Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,850 members, 7,844,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended (33749 Views)

Quickteller Suspends Funds Transfer To Ecobank / 3rd Party Transfers From Savings Account Now Available On Internet Banking (gtb) / UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by Demdem(m): 11:01am On Aug 01, 2012
Kockane:
Bro, if ur conversant with today's Nigerian banking industry, you'll understand when it cums to bank failure, 90% of the entire industry would fail before the likes of gtb feel a thing. This is an institution I have a lotta respect for due to their high level of professionalism and efficiency. Yes, there myt be isolated cases of innefficiency but to now make it sound like its bcum a norm is not good. And to now suggest the bank is on the brink of failure is downright ridiculous.

Av heard u but I no gree. So much was said about intercontinental also. In Nigeria, its not impossible.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by Okijajuju1(m): 11:03am On Aug 01, 2012
Kockane: Funds transfer from savings accounts has been restored, @least, I made two local funds transfers yesterday, one from my current to my savings and anoda from my savings to anoda savings and it was effortless as usual. Easy guys, the GTB brand is known for its culture of excellence, granted tins myt not go as planned @ tyms but you don't throw away the baby with the bathing water, do you? Anytym anyday, its GTbank for me! smiley

ARGH!!! Thank God o!!

Let me call my apprentice Chukwudi to return my money to GTBank.. Those people should not play with my business feeling like that o!!

1 Like

Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by Niiade(m): 11:04am On Aug 01, 2012
hmmmm wonder what they are doing, i cant transfer right now, telling me some bla bla bla sha. but i hope they aint planning to stop this truly. if they do i would simply stop the big account i was already transferring to them to handle n stick to zenith then SHIKENA.

Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by otokx(m): 11:07am On Aug 01, 2012
so its not going to be a permanent thing, nice one.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by BSF: 11:08am On Aug 01, 2012
I just saw it that GTB want to make COT AT ALL COST.
Why SHOULD I BE CHARGED fro transfer in the SAME bank. Believe you me SEGUN AGBAJE, YOU WILL LOOSE A LOT OF CUSTOMERS.You did not INFORM ANY BODY before embarking on this kind of account depleting action.
I wanted to transfer 200k to another GTB customer from SAVINGS TO SAVINGS and I had to transfer to my CURRENT ACCOUNT. making me pay for COT that I did not budget for.
I will simply look for MORE FRIENDLIER BANK. FIRST BANK HERE I COME grin
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by Pukkah: 11:08am On Aug 01, 2012
Don Diara: I just spoke with GT connect, the service is temporarily disabled for security upgrade and it will be restored soon...You can also call them on 08039003900. @OP Learn not to jump into conclusions.

The service? The online one or the physical one in the banking hall?
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by oranges(m): 11:09am On Aug 01, 2012
i just got this

Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by freelinks: 11:10am On Aug 01, 2012
jossy26: This story is confirmed false, NL moderators should ensure such doesn't get to the frontpage so as not to raise unnecessary alarm.. I just transferred from my GT savings to another GT savings now... Bleep the OP

the story aint false, am having problem transfering too, tried lots of time yesterday, all to no avail. once i try logging in,it automatically logs me out. So dem get some problem ohhhhhhh.....
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by masterpiecer(m): 11:12am On Aug 01, 2012
its quite unfortunate dis is coming from GTBank, i tried tranferring yesterday eveining to no avail, what was so annoying was that the internet page kept giving me a prompt that my log in time has expired, usually this happens when u delay with the transaction details, i waited til dis morning and same time, i had to contact GT connect and i was given d information, i think its unprofessional to keep such important detail away from customers, InfoDate should not be used to advertise new products only
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by Kockane(m): 11:16am On Aug 01, 2012
Okija_juju:

ARGH!!! Thank God o!!

Let me call my apprentice Chukwudi to return my money to GTBank.. Those people should not play with my business feeling like that o!!

