Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts (3699 Views)

Canadian Student Visa For Post Graduate With Cheap Fees & Without Ielts / Anyone Travelled To The UK Without B.T.A But Just Gtb Mastercard? / Nigerians In Manchester Uk!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts by isi4luv: 1:42am On Nov 18, 2010
Hello nairalanders i wud like to knw which college in manchester uk admits students without ielts exam score and also accepts 50% tuition fees b4 issuing visa letters nd C.A.S letters. Because i want to study diploma in information technology in the uk for the january 2011 resumption. I hv been at home 4 a lng time nd need 2 get back to school. Pls your assistance is highly needed. Thanks
Re: Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts by justwise(m): 8:09am On Nov 18, 2010
isi4luv:

Hello nairalanders i wud like to knw which college in manchester uk admits students without ielts exam score and also accepts 50% tuition fees b4 issuing visa letters nd C.A.S letters. Because i want to study diploma in information technology in the uk for the january 2011 resumption. I hv been at home 4 a lng time nd need 2 get back to school. Pls your assistance is highly needed. Thanks

Any course below degree level in the UK requires you to do ielts, foundation degree courses are not included.

You will only be issued CAS, not visa letter when you pay the deposit or all the fees.
Re: Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts by tunnytox(m): 8:44am On Nov 18, 2010
Just be careful about all these colleges some of them teach in urdu instead of English! you'll think you are in another planet when you find yourself in the midst of many Pakistani students who can't speak English and being taught in urdu grin grin
Re: Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts by justwise(m): 9:21am On Nov 18, 2010
tunnytox:

Just be careful about all these colleges some of them teach in urdu instead of English! you'll think you are in another planet when you find yourself in the midst of many Pakistani students who can't speak English and being taught in urdu grin grin

There are alot of such colleges in north of England, with little or no facilities at all, located in block of flats. Foreign students are their cash machine.
Re: Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts by isi4luv: 9:32am On Nov 18, 2010
Justwise nd co thanks 4 ur contribution its just dt i dnt really hv enough cash on me nw but i can afford paying half d fees of 3,500 pounds nd intend paying d balance when i am working. But doing ielts nw is a long process 4 me as i wud like 2 be in manchester 4 d january resumption. I hope i find an accredited college in manchester dt match my criteria 4 d january resumption or do u hv any in mind.
Re: Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts by tunnytox(m): 9:59am On Nov 18, 2010
@justwise
my broda no be small thing, I paid a fee of £4000 to one of this rubbish college unwittingly for my sister to study for ACCA. I was so angry when she told me that sometime they were being taught in Urdu beacuse most of the students in the college who are of pakistani origin could not speak English! imagine most time the lecturers don't turn up, no study materials, no well organised timetable in fact my ICAN lecture centre when I was in Nigeria was better organised than this college.
We are now raisng money for her to change to LSBF where she'll get much better facilities for less tuition fees, unfortunately due to the new law she has to sit for English test, hopefully she'll sort that out by january and leave that college.

@isi4luv
I don't know of any college to recommend for you if you are planning to study infomation technology but if its business studies like ACCA or CIMA I'm sure LSBF will be a very good place to study, I'm not sure if they run courses on Information technology. ABE(Association of Business Executives) is a professional qualification and a very easy course to pass, they offer diploma and Advanced diploma in information technologyand many colleges offer it but as at now I cannot recommend any college for you in Manchester (though i live in Manchester).

However, you'll still have to provide a proof of your proficiency in English before being admitted, there is no short cut for this, i'll advise you to be patient, go for the IELTS at least I know some people who booked for this test last month and already have a date in January, its not very difficult to pass and you don't need high score to be accepted. I am not sure but i think an overall score of 5.5 will be enough.

