Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

A Theist Wants Advice On Suing God For Creating The Devil - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Theist Wants Advice On Suing God For Creating The Devil (984 Views)

According To The Quran,allah Help In Creating The World Largest Religion. / 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) / Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Theist Wants Advice On Suing God For Creating The Devil by LordBabs(m): 5:01pm On Jul 28, 2012
Some while ago, a friend, a staunch xtian(not a Nairalander) approached me for some legal advice on how to pursue a suit against God for creating the devil. Below is the encapsulation of his thoughts:
Some days ago, while walking down a street, he saw a goat. Wrapped around his neck was a small milo tin, cleverly hung, gagging its wide mouth. He asked why? And was told it is the only means of preventing the goat from eating, stealing and polluting people's food and other belongings. He laughed, and thought in himself, 'if only God had done the same to Lucifer, the world would be a better place for living.'

As an atheist myself and a legal adviser, I laughed hysterically(of course what else do you expect of an atheist) and offered the below arguments:
1. Why should you create something you cannot overly control?
2. Isn't it an outright foolery to invent something and claim that, that thing has an autonomy of choosing what it becomes(in reference to theists who claim God created Lucifer and not the devil; that it was Lucifer's choice to become so)? This logically self-indicts that God as not omni-potent at all. Or does a scientist invent an airplane and gives the object the choice of either flying or slouching on the ground? Isn't it expected of the inventor to fuel the plane and also aid its flight in order to consummate his works?
3. Why should there be evil in the first place? Are you sure that God isn't a schemer? Afterall the bible says he created evil(Isa 45:7). Infact, the whole thing appears to be a lineal ploy. Hence, if he created good & evil, then he must be the same being double-acting as God & Satan equally. Infact, he's a skilled actor.
4. 'And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart'(Gen 6:6): This unequivocally self-indicts this mischievous God as being far from omniscience. Is he so myopic, purblind or short-sighted not to have forseen this downfall of man? I think such an emotional being, that can even repent(meaning he is fallible) is unworthy to be called God! Far be it! What an unmerited arrogation of authority!
5. Or considering the gargantuan fallacies and discrepancies engulfed in the bible(especially), shall we then pass a vote of no confidence on the bible, as a yardstick of knowing God?
5. What is the legitimacy of this God? Why should it be the official duty of fellow mortals like ourselves to prove his existence? Inshort, what is the legitimacy of his advocates?
6. Isn't it wicked, arrogant and silly to say one cannot see God? Is it that he doesn't have the magical power to show himself or he's just too haughty? And don't I have the right to know the one whose will i'm subjected to?

Now, you can further enlighten my client on how to sue this unseen thing called God, that is if he seriously wants to do so or otherwise advise him anyway. Thanks.
Re: A Theist Wants Advice On Suing God For Creating The Devil by Delafruita(m): 5:09pm On Jul 28, 2012
the charge sheet should include
-negligence
-encouraging delusion
-source of bickering
-reason for excessive murders,wars,calamity
-racism
-bigotry
-crimes against humanity
-war crimes
etc
Re: A Theist Wants Advice On Suing God For Creating The Devil by LordBabs(m): 5:31pm On Jul 28, 2012
Delafruita: the charge sheet should include
-negligence
-encouraging delusion
-source of bickering
-reason for excessive murders,wars,calamity
-racism
-bigotry
-crimes against humanity
-war crimes
etc
lol! Expect a 5000-paragragh piece on that. Abi no be lawyers?
Re: A Theist Wants Advice On Suing God For Creating The Devil by NJV: 6:35pm On Jul 28, 2012
If atheists do not believe in the existence of the Almighty God, then does it make sense to want to sue a being that doesn't exist??
The fact that u or ur friend is contemplating a law suit at all simply means u believe He exists and that makes me glad.
Re: A Theist Wants Advice On Suing God For Creating The Devil by LordBabs(m): 7:28pm On Jul 28, 2012
NJV: If atheists do not believe in the existence of the Almighty God, then does it make sense to want to sue a being that doesn't exist??
The fact that u or ur friend is contemplating a law suit at all simply means u believe He exists and that makes me glad.
re-read the title of this post. Note that the suit is based on the assumption that there is God and which if won against the defendant would forever ban your so-called god-damn religion. . .that should make you worry dear.
Re: A Theist Wants Advice On Suing God For Creating The Devil by NJV: 9:17pm On Jul 28, 2012
^^^lol. Worry indeed! Goodluck on ur self-assigned senseless task.

2 Likes

Re: A Theist Wants Advice On Suing God For Creating The Devil by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 28, 2012
NJV: ^^^lol. Worry indeed! Goodluck on ur self-assigned senseless task.
Lol...
Re: A Theist Wants Advice On Suing God For Creating The Devil by LordBabs(m): 11:12am On Jul 29, 2012
NJV: ^^^lol. Worry indeed! Goodluck on ur self-assigned senseless task.
Thanks dear. I shall convey your regard to my client.
Re: A Theist Wants Advice On Suing God For Creating The Devil by LordBabs(m): 11:14am On Jul 29, 2012
musKeeto:
Lol...
may be na atheist like Logic boy NJV go still marry. We never can tell what the future holds.
Re: A Theist Wants Advice On Suing God For Creating The Devil by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 29, 2012
Lord Babs: may be na atheist like Logic boy NJV go still marry. We never can tell what the future holds.
Make lB no hear am o... grin funny thread..
Re: A Theist Wants Advice On Suing God For Creating The Devil by Purist(m): 6:04pm On Jul 30, 2012
Lol. This reminds me of a movie I saw some 3 years back: God on Trial; and another shitty one I saw recently: Suing The Devil.

@OP: You may want to check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawsuits_against_God

Good luck! cheesy
Re: A Theist Wants Advice On Suing God For Creating The Devil by LordBabs(m): 6:36pm On Jul 30, 2012
Purist: Lol. This reminds me of a movie I saw some 3 years back: God on Trial; and another shitty one I saw recently: Suing The Devil.

@OP: You may want to check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawsuits_against_God

Good luck! cheesy
thanks for that piece. My client will be immensely indebted. Btw, I've also seen that 'Suing The Devil'. The plaintiff was so stupid for suing the wrong person. The court was also biased, as well as the story writer. However the underlying intent is understandable, because it's meant to favour the christendom community. Cheers buddy! Fiat justitia ruat coelum!

(1) (Reply)

Will You Ever Deny Jesus? / Questions To Advoctate666 And The Members Of Church Of Satan About Atheism / Experience 2012 Live On The Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.