Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,953 members, 7,952,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:00 AM

Nigeria Vs. India - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs. India (2753 Views)

CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 / The Truth About The Early 1900s Nigeria Vs India Match (1 - 99)!!! (photo) / Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs. India by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 13, 2007
What really happened, when Nigeria and India Played that the score was 100-1, i'll really like to know the full gist please! If there's any site to this story, please lemme know
Re: Nigeria Vs. India by darfur(m): 12:19pm On Dec 13, 2007
i think you need to take some fansidar. three tablets 500mg each. at a go.
then take paracetamol two tablets, 500mg each, three times a day, for 5 days,
then take some follic acid, 5mg per day,
then iron tablets, two tablets, three times a day for 5 days

because you definitely have malaria
Re: Nigeria Vs. India by HNIC(m): 12:51pm On Dec 13, 2007
darfur:

grin grin grin grin grin grin, My ribs are sore, Funniest I 've read in a long time!
Re: Nigeria Vs. India by MP007(m): 1:14pm On Dec 13, 2007
100-1 in a 90minutes game, thats interesting,
Re: Nigeria Vs. India by topeorekoy(m): 4:15pm On Dec 13, 2007
emmeno:

What really happened, when Nigeria and India Played that the score was 100-1, i'll really like to know the full gist please! If there's any site to this story, please let me know

that was the superstition that was in vogue that time. how on eart will there be something like that?
darfur:

that so funny, i think so too
Re: Nigeria Vs. India by folahann(m): 5:06pm On Dec 13, 2007
I heard this story before but i don't believe it so much. It was said that that was the reason India was ban from football till today
Re: Nigeria Vs. India by Fadajasi(m): 6:23pm On Dec 13, 2007
Tseew! This guy don go gaga
Re: Nigeria Vs. India by tosinadeda: 10:56pm On Dec 13, 2007
emmeno:

What really happened, when Nigeria and India Played that the score was 100-1, i'll really like to know the full gist please! If there's any site to this story, please let me know

u be maga o shocked shocked , where u come from dont u know about the word fable undecided

darfur:

LMFAO grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs. India by tommyex(m): 11:26pm On Dec 13, 2007
It was jus a rumour then
it neva happened though India was said to be into voodoo soccer grin
Re: Nigeria Vs. India by davidif: 4:33am On Dec 14, 2007
Aww come on it never happened, i know every Nigerian has heard of that wonderfully fabricated myth of us loosing to India 100-1, come on now let's be logical, there are 90 minutes in a soccer game, how then could they score a 100 goals in a match.
The funny thing about it is that, a friend of mine from Saudi Arabia said the same thing about his country playing with the Indians and loosing by that scoreline, and i was shocked i thought it was Nigeria, it was then we both realized how much of a myth it was.
On a more serious note, how did this rumor not only spread amongst not only Nigerians but to people in the Middle East or other parts of Africa, that propaganda machine is probably the most powerful in the world because till today it still has staying power, millions of Nigerians still believe it, some who vehemently defend it like it was fact, like my roomate in boarding school in naija. I think it was probably a movie like "Shaolin Soccer" grin grin grin . Who knows
Re: Nigeria Vs. India by davidif: 4:36am On Dec 14, 2007
If it happened then there has to be some video evidence of the match. Probably somewhere on Youtube or NTA sports archives.
Re: Nigeria Vs. India by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 14, 2007
darfur:

Broda he-goat, I'm not a soccer fan and i was just bothered, that i've tried on youtube and everywhere just to get the truth about it but not gotten any yet, so i thought bringin' it here would solve the issue.

so stop behavin' like a crossbreed of a Horse and a Monkey angry angry
Re: Nigeria Vs. India by eldee(m): 8:17am On Dec 14, 2007
rotflmao

so stop behavin' like a crossbreed of a Horse and a Monkey

That's really funny but I think u should have posted that ur not a soccer fan ages ago. Anyways nice one digging up that myth that travelled fast without the aid of technology. I think it's stood strong because our parents helped in passing it down to us. And like the story of the tortoise falling and breaking his back, we always trusted them.

It sounds funny hearing that u went on youtube to search for that, just imagine if it was real, u'll be watching 101 goals, lol and seeing footballs turning into stones,
Re: Nigeria Vs. India by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 14, 2007
Men i tell ya, i juz went to youtube to check it out. i really wanted to watch the goals even went to google, and wikipedia, but it didnt just come up IT WOULD REALLY BE FUNNY To WATCH IT
Re: Nigeria Vs. India by ndumart: 7:39pm On Dec 14, 2007
100 - 1 in 90 mins? then i think Nigeria and not India should be banned from football?
Re: Nigeria Vs. India by ow11(m): 8:30pm On Dec 14, 2007
a goal every 53 secs even if it was Barcelona VS Dakota Fanning and friends
Re: Nigeria Vs. India by DisGuy: 8:39pm On Dec 14, 2007
heard this 'rumour' with thunder balogun and co grin

probably cricket score 100-1
Re: Nigeria Vs. India by EZHack(m): 9:09pm On Dec 14, 2007
An European friend also asked me this same question some couple of years back. It was surprising that stories like that had travelled even beyond Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Vs. India by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 15, 2007
ndumart:

100 - 1 in 90 mins? then i think Nigeria and not India should be banned from football?

lmao, really i would also vote for that if it actually happened.

