manager or supervisor is always d one monitoring hw vehicles move in n he does DAT so well.

They dispense fuel with not less than 3 pumps at a time which makes d queue fast.

They sell at #145 even at d peak of fuel scarcity.
I ve bot full tank from dem twice in january.

Am still monitoring ma car performance to check for their fuel quality n quantity.

It seems d owner is a northerner.

Nutase:
There is no reputable filling station again o. Even the so called NNPC sells bad fuel now.

Bovas
AA Rano
NNPC
Then others.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car by rawtouch: 4:03pm On Feb 04, 2018
after scarcity go and wash your tank..
Re: This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car by Cuteamigo1(m): 4:32pm On Feb 04, 2018
cant wait for electric cars to take over.
Re: This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car by crisycent: 4:59pm On Feb 04, 2018
rxmusa:
I'll jot it somewhere till I buy a car

As you sit down with burahi Na cow you go buy.
Re: This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car by TechAddiction: 5:19pm On Feb 04, 2018
sabama007:

From the taste...
Re: This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 04, 2018
This Fuel Is called SRG or condensate, dubious station owners mix it with petrol to make super profit, its harmful to newer cars especially those designed to run premium fuel
Re: This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car by cyborg123(m): 6:31pm On Feb 04, 2018
I doubt if there has been good fuel anywhere since the scarcity started. I'm currently experiencing mainly power loss & slight pinging during heavy acceleration.

What a country.
Re: This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car by sooperrescue(m): 6:51pm On Feb 04, 2018
This is a copy and paste topic. Autojosh, Nigeria only sell unleaded regular fuel and that is what we have here. Like you stated, all the faults are caused by lower octane fuel and that is why Mercedes, BMW, Acura, Nissan, Lexus, VW and Audi are going into extinction. The Petrol Stations to be wary of are those that have not changed their underground tanks to plastic. These are the ones that the fuel in their tanks automatically becomes poisoned fuel because the rust underground has destroyed the quality of the fuel. If your car requires unleaded premium fuel only, you should be very concerned but if it is like those local cars like Toyota and Honda with Kia and her sister Hyundai, no shaking.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car by valarinz: 8:09pm On Feb 04, 2018
sooperrescue:
This is a copy and paste topic. Autojosh, Nigeria only sell unleaded regular fuel and that is what we have here. Like you stated, all the faults are caused by lower octane fuel and that is why Mercedes, BMW, Acura, Nissan, Lexus, VW and Audi are going into extinction. The Petrol Stations to be wary of are those that have not changed their underground tanks to plastic. These are the ones that the fuel in their tanks automatically becomes poisoned fuel because the rust underground has destroyed the quality of the fuel. If your car requires unleaded premium fuel only, you should be very concerned but if it is like those local cars like Toyota and Honda with Kia and her sister Hyundai, no shaking.

Local cars you say?

Abeg make I run go hide before the cavalry arrives...

sad

1 Like

Re: This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car by Meetleader: 9:48pm On Feb 04, 2018
Nutase:

Bovas
AA Rano
NNPC
Then others.

AA Rano is dope... Thought I was the only one that noticed... best fuel ever..

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Get Doctor's Report For Tinted Glass / The NPF Digitalized Central Motor Registry And Stolen Vehicles Reporting Portal. / Lawma Truck On Fire At Iyana Paja Round About..(photo) Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.