No mind all doz pipo. Ngwa, Okija-juju, take hand. GTbank anytym mehn wink
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by Niiade(m): 11:18am On Aug 01, 2012
just called a dude in GTB, the instant transfer thing is to be stopped due to the high level of transfers deemed as fraudulent by the Bank and only NEFT will be available. Secondly the transfer thing on saving is going to be stopped to ensure they can get COT off it, means using current as the only option.
Well i think its time to look out for other banks to use
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by medus: 11:18am On Aug 01, 2012
The best thing to do at this time is to get a PocketMoni Mobile transfer account and enjoy transfers to any bank in nigeria at ZERO transfer cost you only pay #150 monthly access charge. Simply send a text using this format 'Reg Firstname Lastname 000020'send to 20220 from any network to register and download this wonderful mobile application ...You can walk into any bank to load your pocketmoni account and enjoy seamless transfers, DSTV PHCN bill payments and buy airtime topup of any network all from the convenience of using your mobile phone
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by jpphilips(m): 11:19am On Aug 01, 2012
[quote @ 0.r.g.a.s.m[/quote]

After a transfer of the sum of 220k from a current to savings acct i got the following alert;

Amount:

N118.75 DR
Transaction Narrative:

VAT ON COT

Transaction Date:

29-Jul-12 15:18 PM

another

Amount:

N2,375.00 DR
Transaction Narrative:

COMMISSION ON TURNOVER
Transaction Date:

29-Jul-12 15:18 PM

Another

Amount:

N50.00 DR
Transaction Narrative:

29-Jul-2012 SMS Alert Charge
Transaction Date:

30-Jul-12 04:57 AM

how do you explain the above cos i didnt understand the magic, perhaps you can help especially on 50naira alert for one transaction

2k plus as cot for 220k?

vat on COT, Abeg who owns the money? me or first bank? did i sign any agreement that i will be charged VAT on money they are making from me?

1 Like

Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by DonDiara(m): 11:19am On Aug 01, 2012
Pukkah:

The service? The online one or the physical one in the banking hall?
The online savings transfer service.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by Nautillus(m): 11:22am On Aug 01, 2012
You guys shouldn't scare me oh...i have most of my funds with GTB oh...(abeg make i move 60% to FCMB for now) i just dey fear as i dey read all these testimonies
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by Pukkah: 11:25am On Aug 01, 2012
Don Diara: The online savings transfer service.

Are you aware that GTBank does not permit transfers to other banks from savings accounts? This is the crux of this thread and not just the online service which I think is a distraction.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by omoijoba1: 11:29am On Aug 01, 2012
babniyen: The behavior of GTBank in the past few days makes me wonder if the change of CEO has changed the values of the bank.

I collected 500K from my current account to initiate a transaction that required 650k; i then rushed back to my office to conclude the transfer thru 'Instant Transfer to Other Banks' opened my GT Web account and searched and searched for that tab....... Not there i thought something was wrong with my eyes, but luckily a colleague had also tried and no show to. I had to rush back to the bank to withdraw from my savings account and gbam !!! I still got charged a penalty for the transaction.

GTB !!! why would remove such an important service and YOU DID NOT INFORM ANY OF YOUR CUSTOMERS OF THE IMPENDING CLOSURE OF SERVICE !!!!!

I hope you realize your shortcomings in number of branches and queue at your ATM's.

This bank feels like a new entity and I am still trying to understand what is going on. I am sure you will understand that I am shopping for a new partner bank!!
I see, no wonder I was told by a teller to join the queue of people wanting to make cash deposits and withdrawals when I needed to do urgent fund transfer from my savings account. Instead of him to tell me this was the development. Anyway, I just tore the Transfer form and walked out of the fucking bank.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by mekaboy(m): 11:30am On Aug 01, 2012
PLEASE WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN, BECAUSE I TRANSFERRED FROM MY SAVINGS TO ANOTHER GTB ACCOUNT YESTERDAY, I HAVE TO TRY IT AGAIN, CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME THEIR ACCOUNT NUMBER FOR ME TO TRY TRANSFERRING CASH, IF IT WORKS U PUT BACK THE MONEY INTO MY ACCOUNT grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by wonderz(m): 11:31am On Aug 01, 2012
otokx: so its not going to be a permanent thing, nice one.

GTB brought up the advert when it's clear to them that Nigerians have caught them. Bye bye to transfer from savings.. Don't be deceived. Except their customers shout out now and they revert!
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by Niiade(m): 11:38am On Aug 01, 2012
Guess my Token is useless now. Thank you GTbank

1 Like

Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by toria1980(f): 11:46am On Aug 01, 2012
my own case is different o.. i transferred money to another Gtbank account, only for me to get a message on the screen that they are sending me code to my fone to effect the transfer.there was no prior notice to this.beside i don't live in Nigeria. it is highly unethical. customers needs to be inform of any changes. i almost got stranded here in the UK. thank God my younger brother has my fone to fward the stupid code.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 01, 2012
Imagine doing a bank draft and being charged COT on my savings account, without preinformation.

Well for me that does it.

