Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? (3722 Views)

According To The Quran,allah Help In Creating The World Largest Religion. / A Theist Wants Advice On Suing God For Creating The Devil / Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by huxley(m): 10:24pm On Apr 16, 2010
On each of the days of creation, did God create what he created in an instant, or did it actually spend prolonged periods of time painstaking, slowly and methodically creating his creations?

What might have happened had he not rested on the 7th day? Could he have died of exhaustion?
Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by noetic16(m): 10:35pm On Apr 16, 2010
on the seventh day. . .God CREATED rest.

P>S , . .why do u open threads and then run away? is it cos u are scared ur ignorance would be exposed?
Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by Mudley313: 10:39pm On Apr 16, 2010
huxley:

On each of the days of creation, did God create what he created in an instant, or did it actually spend prolonged periods of time painstaking, slowly and methodically creating his creations?

What might have happened had he not rested on the 7th day? Could he have died of exhaustion?

cos humans who created him had to bestow upon him human attributes

noetic16:

on the seventh day. . .God CREATED rest.

is dat a direct quote from your bible or your just makin sh.t up?
Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by noetic16(m): 10:44pm On Apr 16, 2010
Mudley313:

cos humans who created him had to bestow upon him human attributes

even by ur very low standards . . . .does the above make any sense?

is dat a direct quote from your bible or your just makin sh.t up?

what do u think?
Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by mamagee3(f): 11:22pm On Apr 16, 2010
Cause rest is necessary after Labor. . .
Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by DeepSight(m): 11:26pm On Apr 16, 2010
These huxley's threads sha.
Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by Mudley313: 1:52am On Apr 17, 2010
even by your very low standards . . . .does the above make any sense?

ok mr man of high standards. let me break it down to u in common mans terms. human beings (jews) when create this god, give this their god wen dem create human attributes (cos dem be humans), like taking a rest after a hard days work

what do u think?

i dunno. i dont read fairy tales
Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by Kay17: 2:56am On Apr 17, 2010
noetic16:

even by your very low standards . . . .does the above make any sense?

what do u think?
obviously, an almighty would not rest, if he is transcendent, if he does not possess a biological body and has metabolism. but the ancient where misled by dogma and perceived revelations and not reason. Christianity is like all other religions - fake and lies.
Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by noetic16(m): 11:18am On Apr 17, 2010
Kay 17:

obviously, an almighty would not rest, if he is transcendent, if he does not possess a biological body and has metabolism. but the ancient where misled by dogma and perceived revelations and not reason. Christianity is like all other religions - fake and lies.
Mudley313:

ok mr man of high standards. let me break it down to u in common mans terms. human beings (jews) when create this god, give this their god wen dem create human attributes (cos dem be humans), like taking a rest after a hard days work

i dunno. i dont read fairy tales

God created rest and set a standard for rest.
Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by polynesian(f): 12:07pm On Apr 17, 2010
Genesis 2:2-3 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing,so on the seventh day he rested from all his work.
And God blessed the seventh day & made it holy,because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

A sabbath of rest is one of God's greatest gifts to mankind, most christians agree that the observance of a sabbath is an essential part of the worship of God.

p-ce
Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by e36991: 12:30pm On Apr 17, 2010
huxley:

On each of the days of creation, did God create what he created in an instant,

or did it actually spend prolonged periods of time painstaking, slowly and methodically creating his creations?

What might have happened had he not rested on the 7th day?  Could he have died of exhaustion?

noetic16:

P>S ,  . .why do u open threads and then run away? is it cos u are scared your ignorance would be exposed?

Deep Sight:

These huxley's threads sha.

@Huxley

Your threads are welcome whether they are ludicrous or not

Keep them coming without giving in to intimidation, bullying, ridicule remarks or inhibition . . .

PS Its God's prerogative how he went about the scheme of things

I doubt God can die but rather was setting an example of what He expects of His creation (i.e. to rest . . .)
Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by macIB(m): 12:59pm On Apr 17, 2010
stop this "Judeo-christain" creationism crap !

I might as well believe God created the world by sending Obatala or Oduduwa, the way yorubas belief,

or God send Pan ku like the chinese belief.

All these creation stories are myth and folklores just to glorify a supreme being in each cultural settings

So if hypothetically Adam and Eve and the animals and plants were made like say 20,000 years ago what is the fate of the Dinosaurs who were around

230 million years ago or so.

so God created humans as Homosapiens straight out; what is the fate of the Homo erectus, Homo heidelbergensis, and Homo neanderthalensis.

All these creationism story are fraud and to be considerate, myths!

