Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,031 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

Ebuwa: The Edo Language Movie That Will Premiere Around The World In 2008 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ebuwa: The Edo Language Movie That Will Premiere Around The World In 2008 (3604 Views)

How Silverbird Uyo Bungled Movie Premiere With Failed Generators / The Hit, The First Nigeria Movie That Has Caught My Cynical Attention / Ebuwa: The Edo Language Movie That Will Premiere Around The World In 2008 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebuwa: The Edo Language Movie That Will Premiere Around The World In 2008 by cliffemmy(m): 12:26am On Dec 15, 2007
SYNOPSIS OF THE MOVIE "EBUWA"

Ebuwa was forced to traveled abroad by her mother to engage in the business of prostitution in order to facilitate the upliftment of the financial status of her family. On arrival in Europe, she fell in love with Ikpomwonsa, the man that came to her rescue when she was stranded on arrival in Europe because her aunty who she was sent to meet was in jail for related offence, “human-trafficking”. “Ikpomwonsa wants to marry her”.

This infuriated her mother who insisted she wasn’t sent to go and marry in Europe, but to go and make money---like other girls.

The agony, deception, passion, greed and tragedy that followed is what unfolds as the captivating story of Ebuwa is told. It features an anti-stigmatization appeal and a landmark judgment on murder.

This tragedy of greed is told in Edo language, aided with professional cinematography

The movie "EBUWA" premieres in Benin, Abuja, Lagos, Torino, Madrid, London, Rome and New York.

Directed by Lancelot Oduwa Imasuen and supported by the Edo State Government.

Visit the Official Website of the movie at www.themovieebuwa.com

The FILM MAKER'S Comment:
"Getting support from the deputy Governor of Edo State for the production of this movie was majorly the moving thing and I know my people and all that care about us will be stunned at what we are getting out.

EBUWA to me is a realization of an indepth desire and an explosion of my artistic ingenuity and the level I have always wanted to take Edo language movie to.

EBUWA is a dream come true, a desire fulfilled and an aspiration achieved".
Lancelot Oduwa Imasuen

Re: Ebuwa: The Edo Language Movie That Will Premiere Around The World In 2008 by cliffemmy(m): 12:39am On Dec 15, 2007
View the movie website at www.themovieebuwa.com. Lets hear your view. This post will be updated with the premiere dates.
Re: Ebuwa: The Edo Language Movie That Will Premiere Around The World In 2008 by kojeiwa(m): 6:28pm On Dec 15, 2007
Was the movie acted in Edo language. How come Hank Anuku is the main character? Thus he speak bini? When is the movie going to premier?
Re: Ebuwa: The Edo Language Movie That Will Premiere Around The World In 2008 by Germannig: 1:39pm On Dec 17, 2007
kojeiwa:

Was the movie acted in Edo language. How come Hank Anuku is the main character? Thus he speak bini? When is the movie going to premier?

Investors invest their money on whoever can bring returns. You only need to coach Hanks on Edo Language and he will deliver. Don Cheadle of the hotel Rwanda fame had to learn Rwandese accent in time.
Re: Ebuwa: The Edo Language Movie That Will Premiere Around The World In 2008 by kojeiwa(m): 5:23pm On Dec 17, 2007
What Edo song is moving Benin City as of today. I went to a wedding last week and I

heard this Christian Marriage and Party song i really love. Part of the chorus was

" I love my Darling, I love you Gedegbe"

Does anyone knows who sang it and the name of the song? THanks

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Tv Stations In Usa / ~ Any " Strictly Come Dancing" Fans? ~ / Join The Next Generation Of Film Makers. (new Wave Pioneers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.