goodluck
Re: Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts by isi4luv: 10:35am On Nov 18, 2010
Thanks tunnytox 4 ur urgent reply i wud take into consideration of what u said. But i wud like 2 ask what college was ur sister in. The one u said dt hv bad facilities nd poor lecturer attendance. Whats d name of d college nd is d college in manchester. And also whats d full meaning of lsbf d new college u said u want to take her to nd where is it located at in d uk.
Re: Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts by tunnytox(m): 10:57am On Nov 18, 2010
The name of the college is Manchester College of Higher Education and Media Technology, avoid them like a plague. Lsbf stands for London school of Business and Finance. Though the name say London but they have a branch in Manchester. I hope this helps
Re: Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts by isi4luv: 11:26am On Nov 18, 2010
O.m.g!!! God bless u tunnytox 4 keeping me informed cos that was d college i was working on b4 i backed off last week. But i am looking into consideration dis colleges in manchester. i think u might like dem 4 ur sis too, west london college of business and management sciences manchester, metro college of management sciences manchester. This r my two choices dey r (A) trusted or what do u think of dem tunnytox.
Re: Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts by justwise(m): 6:51pm On Nov 18, 2010
isi4luv:

Justwise nd co thanks 4 your contribution its just dt i dnt really hv enough cash on me nw but i can afford paying half d fees of 3,500 pounds nd intend paying d balance when i am working. But doing ielts nw is a long process 4 me as i wud like 2 be in manchester 4 d january resumption. I hope i find an accredited college in manchester dt match my criteria 4 d january resumption or do u hv any in mind.

I don't see you meeting that target, since u are going for a cource below degree level, u will only be allowed to work only 10hrs wk, don't rush it, getting a work may not even be easy, just be careful else u will not enjoy ur time in the UK.
Re: Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts by isi4luv: 7:39pm On Nov 18, 2010
Firstly thanks justwise 4 ur response but it seems u never see when guys dey hustle. I am nt going 2 d uk 2 play around na hustle i won go do in a genuine way. By d grace of God i wud get a sustainable job dt wud sustain me help me pay my bills nd in less dan 6 months i shud be able 2 balance up d tuition fee. The least amount of job u can be paid in d uk is 7 pounds per hour. So sum it up nd multiply it by d 10 hours per week. u wud see i am almost dere. I am nt trying 2 say as soon as i get dere i wud start counting billions but i knw its nt easy nd its a gradual step but almighty God wud see me tru. I wud get 2 d top. I am nt going 2 d uk 2 count london bridges or manchester bridges, i am going dere 2 struggle. Dude no dulling oooo
Re: Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts by justwise(m): 7:57pm On Nov 18, 2010
isi4luv:

Firstly thanks justwise 4 your response but it seems u never see when guys dey hustle. I am nt going 2 d uk 2 play around na hustle i won go do in a genuine way. By d grace of God i wud get a sustainable job dt wud sustain me help me pay my bills nd in less dan 6 months i shud be able 2 balance up d tuition fee. The least amount of job u can be paid in d uk is 7 pounds per hour. So sum it up nd multiply it by d 10 hours per week. u wud see i am almost dere. I am nt trying 2 say as soon as i get dere i wud start counting billions but i knw its nt easy nd its a gradual step but almighty God wud see me tru. I wud get 2 d top. I am nt going 2 d uk 2 count london bridges or manchester bridges, i am going dere 2 struggle. Dude no dulling oooo
Please i'm not trying to scare u or something, yes God can do anything, but let face the reality here. Actually minimum wage in the uk is £5.93 and not £7.00, let say you are paid £7 an hr, 10hrs a wk will give u £70, in a month u have £280.
That £280 will be rent, gas bill, electricity, water bill, and TV licence(if u pay one). then u have to feed urself, maybe phone bills.