WE SHOULD STOP THINKING FOR GOD
Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by cantell(m): 1:09pm On Apr 17, 2010
^^^Bros i no blame you na. Na because you get internet(probably free) for house you come dey type anyhow. God go slap that ur small mouth.
Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by macIB(m): 1:13pm On Apr 17, 2010
God is more sensible and tolerant than you cantell

moreover I PAY FOR MY INTERNET AND SKY, cost nothing because i am rich, lol
Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 17, 2010
polynesian:

Genesis 2:2-3   By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing,so on the seventh day he rested from all his work.
And God blessed the seventh day & made it holy,because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

A sabbath of rest is one of God's greatest gifts to mankind, most christians agree that the observance of a sabbath is an essential part of the worship of God.

p-ce
Thank you. But why do you think an alpha and omega would need to rest? Does he have frailities and weaknesses just like humans?
Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by nauvel: 3:47pm On Apr 17, 2010
it is to set an example for everyone that you should always take a break from whatever you do and make sure it is done the right way.
Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 17, 2010
@nauvel,
Where in the bible is that explanation you gave stated?
Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by jagunlabi(m): 3:55pm On Apr 17, 2010
nauvel:

it is to set an example for everyone that you should always take a break from whatever you do and make sure it is done the right way.
Yeah, right. Where was that written in the bible, please? Or are you just making up patches to plug holes as you go along? grin
Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by wirinet(m): 3:56pm On Apr 17, 2010
Why should the Judeo-Christian God not rest? After doing 9 to 5 everyday for 6 days. Do you want him to die of exhaustion. He needs to take a good full days sleep, so as to prepare for monday morning. Because the Job of guiding and guarding his creations from his arch rival is going to be even more tiring and frustrating. He needed the rest to plan ahead on how he is going get his most stubborn and troublesome creations to bow down completely and submit to him.

At one point he lost patience and gave up, and decided to go back to the drawing board to start again with this most stubborn of his creations.

Now i do not know if he still rests every Sunday or the rest was a one off affair, after the tiring process of creation.
Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by jagunlabi(m): 4:02pm On Apr 17, 2010
What does he(bible god) do to keep fit? Does he have his own a fitness studio? I am asking this question because he will have to be fully fit in order to be able to keep pursuing the devil all over the planet to keep him away from his "children", among other numerous exhaustive tasks of his.
Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by e36991: 4:25pm On Apr 17, 2010
e36991:

@Huxley

Your threads are welcome whether they are ludicrous or not

Keep them coming without giving in to intimidation, bullying, ridicule remarks or inhibition . . .

PS Its God's prerogative how he went about the scheme of things

I doubt God can die but rather was setting an example of what He expects of His creation (i.e. to rest . . .)

Nauvel:

It is to set an example for everyone that you should always take a break from whatever you do and make sure it is done the right way.

Fellis:

@Nauvel,

Where in the bible is that explanation you gave stated?

Jagunlabi:

Yeah, right. Where was that written in the bible, please? Or are you just making up patches to plug holes as you go along? grin

@Fellis & Jagunlabi

". . . Patches to plug holes as you go along" ke, far from it . . .

Read Hebrews chapter 4 for where it is written and the explanation

This is leading by example and a coded message

A leader leading by example and demostrating when and how to take a rest and/or break

and the prophetic message that man in the end will have a break from toiling and/or labour
Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 17, 2010
^^I think you just drew that conclusion from the other verse because even you know that it is simply blasphemous to say God needs rest. The verse you speak of from Hebrews does not directly interprete the 'rest' as meaning that God is leading by example by 'resting'. Okay.
Secondly, since humans are already under obligation to follow the commandments God gives them, a direction to rest or take a break after their labour could have been given to them instead, if christians are supposed to take examples from God to determine what they should do, then they should also aspire to learn how to make the sun rise or set at their will, or how to give life and cause death or how to create their very own heaven and earth.
Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by e36991: 7:50pm On Apr 17, 2010
Fellis:

^^

I think you just drew that conclusion from the other verse because even you know that it is simply blasphemous to say God needs rest.

The verse you speak of from Hebrews does not directly interprete the 'rest' as meaning that God is leading by example by 'resting'. Okay.

Secondly, since humans are already under obligation to follow the commandments God gives them,

a direction to rest or take a break after their labour could have been given to them instead,

if christians are supposed to take examples from God to determine what they should do,

then they should also aspire to learn how to make the sun rise or set at their will,

or how to give life and cause death or how to create their very own heaven and earth.

@Fellis

Fellis whoa! whoa!! whoa!!! Ease up now, steady

Making the sun rise or set at their will, cause death or how to create their very own heaven and earth etc is going against the grind

C'mon, its out of jurisdiction and the sphere of authority given to man. You know that, or dont you?

"The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath" - Rest was made for man, not man for rest

but hey check these verses out, provided in different translations and tell me what you think

Its self-explanatory enough

Hebrews 4:9-11:

Contemporary English Version (CEV)

9But God has promised us a Sabbath when we will rest, even though it has not yet come.

