Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (384996 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by walestega(m): 7:34am On Dec 30, 2017
[left][/left]
Morning guys, please I plan to get a Nigerian used Peugeot 407 (ew10 engine) for my personal use but I'm kinda scared due to my experience with my previous 406 (D9) timing belt issues before I eventually sold it off. Engine was ew10
The timing belt was actually fine but I decided to change it based on the recommended change interval and then the problem started.
Within 2 years I changed the timing belt thrice, with Al the valves getting bent which cost me some money. The car was later sold and on calling the buyer after several months (which was yesterday), he informed me he changed the timing belt and all valves recently.
I love the Peugeot but the thought of the timing belt scares me a lot due to previous experience.

Any advise?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by gambus007(m): 12:46pm On Dec 30, 2017
walestega:
[left][/left]
Morning guys, please I plan to get a Nigerian used Peugeot 407 (ew10 engine) for my personal use but I'm kinda scared due to my experience with my previous 406 (D9) timing belt issues before I eventually sold it off. Engine was ew10
The timing belt was actually fine but I decided to change it based on the recommended change interval and then the problem started.
Within 2 years I changed the timing belt thrice, with Al the valves getting bent which cost me some money. The car was later sold and on calling the buyer after several months (which was yesterday), he informed me he changed the timing belt and all valves recently.
I love the Peugeot but the thought of the timing belt scares me a lot due to previous experience.

Any advise?

Yes, you changed timing belt...was it original timing belt or Timing kit?You made mistake of changing only timing belt whereas you were to change tensioner, Timing roller, belt itself(OEM) and waterpump(if necessary).If you get good one without electrical abuse then you are good to go.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by walestega(m): 1:11pm On Dec 30, 2017
Many thanks.

I'll take note of that.

gambus007:

Yes, you changed timing belt...was it original timing belt or Timing kit?You made mistake of changing only timing belt whereas you were to change tensioner, Timing roller, belt itself(OEM) and waterpump(if necessary).If you get good one without electrical abuse then you are good to go.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 1:32pm On Dec 30, 2017
More Peugeot Vehicles Original parts for Sale – Ikenna351/Lion King.

The listed below are available original parts for sale for Peugeot 206, 307, 406, 407, 607, 807, etc, with the following Engines,TU3JP, EW7J4, EW7A, EW10J4, EW10J4S, EW10A, EW12J4, ES9J4, ES9A, etc

1. Magneti Marelli Fuel Pump: N15,000.

2. Peugeot EW Engines Thermostat: N8,000.

3. Dayco EW Engines Timing Belt: N15,000.

4. Dayco EW Engines Auxiliary Belts: N9,000.

5. Peugeot 406 Air filter: N5,000.

6. Original Oil Filter for XN, ZN, EW & ES (V6) Engines: N3,000.

7. Fuel Filter: N2,500.

All above parts are imported from Europe.

Note that I request VIN and Engine Bay Picture before I sell parts to Customers or Clients, if the Lion is not physically before me.

* The parts prices above are subject to change.

Majority of Peugeot parts in Nigerian markets sold as OEM are fake. Beware!

Contact Details:

Ikenna351, Lion King.

I, today, 27/06/2020, intentionally edited and deleted some free vital information I provided in the original post (05/11/2019), which I shared here to benefit those who can't afford my private consultancy services, but have now been removed since the free information is not valued and appreciated.

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by iyaegin: 2:44pm On Dec 31, 2017
Peugeot gurus please can anyone help break down these codes, i tried to check online but i saw technical lingo, what i need is what the average car user can understand, my 407 is an EW12 and the mechanic says i would need to chaange the injector head/mouth.

Hello there is the outcome of the scan.some fault were cleared but seemed to come back again.

