Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Anyone Travelled To The UK Without B.T.A But Just Gtb Mastercard? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Travelled To The UK Without B.T.A But Just Gtb Mastercard? (2884 Views)

His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja / Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? / Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone Travelled To The UK Without B.T.A But Just Gtb Mastercard? by sans59: 12:22pm On Jul 31, 2012
Ok, so I went to my bank today gtb for purchase of foreign currency for basic travel allowance and was told they no longer give that since the gtb issued MasterCard can me used anywhere in the world . I have the card and it is well funded, I hope taking the card only without some foreign currency doesn't bring any issue at the point of entry.......anyone has successfully travelled to the u.k without the btw but just his or her card?
Re: Anyone Travelled To The UK Without B.T.A But Just Gtb Mastercard? by jaybee(f): 12:43pm On Jul 31, 2012
Yes.

I have travelled to uk several times with only my gtb master card. although i consider risky, but i have never been disappointed. right now i'm in the states and doing my shopping with the card. if you need cash, just walk into a shop, buy something and request for cash back. you will be given the amount you need as change without charges. but if you use atm machine you will be charged by gtbank for withdrawing cash. u think its convenient and secure.

goodluck
Re: Anyone Travelled To The UK Without B.T.A But Just Gtb Mastercard? by dustydee: 7:55pm On Jul 31, 2012
^^ smart move. grin Good idea never thought about it.
Re: Anyone Travelled To The UK Without B.T.A But Just Gtb Mastercard? by usherroyal(m): 6:04am On Aug 01, 2012
@poster and commentators. Do you think our immigration officier are going to allow anyone hold only his or master card alone without physical dollars in their hands as BTA. Please make it clear so that the poster with not be delay at the airport.
Re: Anyone Travelled To The UK Without B.T.A But Just Gtb Mastercard? by Aijara: 10:27am On Aug 02, 2012
i recently travelled to uk and it was very easy using the GTB master card, though i went with some pounds n euro cash to be on the safe side, also remember that u will be asked to declare what u have as cash or in your master card at the UK Border entry point. please dont declare anything false, if its yr first time.

(1) (Reply)

Ferry From Ajah To Igbogbo Ikorodu / Luxembourg Student Visa Application / Price Of Hotel Accomodation In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.