10On that day God's people will rest from their work, just as God rested from his work.

11We should do our best to enter that place of rest, so that none of us will disobey and miss going there, as they did.

Amplified Bible (AMP)

9So then, there is still awaiting a full and complete Sabbath-rest reserved for the [true] people of God;

10For he who has once entered [God's] rest also has ceased from [the weariness and pain] of human labors,

just as God rested from those labors peculiarly His own.

11Let us therefore be zealous and exert ourselves and strive diligently to enter that rest [of God, to know and experience it for ourselves],

that no one may fall or perish by the same kind of unbelief and disobedience [into which those in the wilderness fell].

Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by ilosiwaju: 10:16am On Apr 18, 2010
Because his supply of redbull ran out. grin grin grin
Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by polynesian(f): 11:16am On Apr 18, 2010
fellis:

Thank you. But why do you think an alpha and omega would need to rest? Does he have frailities and weaknesses just like humans?

@ fellis, cmon, this is God, he created heaven & earth, the almighty, we dont qstion him, or asks why?, what God says goes,
Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by kieryn(f): 4:53pm On Apr 18, 2010
Remember that God did not create the earth in seven literal days. For one day to God is a thousand years. God rest on the seventh day to allow what he had already created to develop according to his will or how he wanted the earth to be. There more to it, I leave it at this.
Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by xword: 9:13am On Apr 19, 2010
It is unfortunate that most popular beliefs of Christians are authorized interpretations of unauthorized men. This is the reason for the gaps which prompts our mind to some question of truth. The Jewish teachers(Pharisees & Sadducees) were such examples(Mt22:29) even as we have them today in different pseudonyms and forms. The authority to interpret the scripture of God is not of man's school of thought but God's(1Cor2:6-14) and He gives it to whoever He chooses according to His will(Lk8:9)
In Gen1:31, God saw all that He made and indeed it was very good; this was the 6th day. Verse1 of Gen2 summarized all that God made; the work of creating had been finished but yet to be ended- Think.
Gen2:2 mentioned that it ended on the 7th day. The reasonable question is: what occupied God on the 7th day, so expedient that He did not end His work on the 6th day but on the 7th? Let me try to provide an answer in my opinion:
Which wise creator or inventor would do a masterpiece and not seek to establish it or rather preserve it? None! God who is omniscient should know better: shouldn't He?
On the 7th day, God established all He had done in six days by appointing the ordinances of creation. It was in this day that God set a law to govern all creation and to preserve it forever. It was only in this that He had peace of mind and success. So God did not just make, He also established(Psm119:90; Jer33:2; 51:15).
This is why God hallowed the 7th day and also because in it is the wisdom and righteousness of God manifested, His work perfected and He had Great Peace(Rest) from all worries and fear.
May the Peace of the LORD be with you.
Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by alaper: 6:07am On Apr 20, 2010
Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World?
« #25 on: April 18, 2010, 04:53 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember that God did not create the earth in seven literal days. For one day to God is a thousand years. God rest on the seventh day to allow what he had already created to develop according to his will or how he wanted the earth to be. There more to it, I leave it at this.

This is quite funny. Do you mean that we should change Genesis account to say god created the world in six thousand years and rested for one thousand years? No matter how much fundamentalists twist and turn, the bottom line is that the Genesis story doesn't make sense! tongue tongue tongue Does any one have any idea how God rested on the seventh day? cry cry Was he sleeping? cheesy Playing golf? cheesy or eating suya? cool The Bible says he likes the sweet smell of roasted meat! grin grin grin
Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by chakula: 1:53pm On Apr 20, 2010
that is how he likes.
Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by kieryn(f): 4:54pm On Apr 22, 2010
@alaper

So I guess to you the world just came out of no where. Whatever you are entitle to your own opinions. Why are you here commenting on how the world was created and how God rested if you dont believe in the Genesis account. Yep there more to it, but why go further with you if you dont believe in the Genesis account? Finished.
Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by suleiman16(m): 6:35pm On May 01, 2010
Don't mind that religion called chirstianity, they always give human attribute to God, is he like us whose after long working hour we need to rest, i just pray it wont be too late when the truth will come.
Re: Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? by illusion2: 8:17pm On May 01, 2010
suleiman16:

Don't mind that religion called chirstianity, they always give human attribute to God, is he like us whose after long working hour we need to rest, i just pray it wont be too late when the truth will come.

Sule,what does the religion Islam say about this day of rest. . . undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Not In Scripture ? Are You Prepared For A Shock? / Judging Vs. Rebuking / Is There Any Historical Evidence Of Jesus Christ Outside The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.