P0121; P0122; P1161; P1134; P0336; P0721;P0326;P0327; P0341

Kindly advise please.thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by ogunvic41(m): 4:32pm On Dec 31, 2017
iyaegin:
Peugeot gurus please can anyone help break down these codes, i tried to check online but i saw technical lingo, what i need is what the average car user can understand, my 407 is an EW12 and the mechanic says i would need to chaange the injector head/mouth.

Hello there is the outcome of the scan.some fault were cleared but seemed to come back again.

Lagos mechanics already fooling you... I tot u were gonna call me before getting ur 407... I drive EW12J4...
the throttle body(local mechanics call it injector mouth) don't really spoil on time
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by iyaegin: 5:55pm On Dec 31, 2017
ogunvic41:

Lagos mechanics already fooling you... I tot u were gonna call me before getting ur 407... I drive EW12J4...
the throttle body(local mechanics call it injector mouth) don't really spoil on time

True boss but an online review of some of the codes above i.e 0121, 0122, 1161 all point in the direction of issues with the throttle position sensor and throttle body but i just wanted an expert review from here.Besides the car stalls occasionally where it will be on but will not accelerate till i switch off and restart the engine.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:15pm On Dec 31, 2017
iyaegin:

I am more interested in PP2000 scan result than any other scan tool.

Scan the lion's engine & transmission ECUs with PP2000. Take picture of the scan results and attach here (the error definitions). Or if you are in Abuja, you can bring the lion to me for diagnosis.

Ikenna351, Lion King.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by iyaegin: 2:42pm On Jan 01, 2018
Ikenna351:

I am more interested in PP2000 scan result than any other scan tool.

Scan the lion's engine & transmission ECUs with PP2000. Take picture of the scan results and attach here (the error definitions). Or if you are in Abuja, you can bring the lion to me for diagnosis.

Ikenna351, Lion King.

Thanks for the feedback.the scan was actually done with PP 2000.see attached as requested.if they are not too clear, i can write them out for you.The Fan has also been connected directly so i have to change that back because Kazeem removed the thermostat.

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:26pm On Jan 02, 2018
iyaegin:

Thanks for the feedback.the scan was actually done with PP 2000.see attached as requested.if they are not too clear, i can write them out for you.The Fan has also been connected directly so i have to change that back because Kazeem removed the thermostat.

Below is the interpretation (even though the first fault on Engine ECU is not clear):

1. Your engine cooling fan factory connection has been bypassed and abused. The more you leave it in that state, the more it damages the BSM and Engine, that is, if the BSM has not been damaged already. Your BSM (New one) cost about N45,000 here in Abuja). And its possible the engine doesn't have thermostat, since they bypassed the fan. I sell original thermostat for your engine, contact me off the forum, if you are interested. Also, check if the current fan is 407 fan. Most times, they abuse the cooling system by swapping in 307 fan because its cheaper, but then the 307 fan connections wont work with 407 engine ECU & its connection to the fan. If that is the case, you will have to buy complete EW12J4 fan with the wiring harness. Used one cost about N20,000. If your engine is shorting engine oil frequently already, then the abuse on the cooling system has killed the engine. You will be running on borrowed time before engine packs up.

2. Your MTB (Motorised Throttle Body) has failed. I would recommend original brand new one.

3. Replace your Engine Speed Sensor, otherwise known as RPM sensor. It's mounted on the Bellhousing. If you don't and it fails permanently, the lion would no longer start until its replaced. However, confirm that the socket on the sensor or its connections are intact.

4. Check the connection to the knock sensor behind intake manifold. if connection is ok, replace the knock sensor.

5. Your timing is off a little. You need to reset it. Use the opportunity and change both the timing belt and auxiliary belt, including the rollers and tensioners. I sell the original belts. Contact me if you are interested.

6. Type out the highlighted first fault in Engine ECU you uploaded. I cant see both the error code and definition.

You bought an abused Lion. Next time, dont inspect & buy a lion only yourself if you dont understand lion systems.

Ikenna351, Lion King

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:33pm On Jan 02, 2018
Utilize Ikenna351 Knowledge to Acquire A brand New & Non-Abused Used Peugeot Vehicles –Lion King.