They wanna make moni by all means. All these I had an account with them, I have not collected that kinda interest from them.

Its gonna be strictly savings for now.

Will look for some other bank to use for transfers and stuffs.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by mbulela: 11:50am On Aug 01, 2012
Tayo may be turning in his grave.
I hope Agbaje knows what he is doing?
staff morale is low.
customers are noticing downward trend in service delivery.

I just hope he knows what he is doing?
I have been doing some transactions with Diamond bank and i am loving it.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by flexya: 12:00pm On Aug 01, 2012
[quote author=jp philips][/quote]

Come 2 think of it, this thing of VAT is double taxation cos after witdrawin the money, I head for a shop 2 buy groceries. On the receipt, there are also deductions for VAT. I think this calls for a legal challenge and declaration from the Supreme court.

By the way JP Phillips, those charges are just way out of proportion. Is it a corporate account? I just left UBA 2 join FCMB a month ago. Sadly, I av lost over N9k in charges within a month 2 FCMB, despite witdrawin only N500k. Imagine N2K+ for a cheque book? Am leavin them today and headin for GTB. Wit all these comments, I am thinkin of Diamond. Firstbank is always tooo tooo busy for a man wit little time/patience like me
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by jpphilips(m): 12:05pm On Aug 01, 2012
@ all

what i will advise is for one to be careful leaving GTB completely because the ones out there have no guarantees, you may wish to sequestrate some packages that doesn't suit you while you use other banks to compliment for those.

my current account with first bank has become blood money for them, all they need is a heading to make deductions, i wont be surprised if they charge me "matching ground" in their banking hall.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by lafad11(m): 12:07pm On Aug 01, 2012
jossy26: This story is confirmed false, NL moderators should ensure such doesn't get to the frontpage so as not to raise unnecessary alarm.. I just transferred from my GT savings to another GT savings now... Bleep the OP
So what do u av to say concerning the instant payment to other banks link dats has been taken off for d past 1week?
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by jpphilips(m): 12:07pm On Aug 01, 2012
flexya:

Come 2 think of it, this thing of VAT is double taxation cos after witdrawin the money, I head for a shop 2 buy groceries. On the receipt, there are also deductions for VAT. I think this calls for a legal challenge and declaration from the Supreme court.

By the way JP Phillips, those charges are just way out of proportion. Is it a corporate account? I just left UBA 2 join FCMB a month ago. Sadly, I av lost over N9k in charges within a month 2 FCMB, despite witdrawin only N500k. Imagine N2K+ for a cheque book? Am leavin them today and headin for GTB. Wit all these comments, I am thinkin of Diamond. Firstbank is always tooo tooo busy for a man wit little time/patience like me

that prompted my advise above, wot we have are all wonder banks, but no matter what, GTB remains the lesser evil,
that was a personal current account Notification from first bank.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by meetgaya: 12:21pm On Aug 01, 2012
since morning i have been battling how to transfer money from my saving account to another gt account but fruitless.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by UncleJJ(m): 12:25pm On Aug 01, 2012
Na wah ooh. I"ve a dorm account with them and its very cool.

Was planning to open a savings today, but from what I hear - it may not be a good idea.

If we should ignore gtb, pls offer some advice in regards to other banks.

Have been using ekobank since my uni days !
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by ebosed: 12:26pm On Aug 01, 2012
GTB Stinks with arrogance this days...No doubt the bank is missing it Late CEO...Im lost for words to describe this scandalous service standard...I am still watching, every comment here about the bank is an understatement...something is certainly wrong...I am thinking through my next move...I have bank with GTBank as my Only Bank for nearly 10years...and have succeeded to sign on most friends, siblings and my organisation...I am planning to reverse all this in the next few months if nothing changes...STILL WATCHING
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by ebosed: 12:28pm On Aug 01, 2012
[size=8pt][/size]GTB Stinks with arrogance this days...No doubt the bank is missing it Late CEO...Im lost for words to describe this scandalous service standard...I am still watching, every comment here about the bank is an understatement...something is certainly wrong...I am thinking through my next move...I have bank with GTBank as my Only Bank for nearly 10years...and have succeeded to sign on most friends, siblings and my organisation...I am planning to reverse all this in the next few months if nothing changes...STILL WATCHING
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by 1forall: 12:38pm On Aug 01, 2012
Our banks and their primitive cowboy ways angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CBN formalises dollar sales to BDCs as naira improves / Heavy Flooding In Alaba Market: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) / Banks Now Charge N6.98 For USSD Transactions (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.