Based on 280 a month, in 6months u will have £1680, and you will have the remaining 50% fees to pay(£3.500)
You may decide to work more hrs but that is risky cos if u are caught then God help you. All i can wish you is good luck, but think carefully.
Re: Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts by isi4luv: 11:02pm On Nov 18, 2010
Justwise thanks nd may d good lord do good things 2 u nd ur family 4 wishing me well. Hope u r aware dt one is allowed 2 work full time during holiday hours nd dis wud boost my income during d holidays. U think like me dts nice justwise, evry1 is destined 2 make it in life. A secret about surviving abroad or hustling dere which people dnt knw is dt when u struggle genuinely without illegal activities in abroad u wud 95% succeed but if u go tru crooky means or illegal means u wud 100% fail.
Re: Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts by isi4luv: 11:02pm On Nov 18, 2010
Justwise thanks nd may d good lord do good things 2 u nd ur family 4 wishing me well. Hope u r aware dt one is allowed 2 work full time during holiday hours nd dis wud boost my income during d holidays. U think like me dts nice justwise, evry1 is destined 2 make it in life. A secret about surviving abroad or hustling dere which people dnt knw is dt when u struggle genuinely without illegal activities in abroad u wud 95% succeed but if u go tru crooky means or illegal means u wud 100% fail.
Re: Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts by tunnytox(m): 11:21pm On Nov 18, 2010
@isi4luv
Well i want to say that you sound rather too optimistic with your analysis but I believe Justwise has given you enough info to orientate you about the UK. You see gone are the days when its very easy to hustle in the UK, UK is not as easy as many thought at least not as it was 5 years ago. for someone like you who does not have any UK working experience getting a job of £7/hr like that will only take the grace of God and that's if you are even lucky to get any job offer at all. I do not intend to scare you but as it is now in the UK I'll not even wish it for my enemy to come here on a student visa with the intention to hustle cos life's so hard without job

concerning the colleges well if they are rated A trusted i supposed they'll be better than colleges rated B but like I said earlier I'll not advise you to take any college I'm not personally very sure of their credibility.

Goodluck
Re: Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts by justwise(m): 11:23pm On Nov 18, 2010
isi4luv:

Justwise thanks nd may d good lord do good things 2 u nd your family 4 wishing me well. Hope u r aware dt one is allowed 2 work full time during holiday hours nd dis wud boost my income during d holidays. U think like me dts nice justwise, evry1 is destined 2 make it in life. A secret about surviving abroad or hustling dere which people dnt knw is dt when u struggle genuinely without illegal activities in abroad u wud 95% succeed but if u go tru crooky means or illegal means u wud 100% fail.

isi4luv yes you are allowed to work full time during the holiday, since u are starting Jan, u will be able to work full time during summer holiday which starts around MAy till Sept. Your school may demand the remaining fees the moment u resume cos you have told the BHC in Nigeria that you have ALL the fees plus the £5400 maintenance fees, so they expect you to meet all ur financial needs without working.

I have been there, done it, so i'm writing from personal experience.
Re: Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts by tunjikrown(m): 5:47pm On Nov 20, 2010
To the writer of this post, i will like you to hear and think about wat you have been told about Uk and studying , its not easy atall, im a living withness and im telling you that i just came out of corner where i just finished crying, its not easy at all, think abt it very well my brother.
Re: Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts by tunnytox(m): 7:00pm On Nov 20, 2010
tunjikrown:

To the writer of this post, i will like you to hear and think about wat you have been told about Uk and studying , its not easy atall, im a living withness and im telling you that[b] i just came out of corner where i just finished crying,[/b] its not easy at all, think abt it very well my brother.

i wish you well my broda and i pray that God almighty will dry your tears.
Re: Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 20, 2010
Re: Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts by justwise(m): 7:20pm On Nov 20, 2010
tunjikrown:

To the writer of this post, i will like you to hear and think about wat you have been told about Uk and studying , its not easy atall, im a living withness and im telling you that i just came out of corner where i just finished crying, its not easy at all, think abt it very well my brother.

Please take it easy, i know some things can get one really down but try and pull urself together and be strong.
Re: Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts by tunjikrown(m): 7:55pm On Nov 22, 2010
thanks to you all, im strong and i ve said to myself , yea i can do this. but im telling you with all you have to pass through b4 one can make it here .nawa!! im trusting God!!
Re: Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts by justwise(m): 8:12pm On Nov 22, 2010
tunjikrown:

thanks to you all, im strong and i ve said to myself , yea i can do this. but im telling you with all you have to pass through b4 one can make it here .nawa!! im trusting God!!

That is the spirit!! Give it ur very best and leave the rest to God, who will not let you down.
Re: Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts by UNLEASHED(m): 8:52pm On Nov 22, 2010
@TJ
Sup bro? Why the cry? I hope Manchester ain't treating you bad

(1) (Reply)

This Is What Brazilian Stock Fish Looks Like (photo) / Sweden Job Seeker Visa: A Complete Guide / Which Country Can I Travel To With This Amount

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.