Few days ago, a man called me and said he recently bought a used Peugeot 407 and the car has been giving him nightmares. One of the symptoms he mentioned was excessive high fuel consumptions. He eventually brought the lion to me to diagnose, after taking the lion to several other mechanics that couldn’t figure out what was wrong with the car and spending almost half of what he bought the lion already at those workshops. Immediately I opened the engine bay, I saw the major cause of the high fuel consumption by mere looking at the Engine, Transmission & VIN. I closed the bonnet and told him to go and change the transmission to manual gearbox, change the intake manifold, MTB, Engine ECU kit and Engine wiring harness or Swap back in the engine meant for the Vehicle, before I could do further diagnosis or touch the lion again. He left, feeling devastated, from what I could tell.
None of the mechanics he took the lions to after purchase could figure out the issues with the lion because of lack of understanding of Peugeot vehicle systems, probably. The Lion was already abused out of specifications or factory design. Originally, the engine bay had EW12J4 engine with automatic transmission. But someone removed the EW12J4 engine and installed EW7J4 engine instead. Stupidly, they bolted Automated Transmission to it (probably the HP20 EW12J4 Automatic transmission) instead of Manual transmission. They also used the EW12J4 Engine ECU to run EW7J4 they swapped in, including the intake Manifold & Motorised Throttle Body. No Peugeot 407 was produced with Automatic transmission bolted to EW7J4 engine, because the engine power is too low to pull a Peugeot 407 with Automatic transmission. So the fuel consumption became excessively high after the conversion, which was probably the reason the previous owner sold the lion to the current owner. And to revert the Lion to factory Engine or swap in the EW7J4 manual gearbox, intake Manifold, MTB, engine wiring harness & Engine ECU kit, both options will cost him about N200, 000 or more, whichever option he chooses to go for, before you address other issues with the Lion. He probably going to spend more than he bought the Lion on repairs for the nightmares to stop, hopefully.

You can choose the service I am offering to anyone interested to avoid attracting such nightmares to yourself. A lot of people have brought Lions to me for diagnosis, only to be informed their newly acquired Lions were running with wrong or tampered Engine ECUs and BSI units, which make these Lions undrivable or with horrible issues. The List goes on.

Don’t make yourself a Victim. With N20,000. (Twenty Thousand Naira), I can prevent these nightmares for you when choosing a used Peugeot Vehicle to acquire, both Tokunbo & Nigerian used . I have been doing it for years for clients. You can choose to utilize my knowledge on these Peugeot Vehicles to get a sound clean used Lion of your dream or you choose other options available to you. You always have a choice, always do. Your choices determine your next experience or what you attract into your experiences.

Likewise, the service is available for those interested in buying Brand New Peugeot Vehicles as well. Now, you get to know all trims and specifications available for a particular model of Lion you are interested in before purchase. I will interpret the features, engine and transmissions available for the Lion model you are interested in, to help you choose which one best suit your purpose, need or want in a new Peugeot.

And when you employ my service to purchase a lion, you will be receiving Peugeot maintenance tips regularly from me for some months, to prevent abuse of your newly acquired lion.

I charge non-refundable N20,000 (Twenty Thousand Naira) per a Peugeot vehicle, if you wish to use my service to get a Lion that put smile on your face every time you look at him, seat in the lion, driving the lion or remember you owe such a lion.

Contact details:
Phone/WhatsApp number: +2348095721703.
Email address: ikenna351@gmail.com

The price is subject to change.

You will find more information about the service in the video attached below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpiwU9vKkJg&feature=youtu.be

Ikenna351, Lion King.