EZHack:

An European friend also asked me this same question some couple of years back. It was surprising that stories like that had travelled even beyond Nigeria.

Naija has a way of takin' themselves INTERNATIONAL
Re: Nigeria Vs. India by Fadajasi(m): 9:46am On Dec 15, 2007
It might be a monkey post game you know with unlimited time
Re: Nigeria Vs. India by Purist(m): 10:52am On Dec 15, 2007
LMAO!

I even heard Amunike was the one who scored the only goal for Nigeria, hence, we were declared the winner of the game.  They said the Indians turned the ball into stones, lions, elephants, etc. . . you know, stuffs that made the keeper run away from the goalpost, and they would then turn it back into a ball and roll it into the free net.   I heard it was when they turned the ball into a stone that our own guy smashed it into the net, because India's keeper didn't see the stone coming.

Till today, I still wonder who came up with this wonderfully fabricated story that spread across the whole of Nigeria.

Good ol' days! grin
Re: Nigeria Vs. India by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 15, 2007
Purist:

LMAO!

I even heard Amunike was the one who scored the only goal for Nigeria, hence, we were declared the winner of the game. They said the Indians turned the ball into stones, lions, elephants, etc. . . you know, stuffs that made the keeper run away from the goalpost, and they would then turn it back into a ball and roll it into the free net. I heard it was when they turned the ball into a stone that our own guy smashed it into the net, because India's keeper didn't see the stone coming.

Till today, I still wonder who came up with this wonderfully fabricated story that spread across the whole of Nigeria.

Good ol' days! grin

LMAO. the GUy should be given an award!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs. India by romeo(m): 6:56pm On Dec 15, 2007
Quote from: darfur on 13-12-2007, 13:19:13

hahahaha Darfur that was spot on
Re: Nigeria Vs. India by folahann(m): 10:22pm On Dec 15, 2007
A Ghanaian friend told me that this also happened to Ghana and claimed it was only Ghana it happened to
Re: Nigeria Vs. India by tommyex(m): 1:01pm On Dec 16, 2007
Ghana is our kid brother,they always wana do as we do,

You guys are so funny ere,which breed is monkey and horse now??!I wonder how that will look
Na wa oo
Re: Nigeria Vs. India by lordimpaq(m): 2:12pm On Dec 16, 2007
tommyex:

You guys are so funny ere,which breed is monkey and horse now??!I wonder how that will look
Na wa oo

you guys won't make me stop laughing,

cross breed of a monkey and a horse, now thats funny,
Re: Nigeria Vs. India by eldee(m): 3:20pm On Dec 16, 2007
romeo:

Quote from: darfur on 13-12-2007, 13:19:13

LMAO. It's official, there is no need to go to the Jokes section if u need to crack up. This sports section is doing that job better.
Re: Nigeria Vs. India by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 16, 2007
Has anyone seen that offspring of a Chicken and a Lizard called Darfur angry, He thinks he can come here and juz prescribe drugs to humans. rubbish
Re: Nigeria Vs. India by darfur(m): 8:01pm On Dec 16, 2007
emmeno:
I'm not a soccer fan and i was just bothered, that i've tried on youtube and "everywhere" just to get the truth about it but not gotten any yet, so i thought bringin' it here would solve the issue.

did you try www.i'm_stupid.org , www.brainless.co.uk, www.dumbstar_nincompoop.com/olodo

because i was wondering which normal human being, adult, that would consider that story with which we were mesmerised as kids. kind of tales by moonlight. and start doing an internet search for it.

i didnt believe a normal human being will do that so i believed you have serious malaria and was trying to help a brother. or was it not malaria disturbing you? are you trying to tell me that it was your thinking faculty at maximum capacity working when you wrote typed those words tell me you were sick. i'll believe

even real madrid vs umuitiko community development mental home football team wont produce that kind of scoreline.
Re: Nigeria Vs. India by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 16, 2007
darfur:

did you try www.i'm_stupid.org , www.brainless.co.uk, www.dumbstar_nincompoop.com/olodo

because i was wondering which normal human being, adult, that would consider that story with which we were mesmerised as kids. kind of tales by moonlight. and start doing an internet search for it.

i didnt believe a normal human being will do that so i believed you have serious malaria and was trying to help a brother. or was it not malaria disturbing you? are you trying to tell me that it was your thinking faculty at maximum capacity working when you wrote typed those words tell me you were sick. i'll believe

even real madrid vs umuitiko community development mental home football team wont produce that kind of scoreline.

Seriously men, i'll give it up to U. u made me laugh, and really its iight. No more BEEF
Re: Nigeria Vs. India by darfur(m): 8:19pm On Dec 16, 2007
hahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin

your'e welcome bro cheesy have you taken the drugs lipsrsealed how are ya cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs. India by eldee(m): 9:06pm On Dec 16, 2007
@darfur
i used to respect jackal before but ur the proven sports section alibaba. the guy ur dissing even had to resign to escape ur tonguelashing. . . na wa ooo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Here Is The Profile Of The Owner Of Nairastake Who Is A Scammer / I Wish I Was Like Him – Iniesta Writes On Mikel’s Move To China / Napoli Fans Paint Vitor Osemhen Picture Around The City Of Naples As They Celebr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.