Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

ECU Stolen - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ECU Stolen (24824 Views)

Toyota Rav4 2001-2003 Ecm/ecu And Transmission Failure With Solutions / Buying Or Getting ECU (brainbox)? Read This! / Toyota Rav4 2001 - 2003 Auto Transmission /ECU Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ECU Stolen by erico2k2(m): 10:20pm On Aug 14, 2014
drcenti07:

Pls, what problem will I face..

I got one in ladipo yesterday, plugged it, it cranked and started once...

It wasn't the specific part no for my ecu (39110-39182)...

But I noticed it revved better than the other ecu, as in my rpm could reach the red zone on revving, unlike the previous ecu with part no (39110-39208)..

Aside from the perfect rev, the other symptoms were present...
-Low rpm
-hesitation
-surging
-stalling
-strong smell of uncombusted gasoline
-very rough idle

My original part no for my ecu is (39110-39108) according to a Goodman here..

And my key isn't coded...

Are you saying that, I still need to programme the ecu with my vin?

God bless
yes thats what you should really do with an ECU that correspond with you original part number,you just listed new problems, with time those problems would develop into major problems, for the time being I reckon you use that for the shortest possible time while you try and get a programmed one.
Re: ECU Stolen by seyola(m): 8:11pm On Aug 17, 2014
kablooee:

Please post correct vin. This is wrong

Thank you.
Pls the correct VIN is JTB11UJAOW9007915
Re: ECU Stolen by seyola(m): 8:25pm On Aug 17, 2014
kablooee:

Please post correct vin. This is wrong

Thank you.
THE CORRECT VIN is JTB11UJAOW9007915.TKS
Re: ECU Stolen by kablooee: 9:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
seyola: THE CORRECT VIN is JTB11UJAOW9007915.TKS

finally.

here is your Engine Control Part number :- 89661-60680
Re: ECU Stolen by Haydon1: 3:19pm On Aug 24, 2014
My 03 Rav4 was vandalized and the ECU (which i have upgraded) stolen alongside some other parts. After speaking to a couple of auto engineers and dealers i decided to try kablooee. Although i was a bit sceptical at first, one of the things he did that amazed me was sending the correct part no wen i told him i couldnt wait till the time he was proposing for him to supply the ECU.
Eventually he sent someone down with the ECU and the car worked perfectly fine after it was fixed.
I feel I should share this as someone might find it helpful.
Re: ECU Stolen by kablooee: 8:16am On Aug 25, 2014
Haydon1: My 03 Rav4 was vandalized and the ECU (which i have upgraded) stolen alongside some other parts. After speaking to a couple of auto engineers and dealers i decided to try kablooee. Although i was a bit sceptical at first, one of the things he did that amazed me was sending the correct part no wen i told him i couldnt wait till the time he was proposing for him to supply the ECU.
Eventually he sent someone down with the ECU and the car worked perfectly fine after it was fixed.
I feel I should share this as someone might find it helpful.

Thanks, we appreciate doing business with you.
Re: ECU Stolen by chikasin4(m): 5:14am On Aug 27, 2014
Hello mr kablooee pls help me wit my also stolen brain box machining no of toyota corolla 2003. Wit VIN NO 2T1BR32E93C739600. Tank u. Waiting for ur replay.
Re: ECU Stolen by chikasin4(m): 11:59pm On Aug 30, 2014
chikasin4: Hello mr kablooee pls help me wit my also stolen brain box machining no of toyota corolla 2003. Wit VIN NO 2T1BR32E93C739600. Tank u. Waiting for ur replay.
Na wahoo abeg respond na
Re: ECU Stolen by kablooee: 10:42am On Aug 31, 2014
chikasin4: Hello mr kablooee pls help me wit my also stolen brain box machining no of toyota corolla 2003. Wit VIN NO 2T1BR32E93C739600. Tank u. Waiting for ur replay.