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 1:26pm On Jan 02, 2018
Why Lion King Love Manual Transmission Lions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc1udroFGLs

Ikenna351, Lion King.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by edoyad(m): 1:48pm On Jan 02, 2018
Dear Ikenna, after a friend who just recently purchased a used 407 asked me on advice on what to do, I being the car guru in our small circle, advised him to change all fluids and oils in the car to company recommended ones. However the mechanic who serviced the car told him 407 automatic Transmission is not designed for gear oil change. In fact he told him if he changes the gear oil he could experience transmission issues down the line. How true is this please ?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 2:00pm On Jan 02, 2018
Ikenna351 on How Nigerians Damage Their Peugeot Engines with Fake Oil Filter

I have received many complain from Peugeot vehicle users that started getting warning on their instrument panel reading "Insufficient Oil Pressure" or something similar, after changing their Oil filter. Some even experience engine failure few hours after the oil filter change. This video below explains why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu6n1XmT_cM&feature=youtu.be

Ikenna351, Lion King.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by iyaegin: 3:03pm On Jan 02, 2018
Ikenna351:

Below is the interpretation (even though the first fault on Engine ECU is not clear):

1. Your engine cooling fan factory connection has been bypassed and abused. The more you leave it in that state, the more it damages the BSM and Engine, that is, if the BSM has not been damaged already. Your BSM (New one) cost about N45,000 here in Abuja). And its possible the engine doesn't have thermostat, since they bypassed the fan. I sell original thermostat for your engine, contact me off the forum, if you are interested. Also, check if the current fan is 407 fan. Most times, they abuse the cooling system by swapping in 307 fan because its cheaper, but then the 307 fan connections wont work with 407 engine ECU & its connection to the fan. If that is the case, you will have to buy complete EW12J4 fan with the wiring harness. Used one cost about N20,000. If your engine is shorting engine oil frequently already, then the abuse on the cooling system has killed the engine. You will be running on borrowed time before engine packs up.

2. Your MTB (Motorised Throttle Body) has failed. I would recommend original brand new one.

3. Replace your Engine Speed Sensor, otherwise known as RPM sensor. It's mounted on the Bellhousing. If you don't and it fails permanently, the lion would no longer start until its replaced. However, confirm that the socket on the sensor or its connections are intact.

4. Check the connection to the knock sensor behind intake manifold. if connection is ok, replace the knock sensor.

5. Your timing is off a little. You need to reset it. Use the opportunity and change both the timing belt and auxiliary belt, including the rollers and tensioners. I sell the original belts. Contact me if you are interested.

6. Type out the highlighted first fault in Engine ECU you uploaded. I cant see both the error code and definition.

You bought an abused Lion. Next time, dont inspect & buy a lion only yourself if you dont understand lion systems.

Ikenna351, Lion King

Thank you so much for your feedback.it has been truly invaluable and i am eternally grateful.

Lesson learnt on caution while buying a Lion to avoid an abused Lion.

The code you have enquired on is P1133 and it says Supplier fault code
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by festuks(m): 6:53pm On Jan 03, 2018
Good evening house. Pls who has an idea hw much a 307 /2004 jp4 engine Catalytic converter would be.
Price for new and tokunbo pls.
I can be reached on 08026354142.
Thanks.

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ohakeem: 7:25pm On Jan 03, 2018
@ikenna. plz I want replace my timing belt. I need a gud belt for My 406 -W7.am in Abuja. I need mobile no plz.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by TitusJ1: 11:29pm On Jan 03, 2018
Please help my Peugeot 406 displays this error message:
Electronic ignition fault
What's the possible cause and solution please. Thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:47pm On Jan 03, 2018
Ohakeem:
@ikenna. plz I want replace my timing belt. I need a gud belt for My 406 -W7.am in Abuja. I need mobile no plz.

jjjjjj

Ikenna351, Lion King.

I, today, 27/06/2020, intentionally edited and deleted some free vital information I provided in the original post (05/11/2019), which I shared here to benefit those who can't afford my private consultancy services, but have now been removed since the free information is not valued and appreciated.

