Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Online Jobs Application In Nigeria: Do They Work? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Online Jobs Application In Nigeria: Do They Work? (1425 Views)

Problem With Applicant Tracking Systems, How They Work And 5 Tips To Beat Them / Reasons Your Relatives Can’t Help You Get A Job Where They Work / Etisalat Online Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Online Jobs Application In Nigeria: Do They Work? by ritux: 11:16pm On Jul 28, 2012
Recently, I saw a post here on nairaland whereby the poster said something like in Nigeria only hard copy CVs submitted to companies are screened.
I am becoming to believe this because of my personal experience. I am a masters student in the UK about rounding up. Since I started writing my dissertation 2months ago, I have submitted over 350 CVs for job vacancies both home(Nigeria) and abroad online. Online in the sense that those that require you to upload your CV and Cover letter in their company's web site via some links and those that require you send your CV and cover letter to their recruitment email address. I have equally received positive and negative feed back from most of the foreign applications but not 1 single reply not even negative response from any of the Nigerian companies I applied to.

Now, from my experience and what a nairalander earlier said, it is only logical to conclude that online applications are not being regarded in Nigeria. I believe this companies only advertise for advertising sake and their online systems don't work. In other words, it all comes down to man when know man connection.
Please share your thoughts too.
Re: Online Jobs Application In Nigeria: Do They Work? by ritux: 12:07am On Jul 29, 2012
You guyz should please say something na! cry
Re: Online Jobs Application In Nigeria: Do They Work? by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 29, 2012
From my own personal experience both home and abroad. In the UK, you would receive a feedback from 99% of all online job applications.

In Nigeria, you stand a high chance to be called for interview if the job application requires that you send your resume to an email addy (not Yahoo and the likes). For applications that requires you to complete forms and upload cv, I can't remember receiving a reply from those ones.

Note: In Nigeria, very few companies have the courtesy of contacting applicants if they are shortlisted or not.

If you know someone in the company that could help track your cv, it would really help you get an interview and the job based on recommendation.
Re: Online Jobs Application In Nigeria: Do They Work? by ritux: 8:27am On Jul 30, 2012
saxywale: From my own personal experience both home and abroad. In the UK, you would receive a feedback from 99% of all online job applications.

In Nigeria, you stand a high chance to be called for interview if the job application requires that you send your resume to an email addy (not Yahoo and the likes). For applications that requires you to complete forms and upload cv, I can't remember receiving a reply from those ones.

Note: In Nigeria, very few companies have the courtesy of contacting applicants if they are shortlisted or not.

If you know someone in the company that could help track your cv, it would really help you get an interview and the job based on recommendation.

Thank you very much. This will help

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Vacancy / Pls I Need A Job / Rubbies Nigeria Ltd @ Victoria Street,ogudu-ojota

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.