Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

I Want Our Baby To Use Both Hands. What Will I Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want Our Baby To Use Both Hands. What Will I Do? (3214 Views)

11-years Without A Child Only To Find Out My Wife Has Been Aborting Our Baby / British Mum Leaves Baby To Die During Sex Romp With A Nigerian(PIC) / The Birth Of Our Baby Girl Realtime Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want Our Baby To Use Both Hands. What Will I Do? by wakes: 9:01pm On Jul 29, 2012

Friends, If you want your baby to grow to use both hands as in both left and right hands in eating, writing, working, etc. What would you do?
Re: I Want Our Baby To Use Both Hands. What Will I Do? by r231(m): 9:04pm On Jul 29, 2012
undecided undecided
Re: I Want Our Baby To Use Both Hands. What Will I Do? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 29, 2012
Re: I Want Our Baby To Use Both Hands. What Will I Do? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 29, 2012
wakes:
Friends, If you want your baby to grow to use both hands as in both left and right hands in eating, writing, working, etc. What would you do?

Let me get this straight - you want to make your child ambidextrous? Why would you go to such lengths to impair your child's motor skills? undecided undecided
Re: I Want Our Baby To Use Both Hands. What Will I Do? by tpia5: 3:49am On Jul 30, 2012
if babies could talk. . . . . . . . .
Re: I Want Our Baby To Use Both Hands. What Will I Do? by wakes: 2:15pm On Jul 30, 2012
Siena:

Let me get this straight - you want to make your child ambidextrous? Why would you go to such lengths to impair your child's motor skills? undecided undecided
ambidextrous is that what it is called? Good, thanks. How will it impair a baby's motor skills. And what are motor skills? Thanks sir
Re: I Want Our Baby To Use Both Hands. What Will I Do? by engrtee(f): 4:22pm On Jul 30, 2012
My elder brother started as a LEFTY.my dad wasnt happy he wanted right. So he put a P.O.P. , a bandage with each .end tied to the wrist and round the neck. LIKE A PATIENT WHO BROKE HIS HAND.

Each time he wants to eat wit d left, his hand is heavy and he had to opt for right hand. This continued for 8 months until he learnt using the right hand.

Today, he writes wit left, eats with right, shoots ball with both
TRY D SAME

1 Like

Re: I Want Our Baby To Use Both Hands. What Will I Do? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 30, 2012
Re: I Want Our Baby To Use Both Hands. What Will I Do? by maclatunji: 4:52pm On Jul 30, 2012
Funny thread- I don't think the child should be forced to write with both hands. However, eating with the right must be taught by all reasonable means. You can encourage the child to write with the right hand after mastering with the left. Reward success with the right hand to encourage what you want to get achieved. Ambidexterity is cool now.
Re: I Want Our Baby To Use Both Hands. What Will I Do? by obasijoy(f): 5:13pm On Jul 30, 2012
my son uses both hands and I don't like it. I want him to use his right hand only but his class teacher advised me to leave him. My mind is relieved now. @OP Please is there any benefit using both hands?
Re: I Want Our Baby To Use Both Hands. What Will I Do? by maclatunji: 5:15pm On Jul 30, 2012
obasijoy: my son uses both hands and I don't like it. I want him to use his right hand only but his class teacher advised me to leave him. My mind is relieved now. @OP Please is there any benefit using both hands?

He can complete written exams faster! grin
Re: I Want Our Baby To Use Both Hands. What Will I Do? by obasijoy(f): 5:39pm On Jul 30, 2012
I just google the term ambidextrous and ambidexterity: this term is used to describe the ability to use both hands. Famous individuals like Albert Einstein, Fleming, Harry Truman, Leonardo da Vinci, and Michelangelo were said to be ambidextrous individuals. As you can see, it’s quite hard to use both hands with dexterity. The mental prowess of individuals depends on how they use their brain. It helps in using both hemisphere of the brain. if you want to achieve awareness at a much higher level, you must learn to be ambidextrous; that is, you need to use both hemispheres of your brain.

I have learnt in this post! I wouldn't stop my son again. No wonder the boy is too smart/clever. @18months he talks well and he sings most the poem they say in school and even Our Lords prayer. He is a fast learner.

1 Like

Re: I Want Our Baby To Use Both Hands. What Will I Do? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 30, 2012
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/01/100125094511.htm

Mixed-Handed Children More Likely to Have Mental Health, Language and Scholastic Problems, Study Finds
Re: I Want Our Baby To Use Both Hands. What Will I Do? by taryour(f): 9:51pm On Jul 30, 2012
Op what excatly do you intend to achieve if you get to make your child use both hands Why not leave him alone to use whatever God has given him or her... Will it change anything about your child or you just want your child to look diffrent from his mates?? I have never heard of were a parent wants a child to use both hands, whats the big deal if a child uses either left or right hand. I think you are being selfish or kinda wikced. Pls leave that child alone and let him or her be.

Or better still why not take your child for a plastic surgery so he can have 5 extra fingers added to each hand so he can also have 10fingers on his or her hands. Am sure that will satisfy you.....
Re: I Want Our Baby To Use Both Hands. What Will I Do? by 9lifes(m): 6:47am On Jul 31, 2012
The problem with humans is that they want to change everything,and see how f-ed up we are.

leave the kid joor..person wey get pekin dey cry,person wey no get dey cry too.What do u want?

Why not try it on urself first,and then decide if it will work for your kid.Child development is already hard,please leave the baby alone to grow.

(1) (Reply)

Child Custody Issues: What Do You Advise? / My Most Embarrassing Moment! / Most Popular Products In Nigeria (omo, Maclean, Close-up, Bournvita: Tom-tom)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.