Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,541 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Uk Job Applications: Now That Post Study Visa Has Been Removed... - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Job Applications: Now That Post Study Visa Has Been Removed... (1873 Views)

Nigerian Removed From Flight Over Hepatitis A Gets Unexpected Miracle / Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone / Dubai Visa Has No Age Or Marriage Restrictions - Emirates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Job Applications: Now That Post Study Visa Has Been Removed... by Skii(m): 7:34pm On Aug 01, 2012
Fellow Nairalanders,

Now that the post study visa has been removed (April 2012) and most job openings are all requiring that applicants be fully eligible to work in UK -with some going as far as saying that "a post study visa does not meet this requirement", I'd please like to know what the way forward is?

On one hand, UKBA say one needs a company as a sponsor to make up the points necessary to apply for the Tier 2 work permit visa (just like a school serving as a sponsor for the Tier 4 student visa)

On the other hand, the companies are unwilling to sponsor...

Now with the drop in application from international students (who by the way bring about £8billion pounds to the British economy annually), the UK colleges and universities are putting pressure on the authorities to cut back on the laws restricting international students post study...

My question is this, assuming the UK Government do go back on the restrictions, for those people in this momentary period of time between the abolition of the post study visa, NOW, the parliamentary deliberations to relax the law, and what the new law would be... WHAT CAN BE DONE TO GET A JOB? undecided

Thoughts welcomed...Thanks

PS: This thread is solely for the purpose of idea generation and discussion. The Moderators will do kindly to hide any irrelevant and unwarranted responses.
Re: Uk Job Applications: Now That Post Study Visa Has Been Removed... by member10: 9:24am On Aug 02, 2012
why be cracking your brain to solve a white mans problem, when there are enough challenges in nigeria!?
who will the think of solution to nigerian problem?
Re: Uk Job Applications: Now That Post Study Visa Has Been Removed... by iseg007(m): 2:25pm On Aug 03, 2012
Dude,
Nothing can be done, there are only three solutions
- Marry a british man/woman to get the right visa.
- Become illegal.
- Come back to Naija and pray you get a good job or start a small business of your own.
Re: Uk Job Applications: Now That Post Study Visa Has Been Removed... by dustydee: 2:42pm On Aug 03, 2012
You can still get a job. I know several people that have gotten jobs even with the new rules. You can target companies that do not require permission to work in the UK. Even some that state that you require permission to work in the UK sometimes take non eu citizens. The only way you can know in such situations is by applying.
Re: Uk Job Applications: Now That Post Study Visa Has Been Removed... by iseg007(m): 3:11pm On Aug 03, 2012
dustydee: You can still get a job. I know several people that have gotten jobs even with the new rules. You can target companies that do not require permission to work in the UK. Even some that state that you require permission to work in the UK sometimes take non eu citizens. The only way you can know in such situations is by applying.

I really doubt it, I know when applying for IT jobs, they always ask for PSW or workpermit, most companies dont want to apply for anyone as it is a waste of time when there are EU citizens avaliable.

The few ones i know that one can apply for are the Blue-chip companies, like Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, Accenture, Ernest & young....and a few others, but the competition is CRAZY...I will not advise anyone to come and do Masters or school in the UK.

1 Like

Re: Uk Job Applications: Now That Post Study Visa Has Been Removed... by dustydee: 4:57pm On Aug 03, 2012
iseg007:

I really doubt it, I know when applying for IT jobs, they always ask for PSW or workpermit, most companies dont want to apply for anyone as it is a waste of time when there are EU citizens avaliable.

The few ones i know that one can apply for are the Blue-chip companies, like Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, Accenture, Ernest & young....and a few others, but the competition is CRAZY...I will not advise anyone to come and do Masters or school in the UK.
That is not entirely correct sir. If you check the Job boards, you will see that the companies you mentioned like accenture and Eand Y are yet to fill their 2012 quotas. The problem most people have is first during the application process. Deloite told me in my school that over 50% don't scale through that 1st process. So learn the tricks from your career service before you apply cos you only have 1 shot during the recruitment cycle and apply early too. I know a couple of people that have jobs in engineering already-including me.

(1) (Reply)

Pls How Do I Get A Receipt After Paying Tuition Fee With Form A / Who Has Travelled To Canada Tru Belvic Global Ventures? / 10 World's Cheapest Holiday Destinations For 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.