Part number. 89661-02K20
Re: ECU Stolen by chikasin4(m): 1:08am On Sep 01, 2014
kablooee:

Part number. 89661-02K20
Thank u bro but is 2003 model oh american type. Anyother no apart from the above. Thanks
Re: ECU Stolen by kablooee: 7:40am On Sep 01, 2014
That is the exact part number for your engine computer BTW 03-05 will work but don't quote me. That part number is available and also very cheap.
Re: ECU Stolen by chikasin4(m): 11:25am On Sep 01, 2014
kablooee: That is the exact part number for your engine computer BTW 03-05 will work but don't quote me. That part number is available and also very cheap.
Thank u
Re: ECU Stolen by jaz(m): 8:36pm On Sep 06, 2014
guys pls i need ur help

my car, a 2008 Mitsubishi oulander 3.0 V6 XLS, wouldn't go beyond 60kph. once i get past that it switches off. if i move slowly or parked, esp. in traffic, engines also goes off. mechanic checked fuel pump, plugs, tank etc and then scanned. problem detected, ecu.

my mechanic confirmed finding a brain box with the correct part number but cant find someone to program the brain box.

- please could you help me confirm the correct part number for ecu replacement? VIN is JA4MS41X68Z002786
- can you guys help with finding a programmer who can help with fixing the ecu?

thanks
Re: ECU Stolen by erico2k2(m): 10:36pm On Sep 07, 2014
jaz: guys pls i need ur help

my car, a 2008 Mitsubishi oulander 3.0 V6 XLS, wouldn't go beyond 60kph. once i get past that it switches off. if i move slowly or parked, esp. in traffic, engines also goes off. mechanic checked fuel pump, plugs, tank etc and then scanned. problem detected, ecu.

my mechanic confirmed finding a brain box with the correct part number but cant find someone to program the brain box.

- please could you help me confirm the correct part number for ecu replacement? VIN is JA4MS41X68Z002786
- can you guys help with finding a programmer who can help with fixing the ecu?

thanks
Have you got the part number of the faulty ECU?
Re: ECU Stolen by jaz(m): 4:47pm On Sep 09, 2014
no oo my broda.

still hope to

erico2k2:
Have you got the part number of the faulty ECU?
Re: ECU Stolen by kablooee: 6:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
jaz: no oo my broda.

still hope to

I asked you to call on me on monday but you never did. kindly let me know when you're ready
Re: ECU Stolen by ebpius1(m): 8:52pm On Sep 15, 2014
my camry 1999 cranks but can not start. my mechanc and
rewire
1.checked for d timing belt its ok.
2. check the fuel distribution its ok
3.now i got a rewire tat has a car scanner. he confirmrd my
first brainbox does not communicate.
4. he's checkin for more problem, he suspect the sensor. - i
av spent SO MUCH ON THIS. Pls help
PLS MATCH MY VIN AND NEW BRAIN BOX NUMB
my vin numb is 4T1BG22K2XU592336
BRAIN BOX NUMB: 89661- 06360
TN175700-7962 12V
Re: ECU Stolen by mbizzy(f): 7:51am On Sep 26, 2014
Hello House , please my toyota corolla brainbox and window buttons was stolen yesterday morning. Please help with the right part .
Re: ECU Stolen by mbizzy(f): 7:55am On Sep 26, 2014
Kablooe please help.
mbizzy: Hello House , please my toyota corolla brainbox and window buttons was stolen yesterday morning. Please help with the right part no.
Vin-2T1BR32EX4C827606.
Year 03/04

bizzypumping@gmail.com. will appreciate your help.
Re: ECU Stolen by kablooee: 8:17am On Sep 26, 2014
mbizzy: Hello House , please my toyota corolla brainbox and window buttons was stolen yesterday morning. Please help with the right part no.
2T1BR32EX4C827606.

bizzypumping@gmail.com. will appreciate your help.