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by bily(m): 9:11pm On Jan 04, 2018
Ikenna351:
Why Lion King Love Manual Transmission Lions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc1udroFGLs

Ikenna351, Lion King.

Manual transmission is good. Abuja and generally the northern part of Nigeria have good roads with less congestion of vehicles. So you have less traffic.

But when you need to drive in the hellishlagoas traffic daily, you will keep praising the people that invented automatic transmission. It's just more sensible in a traffic prone area

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by ogunvic41(m): 6:44am On Jan 05, 2018
bily:

Manual transmission is good. Abuja and generally the northern part of Nigeria have good roads with less congestion of vehicles. So you have less traffic.

But when you need to drive in the hellishlagoas traffic daily, you will keep praising the people that invented automatic transmission. It's just more sensible in a traffic prone area
I hope u know I drive manual on uber/taxify in Lagos grin...for me its fun, danfo drivers can testify to that...anytime am in traffic I shift to neutral and pull up the handbrake...PEUGEOT made me like manual transmission. I now dislike automatic cars...
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by bily(m): 9:26am On Jan 05, 2018
ogunvic41:

I hope u know I drive manual on uber/taxify in Lagos grin...for me its fun, danfo drivers can testify to that..anytime am in traffic I shift to neutral and pull up the handbrake...PEUGEOT made me like manual transmission. I now dislike automatic cars...

We are not talking about the stand still kind of traffic that you can do the bolded and chill. grin we are talking of the constant stop and go traffic. How many times do you want to be pulling hand brake and shifting to and Fro from neutral, not to talk of depressing and releasing the clutch pedal multiple times in a minute? In such situations automatic takes the cake. No strain on your clutch leg. This one Na fact

Sometimes with uber, you can plan your movement. So there's a little bit of choice. So maybe we are not referring to the same kind of traffic. As per Danfo drivers, you could say it's fun, but most of them use a form of stimulant to be able to get through the day

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by micflo28(m): 10:38am On Jan 07, 2018
Where and at what cost can i get a sound 206 2006 model and what are the likely problems with this brand.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:50am On Jan 08, 2018
Conversation With Ikenna351 - part 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R56FbijSIgI

Ikenna351, Lion King.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:18pm On Jan 08, 2018
Ikenna351 Recommends Westron R-134a For Peugeot Vehicles/Lions AC Systems.

Hhhhhjj

Ikenna351, Lion King.

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:32pm On Jan 09, 2018
Ikenna351 on How Detrimental Going Cheap Can Be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKQT4uBcyI8&feature=youtu.be

Ikenna351, Lion King.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by abilityC: 12:50pm On Jan 13, 2018
To all Peugeot Gurus in the house thanks for all your wonderful contributions!
I quite like the 407 and plan on getting a Peugeot 407 for Uber Biz, i am quite confused as some have adviced against 407 with (EW10A Engine) which i am in contact with 2 sellers 2007 and 2008 models (Peugeot 407 EW10A), i was told EW10A is problematic and expensive to buy and maintain. Please to all truly informed here what is the truth?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:56am On Jan 15, 2018
Ikenna351 Observation on UBER With Peugeot Vehicles.

hhhhhh

Ikenna351, Lion king.

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:46pm On Jan 23, 2018

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:19am On Jan 24, 2018
Abuse on Peugeot Vehicle Fuel lines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUb5l-cGIXQ&feature=youtu.be

Ikenna351, Lion King.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by DMM007(m): 11:45am On Jan 26, 2018
Good Morning @Lionking. I want to buy a Peugeot car but am stuck between a 307 and 406. please advise me as to which to go for, and possibly recommend where to get good and reliable one including price range please. Thank you as I look forward sir.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 4:24pm On Jan 28, 2018
PEUGEOT 206 and PEUGEOT 307

Both are reliable, durable and fantastic cars. Will point out few similarities and differences below.

Mechanicals:
They bought have sinnnnnn. Hhhhj

Ikenna351, Lion King.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.