Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

What Effect Does Lime Have On Concrete Fish Pond? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What Effect Does Lime Have On Concrete Fish Pond? (8203 Views)

A Nairalander Managing His Little Fish Pond- Self-employed / Fish Pond Construction (concrete Pond) / Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Effect Does Lime Have On Concrete Fish Pond? by TRIDEK: 5:58pm On Jul 27, 2012
I am new in fish farming and about to stock new concrete fish pond and someone advised to use lime in rubbing the pond surface, to reduce the effect of cement in the pond. We then applied it and some else now came and said it was not necessary on concrete pond.Which is which, my people?

Again, now we are about to wash the lime off, but it became extremely difficult to wash it off complete with water. Please is there any chemical to use to remove it completely and what effect does the lime have on the fish by the time we put them there if we can not achieve complete removal of the lime applied?

Please help.
Re: What Effect Does Lime Have On Concrete Fish Pond? by Chux6203: 7:15pm On Jul 27, 2012
It is not necessary to use lime in a concrete pond. All you needed to do to neutralise the effect of the cement was to use plantain leaves to rub the body of your pond and soak the leaves in the pond for some days and wash later with water or you simply put 2-3 tied bags of poultry litter into the pond filled with water. You leave the litter in the pond for 2 weeks and you remove and wash the pond with water. Lime is mainly used in earthen pond to fight fungi infection. You may however stock your pond as the effect of your lime must have worn out

1 Like

Re: What Effect Does Lime Have On Concrete Fish Pond? by hydroflake: 9:21am On Jul 28, 2012
Chux just said it all.
Re: What Effect Does Lime Have On Concrete Fish Pond? by TRIDEK: 8:28am On Jul 30, 2012
Thank you guys for this. I will act accordingly.
Re: What Effect Does Lime Have On Concrete Fish Pond? by ultrazone(m): 9:25pm On Jul 26, 2014
sddds

(1) (Reply)

Farm Workers! Farm Workers!! Farm Workers!!! / @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} / Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.