89661-02K20
Re: ECU Stolen by sammily(m): 8:48am On Sep 26, 2014
The rate at which Corolla ECU are been stolen is getting alarming and scary. Are there steps one should take to prevent it from happening to us? Someone once suggested that you scratch out the part number from the ECU (after safely writing it out for your reference) I guess its to make it difficult for the criminals to sell it, or should we just buy a back-up ECU and keep till the inevitable happens... undecided
Re: ECU Stolen by mbizzy(f): 9:28am On Sep 26, 2014
kablooee:

89661-02K20

many thanks appreciate. Please any idea of the cost and do you deal in it? If so share ur contact through mail. Thanks once again
Re: ECU Stolen by mbizzy(f): 11:46am On Sep 26, 2014
mbizzy:

many thanks appreciate. Please any idea of the cost and do you deal in it? If so share ur contact through mail. Thanks once again

@kablooee
I still expect ur contacts
bizzypumping@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: ECU Stolen by erico2k2(m): 12:57pm On Sep 26, 2014
sammily: The rate at which Corolla ECU are been stolen is getting alarming and scary. Are there steps one should take to prevent it from happening to us? Someone once suggested that you scratch out the part number from the ECU (after safely writing it out for your reference) I guess its to make it difficult for the criminals to sell it, or should we just buy a back-up ECU and keep till the inevitable happens... undecided
yes good Idea, remove the part number,makes it hard to sell.
Re: ECU Stolen by kablooee: 1:19pm On Sep 26, 2014
erico2k2:
yes good Idea, remove the part number,makes it hard to sell.

You're wrong bro. Get to ladipo and see them write ecu number with paint or just write "2004 Toyota Corolla" or remove sticker from bad ecu.

Buh really who cares if it's going to be hard to sell or not? What we want is for it not to be stolen at all.
Re: ECU Stolen by erico2k2(m): 8:04pm On Sep 26, 2014
kablooee:

You're wrong bro. Get to ladipo and see them write ecu number with paint or just write "2004 Toyota Corolla" or remove sticker from bad ecu.

Buh really who cares if it's going to be hard to sell or not? What we want is for it not to be stolen at all.
U can never re program an ECU without the part Number.Thats my point

1 Like

Re: ECU Stolen by kablooee: 9:44pm On Sep 26, 2014
erico2k2:
U can never re program an ECU without the part Number.Thats my point

Wrong again bro, when you connect to the ecu, you can get information like VIN, part number, flash version, read current ecu maps etc. Part number has absolutely nothing to do with programming.
Re: ECU Stolen by erico2k2(m): 12:23pm On Sep 27, 2014
kablooee:

Wrong again bro, when you connect to the ecu, you can get information like VIN, part number, flash version, read current ecu maps etc. Part number has absolutely nothing to do with programming.
Brov U dont get it do u.name one person on here who programs the ECU
Re: ECU Stolen by kablooee: 1:28pm On Sep 27, 2014
erico2k2:
Brov U dont get it do u.name one person on here who programs the ECU

One person..... Kablooee.
I don't like to argue much online cos I find it childish but just tell me one ecu you can't program without part number and I'll tell you the steps to program it.

Note. Part numbers will aid but it's not mandatory because there are several ways to get it without the sticker on the engine computer itself.

1 Like

Re: ECU Stolen by erico2k2(m): 2:32pm On Sep 27, 2014
kablooee:

One person..... Kablooee.
I don't like to argue much online cos I find it childish but just tell me one ecu you can't program without part number and I'll tell you the steps to program it.

Note. Part numbers will aid but it's not mandatory because there are several ways to get it without the sticker on the engine computer itself.
Im not arguing we are having a discos so like seriously U say you can remap a car? Cos U need to be registered here to have access to the software or up to date programs.U are telling me you u have that access in Nigeria?
Re: ECU Stolen by kablooee: 3:30pm On Sep 27, 2014
erico2k2:
Im not arguing we are having a discos so like seriously U say yiu can remap a car? Cos U need to be registered here to have acces to the aoftwares or up to date programs.U are telling me you uave that acces in Nigeria?

Yes my friend I can. I've got access to the various manufacturers tech website, yes access from Nigeria. I flash and reprogram VW and chrysler vehicles almost daily.
Re: ECU Stolen by mbizzy(f): 3:55pm On Sep 27, 2014
@ kablooee
I guess it is a deliberate attempt not to respond to my mail and requests for your number/contact. No b so o I really need a replacement ecu.
mbizzy:

@kablooee
I still expect ur contacts
bizzypumping@gmail.com. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This N110m Jayco Embark RV Is A Mansion On Wheels (photos) / BMW 7 Series Facelift: Everything You Need To Know / Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.