Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,079 members, 7,838,718 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Why This Choice Of Formal Attire? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why This Choice Of Formal Attire? (4578 Views)

Chinese Man Rocking Yoruba Traditional Attire (Photos) / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria Traditional Attire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why This Choice Of Formal Attire? by kandiikane(m): 3:01am On Aug 02, 2012
Lol, what nooooooo!

I said my name isn't fatou. tongue

My first name is Gambian and last name sierra leonean.
Re: Why This Choice Of Formal Attire? by Nobody: 3:03am On Aug 02, 2012
Thank you very much, kandicane and Royal, for your meaningful and relevant contributions so far towards the topic.
Re: Why This Choice Of Formal Attire? by kandiikane(m): 3:04am On Aug 02, 2012
Lol, sorry. grin
Re: Why This Choice Of Formal Attire? by Nobody: 3:06am On Aug 02, 2012
kandiikane: Lol, sorry. grin

@Op Sorry Preddi Lady...we will be out ya way soon...Come on Kandii, go get on skype and sabar for me again.
Re: Why This Choice Of Formal Attire? by kandiikane(m): 3:13am On Aug 02, 2012
~Royal~:

@Op Sorry Preddi Lady...we will be out ya way soon...Come on Kandii, go get on skype and sabar for me again.

Lol, the skype in your dreams? cheesy
Re: Why This Choice Of Formal Attire? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 04, 2012
fellis:
We have heavy cloth materials quite alright but of course I wasn't talking about substituting with those ones. There are lighter materials like Adire or Ankara. Some types of lace materials are also light.

I can't remember the last time I saw Adire. Whatever happened to that material? Ankara is very foreign too though.
Re: Why This Choice Of Formal Attire? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 04, 2012
stillwater:

I can't remember the last time I saw Adire.
Yes, it has become less popular but it won't kill us to bring it back instead of making the use of foreign styles a life and death issue.
stillwater: Ankara is very foreign too though.
Why do you say that? Because it is called Dutch wax? Fine, the material used to be exclusively produced overseas (before African production started) but I won't refer to it as foreign. It is made with patterns and designs that suit West African tastes and West Africa is the prime market for which it is produced.
Re: Why This Choice Of Formal Attire? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 11:08pm On Aug 04, 2012
What about aso oke, is that also foreign and modernized. Mtchheeew.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo Men's Ways, A Cultural Thing ? / What's The Meaning Of This?? / Ochichi: A Possible Example Of 'igbonization' In The Etche-ikwerre Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.